Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman (5932 Views)

Housewife Dies In Lover’s House while Man Loses Life In Brothel. / Guys Which Do You Prefer,a Career Woman Or A Housewife?? / Career Woman Or House Wife: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
Greetings all,

I am new to Nairaland. This is my very first topic. How exciting! I've heard quite a lot about this forum and I was told some people on here can be quite harsh.

I just wanted to bring up this topic because it’s so close to home.

This question is particularly directed to men but women are more than welcome to provide me with their input.

Men, do you prefer a housewife or a career woman? I want you to be completely honest about your answers, but please avoid being disrespectful towards anyone.

Please explain the reason for your preference.

I am looking forward to seeing all your responses. :-)
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
Career shdn't take-over the responsibilities of woman in the house....

Full house-wife is also boring...

I will stay in the middle.....little carrer,big-homie...!!!

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 03, 2013
donroxy: Career shdn't take-over the responsibilities of woman in the house....

Full house-wife is also boring...

I will stay in the middle.....little carrer,big-homie...!!!

I agree with you. I think it's great to have a balance. Thanks for your input.
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by greedie1(f): 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
i can be a career woman, a loving wife and a good mother...
housewife? hell no! dat ll be a sin.... against humanity.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by bknight: 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
MissRaissa: but please avoid being disrespectful towards anyone.

You're truly new here!

gree-die:

Lol!

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Kaxmytex(m): 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
2 my own perception....career woman wey go 4get say im get pikin nd husby 4 hauz o,i fink dat iz bad

and as 4 d housewify tinz,i fink i luv dat....d woman go dey help me massage my body anytym m bak 4rm work cheesy,she go takes gud care of d kids properly nd dere won't b "m so tired" anytym when i wan...........*coughs*
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
Me? be a housewife? definitely not in this lifetime.

I'm not working my azz off in school and stressing over grad school just for me to sit at home in the future.

It doesn't mean I won't be a loving mother who will be there for her family but rest assured, I won't be a housewife.
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2013
Dear OP,
I think it's a choice as with both sides comes different challenges. The personalities of the persons involved also plays a great role as to what they would find more suitable. The housewife has the pros of having a woman who would be at home all the time and tend to the family, on the other hand career woman can also lend a very good hand in reducing the financial burden as well as also fulfil their dreams to become relevant in society.
The way I see it, no holy grail method to marriage exists, it ultimately boils down to both people regardless of whichever path is chosen to make success of their union by remembering what's most important to both of them and if these things match, some men like me would go any length for my family some others want loads of money and a huge empire or even a great career and may or may not care as much, same applies for women here.
The traditional housewife I think is evolving and it's inevitable that with time both couples have to pay attention to the home to cover for the other. Personally I dont want a sit at home wife no one deserves that unless they want to, ultimately the kids would grow and leave, then what?

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by MrsChima(f): 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
Love making my own money and don't like to depend on others to take care of me. I like to contribute financially.
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by MrCork17: 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
MissRaissa: Greetings all,

I am new to Nairaland. This is my very first topic. How exciting! I've heard quite a lot about this forum and I was told some people on here can be quite harsh.

I just wanted to bring up this topic because it’s so close to home.

This question is particularly directed to men but women are more than welcome to provide me with their input.

Men, do you prefer a housewife or a career woman? I want you to be completely honest about your answers, but please avoid being disrespectful towards anyone.

Please explain the reason for your preference.

I am looking forward to seeing all your responses. :-)

..is it illegal to say: Good evenin peiple, How do u do??.. white women dont act like that!!! angry
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by vivianc(f): 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2013
I'm gonna be both. A career woman to the core who would also have ample time for her husband, kids and family.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
I want to be a career woman who spends all day at home planning on how to chop her husband's money undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I want to be a career woman who spends all day at home planning on how to chop her husband's money undecided

So typical!...I know ur from imo state. undecided
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
You all make a good point. I honestly can't see myself as just a housewife. I feel like I need to be an example for my future children, especially if I end up having daughters. I have nothing against housewives, in fact I strongly believe being a mom is one of the hardest jobs in this world. It is a FULL TIME job with no vacation or time off.

I am looking forward to being a wife/mother one day BUT I also need to have a career. I must have another identity other than being just so and so's wife. I love the idea of being independent.
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
Kaxmytex: 2 my own perception....career woman wey go 4get say im get pikin nd husby 4 hauz o,i fink dat iz bad

and as 4 d housewify tinz,i fink i luv dat....d woman go dey help me massage my body anytym m bak 4rm work cheesy,she go takes gud care of d kids properly nd dere won't b "m so tired" anytym when i wan...........*coughs*

A career woman can do all that for you also.
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:38pm On Apr 03, 2013
MissRaissa: You all make a good point. I honestly can't see myself as just a housewife. I feel like I need to be an example for my future children, especially if I end up having daughters. I have nothing against housewives, in fact I strongly believe being a mom [/b]is one of the hardest jobs in this world. It is a FULL TIME job with no vacation or time off.

I am looking forward to being a wife/mother one day BUT I also need to have a career. I must have another identity other than being just so and so's wife. I love the idea of being independent.
Can I kindly correct that to say being a [b]GREAT mom is the hardest job in the world, women do not have it easy.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 03, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Can I kindly correct that to say being a GREAT mom is the hardest job in the world, women do not have it easy.

Hello Chris! Thank you for saying that. Women really do not have it easy. I am glad to see more and more African men are beginning to appreciate everything women do.

Seeing the way some of the ladies and men on here have responded brings so much joy to my heart. The African mentality is evolving and I am glad to witness it with my own eyes!

Thank you all so much for being so kind.
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 04, 2013
Being a ''mom'' is a quite challenging role than Career itself.

A mom really need to be there @ each stage of the child's development,u have to be there for the husband and the HOME atlarge if u now add challenging Career to the above responsibilities.......body no be machine now and only 24hrs make a day.......then ''Stress'' is the result,since the physical and mental equilibrum of the woman woulda been affected and the HOME suffer the consequence!!!

Tis a very challenging task for a woman to be a highly career oriented and also satisfied the requirement of Housewife @ the same time mayb a ''SuperWoman'' lol grin
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 04, 2013
MissRaissa:

I agree with you. I think it's great to have a balance. Thanks for your input.
u re welcome and also to Nairaland.......

U know, tis great to have a balance but that actually depend on the Organisation u find urself let assume Great Organisation,Great Role,Big Money,Big Cars,Fly out on Private jet(Global tour on business)......

MissRaisa,what will happen to the Home in the above scenario ......?
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 04, 2013
obitee69:

So typical!...I know ur from imo state. undecided
undecided undecided
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by nikkyshyne(f): 8:50am On Apr 04, 2013
vivian chinaza: I'm gonna be both. A career woman to the core who would also have ample time for her husband, kids and family.
Gbam! Having my own professional business makes it even better so that no one dictates the time I spend with my family.
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by iagdb(f): 11:29am On Apr 04, 2013
Chrisbenogor: Dear OP,
I think it's a choice as with both sides comes different challenges. The personalities of the persons involved also plays a great role as to what they would find more suitable. The housewife has the pros of having a woman who would be at home all the time and tend to the family, on the other hand career woman can also lend a very good hand in reducing the financial burden as well as also fulfil their dreams to become relevant in society.
The way I see it, no holy grail method to marriage exists, it ultimately boils down to both people regardless of whichever path is chosen to make success of their union by remembering what's most important to both of them and if these things match, some men like me would go any length for my family some others want loads of money and a huge empire or even a great career and may or may not care as much, same applies for women here.
The traditional housewife I think is evolving and it's inevitable that with time both couples have to pay attention to the home to cover for the other. Personally I dont want a sit at home wife no one deserves that unless they want to, ultimately the kids would grow and leave, then what?

Being a total housewife can turn a woman into a couch potato, a gossip, a nag! she notices every mistake her husband makes...she watches videos that encourage her to pry into her husbands dealings, which often causes trouble, etc.
Being a total career woman can turn a woman into a man! career can be exhausting and not allow the woman take on some homely responsibilities, and rather, she'll employ hands to do her roles. If she has a homely understanding man...then it could be perfect, they've just swapped roles, but you cant cheat nature at the end of the day, but i see where this works well, with understanding.
It could also be combined, but a housewife+career woman combo...hmm, u go tire o! except ur career is teaching and the likes.
Being a Combo woman makes u a super woman/ man, but u may not live long (lol!), and one will suffer sometimes if not most times.
For women who want to combine, and be effective all round, you may want to start up your own business in the line of ur career (consult or something), that way, you are your own boss, and can still do homework with you kid, or gist on the new guy shadowing your daughter, or give ur husband a great meal, and nice massage, and do movies with the family!
Otherwise, you will miss out on all these things, and can never get it back, and later blame ur husband for not loving you.
Be wise!

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2013
I don't know why men preference matter in this discourse. The decision to be a housewife, a career woman or both is purely based on the individual.
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
iagdb:

Being a total housewife can turn a woman into a couch potato, a gossip, a nag! she notices every mistake her husband makes...she watches videos that encourage her to pry into her husbands dealings, which often causes trouble, etc.
Being a total career woman can turn a woman into a man! career can be exhausting and not allow the woman take on some homely responsibilities, and rather, she'll employ hands to do her roles. If she has a homely understanding man...then it could be perfect, they've just swapped roles, but you cant cheat nature at the end of the day, but i see where this works well, with understanding.
It could also be combined, but a housewife+career woman combo...hmm, u go tire o! except ur career is teaching and the likes.
Being a Combo woman makes u a super woman/ man, but u may not live long (lol!), and one will suffer sometimes if not most times.
For women who want to combine, and be effective all round, you may want to start up your own business in the line of ur career (consult or something), that way, you are your own boss, and can still do homework with you kid, or gist on the new guy shadowing your daughter, or give ur husband a great meal, and nice massage, and do movies with the family!
Otherwise, you will miss out on all these things, and can never get it back, and later blame ur husband for not loving you.
Be wise!

That was a great response. You made some really good points.
Re: Marriage: Housewife Vs Career Woman by Popowaa: 10:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
gree-die:
i can be a career woman, a loving wife and a good mother...

(1) (Reply)

Romance Game / What Are Your Unspoken Sentiments And Aspirations As Regards Marriage? / 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.