Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula (2544 Views)

Bakassi Peninsula Refugees To Attend Biafra Congress. / Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters / Nigerian Boat Hijacked In Bakassi Peninsula (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula by bluehorizo(m): 2:12am On Apr 03, 2008
Nigeria, and Cameroun are currently working out the possibilities of jointly exploiting oil reserves in the Bakassi, located on their shared border.

The Minister of State for Energy (Petroleum), Mr. Odein Ajumogobia, who spoke in Yaounde, the Camerounian capital, said, “If it is possible for Cameroun and Nigeria to exploit the oil in Bakassi together, that will be an interesting proposition.’’

The International Court of Justice ruled in 2002 that the Bakassi Peninsula, which Nigeria claimed as its territory, belonged to Cameroun, ending an eight-year legal dispute.

The area is estimated to contain up to 10 billion barrels of oil reserves, according to a Forbes magazine report on March 10, 2003, without saying where it got the information.

Nigeria and Cameroun, earlier in March, signed an accord demarking the border in the coastal waters of the Gulf of Guinea, under the terms of the ICJ, the United Nations said on March 14.

An additional 245 kilometres (153 miles) of land boundary still needs to be demarcated.

However, the two countries must determine how they will cooperate across their maritime boundary, Lamine Cissé, the Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary General, Ban Ki- moon, said after the accord was signed.

To this end, Ajumogobia said, “That is already happening elsewhere,” citing an exploration agreement between Nigeria and the Atlantic Ocean islands of Sao Tome and Principe.

“We have formed a joint commission to explore resources together.” he added.

Nigeria, Africa’s leading oil producer, pumped 2.46 million barrels of crude a day in 2006, while Cameroun’s output was 63,000 barrels a day, according to the BP Statistical Review of World Energy.
Re: Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula by tpia: 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2008
sounds like a workable plan.

If only both sides can keep to it.
Re: Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula by ifele(m): 5:59am On Apr 04, 2008
My name is Ifele I AM a super-nationalist. Cameroon is no probs. We can defeat them.
They have a military force of 25,000 we have 70,000+. I even beat up one of them on the street
a couple of years back. That oil belongs to Bakassi people and all of us tru black bloods. This is not
the time to pretend you are white. Yu aint white. White civilisation is about white women fucking dogs and horses.
White has no fucking moral superiority to tell us to leave Bakassi for fascist wannabe Cameroonians.
Re: Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula by tpia: 6:06am On Apr 04, 2008
ifele:

My name is Ifele I AM a super-nationalist. Cameroon is no probs. We can defeat them.
They have a military force of 25,000 we have 70,000+. I even beat up one of them on the street
a couple of years back. That oil belongs to Bakassi people and all of us tru black bloods. This is not
the time to pretend you are white. Yu aint white. White civilisation is about white women fucking dogs and horses.
White has no fucking moral superiority to tell us to leave Bakassi for fascist wannabe Cameroonians.

helloo.

what exactly is your point- you're saying so many things yet still beating around the bush.

Just need a little clarification if possible, though I think you may be an old face with a new user id.

na today? What else is new. undecided

[s]why am I even bothering- I see you're an old hand at what you do. I no get time.[/s]
Re: Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula by grafikdon: 8:06am On Apr 04, 2008
ifele:

You are a super nationalist or super racist? Which one u dey, broda? You know, it's easy to make your point without puking on Cameroon, her military and her people. You just typed a billion lines of utter gibberish. And this white people bashing is even more ridiculous or should I remind you your black brothers have been caught time after time with their pee pee stuck in a camel or goat? Are we now all camel and goat 'humpers'? It disgusts me when some black people fail to see the ugly racist in them and believe that racism = white against black. Come see racism in its crude form. First you puked on Cameroon like you've met everyone of them, secondly you took another ugly turn and painted white women with one ugly brush.

For your safety, you better stop 'beating' soldiers or they will 'beat' you with bullets, Mr. Arnlone Rambowazzenegger.
Re: Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula by texazzpete(m): 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2008
ifele:

Racist, immature retard!!
Re: Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula by deor03(m): 11:23pm On Apr 07, 2008
Re: Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula by ifele(m): 4:32pm On Apr 09, 2008
I will reply y'all without fear

Cameroon is a land thiefing fascist state. They even have a fasces on their coat of arms. Who controls the borders ICJ.

Go check internet see how white man dey make him sista sex animal for money. Nigger is better that yu sex her than she sex animal.

Yu call me racist why is Nigeria niger-ia. God Bless the Queen. It is not her fault it is the prejudice.

Never insulted anyone here never will cos I got self-control. Racism is a multilane highway. Cos I condemn it doesnt mean I am a race-hater.

Nigeria was betrayed ask any competent Army,Navy,Air-Force officer. Betrayed by greedy nigger PDP commies. Death to Cameroon.
Re: Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:02pm On Apr 01, 2011
This ifele is a mad man. . .
Re: Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula by Kennyblues(m): 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2011
He is typing from Canada, perhaps we can link him with becomrich, my opinion
Re: Cameroun, Nigeria To Jointly Exploit Bakassi Peninsula by naijaking1: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2011
I don't see how Cameron would agree to share the peninsula that they have won from the world court with Nigeria. It seems that the time to negotiate a joint ownership was before the final court verdict.-------- don't know, but I could be wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Bomb Explodes In Aso Rock! / Court Stops Efcc From Arresting Okereke-onyiuke / Revived Volkswagen Nigeria To Launch Locally Made Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.