Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. (93568 Views)

Captured On Our Streets By A Foreign Lens, Images that shamed Britain !!!! / Britain Gives The Go Ahead To Murder Ghaddafi / Should Great Britain Hand Back The Falklands Over To Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by bebe2(f): 9:45pm On Apr 03, 2013
its april again and local authorities in uk are busy looking for money.
how many bills can one recieve in a day.
i think the easter holiday delayed the postman, water rate, business rate, council tax, speeding ticket( self inflicted, hubby beat red light) shey na only dis house dey dis country?

3 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 03, 2013
What are you still doing in UK? Relocate to US. Even unconfirmed reports have it that Cameron spends more time in Washington than London these days.

3 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Osama10(m): 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
In my days I used to ignore some of those bills.

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by DisGuy: 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2013
Come to Naija Abi wetin you sef dey find there? Bills?

business rate?

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hail the Queen! grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
In Naija you dont have to worry about these bills

6 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by OmoTier1(m): 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
bebe2: its april again and local authorities in uk are busy looking for money.
i think the easter holiday delayed the postman, water rate, business rate, council tax, speeding ticket( self inflicted, hubby beat red light) shey na only dis house dey dis country?
why are you whinging like the Brits? If they up your bill, up your asking price... Or are you an illegal? Most professional that knows their onions are not complaining.. They just keep upping their price until they hit that £100/hr ... cool

5 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by redsun(m): 10:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
dayokanu: In Naija you dont have to worry about these bills

That is why nothing works.You have to pay your way in life.Give and take.

I hate tv license so much.The channels you pay for are not worth the wahala.

3 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
bebe2: its april again and local authorities in uk are busy looking for money.
My dad almost cried when he saw the bill grin
Always complaining about the increase water and gas bill. I don't blame him sha. It's hard work.

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by kokoA(m): 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2013
Which one be bills again? Na award? We no sabi dat one for here o

8 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
Prof Corruption: What are you still doing in UK? Relocate to US. Even unconfirmed reports have it that Cameron spends more time in Washington than London these days.
And pay for healthcare ? tongue

3 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by funnyx(m): 10:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
redsun:

Me too I hate the tv licence, I see it as a rip off.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by dayokanu(m): 10:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
redsun:

So its a choice, Pay nothing get nothing Pay small get small or Pay big get big

4 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 03, 2013
Come and complain about your bills thread grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by redsun(m): 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=dayokanu]

So its a choice, Pay nothing get nothing Pay small get small or Pay big get big[
/quote]

Whatever a man sows,so shall he reap.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
adaobi123: Come and complain about your bills thread grin

I just complained about my darn electricity bill a few days ago... I still don't know how 15pounds a week turned to 500pounds for 3months - and I'm not ready to waste no credit to ring them... grin

They might as well take me to court and send bailiffs down to my house... undecided

Most people are moving back to their parent's house now - the bills are just ridiculous, to be honest...

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 03, 2013
Omo_Tier1: why are you whinging like the Brits? If they up your bill, up your asking price... Or are you an illegal? Most professional that knows their onions are not complaining.. They just keep upping their price until they hit that £100/hr ... cool

You can only up your price if you're self-employed...

Most people work normal jobs with fixed wages...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by EkoAtlantic: 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
dayokanu: In Naija you dont have to worry about these bills

where stuffs are cheap as hell
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
shymexx:

I just complained about my darn electricity bill a few days ago... I still don't know how 15pounds a week turned to 500pounds for 3months - and I'm not ready to waste no credit to ring them... grin

They might as well take me to court and send bailiffs down to my house... undecided

Most people are moving back to their parent's house now - the bills are just ridiculous, to be honest...
@ bolded -Are you forreal ?? Jheeezzeee
I beg yeah, don't go court. My neighbour suffered that. He couldnt pay the gas bill and British gas took away his heating. He probably be frozen to death now. undecided
Moving back to your parents house should be option though, a lot of people can't cope with the increase of bills.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by ballabriggs: 11:14pm On Apr 03, 2013
I got an extra bill of about 800 pounds for three months over the winter and went bunkers. I called and they explained tariff has gone up and I probably also used a lot of heating in the period.

In truth I did turn on the heating system a lot, however, 800 quid just seems over the board. I use Npower and people have warned that it is a bloody rip off. I am looking to change to another source.

3 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 03, 2013
adaobi123:
@ bolded -Are you forreal ?? Jheeezzeee
I beg yeah, don't go court. My neighbour suffered that. He couldnt pay the gas bill and British gas took away his heating. He probably be frozen to death now. undecided
Moving back to your parents house should be option though, a lot of people can't cope with the increase of bills.

Lmao @ taking his heating away.. grin This is the first time I'm hearing that and it's kind of reminiscent of when the council in Birmingham took my boy's refuse buckets because he didn't pay his council tax... grin

Yo, I can post a pic of the darn bill, it's just ridiculous - I'll just pay them the normal fee I owe them and leave the rest there... I owe them 180pounds and that's what I'm going to pay... undecided

I can't move back to my parent's house, though... I've been living alone for too long to go back there... undecided

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by redsun(m): 11:18pm On Apr 03, 2013
shymexx:

Why are u talking like a "jew"?How can a bill of fifteen pounds a week turn to 500 pounds a month and you are not fighting tooth and nail to correct it?

Your flat mate could be growing cannabis with your line.

5 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by kingviny: 11:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
[size=18pt][/size]THE BEST GIFT YOU CAN BUY FOR YOUR FOLKS

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
@ bolded Is that a joke ? Whhhhaattt ? LOL
Dammnnn the day I'll start paying my own bills undecided undecided
How do you lot cope with all these bills ?
Maybe moving back to your parents ain't an option of you tongue
shymexx:

Lmao @ taking his heating away.. grin This is the first time I'm hearing that and it's kind of reminiscent of when the council in Birmingham took my boy's refuse buckets because he didn't pay his council tax... grin

Yo, I can post a pic of the darn bill, it's just ridiculous - I'll just pay them the normal fee I owe them and leave the rest there... I owe them 180pounds and that's what I'm going to pay... undecided

I can't move back to my parent's house, though... I've been living alone for too long to go back there... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by redsun(m): 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2013
shymexx:

I was mistaking you for a big boy.

You still mourn about bills.Are a you student?

13 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2013
redsun:
Why are u talking like a "jew"?How can a bill of fifteen pounds a week turn to 500 pounds a month and you are not fighting tooth and nail to correct it?

Your flat mate could be growing cannabis with your line.

I don't have a flatmate, I live in a one-bedroom flat by myself... The process is a little bit long - you have to call them and stay on the phone for prob. an hour... Then after that, you've to start taking your own meter reading and sending it to them at a certain date every month... However, you have to pay the money you owe them first - and they'll refund it back later... That's how it works... Who has time for that nonsense?? undecided
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 03, 2013
adaobi123: @ bolded Is that a joke ? Whhhhaattt ? LOL
Dammnnn the day I'll start paying my own bills undecided undecided
How do you lot cope with all these bills ?
Maybe moving back to your parents ain't an option of you tongue

I swear they took his refuse buckets.... grin

That ish was funny as fvck!!! grin

Paying bills is nuts esp. when you live alone... You don't even want me to tell you how much my rent + council tax + phone bills + virgin media(TV) + internet + water bills(two) + electricity and gas is every months... grin It's cray!!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
redsun:

Everyone mourns about bills.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2013
redsun:

Nah, bro... Who likes coughing out a big chunk of his hard earned earnings every month?? grin

More than 1000pounds on just rent and bills monthly is just too much for one person, tbh..
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
shymexx:

Paying bills is nuts esp. when you live... You don't even want me to tell you how much my rent + council tax + phone bills + virgin media(TV) + internet + water bills(two) + electricity and gas is every months... grin It's cray!!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
shymexx:

Paying bills is nuts esp. when you live... You don't even want me to tell you how much my rent + council tax + phone bills + virgin media(TV) + internet + water bills(two) + electricity and gas is every months... grin It's cray!!
LMAOOO grin grin
Shyte bills bills bills.
Remain strong bro tongue

2 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2013
adaobi123:
LMAOOO grin grin
Shyte

Just stay in your parent's house as long as you can... It's expensive on these cold streets... grin

I didn't even add car insurance, petrol, and road tax to that...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (157) (Reply)

Millions Of Locusts Attack India, Residential Areas Turning Sky Black (Photos) / "It Means I Won" - Trump Reacts To Georgian Governor's Tweet / Two Kenyan Government Staff In Sex Act. Photo Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.