Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? (32487 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Xenophobia: South Africa Vs One Nigeria.[photo][viewer discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MEILYN(m): 9:17am On Apr 06, 2013
PetroDollaz: can u imagine! ur oga @ d top was on an SA programme n dat's a confirmation nig is more influential?lol
dats influence if u dnt mind......
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PetroDollaz: 9:21am On Apr 06, 2013
[quote author=MEILYN]End of discussion Nigeria is more influential.I heard 'My Oga at the top'.Nigerian pidgin English is being spoken in China,Ghana,Cameroon E.t.c.NIGERIAN PIDGIN IN GHANA?LOL EACH WEST AFRICAN STATE HAS A DISTINCT PIDGIN ENGLISH.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MEILYN(m): 9:25am On Apr 06, 2013
[quote author=PetroDollaz][/quote]
go figure.....i hate arguments, if u check Ghanian pidgin u will find alot of tins gotten 4rm d Nigeria Pidgin
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PetroDollaz: 9:29am On Apr 06, 2013
MEILYN:
dats influence if u dnt mind.
yes, it's influence,but d other way round. u see ur oga @ top was looking 4 a platform 2 get his message 2 a bigger audience.dat's why he was on an SA program.why didn't he go 2 nta or ait?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MEILYN(m): 9:35am On Apr 06, 2013
PetroDollaz: yes, it's influence,but d other way round. u see ur oga @ top was looking 4 a platform 2 get his message 2 a bigger audience.dat's why he was on an SA program.why didn't he go 2 nta or ait?
i dont get u oooo? If u understood wat i meant by 'My Oga @ D Top' u wont be saying dis. D presenter of d show said 'My Oga @ D Top' which is a popular phrase in naija
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PetroDollaz: 9:38am On Apr 06, 2013
MEILYN:
go figure.....i hate arguments,if u check Ghanian pidgin u will find alot of tins gotten 4rm d Nigeria Pidgin
deal with ur sense of delusion 1st.do u know pidgin has long been spoken in Ghana even b4 nigeria was created?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PetroDollaz: 9:42am On Apr 06, 2013
MEILYN: by 'My Oga @ D Top' u wont be saying dis. D presenter of d show said 'My Oga @ D Top' which is a popular phrase in naija
and dont u tink d fact that u r watchin sa tv,n not naija tv a confirmation of the SA influence?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 06, 2013
PetroDollaz: deal with ur sense of delusion 1st.do u know pidgin has long been spoken in Ghana even b4 nigeria was created?

Why? Because Ghana got independence 3 yrs b4 Nig?

FYI, Nigeria has being existing since 1914......go figure!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PetroDollaz: 9:55am On Apr 06, 2013
django1: Why? Because Ghana got independence 3 yrs b4 Nig?FYI,Nigeria has being existing since 1914.go figure!
nig has been existing since 1914, when dat oyibo woman coined d name nigeria.do u know d history of pidgin in w.africa?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 06, 2013
PetroDollaz: nig has been existing since 1914, when dat oyibo woman coined d name nigeria.do u know d history of pidgin in w.africa?

Unless if the english colonize ghana hundred years before Nig, am guessing pidgin came 2 all of us the same way!

That is however besides the point, if a ghanaian today is using the slangs like 'my OGA', 'NNA bros' or sorts you should know those words in caps originate from Nig. And that is influnce! Catch my drift?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PetroDollaz: 10:29am On Apr 06, 2013
[quote author=django1] I LIVE HERE IN GHANA SO LET ME TELL U WHAT I KNOW.I'VE HEARD A FEW GHANAIANS PLAYFULLY CALL THEIR NIGERIAN FRIENDS OGA,BUT HAVEN'T HEARD GHANAIANS CALL EACH OTHER OGA ETC.SOME NIGERIAN FRIENDS ALSO CALL ME NANA ETC.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MEILYN(m): 10:34am On Apr 06, 2013
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MEILYN(m): 10:35am On Apr 06, 2013
[quote author=PetroDollaz][/quote]
u lie.....do u watch Ghanian films?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by kolamilan(m): 6:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
souldust: @toskarity i think you are misinformed about issues in Nigeria. Contrary to your view, most nigerians have food to eat. You probably based your point on the idea that we all live below a dolar per day. But let me let you know that in the urban centres, fewer people live below a dollar per day and in rural areas, one dollar can buy you three sqaure meals.

If we are that poor as you have claimed, why then are consumer companies making more profit here in Naija than in any other country? Dont tell me it is our population. Becos population doesnt buy comodities. It is money we use to secure goods and services

so if companies are making more profit here in Naija, then it is becos we have more people who can afford those comodities than anywhere else on the continent.
nyc one
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by ikeyman00(m): 1:47pm On Apr 08, 2013
@@@
olasquare: 11:24pm On Apr 05

Reading through most post...it's just funny hw u get to c hw some pple think. I think am begining to c through this thread the truth in psychological field that link pple thinking,&word to their IQ. Some pple needs to consult their dic. To learn the meaning of words,&need to av the topic explained to them..to dis set of pple I will like to tell them they shld know they re not the only one in 9ja feeling d effect of the weak naira or poor economy. With that said, with d present structure of the EUROPEAN UNION; we all know that the UNITED KINGDOM economy is larger&advancely developed than that of FRANCE,& d POUNDS commands greater value than d CFA:but with dis disparity & gap; does d UK has more influence than d FRANCH in d european union? For those that talks bout international politics they know almost to nothing bout.. D question of ibfluence has to do with ur political strength around d issues of d continent. D politics are beyond money.. Funny enough d SA is only playing d game of hype & image boosting by making sure they throw up media confrontations as this so as to package there external political outlook.. There foreign policy office,&international diplomats knows off d shutters & d flash ligths they need to come to there senses. 9ja is not just giant bcoz of our nos.. Our foreign policy is strongest in Africa..someone talked bout d bakassi issue &talked fools that if 9ja is more influential they shld not av let d region off. It shows dat person schooling- shld ur elder broda alwayz say bcoz he is ur senior,&stronger,bcoz of this each time u want to share meat with him remove 2of ur teeth to tell u hw he can influence d sharing formular?

dnt let 3 lioners owner catch u shocked
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by walexlugas08(m): 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
Honestly,it shows that those comment on the both side of economy and miltary influence of both country spoke well,but the writer has enlightened and made it aprehendly for everybody to contribute their different thoughts and opinions on the topic, to be candid,nigeria is more influential thanS/A in the continent,: (1),couple of months ago,nigeria army was sent to U.S. for assisting them to decimate their enemies,(2),it take some years that nigeria use to sponsor and support Ghana in term of provision for electricity for their citizens,(3)during the govt and political saga in Zambia,OBJ govt,itervened and settled the crises amicably,to mention but a few,without mince the world,Nigeira is more influenced than either S/A,or any other african countries, in terms of influential,even globally,but to some extent, on the other hand,:economically,infrastructurally,to mention but a few,S/A is more developed than Nigeria!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by lawani: 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2019
EzePromoe:

You must be high on tea.
Hausa language on its own has influence many minority languages in Middle Belt, Nigeria, Northern Cameroon, Niger Republic, Northern Mali, Burkina Faso etc. Same for Yoruba but not on minorities but has been able to transport its culture to Togo, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Benin etc.
Igbos do theirs through what you see in Nollywood.
Go to East Africa today, most of them refer Nigerians to as, "the Chukwus".
Even Ekoi, a minority has influenced Southern Cameroon.
NIGERIA IS JUST TOO MUCH FOR A NATION! Ask U.S.A why they want Nigeria's split.

The USA want Nigeria split because they know that is what is best for the country

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Lady Cherry Igbinedion Celebrates Her 65th Birthday In London (Photos) / Ibrahim Idris Accused Of Looting And Sexual Relationship With Subordinates / #LagosAPCPrimary: Ambode Gets 4 Votes, Sanwo-Olu 960 At Tinubu's Ward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.