Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,252 members, 7,807,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

NERC Recruitment: What's the update? - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NERC Recruitment: What's the update? (204994 Views)

Nigerdock Recruitment: What is the Latest? / NNPC RECRUITMENT. What Happens Now? / NERC Massive Recruitment 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ Furrylaw & brosiye99...Thank u very much for the updates. Pls i urge us all to keep the house updated as soon as things happen. Let us all keep the faith, workhard & pray 2 God 2 c us thru.
Furryflow i think the fact that results were not good should not bother us, i mean this is a Fed Govt commission recruitment & u knw dat fed character applies in the process of selection which means dat each state wil hav a representativ wit d highest scorer in each state gettin d chance. U dont hav 2 score a pass mark of 70, 80 or 90% 2 get a chance rather all u need 2 do is 2 score d highest mark in ur state 10, 20 or 30 dependin on general performance of candidates in a particular state as long as u r d highest & u r thru, it is not the sch typ exam where u need to score 40 or 50% in some cases 2 pass. U could score 75% & yet not gettin d chance if others score 76% & above. So to me (PERSONALY), i think saying general results is not good is same to results very good, i mean d chances r d same. However, this is jst my opinion. I'm not intimidatin anybody rather comforting all & givin hop to hopefulls. I pray God c us all thru
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by seyi42k(m): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
GMB4REAL: @ Furrylaw & brosiye99...Thank u very much for the updates. Pls i urge us all to keep the house updated as soon as things happen. Let us all keep the faith, workhard & pray 2 God 2 c us thru.
Furryflow i think the fact that results were not good should not bother us, i mean this is a Fed Govt commission recruitment & u knw dat fed character applies in the process of selection which means dat each state wil hav a representativ wit d highest scorer in each state gettin d chance. U dont hav 2 score a pass mark of 70, 80 or 90% 2 get a chance rather all u need 2 do is 2 score d highest mark in ur state 10, 20 or 30 dependin on general performance of candidates in a particular state as long as u r d highest & u r thru, it is not the sch typ exam where u need to score 40 or 50% in some cases 2 pass. U could score 75% & yet not gettin d chance if others score 76% & above. So to me (PERSONALY), i think saying general results is not good is same to results very good, i mean d chances r d same. However, this is jst my opinion. I'm not intimidatin anybody rather comforting all & givin hop to hopefulls. I pray God c us all thru

I disagree,

One thing you did not consider are the results from the Zonal test. If NERC 'decides' that the test score does not meet its standard (very unlikely as this is Nigeria), it might decide to cull candidates from the Zonal applicants to the Head Office (though also unlikely).

Therefore, if the result of the HO test is generally poor and that of the Zonal test is good (I believe it was), who is to say the the chances of the HO applicants will not be hampered.

Kindly note that this is a conjecture and is therefore my opinion, not fact. The lesson is that we should always strive to do well at any time, after all anything worth doing at all is worth doing well.

2 Likes

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
seyi42k:
I disagree,
One thing you did not consider are the results from the Zonal test. If NERC 'decides' that the test score does not meet its standard (very unlikely as this is Nigeria), it might decide to cull candidates from the Zonal applicants to the Head Office (though also unlikely).
Therefore, if the result of the HO test is generally poor and that of the Zonal test is good (I believe it was), who is to say the the chances of the HO applicants will not be hampered.
Kindly note that this is a conjecture and is therefore my opinion, not fact. The lesson is that we should always strive to do well at any time, after all anything worth doing at all is worth doing well.
I dont know about the results of the zonal, i am only commentin about the HQ results on which updates were provided. I DON'T think no matter how not good the results of the HQ test were that NERC might decide to call candidates from the Zonal applicants, NO NO NO, they are 2 different things with different positions & different number of slots. Should that happen as u said, wat about thousands of ppl dat wrote the HQ test, wat about the investment NERC put up to this stage? wat about the time it took up til now? Results wether good or not vacancies exist for both zonal & HQ & wil b filled. U even said it is unlikely so i dont see that happenin at all. Besides the test is just a test & outcom of a test or exam dosent necessarily describes the capability of the individual in most cases. Wat i said in my post is wat i know some govt organizations do in recruitin PTDF is an e.g. I am not discouragin ppl not to put their best NO, iam only trying to explain if a certain situation coms wat is to be done. Afterall wetin b our own? no matter wat d results r, we all here hav common goal & i pray 2 God 2 c us all thru.

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
seyi42k:
I disagree,

You r like a soothsayer bros....unconfirmed info is that some zonal candidates where picked for hq posts while other interviews where conducted earlier this month to fill some spaces at the zonal posts...anyhow like I said unconfirmed though I knw some ppl who went for interviews this month
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Miranda11: 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
buchio7:
You r like a soothsayer bros....unconfirmed info is that some zonal candidates where picked for hq posts while other interviews where conducted earlier this month to fill some spaces at the zonal posts...anyhow like I said unconfirmed though I knw some ppl who went for interviews this month

Please Buchio, these people that went for interviews this month, were these interviews for zonal or hq positions? Also do you know if they were for management or non-managent positions? Any info will be help full.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 7:23am On Jul 27, 2014
Hello Guys, any update?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 4:46am On Aug 01, 2014
GMB4REAL: Hello Guys, any update?

Any update on HQ managerial position's
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 6:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
kunleezra:
Any update on HQ managerial position's
No any update oo as far as i'm concerned. Guys pls any updates? Kindly share, God bless u ol
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
GMB4REAL:
No any update oo as far as i'm concerned. Guys pls any updates? Kindly share, God bless u ol

My brother there is still no updates as to d HQ positions...
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by seyi42k(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
buchio7:
My brother there is still no updates as to d HQ positions...

Bro, what of the Zonal recruitment o, any info?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
seyi42k:
Bro, what of the Zonal recruitment o, any info?

So far no news
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Miranda11: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
I recently sent an email to Restral asking abt info on HQ management positions and they said they have not received any updates that as soon as they do they will let candidates know.

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Furrylow: 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
HQ Vacancy. Jst found out that Restral has submitted all results of the aptitude test to NERC HQ(dont know when), results were generally VERY POOR (using my source's language). Have it on good authority that a lot scored well below 50%, some as low as 15 -20%. Dont hav any idea wat their nxt line of actn could be, will continue sniffin around for more info. Thot I shld share. Keep the faith. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by dano123: 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Furrylow: HQ Vacancy. Jst found out that Restral has submitted all results of the aptitude test to NERC HQ(dont know when), results were generally VERY POOR (using my source's language). Have it on good authority that a lot scored well below 50%, some as low as 15 -20%. Dont hav any idea wat their nxt line of actn could be, will continue sniffin around for more info. Thot I shld share. Keep the faith. Cheers.

pls @ furrylow, help us find more about the zonal recruitment from your source. We are anxiously waiting.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Furrylow: 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
@dano123, will do my best. Might take some time thou.cheers
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by dano123: 11:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
Furrylow: @dano123, will do my best. Might take some time thou.cheers

Thanks
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Miranda11: 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
Furrylow: HQ Vacancy. Jst found out that Restral has submitted all results of the aptitude test to NERC HQ(dont know when), results were generally VERY POOR (using my source's language). Have it on good authority that a lot scored well below 50%, some as low as 15 -20%. Dont hav any idea wat their nxt line of actn could be, will continue sniffin around for more info. Thot I shld share. Keep the faith. Cheers.

Hi Furrylow when you say HQ positions does this mean both Analyst and Management positions or either?

Pls cld you kindly find out from your source when the interviews will be. Thanks
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
@furrylow: you are correct. The results were submitted at end of june or early july. the results were generally very bad as i heard from my source. however, he said he doesnt know what steps to come next but i know NERC has to conclude this recruitment no matter how long it takes. Probably, they would have to lower the cut off marks and consider those who scored above 50%. The tests were not so easy as i recall. very very technical and this explains the poor performance

2 Likes

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Furrylow: 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
@miranda, seems d results didnt come at once. I made an earlier post for results of analyst which were poor as well. Its for all advertised positions, results generally poor. Lets c how it goes. Cheers
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
I wonder why a recruitment process takes too long to conclude in this country. It's been almost 2 years now since the Zonal office application started & after that period, ppl are still waiting. I pray 4 members that came all the way 2 this level 2 hav smiles in the end & 4 those 4 the HQ positions as well. The house has been quite 4 some time. Any latest news pls?

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by oluwajuwon29(m): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
sorry for diverting but pls do anyone receive test mail
from doreo partners?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by qtx(m): 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2014
Any update yet guys?

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 8:50am On Aug 23, 2014
Any update concern HQ positions wink
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hellooooo,
Any body home? Hop every 1's doing fyn, the house has been quite, whats happening? Anybody with any info PLEASE?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by 9jaLaw(m): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2014
This is the position of things now for the HQ recruitment. According to a NERC Commissioner, NERC held a meeting some weeks back and agreed that cut off mark will be 50, unfortunately I made 40 percent sad, the highest score for the position I applied is 52. I wish all best of luck!!!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by u3fine(m): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2014
9jaLaw: This is the position of things now for the HQ recruitment. According to a NERC Commissioner, NERC held a meeting some weeks back and agreed that cut off mark will be 50, unfortunately I made 40 percent sad, the highest score for the position I applied is 52. I wish all best of luck!!!
Which position did you applied for?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by brosiye99(m): 11:36am On Aug 27, 2014
50% cut off is fair enough. I think also to fulfill and reflect federal character in the process, even the cut off mark may be reduced to accommodate candidates from states that don't have representation. Please lets keep the info flowing.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
@9jaLaw, tnx 4 d info. Dont kill d hop, keep it alive & always pray, u'll neva know. U cud get through even when it appears very difficult. I go wit brosiye99's opinion. Gudluck 2 every 1
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
Abeg ppl do u have updates on d zonal recruitment ? 9njalaw any info pls?

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Miranda11: 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
9jaLaw: This is the position of things now for the HQ recruitment. According to a NERC Commissioner, NERC held a meeting some weeks back and agreed that cut off mark will be 50, unfortunately I made 40 percent sad, the highest score for the position I applied is 52. I wish all best of luck!!!

9jalaw thanks for the impt update. Pls how does one find out their test score and the highest score for the position applied for or must you know someone in Nerc or Restral to get the info?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
Pls hw can someone know his/her test score any position,Thanks all for update
Miranda11:

9jalaw thanks for the impt update. Pls how does one find out their test score and the highest score for the position applied for or must you know someone in Nerc or Restral to get the info?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (30) (Reply)

Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Currently Recruiting / Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 / Nigerian Navy Recruiting Graduates!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.