Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

NERC Recruitment: What's the update? - Jobs/Vacancies (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NERC Recruitment: What's the update? (204991 Views)

Nigerdock Recruitment: What is the Latest? / NNPC RECRUITMENT. What Happens Now? / NERC Massive Recruitment 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 6:05am On Oct 29, 2014
I had my interview yesterday evening. Questions were asked on candidate's past experience with respect to the job applied for and also some general questions like tell me about yourself, how can u deliver on the job e.t.c Good luck interviewees
Pls any body with idea like how many people will get employed for each position, 1, 2, 3 e.t.c Jst weighing up chances, responses will be appreciated. Thank u & all d best
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Krazi(m): 7:28am On Oct 30, 2014
GMB4REAL:
I had my interview yesterday evening. Questions were asked on candidate's past experience with respect to the job applied for and also some general questions like tell me about yourself, how can u deliver on the job e.t.c Good luck interviewees
Pls any body with idea like how many people will get employed for each position, 1, 2, 3 e.t.c Jst weighing up chances, responses will be appreciated. Thank u & all d best
Bro, thanks for you info. I was also scheduled to have my interview on the 28th of November, but i missed it. I wanted to inquire, whether there is another set of invitees for the position of Analyst, Civil Standards, and if i can reschedule or do my interview at a later date. Do you know, if there will be another interview for the position?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Krazi(m): 7:36am On Oct 30, 2014
Armistad:

Unfortunately, i missed the interview cos i had a training in Abuja. It was rescheduled but i couldn't make it on that day as well. sad

Bro, You said that you missed your interview, and you were able to rescheduled it again, pls, can you assist me on how you were able to do that. I was scheduled to write on the 28th of Nov, but i missed it, and would like to reschedule for a later time, i could welcome any bright ideas. (I have already called and sent a mail to Chioma (the lady that sent the invites), but she had said that it wasn't possible, but I still need to try anything that can be possible.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by opuama(f): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2014
R
Krazi:

Bro, You said that you missed your interview, and you were able to rescheduled it again, pls, can you assist me on how you were able to do that. I was scheduled to write on the 28th of Nov, but i missed it, and would like to reschedule for a later time, i could welcome any bright ideas. (I have already called and sent a mail to Chioma (the lady that sent the invites), but she had said that it wasn't possible, but I still need to try anything that can be possible.
call restral on nos provided in d mail they sent u
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Krazi(m): 7:26am On Oct 31, 2014
I've done that already, and there was no positive response
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Mhudi: 11:27am On Oct 31, 2014
Krazi:

Bro, thanks for you info. I was also scheduled to have my interview on the 28th of November, but i missed it. I wanted to inquire, whether there is another set of invitees for the position of Analyst, Civil Standards, and if i can reschedule or do my interview at a later date. Do you know, if there will be another interview for the position?

I don't understand you missed your interview on the "28th November". Are we already in the month of November? Or, perhaps we are both in different worlds, since today's date here is 31st October, 2014, which is 28 days to 28th November, 2014.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Armistad: 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
I went to their office and pleaded.
Krazi:

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
People any update on d zonal recruitment?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 5:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
I want to appreciate those that has been participating in this forum.This forum has been wonderful to me .Thanks and God bless.My question-When will this exercise come to an end( interview).This year or coming year.Thanks
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by GMB4REAL: 9:44am On Nov 02, 2014
@ Krazi inbox me on abkali247@gmail.com.

@ Furrylow & Nanamee i wud lyk 2 talk 2 u guys, kindly inbox me on the above mail. Tnk u
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by ajiwemuna(m): 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
Any news on interview for the post of Analyst, Content Development. cos all have been hearing on this forum is only I.T Analyst
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by u3fine(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2014
Please any one invited for interview for Analyst-Office of the Chairman?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
Pls any news on d zonal recruitment?

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by naanamee: 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
In line with d House's policy on informing d house after interview what transpired. I had my interview this afternoon for Assistant manager enforcement, questions were asked from different angles, job roles, structure of the Power industry, past experience highlight as it affects your job role, how to measure KPI for your job role, drafting process of a legislation and the intention of setting bulk electricity trading co. These are the ones I could remember. The interview was Ok, they were testing one's general knowledge on the industry, level of confidence and ability to express yourself effectively and efficiently.. above all, we give God the glory and pray for his guidance on the outcome, thank you...

3 Likes

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by ajiwemuna(m): 8:55am On Nov 05, 2014
naanamee:
In line with d House's policy on informing d house after interview what transpired. I had my interview this afternoon for Assistant manager enforcement, questions were asked from different angles, job roles, structure of the Power industry, past experience highlight as it affects your job role, how to measure KPI for your job role, drafting process of a legislation and the intention of setting bulk electricity trading co. These are the ones I could remember. The interview was Ok, they were testing one's general knowledge on the industry, level of confidence and ability to express yourself effectively and efficiently.. above all, we give God the glory and pray for his guidance on the outcome, thank you...

wish you the best pal.....as we keep waiting and praying to God for our own

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by opuama(f): 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
buchio7:
Pls any news on d zonal recruitment?

Haven't heard anything! Incase u hear any info pls don't hesitate to pass it on.
Tanx
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by akeenade: 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
naanamee:
@ furrylow, I believe you are correct, I also got that info when I wanted to fill d candidate information sheet 4 d interview, didn't wanna do that blindly.. quote too less as Expected remuneration, it's a wahala, quote too high is anoda wahala..
On another note to share with the House, some1 high up there in NERC was credited with d statement that this whole recruitment exercise will be concluded by December 2014, that atleast that's their target depending on completion of their permanent head office and that, that's what's holding up the release of d zonal recruitment, they want them released together, so pls is there anyone to confirm/corroborate this info?

The interviews are running into mid November and some even as far as late November, remember that Restral is only just short listing (Re feral) candidates they assume will be qualified for the jobs. I believe NERC will be responsible for the final selection. If my view point is accurate, then a December conclusion seems unlikely.

Also, government usually takes it time with things like this. all other Federal Parastatals and Commissions equally take almost a year or more to conclude recruitment exercises.

I am also speculating the fort coming general elections may possibly stall this process a bit. Am not certain about any of the arguments I have suggested but my thoughts only. Please any confirmation that they will conclude by December?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
akeenade:

The interviews are running into mid November and some even as far as late November, remember that Restral is only just short listing (Re feral) candidates they assume will be qualified for the jobs. I believe NERC will be responsible for the final selection. If my view point is accurate, then a December conclusion seems unlikely.
Also, government usually takes it time with things like this. all other Federal Parastatals and Commissions equally take almost a year or more to conclude recruitment exercises.
I am also speculating the fort coming general elections may possibly stall this process a bit. Am not certain about any of the arguments I have suggested but my thoughts only. Please any confirmation that they will conclude by December?

Brother based on dis your arguement that means we dat are for the zonal posts will be waiting for close to 3 yrs to conclude our own process..

Anyways... It is well
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by dano123: 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
buchio7:

Brother based on dis your arguement that means we dat are for the zonal posts will be waiting for close to 3 yrs to conclude our own process..
Anyways... It is well

bros, we need to pray hard for dis process to be concluded. The zonal candidates had their interview with restral in october 2013 and NERC interview in may, 2014. I doubt if restral can submit d list of succesful candidates before December and subsequent interview be call and concluded that same month. It is well and shall ever be well.

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by akeenade: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
dano123:

bros, we need to pray hard for dis process to be concluded. The zonal candidates had their interview with restral in october 2013 and NERC interview in may, 2014. I doubt if restral can submit d list of succesful candidates before December and subsequent interview be call and concluded that same month. It is well and shall ever be well.

Well, I got some possible great indications that the suggested time frame conclusion may actually be accurate. Also, it most likely will be concluded before the general elections. May it be so o.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Gorimakpa(m): 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
Does anyone know how many candidates were invited by Restral for the NERC HQ interview - for each position as well as the total jumber of invitees? It would be nice to fancy one's chances.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Furrylow: 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
@Gorimakpa, was told top 5 in every position were invited 4 d interview, in my case we r 4. Only one sucessful candidate for each position will eventually be given the job. We'll see how it goes. Cheers
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Gorimakpa(m): 8:24am On Nov 08, 2014
Furrylow:
@Gorimakpa, was told top 5 in every position were invited 4 d interview, in my case we r 4. Only one sucessful candidate for each position will eventually be given the job. We'll see how it goes. Cheers

Thanks my brother. That's a manageable number. May God help us; been out in the cold for too long.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Yusufi(m): 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
I had my interview yesterday. Generally, it went very well. My prayer is for the credible completion of the recruitment exercise.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by dano123: 9:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
Yusufi:
I had my interview yesterday. Generally, it went very well. My prayer is for the credible completion of the recruitment exercise.

Oga yusufi, u went off air. Quite a long time. I thought u also did the interview for the zonal. Please what is d latest concerning dat?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Yusufi(m): 10:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
dano123:

Oga yusufi, u went off air. Quite a long time. I thought u also did the interview for the zonal. Please what is d latest concerning dat?

Yes I did. As far as the zonal recruitment is concerned, credible info isn't forth-coming but it is hoped that it will soon be brought to a logical conclusion
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Gorimakpa(m): 8:02am On Nov 10, 2014
Yusufi:

Amen o. Meanwhile, can you shed some light on the composition of the interview panel - how many interviewers etc.?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Yusufi(m): 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
Gorimakpa:

Amen o. Meanwhile, can you shed some light on the composition of the interview panel - how many interviewers etc.?

In summary, had a panel of 3 persons & questions were tailored to assess depth of technical proficiency, communication & interpersonal skills, & process know-how. Be ready to sell yourself in a way that would leave the panelist completely convinced of your capabilities. No room for slacking. They would come at you like sharks would come for food upon perceiving the smell of blood. Just know your onions, be calm & confident & you will prevail.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by kunleezra: 6:01am On Nov 19, 2014
When will this exercise come to an end( interview)

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Jbzzyy: 10:52am On Nov 19, 2014
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
Jbzzyy:
I know 3people who have started work in NERC HQ in October. It is well.

Bros dese ppl wey start work na through the zonal or hq process?.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply)

Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Currently Recruiting / Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 / Nigerian Navy Recruiting Graduates!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.