Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa (11026 Views)

VIDEO: Nigerians Spending Millions On Property In LONDON!!! WOW! / How To Get Landed Property In Nigeria Without Risk / Uk Visa - Fresh & Renewal (100% Guarantee) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by oolumide: 10:49am On Apr 04, 2013
Fellow nairalanders I have always wanted free entry and stay in US. Recently a senior colleague told me that if I purchase a property in US I will get ten year stay. Pls how true is this?
Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by ifegy: 2:38am On Apr 06, 2013
oolumide: Fellow nairalanders I have always wanted free entry and stay in US. Recently a senior colleague told me that if I purchase a property in US I will get ten year stay. Pls how true is this?

It is not true
Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by optimusprime2(m): 5:13am On Apr 06, 2013
oolumide: Fellow nairalanders I have always wanted free entry and stay in US. Recently a senior colleague told me that if I purchase a property in US I will get ten year stay. Pls how true is this?
Yes! That Senior Colleague of yours was Right, but it depends on the State in the US and how much the property is Valued at.
You see, different States in the US have their own peculiar laws that pertain to Aliens/Foreigners, for example if a Foreigner Bought a House at Beverly Hills CA, Valued at 500,000$ that Foreigner is to be issued residency by the State and if the Foreigner has an immediate Family, they will be issued Greencards as well. This same law is applicable in Florida and Arizona.
It might also interest you to know that in some states like Utah, if a Foreigner invests over 500,000$ in an American Business that provides more than 10jobs to American citizens, that Foreigner is also given Residency too...
the only downside... 500,000$ is'nt Childs play- America aint Stupid, if a foreigner is rich and can contribute money to thier Economy, of course they'll give him a greencard, bottom Line America welcomes Rich folks-lol.

2 Likes

Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by Lucasbalo(m): 9:38am On Apr 07, 2013
optimus-prime1:

Yes! That Senior Colleague of yours was Right, but it depends on the State in the US and how much the property is Valued at.
You see, different States in the US have their own peculiar laws that pertain to Aliens/Foreigners, for example if a Foreigner Bought a House at Beverly Hills CA, Valued at 500,000$ that Foreigner is to be issued residency by the State and if the Foreigner has an immediate Family, they will be issued Greencards as well. This same law is applicable in Florida and Arizona.
It might also interest you to know that in some states like Utah, if a Foreigner invests over 500,000$ in an American Business that provides more than 10jobs to American citizens, that Foreigner is also given Residency too...
the only downside... 500,000$ is'nt Childs play- America aint Stupid, if a foreigner is rich and can contribute money to thier Economy, of course they'll give him a greencard, bottom Line America welcomes Rich folks-lol.
your answer is wrong. Purchasing properties in U S has nothing to do with getting green card. Stop misleading people. Moreover, each state doesn't have individual immigration law. Immigration law is unique to the U S govt. alone.

2 Likes

Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by joxiri: 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2013
Can an informed persdon shed some light on this cos I am pretty sure, if u invest a certain amount of money in america u can get residency
I defo know if u invest a million pounds into the uk, u qualify for residency
Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by geek(m): 1:05pm On Apr 07, 2013
joxiri:
Can an informed persdon shed some light on this cos I am pretty sure, if u invest a certain amount of money in america u can get residency
I defo know if u invest a million pounds into the uk, u qualify for residency

A maximum of 10,000 green-cards are issued each year for investor-entrepreneurs. This means employment-generating businesses - not home or property ownership.

To qualify, a minimum investment of $500,000 is required in a high unemployment area, which will result in ten full-time permanent jobs being provided to American citizens. You obviously also need to factor in the costs of funding the day to day running of the business until it becomes cash positive, as well as taking into account the mandatory costs of employment.

The visa comes with very strict conditions - basically if the business doesn't succeed, they're able to revoke your residency.
Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by optimusprime2(m): 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
geek:

A maximum of 10,000 green-cards are issued each year for investor-entrepreneurs. This means employment-generating businesses - not home or property ownership.

To qualify, a minimum investment of $500,000 is required in a high unemployment area, which will result in ten full-time permanent jobs being provided to American citizens. You obviously also need to factor in the costs of funding the day to day running of the business until it becomes cash positive, as well as taking into account the mandatory costs of employment.

The visa comes with very strict conditions - basically if the business doesn't succeed, they're able to revoke your residency.
Exactly what I was trying to say...
Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by optimusprime2(m): 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2013
Lucasbalo: your answer is wrong. Purchasing properties in U S has nothing to do with getting green card. Stop misleading people. Moreover, each state doesn't have individual immigration law. Immigration law is unique to the U S govt. alone.
Bro, The best way to get Illuminated is to listen to people who are obviously more informed than you & learn ok?
Dont go off sounding like a Charlatan.
www.usapropertydealer.com/Tax_law-htm
enlighten thyself with the link.
Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by chatterly: 6:08pm On May 02, 2013
there is something called an EB5 visa which is issued to people who invest $1m into the us economy or $500k in a deprived area.Some immigration lawyers have a product in which the 500k is invested in property developments e.g hotels,malls in these deprived areas and this is used to obtain a green card for an initial 2 year period after which it is extended to ultimately get a passport.A simple google search willprovide all the info needed

1 Like

Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by Lucasbalo(m): 7:37am On May 04, 2013
optimus-prime1:

This is 100% false.

1 Like

Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by Lucasbalo(m): 7:41am On May 04, 2013
optimus-prime1:

Bro, The best way to get Illuminated is to listen to people who are obviously more informed than you & learn ok?
Dont go off sounding like a Charlatan.
www.usapropertydealer.com/Tax_law-htm
enlighten thyself with the link.
stop passing around wrong information.
Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by optimusprime2(m): 1:16pm On May 04, 2013
Lucasbalo: stop passing around wrong information.
since its false, Defend your grounds... I am waiting "Uncle Sam"
Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by julioralph(m): 10:37pm On May 04, 2013
I only know of Canada.
Invest 250k or thereabouts and free entry and exit at will.
Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by geek(m): 7:37am On May 05, 2013
julioralph: I only know of Canada.
Invest 250k or thereabouts and free entry and exit at will.

Not at all correct.

The Canadian government have ended both the immigrant investor, as well as the federal entrepreneur program's. They've been replaced with a complicated 'start up' visa that requires participation of a Canadian partner.
Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by berry5: 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2018
Hello,

While in america, you can invest here and start making a good daily living incomes money from this great legit website company http://www.virtatrade.com/index.php where you can make big source of incomes from the comfort of your home without trading risk.

This how this company work, You buy your virta stock from this modern company at the current market price and sell when the price value of a virta stock rise up to make your instant profit with them.

This modern company does not involve risk trading where traders need to trade with either to loss or gain.

All you do is to sell your virta stock and make your instant profits.

I make good daily incomes from this company platform as my extra source of incomes to my bitcoin wallet. every day.

Visit and register with the company here http://www.virtatrade.com/index.php and test their trading platform with just one dollar to earn your first profit from their market to see how great their trading platform work.
Re: Does Purchase Of A Property In US Guarantee Automatic Visa by farastrongman: 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2018
This is absolutely true. There are various ways to be legal (GreenCard) in the US- family, job, Investment. Investment could either be setting up a business or owning a property valued at $500k but not Mortgage. I know a few people who did that...
optimusprime2:

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Begins Enforcement Of Motorcycle Restriction Law Of 2012 / Lagos-Ibadan Closure: LASTMA, FRSC Embark On Assessment of The Traffic Impact / Lagos Tops Mastercard's List Of Most Visited Cities In Sub-saharan Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.