Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. (2875 Views)

what a Bank did to me today / Skye Bank Takes Over Mainstreet Bank / Court Sends Skye Bank GMD To Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by Youngpo413: 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2013
A friend of mine went to their bank(skye) to withdraw money and he noticed that his account is almost empty,he was unable to recieve alerts ever since he lost the first sim registered with the bank and has tried to activate a new one but to no avail,so yesterday he noticed that out of (well, a reasonable amount of money)only N7,564 was remaining in his account,not only him sha other people still faced the same issue,and they were later told that 3 staffs are behind it,that one of them is arrested and the remaining two are on the run,that they should go and pray so that the police can arrest the remaining two,without that there is no way they will see their money except the government interverns and he said that he was given a plain sheet to write a complaint to the manager,daz all.
You can imagine that kind of a joke on people's hard earn money,is`nt it absurd?
Pls nairalanders is there anything he can do?
He is so sad since yesterday,pls kindly help him,cuz I havn`t heard of this kind of a thing before in my bank(union bank),all though there said it's old school,but am safe with them.
Thanks.

Mod,front page pls.
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by nikkyshyne(f): 12:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
Let him ask for a statement of account.
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by coldgate(f): 12:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
It is indeed sad. However, this kind of things are prevalent in the Banking Industry in Nigeria. It is just that it is never publicized. Who told the victim to go and pray? What has prayers got to do with money kept in a deposit money Bank? That is insured cash my friend. Every one of the victims will get their cash back whether or not the culprits are apprehended. Let them lay their complaints in writing addressed to the branch manager where the account is domicilled. They will have to follow up though by calling persistently. The affected persons should ensure they keep an acknowledgement copy of their complaint letters for future reference. Daz' all!
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by Youngpo413: 7:49am On Apr 05, 2013
I thank you all for you replies,I really appreciate.
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by mimima(f): 8:37am On Apr 05, 2013
How did it happen?This story is somehow.
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by Youngpo413: 10:49pm On Apr 07, 2013
mimima: How did it happen?This story is somehow.

It's not somehow,it's just exactly what I wrote,nothing more,nothing less,well,should I call it bad luck or what?
cuz for about 5yrs of my banking experience,I haven't seen or heard this kind of a thing before.
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by madejibo: 7:34am On Apr 08, 2013
nikkyshyne: Let him ask for a statement of account.
once it is a fraud committed by a staff it will definitely be in his bank statement, so bank statement isn't a proof that money wasn't stolen from his account.
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by Youngpo413: 10:00am On Apr 09, 2013
madejibo: once it is a fraud committed by a staff it will definitely be in his bank statement, so bank statement isn't a proof that money wasn't stolen from his account.

So there is hope him right?
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by Dreamflyin(m): 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sue the bank!!
It's sad our lawyers has nt realised how much money that can be made from all these companies.
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
Every depositors money is is guaranteed under the Act that establishes the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Company. So your friend should make necessary contacts to get his money refunded.
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by pat077: 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
@op. U dey take style advertise ur bank abi?
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by madejibo: 7:22am On Apr 11, 2013
Young po413:

So there is hope him right?
there is more than hope
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by yusuf01(m): 7:37am On Apr 11, 2013
Like someone said, the best thing is to ask for a statement of account, at least that gives a well documented transaction details on the account, after which he can begin to ask questions. I believe your guy is not one of those people that prefers not to do anything because 'it is destined to be that way', Let him ask questions and press charges if situation warrants it.

1 Like

Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by Laptopbiz(m): 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
Guys... This days nigeria bank these days are turning to pure technical thieves... If i will advice... The person who need rethink is your friend... They'r just waiting for him to get bored and keep hoping and "praying" as they said... If he is the "i take no shit type"... He would show them reloaded red eyes... And demand rest of his money... ASAP ... some nigerians wont hear that crib... Expecially those who went through hell to get such money... And you tell them to go pray? He better take it serious...
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by Youngpo413: 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2013
yusuf01: Like someone said, the best thing is to ask for a statement of account, at least that gives a well documented transaction details on the account, after which he can begin to ask questions. I believe your guy is not one of those people that prefers not to do anything because 'it is destined to be that way', Let him ask questions and press charges if situation warrants it.

they gave him his bank statement yesterday and I went through it,the thief withdrew one hundred thousand naira on march last year,another hundred thousand on MAY,then fifty on november,that is two hundred and fifty thousand naira gone just like that,people get mind oo.since they was no alert,and he doesnt use atm card,it was simple for them to steal his money.
I also discovered that the lady at the customer care service was behind all these,thank God she is arrested (or so they claimed)their tecnique was this: once you complained that you no longer receive alert on your phone,she and the other two cashiers will begin to steal your money.
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by Youngpo413: 1:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
I thank you my fellow nairalanders for showing your concern over this issue,I pray that the Almighty God in heaven will continue to bless you all in Jesus name.
Amen
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by Youngpo413: 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
Skye bank has paid all her money to the last kobo,when all hope was lost,God is so wonderful,thank you everybody.I love you all.
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by fowowe411: 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
I wonder when Nigerians will learn how to use the service of a lawyer.Seriously I feel disgusted when I read through the comments here and not one person can suggest to the OP to consult his lawyer.If you had sued,the said bank would have pay you your money without any stress.Btw am happy you got it back sha.
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by smithoo(m): 11:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
Guy demand for your money asap. If they refuse,send a lawyer to them. When a bank outsource sensitive desk with poor salary with the aim of cutting cost leads to maximum damage and service suicide. Such cases are on the increase now,only a few that get to the print and social media. Already they have lost you as a customer along with a few people you informed about the issue. Mention the bank here,other people with similar experience(s) or worst and they loss more customers. May God help us.
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by Youngpo413: 8:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
Thanks for your concern
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by akposking(m): 8:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
nikkyshyne: Let him ask for a statement of account.
Exactly..!!!
Re: What Skye Bank Did To My Friend. by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 31, 2015
Youngpo413:
A friend of mine went to their bank(skye) to withdraw money and he noticed that his account is almost empty,he was unable to recieve alerts ever since he lost the first sim registered with the bank and has tried to activate a new one but to no avail,so yesterday he noticed that out of (well, a reasonable amount of money)only N7,564 was remaining in his account,not only him sha other people still faced the same issue,and they were later told that 3 staffs are behind it,that one of them is arrested and the remaining two are on the run,that they should go and pray so that the police can arrest the remaining two,without that there is no way they will see their money except the government interverns and he said that he was given a plain sheet to write a complaint to the manager,daz all.
You can imagine that kind of a joke on people's hard earn money,is`nt it absurd?
Pls nairalanders is there anything he can do?
He is so sad since yesterday,pls kindly help him,cuz I havn`t heard of this kind of a thing before in my bank(union bank),all though there said it's old school,but am safe with them.
Thanks.

Mod,front page pls.

Of all the banks in Naija he chose Skye Bank abi?

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Paid For Goods In China Websites? / Clickbank And Bing Advert / How Do Those The Billon Coin Really Works (TBC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.