Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here (7336 Views)

How To Install Bbm On Tecno P3,n3 And Other Android 2.3 Ic / How To Use Greenify On Android 2.2 And Below / Upgrading From Android 2.2.1 (froyo) To 2.2.3 (ginjerbread), How Is It Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
Are you an Android User ?? Are you using any of the following Android version - Android 2.2 (Froyo), Android 2.3 (GingerBread), Android 3.0 (HoneyComb), Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or Android 4.1 (JellyBean) ??

Is your device manufaceturer listed below - HTC, Samsung, LG, Nexus, Sony Xperia, Motorola, Huawei, Micromax, Acer. Then get useful Info, Tips, Tricks and Help here about your Android Smartphone or Tablets, I am here to help - kindly drop your questions, enquiry and suggestions now.

Get more Android Tips and Tricks here - www.stevenbergy.com.ng
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by fixzylani: 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2013
How can I get upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Note 1 to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean?
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by W3xy1(m): 10:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
Tecno nko?
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by eudoh940(m): 10:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
grin guy u de vex to put tecno. Na wa 4 u o. Version 2.3.5
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by Edukpo: 8:04am On Apr 05, 2013
Pls,my guy I can not check my credit balance on my android 2 global motorola phone,2.3. Anytime I dial to check for my balance,it shows ussd code running,then completed. Pls,help me out,thanks...
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by jickson: 8:39am On Apr 05, 2013
how can I run java on ics?
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by niggaman(m): 9:06am On Apr 05, 2013
can u help load a new firmware on my Ainol Novo 7 Legend, the former just crashed.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 10:53am On Apr 05, 2013
fixzylani: How can I get upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Note 1 to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean?

I am sure your device model is Samsung GT N7000 not the Samsung Note 1 korean version, if so follow the tutorial here to upgrade to JB - www.ibtimes.com/android-412-jelly-bean-ublsf-official-firmware-update-samsung-galaxy-note-gt-n7000-how-install-it or www.android.sc/update-the-samsung-galaxy-note-n7000-to-android-4-1-2-ddlsc-jelly-bean-firmware/

hope this helps
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 10:56am On Apr 05, 2013
W3xy1: Tecno nko?

Which Techno ?? and what about the Techno Bro??
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 10:57am On Apr 05, 2013
Edukpo: Pls,my guy I can not check my credit balance on my android 2 global motorola phone,2.3. Anytime I dial to check for my balance,it shows ussd code running,then completed. Pls,help me out,thanks...

Which network is that ?? and when it says completed did it display any USSD code or not ??
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 11:00am On Apr 05, 2013
jickson: how can I run java on ics?

To run Java apps on IcS, search 'download Jbed.apk ' on google and download it or search for it directly on Google PlayStore then you can run Java
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 11:01am On Apr 05, 2013
niggaman: can u help load a new firmware on my Ainol Novo 7 Legend, the former just crashed.

which firmware are you using before and have you checked Xda Forum for newly developed fimwares ??
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by fixzylani: 2:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
Is it possible for u to help me upgrade my Galaxy Note 1. If yes? How can I meet u? Thanks
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 7:29pm On Apr 05, 2013
fixzylani: Is it possible for u to help me upgrade my Galaxy Note 1. If yes? How can I meet u? Thanks

i have upgraded and rooted many Android devices including HTC G2, MyTouch 3G Slide, HTC Touch Pro 2 and MyTouch 4G but i have never upgraded or root any Samsung device cuz i use HTC & focus mainly on HTC so i cant give you a 100% assurance that i will help you upgrade it... Where do you live anyway ??
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by Edukpo: 7:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
I use Glo network.After showing ussd code running,then the next thing u will see is MMI code compled. That is all. Pls,help me out...quote author=aywhy93]
Pls,I am still waiting...
Which network is that ?? and when it says completed did it display any USSD code or not ??[/quote]
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by fixzylani: 11:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
aywhy93:

i have upgraded and rooted many Android devices including HTC G2, MyTouch 3G Slide, HTC Touch Pro 2 and MyTouch 4G but i have never upgraded or root any Samsung device cuz i use HTC & focus mainly on HTC so i cant give you a 100% assurance that i will help you upgrade it... Where do you live anyway ??

I stay In Lagos!!!
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by Deblow: 12:05am On Apr 06, 2013
I have rooted my Samsung galaxy note 2 and each time I wanted to check for new update online directly from the device it tells me I can't check for updates again because the device has been modified. pls wat alternative ways are open for me to check for upgrade without leaving the phone?
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by bemagnify: 2:37am On Apr 06, 2013
MY PLAY STORE WON'T OPEN AGAIN ON MY SG3. .. ANY TYM I TRIED TO OPEN IT.... IT BRINGS ME BACK TO HOME PAGE... PLS HELP...
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by puskin: 3:06am On Apr 06, 2013
Deblow: I have rooted my Samsung galaxy note 2 and each time I wanted to check for new update online directly from the device it tells me I can't check for updates again because the device has been modified. pls wat alternative ways are open for me to check for upgrade without leaving the phone?

You can't update a rooted device via OTA.....and even if you download the offline update and update your phone, you will simply remove your root. You definitely don't want that or do you?? undecided undecided

If you had the stomach to root it, you should also have the stomach to experiment with some sweet and juicy custom ROMs.
Go to XDA forum, in the Note 11 device sub-section and make your pick of any ROM you see there.

Warning: make sure you read the posts so that it can give you an idea of which custom ROMs are stable.

1 Like

Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by shosky1794: 8:09am On Apr 06, 2013
Please i need help. I just rooted my Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos and I've installed link2SD to move apps to my SD cards. But i still the problem of insufficient space on my internal memory. I learnt that i have to partition my SD card then install a2sd & swapper to be able to increase the size of my internal memory.
Please i just help on the step by step process i will take increase the size of my internal memory(in plain language, please). I don't even know how to do the partitioning. I will appreciate an urgent help from you guys. Thank you.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by switchie(m): 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2013
what about tecno now,guy?
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by Edukpo: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2013
Edukpo: I use Glo network.After showing ussd code running,then the next thing u will see is MMI code compled. That is all. Pls,help me out...quote author=aywhy93]
Pls,I am still waiting o...
Which network is that ?? and when it says completed did it display any USSD code or not ??
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
Edukpo: I use Glo network.After showing ussd code running,then the next thing u will see is MMI code compled. That is all. Pls,help me out...quote author=aywhy93]
Pls,I am still waiting...

Okay, I dont know exactly why you are getting that error but maybe you should try MTN on it and change your network type to WCDMA or GLOBAL then retry, if it still persist... backup your files and reset the phone - this should finally solve the problem
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
bemagnify: MY PLAY STORE WON'T OPEN AGAIN ON MY SG3. .. ANY TYM I TRIED TO OPEN IT.... IT BRINGS ME BACK TO HOME PAGE... PLS HELP...
If your device is rooted that means you have to get the compatible playstore for your new firmware vrsion but if not, i think resetting will solve it.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 10:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
Deblow: I have rooted my Samsung galaxy note 2 and each time I wanted to check for new update online directly from the device it tells me I can't check for updates again because the device has been modified. pls wat alternative ways are open for me to check for upgrade without leaving the phone?

Puskin answered you, just visit XDA Forum at www.xdandroid.com and search for available ROMs using your Android version and device name..
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
shosky1794: Please i need help. I just rooted my Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos and I've installed link2SD to move apps to my SD cards. But i still the problem of insufficient space on my internal memory. I learnt that i have to partition my SD card then install a2sd & swapper to be able to increase the size of my internal memory.
Please i just help on the step by step process i will take increase the size of my internal memory(in plain language, please). I don't even know how to do the partitioning. I will appreciate an urgent help from you guys. Thank you.

Since you have rooted your device, you now have the ability to move your installed applications to your SD card thereby freeing your internal memory so what you have to do is go to PLAYSTORE and search for 'Move 2 SD', then you install it and open it... it will list all your applications giving you the option to move to SD, then move the ones you want to SD but note that not all applications work well when moved to SD. HOPE THIS HELPS
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
I will soon post an article here on how i use my Android phone to make free calls and how i make money with my Android's internet connection... Stay Tuned
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by Lekan155: 10:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
aywhy93: I will soon post an article here on how i use my Android phone to make free calls and how i make money with my Android's internet connection... Stay Tuned
Looking forward for it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by fixzylani: 2:13am On Apr 07, 2013
I need ur help badly. How can I contact you pls. Its urgent!
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by fixzylani: 2:20am On Apr 07, 2013
I tried to upgrade my phone OTA through wireless. It took a while but eventually updated. Later showed it was downloading some updates. After installation of these updates. It restarted but now won't leave the samsung logo at the start up. I tried to enter recovery mode but it won't enter. Am confused. I use the GT-N7000 (Note 1). I need ur help pls urgently.
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by bemagnify: 3:56am On Apr 07, 2013
aywhy93: If your device is rooted that means you have to get the compatible playstore for your new firmware vrsion but if not, i think resetting will solve it.
it is nt rooted.... hw can I reset it..... is it by pressing d power button for abt 5 seconds until d fon off and restart it self.... or simply restart d fone from d restart icon, if dats d case den av done it a million tyms...but d problem stil persist. ... pls help
Re: Android 2.2 And Above Users... Get Info, Tips, Tricks And Help Here by aywhy93(m): 4:15am On Apr 07, 2013
fixzylani: I tried to upgrade my phone OTA through wireless. It took a while but eventually updated. Later showed it was downloading some updates. After installation of these updates. It restarted but now won't leave the samsung logo at the start up. I tried to enter recovery mode but it won't enter. Am confused. I use the GT-N7000 (Note 1). I need ur help pls urgently.

Apart from the Samsung logo its not displaying, is there anything else wrong with it ?? if you are not okay with the new update that means you have to recover the phone provided that the recovery files are still intact but if not, go to www.xdandroid.com to search for newly developed custom ROMs instead.. Get back to me when you have seen a preferred custom ROM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Recommend A Good Long Lasting Ear Piece / Jar/jad Application To Convert Movies Avi And Other Formats Into 3gp / ***load N200 And Get N1000, Mtn Is @ It Again***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.