Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,570 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp (19343 Views)

Agbani Darego At Miss World Talent Show In China(photos) / Pictured: Agbani Darego Stuns As Ever As She Flashes Her Sexy Pins. / Tiwa Savage, Agbani Darego Attend Elohor Aisien's Baby Shower (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by aburo7: 5:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
For making Nigeria proud globally,former Miss World Agani Darego is the new face of #50 Nigeria Postal Stamp.
The new stamps will be on sale at all Nigerian Post offices very soon.
It would be recalled that Agbani Darego made Africa proud by been the first black to win the Miss World beauty pageant in 2001,hosted by South Africa.
Read more:http://www.toniaodili.com/2013/04/agbani-darego-is-new-face-of-50-stamp.html?m=0

3 Likes

Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by sholay2011(m): 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
What kind of joke is this? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by slimyem: 6:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
For making Nigeria proud after how many years?
..and is NIPOST still in business?tongue

3 Likes

Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by beeboy09(m): 7:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
She deserves it. Although its late this shows that the Nigerian Govt cares less about citizens who bring glory to the country.

5 Likes

Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2013
It doesnt matter, people hardly use Post Office these days.
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by strangest(m): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
she try sha.... better than changing a university's name to her own....

4 Likes

Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
NIPOST is probably trying to lure lecherous guys who love to ogle pretty chicks to buy stamps even if they won't use it. Good marketing strategy.

1 Like

Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by tpia5: 8:25pm On Apr 04, 2013
I did not see this news anywhere else, so i doubt its veracity.

The people currently on the N50 stamp include ahmadu bello, zik, awo, and tafawa balewa.

Nothing wrong with putting agbani on a stamp, ( we should have more of our eminent nigerians on stamps), but this particular post by the op seems to have been self printed.

You can put any picture on a stamp these days, its quite common.

Now having said all that, the nigerian govt needs to look into the issue of featuring prominent nigerians on stamps, now while people are still using them ( stamps).

Op kindly post links if your news is true.
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2013
NIPOST is probably trying to lure lecherous guys, who love to ogle pretty chicks, to buy stamps even if they won't use it. Good marketing strategy!
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by chymystique(f): 8:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
Loll... Can't remember d last tym I saw a Stamp grin grin grin kiss
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
Is it food stamp for free garri? angry
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by Kolade9(m): 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ok...good
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
Thought its #50 note,imagine stamp,why can't she be in #50 naira note.
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by pheyikemi: 9:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
careytommy: Is it food stamp for free garri? angry
Must u always fink of garri? Is it until ur eyeballs swell like pumpkin u'll stop finkin abt garri? grin

3 Likes

Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by etalker: 10:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
Who uses post stamp dis days?
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by tpia5: 10:26pm On Apr 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by goldfish80(m): 2:18am On Apr 05, 2013
Nice move by Nipost. Naij should start recognizing/Honour her youths in their active days rather than wait till they are 70 απϑ almost dying on their sick bed.

For the records: Postage stamp is still a legal tender απϑ relevant today in most country including the UK. Few weeks ago, I was asked by the high court to paste a N50 postage stamp to My document before I can get α court seal on it.
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by nmagirl(f): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2013
Is NIPOST still in existence? It's been long i heard about that lipsrsealed
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by aburo7: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
I hope you guys have seen the news everywhere now?
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by tpia5: 3:24am On Apr 06, 2013
no, actually.

any links?
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by iamswizz(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by yuzedo: 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
My ex-babe!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by Decapo: 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
Owk
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by yuzedo: 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
Plis take me bark Abani. Am never gonna still meat from the pot of egusi stew again, ALLAH! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by ojiefi: 1:31pm On Apr 08, 2013
she did make Nigeria proud,it doesnt matter how many years now. you now know NIPOST is working abi? if na america now you go know everything nonsense......
slimyem: For making Nigeria proud after how many years?

3 Likes

Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by tommykiwi(m): 1:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
Which kind postal stamp be dat? I was thinking it was her wedding...Agbani when r u getting married
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nigerians and Ignorance , so postage stamp is used on mails only

1 Like

Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
thrive hold assuaged prince courtesy utopian fortresses wouldst farces turnd.
fist styx breech friends loud humph sin proceed sinewy hint.
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by Ejine(m): 1:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
Stamps still exist? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by Ejine(m): 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2013
dominion247: thrive hold assuaged prince courtesy utopian fortresses wouldst farces turnd.
fist styx breech friends loud humph sin proceed sinewy hint.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-yNqtfdeBcuc/T7HCrw7b6SI/AAAAAAAAAYA/CezcuBKcLUI/s1600/fa7a2c23_dog-dude-wait-what.jpeg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by Nwogbe: 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2013
slimyem: For making Nigeria proud after how many years?

Guy wake up oo......... U are asking if NIPOST is still in biz!!!! Just go to their office at Nacho Shield MMIA and see how large this guys are living. The funniest part is that with all the money they are making by 3pm they have closed for the day. At times i wonder if peeps from some of these federal agencies make more money than Agip staff at d end of the month.
Re: Agbani Darego is the New Face of ₦50 Postal Stamp by OLOYEDEOREOLUWA(f): 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
Na wa o! See ppl displaying ignorance openly!!!!! Asking if stamps still exist.well just so u know stamps aren't used only in the post office. Some official documents aren't authentic if there's no postage stamp on it. Banks use postage stamps a lot too.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omotola Jalade And Elvina Ibru Are Lawyers On Set Of New Movie / Comedian Bovi Shares His Childhood Photos / Governor Ambode Appoints Kunle Afolayan As A Board Member Of The LSBA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.