Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,545 members, 7,801,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". (20525 Views)

Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / Write Your Life Story In 6 Words / Let Me Write Your Web Contents, Articles Etc For You At An Almost Free Cost (you Name Your Price). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by jaymobb(m): 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2008
stillwater:

Lol grin

Guess I should have titled it, "Na only u like better thing?"

The babe's picky, like most of us are. Unfortunately, not many guys exist with the full package. And if they do, they're usually taken! Just like in the Joe song. About good girls and picking someonelse's dime.

Had to wade thru the mire myself to get my own dream guy.

P.S. he's the inspiration for most of the kinky stuff I write these days. His love is WICKED.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by maedan(f): 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2008
jaymobb:

Guess I should have titled it, "Na only u like better thing?"

The babe's picky, like most of us are. Unfortunately, not many guys exist with the full package. And if they do, they're usually taken! Just like in the Joe song. About good girls and picking someonelse's dime.

Had to wade through the mire myself to get my own dream guy.

P.S. he's the inspiration for most of the kinky stuff I write these days. His love is WICKED.

oops, sorry Jaymobb, posted with ur profile by mistake. undecided
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 13, 2008
How did that happen? shocked
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by crazylegs(m): 9:22am On Jun 13, 2008
stillwater:

How did that happen? shocked

Was wondering myself. Maybe Jaymobb is the dream guy. . . undecided.

@ Maedan
So you like sci-fi. So do I. It should be fun trying something like that.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 13, 2008
Hmmmm. . .lemme see if I can still bring up sth. . .been a long time. . but I'll try grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 13, 2008
Ok, you guys. . .I just thought this story up. . .hope you know what am talking abt, ig you, dnt, neither do I grin
It's ok sha. , here it goes wink

I know not what this feeling is . . . the pound on my fragile chest. I tried so hard to decipher the cause of the heat that is drenching my heart as it beats. Is my heart tired? Is my heart sweating? Lubb dubb, is the lil soldier allowed such sounds in its trench?
Why is the heart allowed to beat, even so when it’s broken?
Each day, each hour of every minute, I constructed a fort to guard it, to protect it from pain. With each stone, I gave it the power to fight off fire and ice. With 19 years war, long and well fought, with many that tried, yet many failed . . . but only one remains.
Suddenly, each stones trembled and fall at the quake of a man, not just any man. How? With neither a sword nor an arrow, with neither power nor strength, the man commanded my walls. Each stones rudely awakened the earth. Who is he? Moreover, why has he come? Am I the pawn or is he the price? Will I become his damsel or he the hostage?
I felt the burning, the heat, the longing to belong to him.
What could this heat possibly be, and why am I drenched in it?
It’s so sweet, yet it promise pain. It’s bright, yet it promises darkness. .
But I do not want to be free. . . .
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by dharmie(f): 11:19pm On Jun 13, 2008
here he is looking at the door.
filled with promises of fur
yet no strength to move the knob
for in his skin all bones have gone numb
'i must have heard wrong' he moaned
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by maedan(f): 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2008
crazylegs:

Was wondering myself. Maybe Jaymobb is the dream guy. . . undecided.

@ Maedan
So you like sci-fi. So do I. It should be fun trying something like that.

@stillwater
I dunno, pls help me ask admin, but I guess I forgot to log in properly before posting, and jaymobb must have 4gotten to log out! Mayb i'm just an internet klutz embarassed!

@crazylegs
jaymobb d dream guy? No way! I've hooked me a Kanye West lookalike, great personality, and fantastic in the sheets. wink
Okay, enough bragging, yes I love sci-fi, and I'm only an amateur, just trying my hand. Pls, any authentic sci-fi-ers, stand up b4 i unwittingly kill the genre!!!
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 3:06am On Jun 15, 2008
morenike09:

Ok, you guys. . .I just thought this story up. . .hope you know what am talking about, ig you, dnt, neither do I grin

I know not what this feeling is . . . the pound on my fragile chest. I tried so hard to decipher the cause of the heat that is drenching my heart as it beats. Is my heart tired? Is my heart sweating? Lubb dubb, is the little soldier allowed such sounds in its trench?
Each day, each hour of every minute, I constructed a fort to guard it, to protect it from pain. With each stone, I gave it the power to fight off fire and ice. With 19 years war, long and well fought, with many that tried, yet many failed . . . but only one remains.
Suddenly, each stones trembled and fall at the quake of a man, not just any man. How? With neither a sword nor an arrow, with neither power nor strength, the man commanded my walls. Each stones rudely awakened the earth. Who is he? Moreover, why has he come? Am I the pawn or is he the price? Will I become his damsel or he the hostage?

You must be free ooo, whether you like it or not tongue grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by maedan(f): 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2008
morenike09:

Ok, you guys. . .I just thought this story up. . .hope you know what am talking about, ig you, dnt, neither do I grin

I know not what this feeling is . . . the pound on my fragile chest. I tried so hard to decipher the cause of the heat that is drenching my heart as it beats. Is my heart tired? Is my heart sweating? Lubb dubb, is the little soldier allowed such sounds in its trench?

Very poetic.
For something u "just thought up", it's pretty nice. I liked the "Lubb dubb, is the little soldier allowed such sounds in
its trench?" part. Deep. You have me quoting u like Shakespeare already. Carry go joooo
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by hacker1848(m): 2:13pm On Jun 15, 2008
i am amzed at the intellectual components of some of our nairalanders, naija folks are brilliant people
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by ayinba1(f): 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2008
“Hmmmnn, Oh my God” she moans sinking her teeth once again into the warm, toasty piece. “ This is too good”. Tokoni watched from the corner of her eye thinking, “she’s going to choke on those one of these days”. Temisa drinks milk from a glass. “How’s that weight loss thing going?” she asks in between mouthfuls. Tokoni feigned a smile and said, “It’s going great, I’m on the Wister program now”. Inwardly she fumed. At 28, she measured 6 feet tall and weighed 300 pounds. Temisan, her twin sister, was 6 feet tall too but a paltry 165 pounds.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 15, 2008
stillwater:

You must be free ooo, whether you like it or not tongue grin
LOL!! who said I was the speaker? I could have been talking abt anybody tongue

maedan:

Very poetic.
For something u "just thought up", it's pretty nice. I liked the "Lubb dubb, is the little soldier allowed such sounds in
its trench?" part. Deep. You have me quoting u like Shakespeare already. Carry go joooo
LOL!! thanks wink
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 15, 2008
Sometimes it’s just not pleasant being responsible. I told mama it’s so unfair.
I stumped my left foot three times just so mama would understand how angry I am.
“I don’t want to baby-sit” stump
“I don’t want to grow up” stump
“And I don’t want to be a big girl!” stump

I am so angry, so angry that mama thinks I should stay home with those tiny devils. It’s so unfair.
I hate Friday nights. Mama leaves us and goes out to the bar. She comes back home all sleepy and tired like a little baby. I always have to make sure I cover her when she slumps on the couch. Every morning she screams at me and slaps me as if it is my fault she’s “drunk”. Drunk, that is what mama calls it. After she’s done vomiting, she gets back on the bed and takes a nap.
I just can’t help that something wet and salty is running down my cheeks. I tried to hide it, but mama saw it. but like always, mama ignores it like she does to my brothers and I. She never stays home with us on her off days, never spends time with us, to play hide and seek with us as Rachel’s mom does.
Sometimes I hate mama. I wish I did not. But I did. I know that God won’t like it but mama is not like Rachel’s mom.
Every night I knee by my bed and pray. I know that God is here, but does he listen? If he does, then Rachel’s mom would have been mines by now.

“Hon, I will be back by 12am” the siren voice, which to me is the opposite of who mama is, slapped me out of my trance.
“Yes mama” came out broodingly from my dried lips
Oh boy! Here we go again. Seeing that mama is no longer around, Bryant and Chris smiled slyly at me. This could only mean one thing. Time for trouble!
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 5:22am On Jun 16, 2008
That was touching. smiley
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by nikinash(f): 10:21am On Jun 16, 2008
wow! this is really a nice thread. away from all the niggling and naggling. good one. enjoyed the stories and truly, nigeria si full of serious talent. kudos to you all.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by nikinash(f): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2008
well, here's my attempt.

Call it coincidence or freaky coincidence.

She had just been tapping her feet to the music blaring from the loudspeaker across the road. The singer was one of those new kids on the block screaming off with his gutsy voice , " E ba mi kigbe ole o, ole, ole, ole". The rythm was nice and she was enjoying it while waiting for the man to pack her goods.

The next thing she knew, she was the cynosure of all eyes, with everyone wondering why the heck she was screaming. She heard herself yelling, "
E ba mi kigbe ole o, ole o, ole", pointing to the western end of the market. For alas, her bag had just been snatched!
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by maedan(f): 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2008
@nikinash

yep, it's freaky coincidence. Great for a quick laff!

I liked the originality, which is what drabble is all about. What it should be. This thread is sooo getting better.

A quick reminder to every1 that it really has to be just 100 words, according to the original poster wink. Peace.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by crazylegs(m): 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2008
maedan:

A quick reminder to everyone that it really has to be just 100 words, according to the original poster wink. Peace.

Thank you Maedan. Tell them whats up.

Er. . . but since I started the thread I'm the only one allowed to break the rule grin

I was actually going to put one that was 150 words before I saw your post embarassed . Its been whittled down to 110. Any more whittling and it would disappear. Just this twice
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by crazylegs(m): 5:34pm On Jun 16, 2008
The tingling at the back of my neck told me something wasn’t right. Entering my flat after a hard day it was pitch black, but I sensed there were nine of them and where they stood. Blood would flow but none of it would be mine.

In a swift motion I whipped my Beretta92 and started firing. I didn’t need to put on the lights. I’m that bad. . .

Flicking on the lights I stared blankly at “Surprise! Happy Birthday!” banners. . . and a freaking BIRTHDAY CAKE! I’m no genius but I knew something was wrong. . .

P.S.
Clap for me. I actually got it to 100 words. grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 17, 2008
LOL!!! Sorry guys for going over 100 words. . didn't see that smiley
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by hola2ng(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2008
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2008
Bravo! Bravo!! Bravo!!!

4HER, CRAZYLEGS, HOLA2NG, MAEDEN, NIKINASH, AYINBA1, MORENIKE09, OJUKWU_RSG, DHARMIE, ARIBLAZE.

Thanks guys, that made for a wonderful read. I think we should have a compilation of these, we'll call it. . .

DRABBLES FROM nairaland
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 6:01pm On Jun 17, 2008
Rescue Me

He tugs my hair.

Twists my arm.

Bends my knees.

He drags me to the bathroom

Pushes my head down into the sink

Scalding water burns my scalp

He laughs. Not a peep I make.

He pulls me up by my wet hair.

I feel stands pop out of my scalp.

“You likey? Want another?

Into the toilet my head goes.

Laughter and flushing sound echo in my ears.

Suddenly the door opens.

My rescuer bursts in.

He gasps, tries to hide but it’s too late. . . he’s been caught.

“Moooooom! Dayo is playing with my doll again!!!”
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2008
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! that was hot! I liked the ending. . that was a surprise ending!
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by StephenP(m): 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2008
The night was warm and quiet. I turned down the blaring music in my car, afraid to wake up the neighborhood. The streetlights shone on me like stage lights. It tickled me to think what was ahead. She was waiting for me and I was more than ready, more than willing tonight. I felt devious, hiding in the shadows as I rang her bell. This secret affair, love forbidden filled my blood stream with a rush that I couldn’t ignore. She opened the door with a grin on her face, an unspoken communication. I had to hold myself back from wrapping her in my arms, ripping her clothes off and mounting her. Raging with pure lust, and unmistakable passion - all were a mask of my love for her. I walked in nonchalantly, made my way to the living room and positioned myself comfortably on the couch. I wanted to make her wait, drive up her blood pressure. Instead she teased me with her body movements and like a song I swayed to her rhythm. . .

I'll stop there before it gets R rated. lol
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 17, 2008
wow!! stephen, that was just too good!1 seriously, you're a good writer/poet. . . plz, continue o. , I need to be corrupted! cheesy
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by tope2000(f): 12:02am On Jun 18, 2008
Oga stephen!Oga stephen!!Oga stephen!!!
U dis boy, i will tell seun to ban you from this site because you are just too much. i love your dimples
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by StephenP(m): 12:04am On Jun 18, 2008
4Her:

wow!! stephen, that was just too good!1 seriously, you're a good writer/poet. . . plz, continue o. , I need to be corrupted! cheesy

LOL! Thanks. It's more that 100 words so I can't do that. Plus I suspect it'll get way too steamy.

tope2000:

Oga stephen!Oga stephen!!Oga stephen!!!
You this boy, i will tell seun to ban you from this site because you are just too much. i love your dimples

ROFL! Please don't! I have no comeback name yet.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by tope2000(f): 12:10am On Jun 18, 2008
No comeback name ke? u should try poet, fineboy, dimples pls make i stop for hia b4 i start speaking in tongues. wink grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by StephenP(m): 12:16am On Jun 18, 2008
lol
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Sisikill: 2:17am On Jun 18, 2008
@4Her
Thank you. . .lol.

@StephenP
shocked
*Fanning self*
Ay! Yi! Yi!. . .that was. . . *takes deep breath*. . .oh my goodness. Is it. . is it getting hot in here or is just me? I'm still recovering from Maeden's. . . only for you to come throw a wrench in the process. So you can write this, ehn? I am sooooo telling Ariblaze on you. You looked the other way when he was searching for writers to continue the story he started.

I tell ya. . .it's always the innocent looking ones, the butter-won't-melt-in-my-mouth ones who lipsrsealed

I am loving this so much, it should be illegal.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR CONTRIBUTING!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / Top 10 Nairaland Stories To Enjoy Over The Weekend / Homeless Not Hopeless By Sola Owonibi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.