Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". (20530 Views)

Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / Write Your Life Story In 6 Words / Let Me Write Your Web Contents, Articles Etc For You At An Almost Free Cost (you Name Your Price). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2008
Fog had a way of magnifying eerie happenings.
But its cloudy and cold outlook belied what had occurred in the grand mansion, whose grayish walls blended with the ghostly apparel of fog's stillness.
The fluterring of a nearby curtain caught Justin's eye. Few minutes ago, he would have shuddered in response to the slight breeze emerging from the windows.
In sobriety he strolled to the center of the large living room. His footsteps -a shallow, noiseless movement on the marble floor- rang peals of bewilderment as he wasn't used to them being so silent.
He stopped in his tracks, staring in awe mingled with anger at the sight he beheld.
Lying lifeless at his feet was a body bathed in a pool of blood.
He knew those eyes, now  thrown back in their sockets;
the almond shaped lips,
the mole on the left cheek,
-like the back of his hand, he knew.
A racket at the door brought him out of his oblivion.
Too late, he sighed.
The police bursted in all geared up in their armor, passing through him as to them he never existed anymore. He was just a poof of air.
Justin looked back at the corpse- the exact replica of him. If wishes were horses his killer wouldn't have gotten away and left of him a ghost.

At last. I didn't count though grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by profmutant(m): 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2008
nice. I tot this thread had been abandoned?
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2008
Lol cheesy
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by wanville(m): 4:24am On Apr 21, 2009
:p
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by 2Angels1: 9:50pm On Aug 26, 2009
dunno if it is boring or not but this is mine:

As i turned to go i heard a SPLASH and looked up at the moon it was just 5:pm and it was as dark as midnight so i later turned to the pool and saw, Gay's body burning o men i started hearing that strange noise of the evil again it was coming close to me cause i was the only surviving person out of 6 so i started hearing meg,meg,,MEGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!.

OOOOOOOOOOO men iwas having one of those horrible nightmares again and mum screaming at me with the top her voice as usual.

hope it's not tooo boring.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by oritameta(m): 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2009
Post "drabble" at planetprose in the Excerpt category.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by OnoEdosio(m): 12:29am On Sep 03, 2009
ROTTEN TUBERS
The ringing in my head increased as blood rushed into my head. I was lying prone on the concrete wall looking down at the huge expanse of cultivated farmland. The wall rose several feet into the air and it took all I had to control the dizziness I felt; wave after wave of nausea threatening my delicate position. Using a torch light was not an option because a couple of guards patrolled lazily around the perimeter. Carefully, I flexed my cramped thigh muscles and silently prayed to the moonless night to see me through till dawn. The first guard passed underneath with a droopy swagger that spelt sleep and too much alcohol. It took the second guard five hundred slow heart beats to get to my position. My mission was simple and precise: the little ones must not die of hunger, not yet. The rest was easy; I jumped down into the soft earth landing on the balls of my feet, remembering to erase any signs of my entrance. I crawled further into the farm until the bamboo sticks told me I was in the old yam section. This was the difficult part. I waited until the crickets and frogs had accepted my intrusion into their territory. Thrusting my hands into the soft soil, I began the laborious work of a shovel; carrying handfuls of earth till the prize below was revealed. Like a patient artist I replaced the mound of earth and erased all signs of criminal activity. Gently, cradling the enormous tuber like a new born baby, I carried it to another section of the imposing concrete wall. I tossed the prize smartly over the wall and waited for the low whistle telling me that it had been caught midair by my partner in crime. I followed soon afterwards and together we sneaked home and delivered our prize catch to our mother who showered war praises on our excited heads. Oh! The shock that awaited me in the morning changed my life for life: the gigantic tuber of yam was rotten, unsalvageable and worthless. I learnt my very first lesson in life: make sure of your heist before leaving the playground. The children did not die of hunger. Not yet.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by editors008: 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2009
Great stories.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by AfroCynic: 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2009
In death we remained estranged,
My father's obituary was written by my sister
'He was survived by one'.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by adebayo201: 7:10pm On Oct 11, 2009
[url=http://report to moderator.]report to moderator.[/url]
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by angelempy(f): 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2009
[color=#006600][/color]
[b][/b][i][/i]NITTY GRITY; IN-TE-GR-ITY
watching from a distance, i want to see the difference i've sought in the half dozne guys i've known. i want to see that fresh, distinct and divine attitude that stnads a person out. so i stand at my unseen corner to watch as this guy exchanges pleasantries with some woman around. after she leaves, he is alone with his God, conscience and , me. will he compromise? should he?
yes? no? yes? no?
i'm waiting and watching. so what's next!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Akebulan: 1:44am On Dec 18, 2009
The Hijab

"You what?!"
I could not believe it. I stared in utter shock, searching his face for truth.
"Where?!"
"No word of a lie" he muttered, halfway through a chuckle, pointing to the top of the brick warehouse.

I was disappointed. Here I was, thinking he was friggid, only to find out he was freakier than I.

"Ohh, Benny! How I wish I too, can say I have had sex on a rooftop."

He laughed. In all my life, I had never heard Ben's laugh sound so lustrous.

"Um,  pray tell. Who with?"

"It was with Mrs. Patel."

And then, I froze.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by SisiKill1: 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2009
^^^ lmao. . .and?

Where is crazylegs?
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 4:38am On Dec 23, 2009
Lol, who revived this thread? cheesy
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 4:42am On Dec 23, 2009
lol I did. cool

Feeling sth, will add my piece sef
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by evieqi(f): 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2010
twas' the shivers that first alerted me,
something was coming,
the hairs on the back of my neck stood,
I had felt it before, am sure
all my instincts were alert,
it crept closer, i was already hyperventilating
i grabbed my weapon,
i wished it would hurry, this is my first battle,i believe i was ready,
finally, it grabbed me, slashed my brain open, and poured it out on this floor,
with my own weapon, my pen,

i welcome the outpouring of drabble, lets continue wink

spreading my fingers, i dipped them in.
soft, squishy, slimy, it felt gross.
i cracked my eyes open to see it, red, with pieces of cream and brown,pipelike shapes,squares,and flat circles, ,
i had to taste it, that was part of the initiation,
i closed my eyes again grabbed as much as i could.
the plopping sound, as some drops escaped, was soon drowned out,
"what do you think u are doing in my ogbono soup pot"
my eyes popped open to see my aunt standing at the door of the kitchen,i could see the devil eyes of my cousins as they roared in laughter,
they set me up, they won this round,1-0.   grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by evieqi(f): 11:24pm On Feb 09, 2010
, oops, dat was supposed to be 2 diff drabble, sorry tongue
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by firestar(f): 10:04am On Aug 09, 2011
Another Day on Nairaland.com

Taptaptap- Click.
Firestar shakes her head ruefully. Where do I start. . . ?
Scoffs.
Isn’t there anything nairalanders won’t post, it unbelievable! I wonder. . . (scrolls down) which thread. . . (scrolls down) is most captivating. . .
Ah!
Hm, let’s see what’s under this headline. . .
Tap.
(Snickers) Here we go again… Arguing, fighting, sarcastic wit and the occurring nitwit then the rare sense of reason. . . This place is a riot. No sense commenting there…
Let’s go to the Food Section.
Tap.
How ‘bout… this?
Oh! I’ve always wanted to try[i] that![/i]
. . .
These chefs are out to get me. . . I just know it!
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Ishilove: 4:45am On Aug 13, 2011
I stood staring into the scrubbed, gleaming standing mirror in my father's sitting room. I stared into it's depths,into that colorful one dimensional world which i sometimes envied. My image stared back at me. Into my world of chaos.

"Who are you?" I whispered to Me.

"Who are you?" Me whispered back.

Her lips mimmicked mine,confused eyes stared into mine from across her shiny world of colours.

Suddenly i was filled with a deep, ancient, atavistic rage. Raising my fist, I glimpsed Me through a red hued haze raising her fist as well. We both snarled dementedly and our balled fists connected solidly.

She disintegrated into thousands of silvery pieces and I was left gawking at the empty wooden frame.

"O boy", I thought, my mind in a daze, "I'm going to have a really hard time explaining this to Mum".

1 Like

Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by firestar(f): 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2011
Orhu loathe gatherings such as these.
Too many of one annoying trait of the human gene pool is gathered here:
Loud, (It’s not as if tympanic membrane is irreplaceable.)
Non-stop, (Top-Ten hits? Nah…)
Yammering. (Groans)
Sometimes, Orhu fumed, he strongly disliked friends. They just had to set him up to attend this farce when he has better things to do with precious, precious time.
He scans the hall for likely openings and cursed.
No such luck. Not when said ‘colleagues’ are stationed strategically at each one.
Orhu smirked.
Fishing out a pen and notepad he laid out a game plan…
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2011
Unto Aged

Tiny song on stake, cliches, coming at the dawn of a rare sage though they are familiar not only to shaky hands. Taking hold of everything, he thinks, when it comes closer it's endless tale. "When I was young I thought about it, now I am old still the same - this ageless face I wear it has never changed",he soliloquizes. Images hanged on wall not so far away, fading souls of the past father's once a child is reminiscence of who he is. That's not what bothers him but, it's self becoming selfless of the very days he enjoys.

By all4naija.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by firestar(f): 12:26am On Sep 10, 2011
[size=13pt]“I’m crazy but I like it. Loca, loca, loca…"[/size]
Why I’m in a class of misfits normally known as “NFAs”, I probably may never know.
When you’re part of the minority which falls under the label of serious with the capped ‘S’, who just wish the damn ‘sensei’ making herself comfortable with a handout in her palms--- dictating paragraphs at the speed of light… To Please hurry up!
When suddenly…
“Excuse me ma,-please insert the nonsensical worthy query your ears have the dishonour of hearing here-“
‘Sensei’ spluttered, demanded who uttered such and stormed out.
. . .
It has hit the fan
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Chuks84(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2011
My Crush.

She is beautiful. She walks pass my street every morning. I am always there, watching. Immersed in her beauty, I stare and I know deep in my heart that today's the day. The day I talk to her, the first day of the rest of our lives. Its fate, she's mine and I'm hers. We were destined to be together. I take the first step, my heart beats with anticipation. She looks back and she smiles. Does she see me? I pull my head from the window quickly. Maybe tomorrow. It's been two years, an extra day won't hurt.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Ishilove: 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2011
Chuks84:

My Crush.

She is beautiful. She walks pass my street every morning. I am always there, watching. Immersed in her beauty, I stare and I know deep in my heart that today's the day. The day I talk to her, the first day of the rest of our lives. Its fate, she's mine and I'm hers. We were destined to be together. I take the first step, my heart beats with anticipation. She looks back and she smiles. Does she see me? I pull my head from the window quickly. Maybe tomorrow. It's been two years, an extra day won't hurt.
Beautiful
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 21, 2011
Chuks84:

My Crush.

Lol, I really like this. grin
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by rhymz(m): 2:13am On Dec 21, 2011
stillwater:

ok hearthis one.
Oh My Sweetheart, you know that I love and nothing's gon change that.
May be that is the excuse for breaking my heart over and over again. Last night, I almost cried because I was angry with you, why was I angry? I care too much for you that you don't care for me the way I do. I fear that I am loving you with my heart but your busy loving me with your head. I give you my last dollar, you know it and you take it. I ask you for a penny of your dollar you withold it and say; "it is budget already".
You feel sick I run helter skelter for solution, hold your hands to feel your pains, call you every minute to know how you are fairing. I feel sick you show me
a clean pair of heels, leave my hands to the scathing feelings of dejection and rather collect calls my calls to hear me moan in pain for your presence. Now I am writing this
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by rhymz(m): 2:19am On Dec 21, 2011
stillwater:

ok hearthis one.
Oh My Sweetheart, you know that I love and nothing's gon change that.
May be that is the excuse for breaking my heart over and over again. Last night, I almost cried because I was angry with you, why was I angry? I care too much for you that you don't care for me the way I do. I fear that I am loving you with my heart but your busy loving me with your head. I give you my last dollar, you know it and you take it. I ask you for a penny of your dollar you withold it and say; "it is budget already".
You feel sick I run helter skelter for solution, hold your hands to feel your pains, call you every minute to know how you are fairing. I feel sick you show me
a clean pair of heels, leave my hands to the scathing feelings of dejection and rather collect calls my calls to hear me moan in pain for your presence.
I still love you even though I am not sure you do; I still miss you even if you don't call, as I sit on the corner of my bed awake and writing this drabble cos I can't sleep even though you already fast asleep in peace inyour dreams, I still want to blow you a gdnyt kiss and hope it wakes you up to my latent worries about us.
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2011
Now that bored me. cheesy
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by firestar(f): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2011
Do not be anxious…

Up Nepa.

Adrenaline pumping, I raced, threw the switch, turned to the pipes and listened.
Satisfied with the water churning into the tank, feet sprinted to the bathroom.

Some other pressing matters:
First perishables, then Laundry.

The tank is full.

Switching off, I made to return back to my other duties when I noticed flocks of birds under and around the tank.

“Observe intently the birds of heaven, because they do not sow seed or reap or gather into storehouses; still YOUR heavenly Father feeds them. Are YOU not worth more than they are?”
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Nebulae: 3:05pm On Apr 06, 2012
[size=15pt]So many things turned out okay in a short span of time.
Really, this calls for a celebration!

For once, the community monkey has ceased feasting on plump harvest: so there seem to be no runway-bungee springing off of roofs, tanks, pipes, antennas, vehicles and other fixture fittings into the trees.

It didn’t start that way though. ‘Lagido’, started as very cute…
Not the canines, they found it aggravating to find something other than rodents, reptile and amphibian, which run and not mock them. Especially when their owners join the hunt with a hundred and so others…

Treats were scarce.[/size]
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by breathing(f): 10:06am On Apr 09, 2012
It wasn't a dream, there really was someone at the door.

When i opened my eyes, mum was on her knees,trying to clutch her bible,except her hands were so shaky she kept dropping it.

'Blood of Jesus' she kept repeating.

'open this door madam' would come the voice from outside the door.

'blood of jesus' mum would reply loudly.

I remembered thinking that anybody could be jesus,that unless we specifically asked help from our own jesus,we could as well be talking to any other Jew that goes by that name.

So i started to plead 'the blood of Jesus christ,the son of God,who died on the cross...'

it was while searching for more words to specify our own Jesus,that the door was broken down,and suddenly our house was swarming full of masked hoodlums
Re: Write Your Own Very Own "drabble". by Zedrocker(f): 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2012
'do i look ok' mum asked, Facing me, in one of those rickety mass transit buses. It was the first time i had actually really looked at her, mum was getting old and i hadnt even noticd, i began to have strange tots in ma head, 'wat if...' i didnt want to tink bout it, it wont be long now, i tot. I smild at her and said 'u luk gr8' but she cud c d lie, nd so she said 'dnt wori bout me, jus strive to get a beta life dan i hv' i turnd away to hide the tears trickling down ma face.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / Top 10 Nairaland Stories To Enjoy Over The Weekend / Homeless Not Hopeless By Sola Owonibi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.