Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April (871 Views)

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) / Tears Of A Broken Heart-a Short Story / An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by launique: 11:01am On Apr 05, 2013
Yes! It is here yet again! That moment of joy everyone looks forward to is once more upon us. It’s April already, this time it didn't come too soon. It is that time of the year – 90 days from its birth – when great things start to happen. My best season is about to commence. It is a season that we all depend on, for its blessings

The mood permeating the atmosphere was that of great expectations and relief was in the air. Chirping birds hovered around the sky, just as the most virile of the flocks were busy shuttling gaily from one end of the horizon to the other, flaunting those melodious songs of theirs which they rendered impeccably to the admiration of anyone who cared to listen down below.

Far away in the backwoods of the serene countryside, the aesthetic glory of the lush green rainforests that laced the hills like a garden in a master class of nature could not hold them back from bowing to the relentless malevolent winds that combed them. Those were the messengers of the sky, winds sent forth to inform all that could see and all that could feel of their fate. The shrubs and bushes were not to be left behind. Brushing against themselves, they were doing their best to be part of the celebration, just as their bigger counterparts were swaying from end to end. It was all that mattered to them now. The wait had been too long and it had begun to tell on them. Gone were the days when they blossomed in their deep green regalia of vigour, rather the rusty brown apparel of drought was what they now adorned.

Horns blared, sirens belted, wheels screeched and voices bellowed from the streets amid an afflictive cacophony under the shadows of a gathering film of thick dark mass as people scurried helter-skelter and scampered for the warm comfort of a shelter. The sky was also in the mood. A squall was brewing. Spectacular bolts of fireworks flashed from above to lit up the hearts and minds of those who were lucky to behold them. Cold currents of refreshment hurled down with them, sweeping the streets with such gusto and throwing the refuse they have gathered in the air. The heavens roared and hummed, seemingly in approbation of the goings-on. Such was the ambience that even a fool in his greatest folly would not be forgiven easily had he failed to see that the hour was at hand. It was closer than ever. The long wait was over. The earth was beginning to heave a sigh of relief.

The sun took a bow – it was its curtain call for the day, never to be seen again till the dawn of the next day. The stage was set. This time it would not disappoint. It came down in all its might. The clouds wept and it rained. Hurray!
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by launique: 11:02am On Apr 05, 2013
Please this is my first attempt at putting down something like this. Your views are highly welcome. Please keep them coming. Constructive criticism is encouraged.
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by clockwise(m): 12:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
@ op, u dey make me lafff o. what ur post is nt dat meaningful. if u want people to appreciate ur work, u gat to do do beter. no string attached.
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by launique: 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
Keep your opinions coming. I value them so much
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by launique: 1:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
make una keep una comments coming. person dey dis section at all?
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by launique: 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
29 views and 1 reply. nawao
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by Emyo(m): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2013
Permit me to repost here
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by luvmijeje(f): 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2013
la_unique: make una keep una comments coming. person dey dis section at all?
We kuku dey o, you just have to be patient. You wrote a poem about the month of april,honestly it is not my kind of poem maybe becos I am Nigeria or maybe becos it lacks life or maybe becos I'm not born in the month of april or maybe becos rain is not falling in Lagos so far or maybe becos I am not surrounded by forest.
But overall well done.
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by launique: 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
luvmijeje:
We kuku dey o, you just have to be patient. You wrote a poem about the month of april,honestly it is not my kind of poem maybe becos I am Nigeria or maybe becos it lacks life or maybe becos I'm not born in the month of april or maybe becos rain is not falling in Lagos so far or maybe becos I am not surrounded by forest.
But overall well done.

Thanks 4 d reply
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by luvmijeje(f): 7:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
la_unique:

Thanks 4 d reply
You are welcome. In my opinion,ur next write up should have a touch of Africa,things we are familiar with,don't let it be too westernize.
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by launique: 10:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
oh, tnx a lot sweet
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by Scarcebabe: 11:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
In my own opinion,it is not interesting.
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by VanTee20(m): 11:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
First attempt? Well I'm impressed. You did a good job up there, my only problem with your piece is that it's like too abstract, u know kind of too foreign for me.

This however do not diminish the fact that you did a nice job. Well done, more bullets to your riflesmiley.
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by launique: 8:09am On Apr 06, 2013
wow, tnx 4 ur comments. i'm grateful
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by VanTee20(m): 9:25am On Apr 06, 2013
la_unique: wow, tnx 4 ur comments. i'm grateful
U're welcome smiley.
Re: An Essay: Sweet Tears Of April by launique: 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
tnx

(1) (Reply)

House Of Commotion (.H.O.C.) -A Short Story / My Surgical Story / Dirty Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.