Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements (628 Views)

Troops Arrest Boko Haram Logistic Elements & Kids Wearing Their New Uniform(pics / Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory / Buhari With Babagida, Tinubu, And Obasanjo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by Idokojimmy: 1:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
It is only in Nigeria that opposition parties seek to take control of govt machinery by hook or crook. While those in other climes woo the electorate with captivating manifestos and genuine commitment to its execution, ours have established themselves in negative light by fuelling propaganda, violence, forgery, name calling and so on. For purposes of publicity, these elements have sponsored and publicised falsehood, and some heart rending projects just to whip up sentiment. I will identify some of these desperate moves
1. The decision of the Lagos state govt to elongate LG tenure to 6yrs. This move is obviously political. The current term of serving LG officials ends by October, but because Tinubu wants to sustain his grip of Lagos, he wants the law amended to elongate their term by 3additional years. We know that laws don't apply retrospectively, why not allow them go and then amend the law for the incoming officials? It's glaring Tinubu knows he no longer controls the state, as few tribunal cases have shown. Also, by allowing them, they will serve as a foundation for rigging. If he is on ground, he should allow the elections to be conducted so as to prove his popularity and acceptability of ACN ideology. Salami no dey again.
2. Investigation has now revealed that the controversial APC that is struggling the acronym with the merger group was actually the opposition party brainchild. This they sponsored to court public sympathy and hoodwink Nigerians into believing that the ruling party wants to frustrate their merger.
3. Recall the flooding of Abuja with Gej's 2015 election poster. The posters were immediately disowned by the presidency and it was later revealed that the action was sponsored to create the impression that the present administration isn't committed to delivering the gains of democracy, but occupied with 2015 election matters.
3. When forgery is also involved, it makes the matter worse. Few days ago, the media was awash with copies of fake presidential directives pushing for the frustration of the merger, Grounding of Tinubu's business interests, surveillance on some governors and so on. The copy of the fake directives makes mockery of them. Those who saw it will understand. For the avoidance of doubt, directives are not wholistically issued. They are specifics, and organisationally, ministry, or "parastatally" directed. Party directives cannot be jointly issued with security matters. All these are independent bodies. The head of such bodies are the recipient of such directives. For opposition forces to fake a directive with party issues, security matters, Economic issues, excesses of some governors goes to show their naivety. For the governors they mentioned, they are massaging their ego, so as to be easily wooed into their camp. Well this isn't new as some are already meeting secretly.
But in an ideal situation, do we need these to wrestle power from them? Must power be achieved illegally? What then is the difference between them and the PDP that they are fighting? Will they fare better with these unethical practices? Is this the reason why Pastor Tunde Bakar has distanced himself from the group, regarding them as bunch of rogues?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
My brother, the issue of political menace invading Nigeria is nothing to write home about. Lagos among all others 36 state have actually tried and i most solely commend the effort of Gov Fashola for that. If all the Governor can sit down and think the way Fashola thinks i think what is being done in Lagos can be repeated in any state.
Re: Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by Idokojimmy: 2:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
Yomii: My brother, the issue of political menace invading Nigeria is nothing to write home about. Lagos among all others 36 state have actually tried and i most solely commend the effort of Gov Fashola for that. If all the Governor can sit down and think the way Fashola thinks i think what is being done in Lagos can be repeated in any state.
No one will dispute the efforts of Fasola, but does it justify the afore mentioned unethical practices?
Re: Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by akpanoka: 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
Just passing, una Welldone
Re: Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by Olanlere11: 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2013
They will be worst than the ruling party. They can't be trusted. Bakare has said it all
Re: Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by Sibrah: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
If i may ask Mr. OP, How did the ruling party get there first? isn't it by do-or-die attitude? Please strike out anything you know the ruling party is guilty of from your list and check what becomes of your post.
Re: Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by Idokojimmy: 7:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
Sibrah: If i may ask Mr. OP, How did the ruling party get there first? isn't it by do-or-die attitude? Please strike out anything you know the ruling party is guilty of from your list and check what becomes of your post.
Thank U. Elongating d tenure of LG chairman isn't PDP's agenda
Parading fake presidential directives isn't PDP culture
Printing peoples poster just to whip up sentiment has never been their ideology.
Moreover, by asking me if PDP has done differently suggests that they are all the same, then why clamour for a change?
Re: Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by Bkl4real: 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
@op, I'm I correct? Lol
Re: Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by Idokojimmy: 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
Bkl4real: @op, I'm I correct? Lol

grin grin grin ask Ezekwesili
Re: Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by bloggernaija: 9:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
Does this mumu even have a clue what democracy is all about. Desperate opposition?
Re: Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by dayokanu(m): 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
bloggernaija: Does this mumu even have a clue what democracy is all about. Desperate opposition?

Ask am oo. He obviously is as clueless as Retardeen himself
Re: Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by omenka(m): 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2013
Well what can one say?? Eerm, fvck you too!
Re: Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements by Olanlere11: 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
bloggernaija: Does this mumu even have a clue what democracy is all about. Desperate opposition?
When people lack the ability to sustain rational argument and articulate their position, they resort to abuse. I think that is cheap. The simple response to people in that category is ignore them, they are clowns

(1) (Reply)

Is Mod And Seun Using Ethnic, Racial And Sectarian Bigotry To Gain Page Rank / How Gov. Amaechi Gets Away With Everything.....stanley Azuakola / PDP-A Body Without A Head?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.