Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? (24584 Views)

Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria / List Of All Online Stores In Nigeria / Why Won't People Use The Online Stores In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by kinstinct(m): 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
Hi Nairalanders,

I would like u to share our experiences with online stores in Nigeria. I know we have varying experiences and i thought it be helpful to share those experiences for us to learn.

I am one man that is very eager to this industry grows and provides better services like the ebays and amazons, because of its convenience. From the a few experiences however, i know that we are a long way to my desired state.

The first site i ordered stuff online from was Watchlockers, then Jumia. I had several transactions with these two. the former have not disappointed me probably because they are concentrating on one category of products, the later did, more than once.

There are also the online payment systems.

What is your experience?

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by kinstinct(m): 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
One of the problems i observed with Jumia is that they do not stock (not sure) stuff. they rely on sub retail physical stores. the problem with that is they cant tell how much is available and customers keep ordering and for stuff that are out of stock. one of the solutions to this is upgrade the system to include inventory of each item they place online and it counts down as people order/pay.

I also bought a printer that did not work because of expired ink that came with it. i complaint and they gave me a replacement. same problem. i bought the ink again the printer can see anything you connect to it, be it USB, computer, flash or memory card.

They offered to replace again but i said i do not want that model again, because is probably obsolete. i was willing to pay any balance for different model but they kept mute.

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by GraceBestowed(f): 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2013
Nigeria is a fast growing country, and I believe that the online store thing is going to pick up soon!

To answer your question, I've never bought anything online in Nigeria, didn't even know they did that, but I'm pleasantly surprised!! I pray they can maintain exceptional work ethics, and do what they say they'd do!

2 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Orikinla(m): 1:53pm On Apr 06, 2013
kinstinct: One of the problems i observed with Jumia is that they do not stock (not sure) stuff. they rely on sub retail physical stores. the problem with that is they cant tell how much is available and customers keep ordering and for stuff that are out of stock. one of the solutions to this is upgrade the system to include inventory of each item they place online and it counts down as people order/pay.

I also bought a printer that did not work because of expired ink that came with it. i complaint and they gave me a replacement. same problem. i bought the ink again the printer can see anything you connect to it, be it USB, computer, flash or memory card.

They offered to replace again but i said i do not want that model again, because is probably obsolete. i was willing to pay any balance for different model but they kept mute.

Since Summit Brothers has invested N26 million euros (N5.2bn) in Jumia, they should upgrade to the standard of Amazon.

2 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by hrmkz: 1:53pm On Apr 06, 2013
Why do I need online store when I can go buy anything anytime!!!

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 06, 2013
They are all fraudulent. Online shopping in Nigeria is the fastest way to lose your money.

6 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Techwriter: 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
kinstinct The first site I ordered stuff online from was Watchlockers, then Jumia. I had several transactions with these two. the former have not disappointed me probably because they are concentrating on one category of products,
It is not as if Jumia wanted to disappoint but dealing on so many products when they rely on others for the supply is always the problem because they have not built the capacity to handle demands. There adverts generates more demands than there capacity to supply.

Hence If you want to buy online and be sure of quick speedy delivery my advice is look for a one-product online store-from my experience I can say they are more reliable and even cheaper. The OP just mention one. www. is another good one for those interested in phones. They even have a policy of refunding your money while you still keep your demand if the phone does not get to you within 4 hours.

7 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 06, 2013
Ordered for a wristwatch from Konga on Valentine's day. Called them that morning to confirm my order. They confirmed it. Waited all day for the watch, no delivery.
They called me two days later to come downstairs and pick up my order. I asked the delivery man to go to hell

10 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by RedLight1: 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: They are all fraudulent. Online shopping in Nigeria is the fastest way to lose your money.
have u been defrauded online b4? Tell us ur experience and stop generalizin tings u knew nothin abt

there are many people doing transactions online successfully in nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by RedLight1: 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
poshdiva: Ordered for a wristwatch from Konga on Valentine's day. Called them that morning to confirm my order. They confirmed it. Waited all day for the watch, no delivery.
They called me two days later to come downstairs and pick up my order. I asked the delivery man to go to hell
lol so u didnt collect it? shocked
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by ajos(m): 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2013
pls is www. reliable/secure in online transaction with my ATM card...? their goods r cheap but am scared to pay using my ATM card...has anybody payed usin ATM card wit no aftermath...?pls help me,cos i love to shop online wit full rest of mind
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Scarpon(m): 2:05pm On Apr 06, 2013
Orikinla:

Since Summit Brothers has invested N26 million euros (N5.2bn) in Jumia, they should upgrade to the standard of Amazon.
hmm thats nice but amazon worth more than that

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by RedLight1: 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2013
ajos: pls is www. reliable/secure in online transaction with my ATM card...? their goods r cheap but am scared to pay using my ATM card...has anybody payed usin ATM card wit no aftermath...?pls help me,cos i love to shop online wit full rest of mind
its safe and secure... The site will link u to interswitch site for payment ... Buh try to always make payment on ur personal gadget
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by RedLight1: 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
Scarpon: hmm thats nice but amazon worth more than that
oga u cant compare amazon that has been operating for years to jumia now
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Scarpon(m): 2:12pm On Apr 06, 2013
Red-Light:
oga u cant compare that has been operating for years to jumia now
same thing am trying to say bro
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
rule number 1 in nigeria is never pay for wat u havent seen. take this advice to the grave with u.

6 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 06, 2013
Red-Light:
have u been defrauded online b4? Tell us ur experience and stop generalizin tings u knew nothin abt

there are many people doing transactions online successfully in nigeria

Onye nzuzu. angry

Keep your mouth shut. I wrote my own reply and opinion to the topic. Write yours and stop quoting me.

8 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by ajos(m): 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
Red-Light:
its safe and secure... The site will link u to interswitch site for payment ... Buh try to always make payment on ur personal gadget
i hav orders on my cart...d interswitch pay page pop out,but am scared to drop my ATM detials for payment approval
...you know naija now...yahoo yahoo guys too much...i no want fall mugu
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by RedLight1: 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
al-qaeda:
rule number 1 in nigeria is never pay for wat u havent seen. take this advice to the grave with u.
speak 4 urself bro..
am a nigerian and i buy tins online

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by pekelepekele(m): 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
its too risky! . Hell no!. I almost ordered a 64inch plasma tv through Jumia and something came to my mind are you serious at all ., How far away is LG or samsung office from you that you can't go there yourself . I quickly change my mind and drove out to buy the TV . What makes it risky is one major thing . How are you so sure that among all the staffs working at Jumia there is no armed robber informant among them that will later give out the list of addresses where the items where shipped because something similar is happening within the banking sector in Nigeria ., If you are withdrawing above 1m better you request for a change of address first or else some of the staff will send a text to his/her guys and before you know it someone will trace you to know if you really took the funds home or even attack you on the road

I mean sometimes somethings happen and we don't know what causes it.

7 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 06, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Giftedgreen: 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2013
poshdiva: Ordered for a wristwatch from Konga on Valentine's day. Called them that morning to confirm my order. They confirmed it. Waited all day for the watch, no delivery.
lol. Really funny

2 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by RedLight1: 2:20pm On Apr 06, 2013
ajos:
i hav orders on my cart...d interswitch pay page pop out,but am scared to drop my ATM detials for payment approval
...you know naija now...yahoo yahoo guys too much...i no want fall mugu
thats why u have to be sure u are linked to interswitch payment site webpay.interswitch.com.ng .. Dnt pay on any look alike and it must be https not just http ... Besides jumia is a reliable site just that they always have stock problem
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by ajos(m): 2:20pm On Apr 06, 2013
hahahaha girls can lie...see koro-koro lie...chei u order,no be d mugu dey buy before....?nawawo me too order come vex nah,but i tell d delivery guy u nid d order and kip d chicken change am off to yankee to shop my self...lol
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
Red-Light:
lol so u didnt collect it? shocked

Collect ke? For what? What's the point of the gift after Vals day?
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by mkoabiola: 2:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
Hw do u make ur payment wen shopping online?
Can som1 state various online stores.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by RedLight1: 2:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude:

Onye nzuzu. angry

Keep your mouth shut. I wrote my own reply and opinion to the topic. Write yours and stop quoting me.
buh u sound retarded undecided the topic is about ur experience with ordering tins online... U never order a pin b4 yet u believe all the sites are scam.. How dumb can sum1 sound undecided

5 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by RedLight1: 2:25pm On Apr 06, 2013
poshdiva:

Collect ke? For what? What's the point of the gift after Vals day?
hmmm big girl.. How much did the wrist watch cost or wait ur money was refunded?
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2013
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2013
Red-Light:
buh u sound retarded undecided the topic is about ur experience with ordering tins online... U never order a pin b4 yet u believe all the sites are scam.. How dumb can sum1 sound undecided

Ok tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CBN To Pump More Cash Into Circulation Today - The Nation / New Note Scarcity: ATM Queues Increase In Abeokuta (Pictures) / Fire Outbreak At Kara Market On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.