Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Resurrection Lie - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Resurrection Lie (1973 Views)

Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? / Why Did Jesus Fold The Napkin In The Tomb After Resurrection? / What Happened In Between:jesus's Crucifixion, Death & Resurrection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
According to the Bible; Jesus was crucified on Friday, and he died at exactly noon (12:00PM) on Friday and resurrected on the first day of the week (Sunday), which is now adopted as day of worship, against the Mosaic Law of the old testament which made Saturdays the sabbath day.

That is not the point, my point is, billions have been taught and they believe wholeheartedly without questions that Jesus resurrected on the 3rd day.

My brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, help me calculate this: Between 12 noon of Friday and 5AM of Sunday.

Is it 3 days ?
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: According to the Bible; Jesus was crucified on Friday, and he died at exactly noon (12:00PM) on Friday and resurrected on the first day of the week (Sunday), which is now adopted as day of worship, against the Mosaic Law of the old testament which made Saturdays the sabbath day.

That is not the point, my point is, billions have been taught and they believe wholeheartedly without questions that Jesus resurrected on the 3rd day.

My brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, help me calculate this: Between 12 noon of Friday and 5AM of Sunday.

Is it 3 days ?
Just passing.
Re: Resurrection Lie by ayobase(m): 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2013
But three days were involved!

Friday was involved.
Saturday was involved.
Sunday was involved.

LOBATAN!

And I'm very happy u concurred with the fact that He died and resurrected!

That's the good news, not how many hours or days!
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: According to the Bible; Jesus was crucified on Friday, and he died at exactly noon (12:00PM) on Friday and resurrected on the first day of the week (Sunday), which is now adopted as day of worship, against the Mosaic Law of the old testament which made Saturdays the sabbath day.

Is it 3 days ?
JEWISH DAY HAS 12 HOURS

JOHN 11 VS 9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world

HOWEVER THE NEW 24 HOUR DAY WAS THE ROMAN EMPIRES IDEA AND SCRIPTURE SAID THE ROMAN EMPIRE WOULD CHANGE THE TIMES BY MAKING A DAY 24 HOURS
DANIEL 7 VS 25 He will speak words against the Most High. He will harass the holy ones of the Most High continually. His intention will be to change times established by law. <<< NOW YOU ARE FOLLOWING NEW TIMES OF 24 HOURS AND MANS LAWS
Re: Resurrection Lie by okeyxyz(m): 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
Jesus died on Friday and rose on sunday. How is that not three days?? Did anybody claim he rose on the 72-hour?
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
Reyginus: Just passing.

grin grin

obadiah777: JEWISH DAY HAS 12 HOURS

JOHN 11 VS 9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world

HOWEVER THE NEW 24 HOUR DAY WAS THE ROMAN EMPIRES IDEA AND SCRIPTURE SAID THE ROMAN EMPIRE WOULD CHANGE THE TIMES BY MAKING A DAY 24 HOURS
DANIEL 7 VS 25 He will speak words against the Most High. He will harass the holy ones of the Most High continually. His intention will be to change times established by law. <<< NOW YOU ARE FOLLOWING NEW TIMES OF 24 HOURS AND MANS LAWS

interesting...so what did they consider dusk/night? lol.
or is it that to them there were 12 hours of day light? if that is the case then they weren't too far off from how we measure time now, thus STILL making it three 24 hour days. tongue

hope you get my drift.

1 Like

Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
obadiah777: JEWISH DAY HAS 12 HOURS

Stop your threats and answer the question as should be. No one is afraid of Jehovah here. I do not like your tone.
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire:

Stop your threats and answer the question as should be. No one is afraid of Jehovah here. I do not like your tone.

grin grin
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

grin grin

interesting...so what did they consider dusk/night? lol.
or is it that to them there were 12 hours of day light? if that is the case then they weren't too far off from how we measure time now, thus STILL making it three 24 hour days. tongue

hope you get my drift.
NO SUCH THING AS NIGHT OR DUSK. THESE ARE ILLUSIONS. IF IT IS DARK IT IS STILL DAY. DAY IS A REPRESENTATION OF THE PRESENCE OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD AND NOT THE PRESENCE OF PHYSICAL LIGHT, NIGHT IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF PHYSICAL LIGHT BUT THE ABSENCE OF GOD IN A PLACE. CATCH THE DRIFT wink

REVELATION 21 VS 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire:

LMAO. ARE YOU DRUNK ? WHAT TONE ?
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
obadiah777: NO SUCH THING AS NIGHT OR DUSK. IF IT IS DARK IT IS STILL DAY. DAY IS A REPRESENTATION OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD AND NOT THE PRESENCE OF PHYSICAL LIGHT, NIGHT IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF PHYSICAL LIGHT BUT THE ABSENCE OF GOD IN A PLACE. CATCH THE DRIFT wink

REVELATION 21 VS 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Obadiah, Days and nights are functions of the rotation of the sun. It is purely a scientific thing and has nothing to do with presence or absence of God.
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
obadiah777: NO SUCH THING AS NIGHT OR DUSK. IF IT IS DARK IT IS STILL DAY. DAY IS A REPRESENTATION OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD AND NOT THE PRESENCE OF PHYSICAL LIGHT, NIGHT IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF PHYSICAL LIGHT BUT THE ABSENCE OF GOD IN A PLACE. CATCH THE DRIFT wink

AAAAAH!! ok I see!!

I am interesting in knowing how the timing was conducted then...

for example we go by
60 seconds = 1 minute
60 minutes = 1 hour
24 hours = 1 day....

Perhaps for them every two hours (our scale) = 1 hour... tongue

eh...im thinking too much never mind. grin

@ topic...it's three days either way. tongue
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
obadiah777: LMAO. ARE YOU DRUNK ? WHAT TONE ?

I am not drunk, And I know you are not drunk. Why are you Christian brothers always calling people names especially when questions about christian theology is raised?
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire:

Obadiah, Days and nights are functions of the rotation of the sun. It is purely a scientific thing and has nothing to do with presence or absence of God.

undecided
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2013
Go on guys. Me love this.

1 Like

Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire:

IN THE CARNAL WORLD YOU ARE CORRECT. HOWEVER THE BIBLE IS NOT ABOUT THE CARNAL WORLD. ABSENCE OF GOD IS NIGHT. PRESENCE OF GOD IS DAY. ITS BIBLICAL wink
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

undecided
Last, I checked, the bible said, God is omnipresent, then Obadiah connotes that Absence of God's Glory means Night, and Presence of God's Glory means Day. And how that relates to the 3rd days resurrection theory, I can not tell. I only understand that 24hrs makes a day and between 12 noon of Friday to Sunday at 5am is not just up to 3 days. That is why I need someone to help me explain.
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
Even our great scientist and his madam are puzzled....
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
obadiah777: IN THE CARNAL WORLD YOU ARE CORRECT. HOWEVER THE BIBLE IS NOT ABOUT THE CARNAL WORLD. ABSENCE OF GOD IS NIGHT. PRESENCE OF GOD IS DAY. ITS BIBLICAL wink
So, God is no more Omnipresent ? So, in essence, God moves to America when its night in Africa, and returns to Africa by day. You see what I mean, cos when I was sleeping, my friends in USA were awake. Fix those potholes in your theory, Obadiah.
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

AAAAAH!! ok I see!!

I am interesting in knowing how the timing was conducted then...

for example we go by
60 seconds = 1 minute
60 minutes = 1 hour
24 hours = 1 day....

Perhaps for them every two hours (our scale) = 1 hour... tongue

eh...im thinking too much never mind. grin

@ topic...it's three days either way. tongue
LOL. JUST IGNORE THE ILLUSION OF DARKNESS AND LIGHT. JUST SEE TIME AND SPACE REGARDLESS OF THE DARKNESS AND LIGHTNESS OF IT AS A CONTINUOUS HOMOGENEOUS STRETCH DIVIDED INTO 12 HOUR PIECES. EACH 12 HOUR WOULD BE A DAY OVER. GERRIT wink
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Last, I checked, the bible said, God is omnipresent,

he/she is. tongue

then Obadiah connotes that Absence of God's Glory means Night, and Presence of God's Glory means Day. And how that relates to the 3rd days resurrection theory, I can not tell.

it's actually one of the bibles many contradictions.
lol how else did the sacrifices of the first children during the curse of Egypt happen at night if God wasn't around? grin ...OOOPS!! different topic!! tongue

I only understand that 24hrs makes a day and between 12 noon of Friday to Sunday at 5am is not just up to 3 days. That is why I need someone to help me explain.

Right. You make good sense...honestly I don't know.
It's all a bit confusing to me. undecided I need more info on ancient Jewish concept of time.
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
obadiah777: LOL. JUST IGNORE THE ILLUSION OF DARKNESS AND LIGHT. JUST SEE TIME AND SPACE REGARDLESS OF THE DARKNESS AND LIGHTNESS OF IT AS A CONTINUOUS HOMOGENEOUS STRETCH DIVIDED INTO 12 HOUR PIECES. EACH 12 HOUR WOULD BE A DAY OVER. GERRIT wink

Ok so in other words night is still day?
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire:
I am not drunk, And I know you are not drunk. Why are you Christian brothers always calling people names especially when questions about christian theology is raised?
MY APOLOGIES MONSIEUR BILLYONAIRE. JUST HOW YOU THOUGHT MY TONE WAS HOSTILE WHEN IT WAS NOT MADE ME QUESTION YOUR SOBRIETY grin
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
obadiah777: LOL. JUST IGNORE THE ILLUSION OF DARKNESS AND LIGHT. JUST SEE TIME AND SPACE REGARDLESS OF THE DARKNESS AND LIGHTNESS OF IT AS A CONTINUOUS HOMOGENEOUS STRETCH DIVIDED INTO 12 HOUR PIECES. EACH 12 HOUR WOULD BE A DAY OVER. GERRIT wink
Obadiah, it doesnt just add up. If you had told us, that Jesus resurrected on the 3rd daylight (as in day time), it could solve this problem. But you can not, cos the Bible said third day.
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
Reyginus: Go on guys. Me love this.
TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU FIELD MARSHALL REYGIE grin
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Last, I checked, the bible said, God is omnipresent, then Obadiah connotes that Absence of God's Glory means Night, and Presence of God's Glory means Day. And how that relates to the 3rd days resurrection theory, I can not tell. I only understand that 24hrs makes a day and between 12 noon of Friday to Sunday at 5am is not just up to 3 days. That is why I need someone to help me explain.
BELIEVE IT OR NOT THERE IS THE ABSENCE OF GODS GLORY IN AFRICA. THE LORD HAS HIDDEN HIS FACE AWAY FROM US. ITS NIGHT-TIME IN AFRICA. WE ARE UNDER THE DEUTERONOMY CURSES. grin

HOW IT RELATES TO 3 DAY RESSURECTION ? WELL FRI TO SUNDAY WHILE ONE AND A HALF DAYS IN THE CARNAL MAN CREATED TIMELINE IS 3 DAYS IN JEWISH TIMELINE
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
obadiah777: MY APOLOGIES MONSIEUR BILLYONAIRE. JUST HOW YOU THOUGHT MY TONE WAS HOSTILE WHEN IT WAS NOT MADE ME QUESTION YOUR SOBRIETY grin

No wahala my Oga@theTop,
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Obadiah, it doesnt just add up. If you had told us, that Jesus resurrected on the 3rd daylight (as in day time), it could solve this problem. But you can not, cos the Bible said third day.

right. from a natural point of view it is true that night is just an illusion because when night occurs our side of the planet is turned away from the sun...HOWEVER when time is measured, the way in which it was is what matters. And going from there we must ask "how?" and go from there.

I hope you get me.
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
obadiah777: BELIEVE IT OR NOT THERE IS THE ABSENCE OF GODS GLORY IN AFRICA. THE LORD HAS HIDDEN HIS FACE AWAY FROM US. ITS NIGHT-TIME IN AFRICA. WE ARE UNDER THE DEUTERONOMY CURSES. grin
Obadiah, why do you say so ? Did God speak to you directly ? Cos what you are telling us now, is not in the Bible.
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
obadiah777: MY APOLOGIES MONSIEUR BILLYONAIRE. JUST HOW YOU THOUGHT MY TONE WAS HOSTILE WHEN IT WAS NOT MADE ME QUESTION YOUR SOBRIETY grin

lol you're tying in all caps i guess. grin grin
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
Reyginus: Go on guys. Me love this.

join us!! cheesy
Re: Resurrection Lie by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: So, God is no more Omnipresent ? So, in essence, God moves to America when its night in Africa, and returns to Africa by day. You see what I mean, cos when I was sleeping, my friends in USA were awake. Fix those potholes in your theory, Obadiah.
HE IS OMNIPRESENT BUT HE CAN HIDE HIS FACE AWAY FROM A NATION OF PEOPLE
ISAIAH 59 VS 2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear. <<< HE CAN BE SELECTIVELY OMNIPRESENT

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Karma/nemesis? / The Unforgivable Sin / RCCG GO Pastor Adeboye Want You To Call Him "Daddy" But The Bible Says Otherwise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.