Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Witches And Wizards - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Witches And Wizards (2609 Views)

Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About / Witches And Wizards Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
Mr. Wizard and Mrs Witch do not need introduction. Witches and Wizards are blamed when a man becomes broke or poor. They are blamed for woes and strings of ill-luck. But hardly has anyone I know around me seen these enemies of progress called Witches and Wizards.

The question that begs for answer remains, why are witches and wizards so popular amongst the illiterate poor and the very ignorant segments of our society ? Is there a relationship between witches, wizards, ignorance and illiteracy ?

I challenge anyone, who has seen a witch or a wizard to come out and tell Nairalanders how these spiritual beings look like in graphic terms.

The balls are in your courts, people.
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
As expected, I could not see responses, cos obviously, no one has ever seen a witch, its mere speculation.
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 05, 2013
The topic makes no sense and is a waste of space, thats why there is no response, dude
Re: Witches And Wizards by stonefaze: 1:21am On Apr 06, 2013
Bros,no need make people reply u.wicthes and wizards go soon come visit u 4 your domot.

1 Like

Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 1:45am On Apr 06, 2013
Billyonaire: Mr. Wizard and Mrs Witch do not need introduction. Witches and Wizards are blamed when a man becomes broke or poor. They are blamed for woes and strings of ill-luck. But hardly has anyone I know around me seen these enemies of progress called Witches and Wizards.

The question that begs for answer remains, why are witches and wizards so popular amongst the illiterate poor and the very ignorant segments of our society ? Is there a relationship between witches, wizards, ignorance and illiteracy ?

I challenge anyone, who has seen a witch or a wizard to come out and tell Nairalanders how these spiritual beings look like in graphic terms.

The balls are in your courts, people.

the concept is popular among "illiterates" because of their being illiterate.
A lot of them have not had the opportunity to expand their horizons by way of exchanging ideas and learning to read/research.

So they stick to the explanations provided by those who come before them (ancestors) who may have been very primitive in their thinking, sense of justice and failure to accept accountability.

Say there was an ancient tribe in which the members felt a woman who had twins ought to be put the death because 1) the babies must have different fathers and 2) the twins are witches (thus should be killed as well).

Imagine if present day members of such tribe never had the opportunity to go to school and/or learn about conception or the processes that take place within the woman's womb to create twins? They too would believe that those kids are witches and that the mother is an adulterer.

That's my theory.

1 Like

Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 1:48am On Apr 06, 2013
Billyonaire: As expected, I could not see responses, cos obviously, no one has ever seen a witch, its mere speculation.

not speculation,
it's imagination. tongue

some folks know they don't exist but refuse to accept that they are responsible
or that sh-t happens in life....no they must blame something or someone for their problems.
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 2:32am On Apr 06, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

the concept is popular among "illiterates" because of their being illiterate.
A lot of them have not had the opportunity to expand their horizons by way of exchanging ideas and learning to read/research.

So they stick to the explanations provided by those who come before them (ancestors) who may have been very primitive in their thinking, sense of justice and failure to accept accountability.

Say there was an ancient tribe in which the members felt a woman who had twins ought to be put the death because 1) the babies must have different fathers and 2) the twins are witches (thus should be killed as well).

Imagine if present day members of such tribe never had the opportunity to go to school and/or learn about conception or the processes that take place within the woman's womb to create twins? They too would believe that those kids are witches and that the mother is an adulterer.

That's my theory.

I will hold your explanation as true, until someone comes to refute it and provide evidence that he has seen a witch or wizard

1 Like

Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 3:21am On Apr 06, 2013
Billyonaire:

I will hold your explanation as true, until someone comes to refute it and provide evidence that he has seen a witch or wizard

grin grin
This ought to be interesting.
Re: Witches And Wizards by Elxandre(m): 12:29am On Apr 08, 2013
Are you guys kidding me? I dont blame you. If you ever had experienced spiritual warfare, would you be typing this post?

That it doesnt exist in your family doesnt mean its false... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 4:16am On Apr 08, 2013
Elxandre: Are you guys kidding me? I dont blame you. If you ever had experienced spiritual warfare, would you be typing this post?

And it exists in yours?

1 Like

Re: Witches And Wizards by dorox(m): 8:59am On Apr 08, 2013
Elxandre: Are you guys kidding me? I dont blame you. If you ever had experienced spiritual warfare, would you be typing this post?

Could you describe spiritual warfare to the inexperienced among us and also tell us how the spiritual warfare translates into the physical?
Re: Witches And Wizards by knockturnal(m): 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
Bill, I have seen an event that may qualify to fit into your question about withches and wizards. Still beyond my comprehension and liable to a sacarstic respone from you, I must say that yes; I have seen what must have been an incident that qualify as an example that witches do exist. I incidentally ran into a crowd where a snake was being killed. In front of my eyes, the snake 'metamorphosed'(for lack of a better word to describe was I saw) into a naked young lady. My senses were so repulsed by what I saw that I threw up repeatedly immediately after I beheld such anomally. The whole crowd dispersed with alarcrity. It was a pity I could not witness what happened to her eventually as I was draged home by my elder sister I was walking with.
I am not saying it(she) was a witch, just that I have experienced first hand a "witch-like" occurence.

3 Likes

Re: Witches And Wizards by Mudley313: 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
knockturnal: Bill, I have seen an event that may qualify to fit into your question about withches and wizards. Still beyond my comprehension and liable to a sacarstic respone from you, I must say that yes; I have seen what must have been an incident that qualify as an example that witches do exist. I incidentally ran into a crowd where a snake was being killed. In front of my eyes, the snake 'metamorphosed'(for lack of a better word to describe was I saw) into a naked young lady. My senses were so repulsed by what I saw that I threw up repeatedly immediately after I beheld such anomally. The whole crowd dispersed with alarcrity. It was a pity I could not witness what happened to her eventually as I was draged home by my elder sister I was walking with.
I am not saying it(she) was a witch, just that I have experienced first hand a "witch-like" occurence.

with the advent of camera phones, youtube etc why have such extraordinary occurrences never ever been captured on tape, only dem say?
Re: Witches And Wizards by knockturnal(m): 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
Mudley313:

with the advent of camera phones, youtube etc why have such extraordinary occurrences never ever been captured on tape, only dem say?

The experience I was narrating happened about 22years ago, am sure even Bill Gates did not have a camera phone then not to talk of humble me.

1 Like

Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2013
knockturnal: Bill, I have seen an event that may qualify to fit into your question about withches and wizards. Still beyond my comprehension and liable to a sacarstic respone from you, I must say that yes; I have seen what must have been an incident that qualify as an example that witches do exist. I incidentally ran into a crowd where a snake was being killed. In front of my eyes, the snake 'metamorphosed'(for lack of a better word to describe was I saw) into a naked young lady. My senses were so repulsed by what I saw that I threw up repeatedly immediately after I beheld such anomally. The whole crowd dispersed with alarcrity. It was a pity I could not witness what happened to her eventually as I was draged home by my elder sister I was walking with.

Your story is an everyday possibility in the worlds of magic and occult art. Its Transmogrification. It is not wizardry that we hear of.
Remember the popular stories of a old witch flying with a broom stick ?
The story of wizard turning to an owl and hooting in the night ?
The story of a wizard sucking blood from sleeping innocents ?
I want such testimonies. A snake turning to a lady and Vice Versa is an art of common magic which has more to do with transmogrification
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 13, 2013
Billyonaire... Trust me i have experienced such.... A friend of mine whom i used to walk with then, told me he was a wizard, he told me he got initiated into withcraft at a very young age. i didn't believe him until he threw a note in the air and made it disappear... Abeg what do you call that one? I've even seen a guy whose joystick disappeared just because he picked N500 note... I wasnt there when it happened but i saw the guy's empty joystick spot.....PS: witches with broom sticks don't exist
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
Toluwarni: Billyonaire... Trust me i have experienced such.... A friend of mine whom i used to walk with then, told me he was a wizard, he told me he got initiated into withcraft at a very young age. i didn't believe him until he threw a note in the air and made it disappear... Abeg what do you call that one? I've even seen a guy whose joystick disappeared just because he picked N500 note... I wasnt there when it happened but i saw the guy's empty joystick spot.....PS: witches with broom sticks don't exist
Magic is different from Witchcraft I guess. Magic exists, wizards are myths.
Re: Witches And Wizards by mazaje(m): 11:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
Toluwarni: Billyonaire... Trust me i have experienced such.... A friend of mine whom i used to walk with then, told me he was a wizard, he told me he got initiated into withcraft at a very young age. i didn't believe him until he threw a note in the air and made it disappear... Abeg what do you call that one? I've even seen a guy whose joystick disappeared just because he picked N500 note... I wasnt there when it happened but i saw the guy's empty joystick spot.....PS: witches with broom sticks don't exist

You saw a guy who had his penissssss amputated as a result of accident or disease if truly you saw such a man and he claimed or lied that it was stolen because he stole 500 naira. . .Why don't we ever see video recordings of such of such fantastic events only hear say, and we know that hear say are completely unreliable. . .
Re: Witches And Wizards by mazaje(m): 11:42pm On Apr 13, 2013

You saw a woman turn into a snake, just as some people saw prophet Mohammed divide the moon into two halves or how a guy told me he was abducted by an alien, put into a space ship and taken to another planet(Am serious) He told me this with all seriousness and he is now a Scientologist because of what he said he experienced. . .The only thing I can tell you guys is to pls stop LYING. . .
Re: Witches And Wizards by kambo(m): 3:31am On Apr 14, 2013
if witches and wizards are real would you want to believe in them? the thoughts of them are unpleasant so you'd not like to even thnk about them. But does that affect their existence?
People say they saw this and that and others ar trying to tell them THEY DIDNT SEE IT?!
so you are the eyes of the people?! unh.
Others try to RE-EXPLAIN to the people what they saw - "no you really didnt see this you saw that"
Fact: IF YOU DONT WANT TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING no fact will convince you - you'll work your way around any proof or fact provided.
How much more do you want to be convinced that witches and wizards exists?
if one walks up to you and openly admits -- you'll give a spin to it
if one performs their acts - you'll give anoda spin to it
if one writes his confessions in a book - you'll say its a lie
etc..
Besides.. its UNCOOL believing in things like Witches and Wizards . just not cool. maybe
you can say Jesus , but not Witches and wizards...
so its UNCOOL to talk about the devil also
and its even UNCOOL to preach ..
and its uncool to SH*T TOO..
so we dont do these UNCOOL things .. and we wish they didnt exists...

1 Like

Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2013
Bill give your life to Christ and stop doubting his existence... Even the so called theory of evolution you atheists believe cannot be proven
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2013
Mudley313:

Bros you're supposed to be smarter than this na.... How are you supposed to know those things are gonna happen? So before you can tape them, they may have already happened
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2013
Toluwarni: Bill give your life to Christ and stop doubting his existence... Even the so called theory of evolution you atheists believe cannot be proven
Christ is a Title given to people who attain the Christ Consciousness, in Christianity, Christ means 'anointed one'. Now, which of the Christs should I give my life to ? Jesus, the Christ ? or Paul, the Christ ?
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Christ is a Title given to
people who attain the Christ Consciousness, in Christianity, Christ means 'anointed one'. Now, which of the Christs should I give my life to ? Jesus, the Christ ? or Paul, the Christ ?

Plz stop being sarcastic n insulting our sensibiliTies here
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2013
mobuch:

Plz stop being sarcastic n insulting our sensibiliTies here
Sensibility is a virtue, you do not have one, if you simply do not understand basic facts.
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Christ is a Title given to people who attain the Christ Consciousness, in Christianity, Christ means 'anointed one'. Now, which of the Christs should I give my life to ? Jesus, the Christ ? or Paul, the Christ ?
Bill.. I think we both know the Christ I'm talking about...Jesus Christ, the thing is you're trying so hard to prove there is no supernatural world, but you keep on confusing yourself... I've seen so many things. Jesus Loves you Bro. Even the so called science you rely on cannot be proven.. Evolution cannot be proven, Big bang theory is ridiculous...
You just gotta open your eyes to see the fact that there are things happening around us, supernatural things happen.
A crippled friend of mine, whom we went to a crusade together got healed immediately the pastor ;aid his hands on him, I din't believe in Miracles until i saw that Incident.. so bro. Start believing in Jesus Christ before it's too late, and stop doubting his existence.. cool
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2013
Toluwarni:
Bill.. I think we both know the Christ I'm talking about...Jesus Christ, the thing is you're trying so hard to prove there is no supernatural world, but you keep on confusing yourself... I've seen so many things. Jesus Loves you Bro. Even the so called science you rely on cannot be proven.. Evolution cannot be proven, Big bang theory is ridiculous...
You just gotta open your eyes to see the fact that there are things happening around us, supernatural things happen.
A crippled friend of mine, whom we went to a crusade together got healed immediately the pastor ;aid his hands on him, I din't believe in Miracles until i saw that Incident.. so bro. Start believing in Jesus Christ before it's too late, and stop doubting his existence.. cool
I know about supernatural realm cos I have been there, psychically anyway, and I think most of what you term wizardry is simply folklore and folktale compared to the advanced civilization out there.
Re: Witches And Wizards by baby124: 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2013
Everyone needs someone to blame for their wretchedness
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
baby_123: Everyone needs someone to blame for their wretchedness
I thought as much, I am yet to find someone who agrees to seeing a wizard or being one.
Re: Witches And Wizards by otipoju(m): 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Christ is a Title given to people who attain the Christ Consciousness, in Christianity, Christ means 'anointed one'. Now, which of the Christs should I give my life to ? Jesus, the Christ ? or Paul, the Christ ?
Billyonaire you don run come here con dey talk wetin you no sabi finish, the debate wey you start, you never finish am for that Jewish Man thread... You have not answered the questions that I posed to you. I will be chasing you up and down till you answer my questions ooo. Na you start am and so we must finish am. Or are you still reading up? If you finish let me know... Arm chair scientist wey dey disturb people wey dey go their own jeje.
Re: Witches And Wizards by otipoju(m): 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2013
Billyonaire: As expected, I could not see responses, cos obviously, no one has ever seen a witch, its mere speculation.
Oga Billyonaire come and respond to the questions that I asked you on Humanoids on that Jewish thread. Don't come and hide here!
Re: Witches And Wizards by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
Billyonaire: I know about supernatural realm cos I have been there, psychically anyway, and I think most of what you term wizardry is simply folklore and folktale compared to the advanced civilization out there.
Bill.. Advanced civilization ke? why you no snap am?? God is calling you today Bill.. Accept him and be saved

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Is Wicked And Over-rated / New Video: Tim Godfrey Ft Travis Greene – Nara {free Video Download} / There's A Force Darker Than Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.