Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,841 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (54454 Views)

Quotes From Spartacus, Movies And Series... / Spartacus:vengeance Is Out (discussion) / Any Spartacus : Blood And Sand Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by sucess001(m): 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
“Words fall from your mouth as sh.it from Ass.s”...Damn! Spartacus....Ebaaaaaano!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nickydrake(m): 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
I have not seen Game of Thrones, and I'm not at all hesitant to say that I have no desire to see it. Unless someone provides proof that somewhere in the series some guy spat words as sublime as the ones below from beloveth Batiatus:

That man has got his fingers in all the proper asshóles. He wiggles them and they shìt coin.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by RedLight1: 7:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nickydrake: I have not seen Game of Thrones, and I'm not at all hesitant to say that I have no desire to see it. Unless someone provides proof that somewhere in the series some guy spat words as sublime as the ones below from beloveth Batiatus:

game of throne has better IMDB ratings than spartacus and its 1 of the best 10 movie series of all time

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
ITbomb:
Series of movies , duh

There is nothing like series of movies. Series is a tv show that run continuously for several weeks. It can either be a drama or a reality show like American Idols.

While a movie/film is a motion picture that run for approximately 1 to 3 hrs.

Tv series actors/producers/writers win an Emmys or Golden globe, while their counterparts in Hollywood(Movie industry) win an Oscar.

That's the difference.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by UjSizzle(f): 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
Gunzilla: Loll..really some people are comparing Spartacus with Game of Thrones ?? The budget of a couple of GOT episodes is enough to shoot the whole 3 seasons of Spartacus.No real TV/Movie buff would rate Spartacus of Game of Thrones.Spartacus was shot in "green screen technology" in its entirety. Not a single frame was shot outdoors.Compare that with Game of thrones that was shot in locations all over the world.Also look at the costumes on GOT,the different sigils of each house,the attention to detail ? Also,where else but in Spartacus would you have men fighting bare-chested in the dead of winter and during a raging snowstorm ? Abeg!
I have my issues with GOT having read all the books and i believe that it can never be a satisfying series(in fact i believe that this season may be the last for GOT),but in terms of the sheer cinematic experience,conversation and maturity i'll take it over Spartacus any day.
all the books Really? How many are they?
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
GoT over Spartacus any day

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Jerryjat(m): 7:47pm On Apr 05, 2013
Koolking: Spartacus is a great movie. I have heard a lot about Game of Thrones. I downloaded season III yesterday. But I need to start from season 1 to understand what's up.

Ok
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by UjSizzle(f): 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
@Topic,
I'll take Game of Thrones any day. Spartacus is too extreme(both visuals and words) and i can't say I've learnt anything worthwhile from it. Couldn't even go past the first season.
GOT on the other hand is quite educative, has viewers appeal, creative in the craziest way.

My favourite quote is one from the Imp to Jon Snow:
Never forget who you are, the rest of the world will not; wear it like an armour, and it can never be used to hurt you

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
kevoh: Spartacus Yes! Game Of Thrones No! I'll still watch Game of thrones season 3 though when I am done with Spartacus but right now Spartacus Season 3 Episode 4 and 5 downloading.
By the way, there's no Spartacus Season 4 , na Alaba people dey call the present Spartacus wey dem dey show season 4. Spartacus season 3 finale will be shown on the 12th April 2013 any one that sells Spartacus season 3 to you as complete as at today is selling you fake or incomplete series.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand (Season 1)

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (Season 2)

Spartacus: Vengeance (Season 3)

Spartacus: War Of the Damned (Season 4)

Need I say more?

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nickydrake: I have not seen Game of Thrones, and I'm not at all hesitant to say that I have no desire to see it. Unless someone provides proof that somewhere in the series some guy spat words as sublime as the ones below from beloveth Batiatus:

you shït upon honorable agreements and press for fresh demands. tell me thracian, how will you pay for her release if found? hmm? her transport? do you shoot magic coins out of your aśs? if so, squat and produce.

batiatus is a legend....

Dan_de_Numeruno:

Need I say more?

gods of the arena is not season 2 - they just put that together to whet the appetite of the fans when andy whitfield died.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by karlnyeno: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
What is spartacus without de real spartacus? I stop with season 1 only, Immediately i know dat he was death?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Need I say more?

I 4 begin wonder oo!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by mrdrizzy(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

There is nothing like series of movies. Series is a tv show that run continuously for several weeks. It can either be a drama or a reality show like American Idols.

Tv series actors/producers/writers win an Emmys or Golden globe, while their counterparts in Hollywood(Movie industry) win an Oscar.

That's the difference.
lol help me tell am oh
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by horlajide: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
I've watched both.
Would go for SPARTACUS.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
coogar:

gods of the arena is not season 2 - they just put that together to whet the appetite of the fans when andy whitfield died.

If it's not season 2, how do you classify it then?
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by nitlad: 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2013
You can't beat Spartacus' wit!

It's also now influencing most commenters on Spartacus related forums and threads on the internet. People now chat as though they are in Batiatus' Ludus! (See Coogar's comments on this thread) grin

Waiting for tonight's episode to air! cool

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by ITbomb(m): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

There is nothing like series of movies. Series is a tv show that run continuously for several weeks.
:

And when it is no longer on TV show but now on DVD and each episode is a motion picture that runs approximately 1 to 3 hrs, can't I call each episode movie and the entire collection, series of Movies

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 8:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:
If it's not season 2, how do you classify it then?

it's a mini-series....
they had to fuse a story that preceded blood and sand so as to keep their fans happy and satisfied after andy died of cancer. vengeance picked up immediately from where blood and sand stopped. vengeance is season 2 and war of the damned is season 3.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by kevoh(m): 8:02pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Need I say more?

Better you said less.

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena is not, I repeat, is not Season 2 but a prequel to Spartacus Blood and Sand. It was used to tell us the events that happened before the season 1. Vengeance is the original Season 2 of Spartacus. Just type spartacus season 2 in Google search and tell me if it is Vengeance or Gods of the Arena you will get as season 2.

In your words : Need I say more?
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by mrdrizzy(m): 8:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Need I say more?
dnt be decieved..ur s3 was a mini series nt classified as series.its like an attachment to s2,ur so called season 3 was created..when the initial spartacus actor felt seriously ill and died of cancer..theres nothing lie season 4,only 1,2and 3...next time visit google b4 posting smh
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by cumpaddre(m): 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
"you counsel to su.ck d co.ck that pi.sses on me" -Quintus Lentilius Batiatus. #TeamSpartacus
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by femi4: 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
spartacus no reach season 4 now
This their new spartacus for season 3 no get action like Andy
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
nitlad: You can't beat Spartacus' wit!
It's also now influencing most commenters on Spartacus related forums and threads on the internet. People now chat as though they are in Batiatus' Ludus! (See Coogar's comments on this thread) grin

Waiting for tonight's episode to air! cool

jupiter's còck!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
ITbomb:
And when it is no longer on TV show but now on DVD and each episode is approximately 1 to 3 hrs, can't I call each episode movie and the entire collection, series of Movies

Nope. Technically it will be wrong to do so. Simply refer to them either as drama - because that is what they are, or soaps rather than calling them movies.

And an episode of a drama never exceeds 2 hours. Whenever it does so, it will cease being a drama.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by delors(m): 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
A man must accept his fate or be destroyed by it...

Spactacus anyday...anytime...
spactacus 9Andy and Lliam), Gannicus, Crixus, Doctore, Argron, Arshur, Nevia, Egyptian, Batiatus, Ceasar, Tiberius, Lucretia, those are correct actors.
I think GOT is too weak...The fights are poorly rehearsed, no action, just mouth...
Spactacus has more action, stunts, story line, variety, etc

The only correct guy in GOT, Khal Drogo, was killed like a common chicken...abeg, Spactacus any time joo

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2013
mr.drizzy:
dnt be decieved..ur s3 was a mini series nt classified as series.its like an attachment to s2,ur so called season 3 was created..when the initial spartacus actor felt seriously ill and died of cancer..theres nothing lie season 4,only 1,2and 3...next time visit google b4 posting smh

We are talking about season 2 and this one is talking about season 3. Now who looks like the fool. Continue shaking your head till you fell inside gutter.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by taharqa: 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2013
Are you guys kidding me? GAME OF THRONES trumps Spartacus by miles....abeg, that pesin wey say e don watch Season3, hw mi sef fit get am??

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by sucess001(m): 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
Check these lines from Doctore...

“A gladiator never fears death. He caresses it, kisses it...fu.cks it!”

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by kennyonthrone(m): 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
emilyone: spartacus all the way!
because of d dangling prick baa
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by ojj(m): 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
Spartacus rocks. forget nudity tinz.love the gore and battles. See fight nao, 300 tinz on point. grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by RedLight1: 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
taharqa: Are you guys kidding me? GAME OF THRONES trumps Spartacus by miles....abeg, that pesin wey say e don watch Season3, hw mi sef fit get am??
lol season 3 just begin ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Photos Of Tacha Using Perfume After Mercy Told Her She Is Smelling / BBNaija: Shouting Match Over Sanitary Pad In Kitchen / 50+ Examples Of Cartoon Logic That Will Make You Facepalm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.