Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (54497 Views)

Quotes From Spartacus, Movies And Series... / Spartacus:vengeance Is Out (discussion) / Any Spartacus : Blood And Sand Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
kevoh:

Better you said less.

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena is not, I repeat, is not Season 2 but a prequel to Spartacus Blood and Sand. It was used to tell us the events that happened before the season 1. Vengeance is the original Season 2 of Spartacus. Just type spartacus season 2 in Google search and tell me if it is Vengeance or Gods of the Arena you will get as season 2.

In your words : Need I say more?

You can do all the rationalizing in the world all you can, but the fact still remains that it came out the subsequent year after the first season. And as far as I'm concerned that makes it the second season. C'est fini.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by ITbomb(m): 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Nope. Technically it will wrong to do so. Simply refer to them either as drama - because that it what they are, or soaps rather than calling them movies.

And an episode of a drama never exceeds 2 hours. Whenever it does so, it will cease being a drama.
Shall we continue to fight?
Anyone can learn to fight. There's a time for fighting, and there's a time for singing.
Now you teach us to sing. Sing, Dan_de_Numeruno
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by nitlad: 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
Spartacus is the dog's bollocks! cool
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:
You can do all the rationalizing in the world you all can, but the fact still remains that it came out the subsequent year after the first season. And as far as I'm concerned that makes it the second season. C'est fini.

what's wrong with you people and your reluctance to take corrections? vengeance is season 2 - they did it to keep the fans going when andy died......without andy's death, there wouldn't have been a mini-series called gods of the arena!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by mrdrizzy(m): 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

We are talking about season 2 and this one is talking about season 3. Now who looks like the fool. Continue shaking your head till you fell inside gutter.
u lack manners.i was refering to d part dat there no s4 mumu.didnt u read d last part
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Darray(m): 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2013
Crassus:''Greed is, but a word the jealous inflicted on the ambitious''. Can u beat that?

Just one episode of Spartacus got me yearning for more. Infact, I cant wait to download E09 of WOTD.

GOT on the other hand took a lot of persuasion to get me hooked, even after the first episode. Waiting for the S03E02 on Monday. But I must confess, Spartacus sparks up more excitement for me. Need to set hand to purpose for E09 grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by mrdrizzy(m): 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2013
coogar:

what's wrong with you people and your reluctance to take corrections? vengeance is season 2 - they did it to keep the fans going when andy died......without andy's death, there wouldn't have been on gods of the arena!
help me ask d boy oh.he didnt even visit google.just talking bluntly
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
Back to the topic, Game of thrones is the series to watch. Spartacus will never, and I repeat never touch it's magnificence.

Spartacus is low rent and crass, while Game of thrones is more complicated. A bit crass but also glorious. Hallelujah!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by pweeryambre: 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2013
Methinks Spartacules should be compared to Rome
Game of thrones should be compared to Tudors.
What do u guys think?

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
coogar:

what's wrong with you people and your reluctance to take corrections? vengeance is season 2 - they did it to keep the fans going when andy died......without andy's death, there wouldn't have been a mini-series called gods of the arena!

You never answered my previous question. How do you then classify the seasonless Gods of the Arena. If you give me a satisfactory answer, I will hold my peace and accept correction.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
mr.drizzy:
help me ask d boy oh.he didnt even visit google.just talking bluntly

E bi like say you discovered Google just of recent. Now person no go fit hear word again. Na wao.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by tspun(m): 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
boron10:
You're such a bore
that is me for u. Wat plesure do u derive from watchin spatacus is it d sex scene or the violence or d film trick come on grow up boy.....
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: Back to the topic, Game of thrones is the series to watch. Spartacus will never, and I repeat never touch it's magnificence.

Spartacus is low rent and crass, while Game of thrones is more complicated. A bit crass but also glorious. Hallelujah!

does this not have to do with the respective stories they have based the TV series on? who cares about what budget or how complicated a show is?

Dan_de_Numeruno:
You never answered my previous question. How do you then classify the seasonless Gods of the Arena. If you give me a satisfactory answer, I will hold my peace and accept correction.

it's a mini-series.
gods of the arena have about 5-6 episodes(shorter than blood/sand, vengeance and war of the damned). it was quickly put together and developed to fill the void. the fans had to be kept happy!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by bolakale30(m): 8:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
the gods yet favour spartacus... spartacus will send GOT to the afterlife.... why the comparison sef ? jupiter's fucking c.0.ck

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
bolakale30: the gods yet favour spartacus... spartacus will send GOT to the afterlife.... why the comparison sef ? jupiter's fucking c.0.ck

GOT should better accept it's fate or be destroyed by it.....

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by saviola77(m): 8:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
Game of thrones it is!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by bknight: 8:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
Spartacus is a collector's item.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
coogar:

does this not have to do with the respective stories they have based the TV series on? who cares about what budget or how complicated a show is?

I do, thank you very much. Any time I wanna watch something, either a drama or movie, I habitually wikipedied the budget just to see if it's worth my time. If it does, then expect fire works. If it doesn't expect a lot of s.ex scenes and exaggerated violence.

Why do they do this? Simple: They want to attract audience to their show at all cost. Spartacus is a typical example...no offence.

coogar:
it's a mini-series.
gods of the arena have about 5-6 episodes(shorter than blood/sand, vengeance and war of the damned). it was quickly put together and developed to fill the void. the fans had to be kept happy!!

I know it's a min-series, but where does it stands actually. Does it stand alone on it's own, or was it attached to another season?
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Hummingbird: 8:48pm On Apr 05, 2013
uj_sizzle: @Topic,
I'll take Game of Thrones any day. Spartacus is too extreme(both visuals and words) and i can't say I've learnt anything worthwhile from it. Couldn't even go past the first season.
GOT on the other hand is quite educative, has viewers appeal, creative in the craziest way.

My favourite quote is one from the Imp to Jon Snow:
Never forget who you are, the rest of the world will not; wear it like an armour, and it can never be used to hurt you
Tyrion Lannister...I love his character...very wise man...
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 8:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:
I do, thank you very much. Any time I wanna watch something, either a drama or movie, I habitually wikipedied the budget just to see if it's worth my time. If it does, then expect fire works. If it doesn't expect a lot of s.ex scences and exaggerated violence.

Why do they do this? Simple: They want to attract audience to their show at all cost. Spartacus is a typical example...no offence.

it seems you don't know how rome was in those days? all the things they have showed you were the things that happened in that era. watch rome season 1 and 2 and see if there's any difference. little did you know spartacus was actually based on a true story.....

I know it's a min-series, but where does it stands actually. Does it stand alone on it's own, or was it attached to another season?

it's a stand alone....
they worked out something for the fans and they went back to develop stories about how some of the characters in season 1 came to be. without andy's death, they wouldn't have made gods of the arena!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by bknight: 8:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
Darray: Crassus:''Greed is, but a word the jealous inflicted on the ambitious''. Can u beat that?

Bro dat line caught me, I had to pause it there to write dat line. Verbatim goes thus:
"Greed is but a word the jealous man inflicts upon the ambitious"

Crassus goes on, thus:
"Each believes himself a hero, the other a villain. Only history will tell which one of them is wrong"
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
coogar:

it seems you don't know how rome was in those days? all the things they have showed you were the things that happened in that era. watch rome season 1 and 2 and see if there's any difference. little did you know spartacus was actually based on a true story.....

I watched Rome all right. But the level of nudity in Rome is no where as extreme as that of Spartacus. And violence in Rome is almost non-existent...at least not up to Spartacus caliber.

Anyways, brains behind the series are using the immoral history of Roman empire to lure audience to their show with those tempting graphics on offer.

coogar: it's a stand alone....
they worked out something for the fans and they went back to develop stories about how some of the characters in season 1 came to be. without andy's death, they wouldn't have made gods of the arena!

Noted.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by muyeindaclub(m): 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
Doctore - "She is a woman; a delicate
creature at the best ... They are moved by desires unknown by the men who place trust in them''.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by 50calibre(m): 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

If it's not season 2, how do you classify it then?

It is classified as a prequel. It goes back in time to show the inception of crixus, gannicus, ashur as gladiators, also the inception of oenamaeus as doctore and Batiatus as lanista
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
coogar:

Point of correction, Andy wasn't dead yet when God's of the Arena was released. I agree that it is not a full season on it's own but it was put up when Andy took ill after being diagnosed of cancer. He later died in september 2011, 7 months after the premiere of Gods of the Arena, and while d production of The Vengeance had started already.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
Is this a serious argument? Spartacus can never garner respected awards like Primetime Emmys or Golden Globes or ever be lauded with favourable critical reviews in the same way shows like GOT or Rome are/were. It's like comparing a warm beer (Spartacus) to a crisp champagne (GOT). Like warm beer, Spartacus is occasionally desired but by no means is it the pinnacle of series viewership. It's not a great series; it's a cheap thrill that favours style over substance. It's like comparing WWE wrestling to serious pro boxing. We know which one is a cheap joke.

Those that think Spartacus is great probably think garbage like Legend of the Seeker, or Merlin are great series.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Krucifax(m): 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
FVCK THE GODS! BY JUPITER'S C0CK, SPARTACUS ANYDAY MAN!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:
I watched Rome all right. But the level of nudity in Rome is no where as extreme as that of Spartacus. And violence in Rome is almost non-existent...at least not up to Spartacus caliber.

Anyways, brains behind the series are using the immoral history of Roman empire to lure audience to their show with those tempting graphics on offer.

you would be surprised 80% of spartacus fans watch it because of the dialogue......violence and nüdity is the least attractive feature!

quotes like this is the reason many people love spartacus - the dialogue at every point in time was super-class. GOT cannot match such wits....

batiatus - not every venture ends in a climax
lucretia - a fact well known to every woman
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by UjSizzle(f): 9:14pm On Apr 05, 2013
bknight:

Bro dat line caught me, I had to pause it there to write dat line. Verbatim goes thus:
"Greed is but a word the jealous man inflicts upon the ambitious"

Crassus goes on, thus:
"Each believes himself a hero, the other a villain. Only history will tell which one of them is wrong"
damn me likey smiley

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
50calibre:

I'm the famous words of Quintus Lentulus Batiatus. " Once again the gods spread the cheeks to ram co*k in f*ckingg a*sss"

Doctore - "you attack as you would a man, theokeles is beyond flesh, beyond blood and bones, he is the shadow that precedes death. Allow him to fall upon you alone and you are dead"

Gannicus- "The blood rains down From an angry sky...My cock rages on ...My cock rages on... grin grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
DanoskyZ:
Point of correction, Andy wasn't dead yet when God's of the Arena was released. I agree that it is not a full season on it's own but it was put up when Andy took ill after being diagnosed of cancer. He later died in september 2011, 7 months after the premiere of Gods of the Arena, and while d production of The Vengeance had started already.

The opportunity to produce Gods of the Arena emerged when the second season of Spartacus was halted while lead actor Andy Whitfield battled Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

BBNaija: Shouting Match Over Sanitary Pad In Kitchen / 50+ Examples Of Cartoon Logic That Will Make You Facepalm / Bisola Gets A Letter From Single Mothers Association For Giving TTT MouthAction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.