Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. (27709 Views)

My Wedding Pixs / My Wedding Pictures. / My Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by emm2k3: 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2013
Thanks so much guys for reading and responding to this post. First of all, thanks so much thanks for the wishes. I really appreciate them! Secondly, I'd like us to keep in mind the reason I wrote this which I stated clearly at the start. REVIEWS!!! I for one consider reviews before I make up my mind to buy a product or use a service. Someone asked for pictures or specifications. I decided not to respond personally to you. The decoration was worse than I have made it sound! We agreed on all the items I mentioned, that's what forms the decoration isn't it? If those things are missing It would GLARE IN MY FACE!!!!! Again Like I said earlier, APPROPRIATE DAMAGE CONTROL!!!!!
xykms101[/b]if you're a relative to one of these persons I mentioned or you have a business I hope you learn from this. When you screw people over, do all in your power to unscrew your mess!!!And do it [b]POLITELY!!!!. Someones wedding day is not a JOKE!!!!!!
If we can start by correcting these LITTLE THINGS[/b]that some people see as the order of the day in Nigeria, then our problems are half way [b]SOLVED!!!!. Again thank you all for the wishes and contributions!

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by adconline(m): 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2013
emm2k3: Hi all,

Tomorrow all these folks who failed to deliver and lied about it would be at the church praying for Nigeria and their family in distress. Problem with Nigerians is that hard to say I cannot do it or I have neve done when it comes services. I took my car a a Dunlop service centre in Lagos , the place looks good like what can you find in most develop countries , the mechanic didn't know to remove my rear shoe brake and started telling I got the wrong one since it did not come with springs. He said that I should buy another one from their " recommended vendors" unknown to him that my relative had purchased the parts overseas with correct vin number. When I told him that he didn't know how to do it and I saw how he was struggling, he became defensive and started telling me how he was a God fearing person. I asked him to stop and asked that only my plugs be changed, he was excited to tell me that I had brought original plugs, then I told that I got the spark plugs and brake pads, shoes together from one source, so how come the brake shoes are inferior and spark plugs are original?

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by RealMccoy2(m): 4:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
Happy married life. Those diasporans planning on moving back should get first hand experience from this author. Business dealings in naija comes with a price tag and choice. Congrats! !!!
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by StateOfMind: 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude:

That is why in the past, credit in English language WAEC was prerequisite to gaining university admission.

Where the fvck in my post did you see the bolded part of your tripe. Assuming little prick angry

Olodo..the last time I checked, credit in english language is still a prerequisite to gaining university admission..those friends\relatives of yours who failed english language and found their way in the university got fake admission, go ask them.

Back to my post, you already concluded big wedding is a lady's thing by sending your warning to the ladies alone. Why not simply put "this is a warning to you intending couples, If you want a big wedding bla d bla d bla".

Dazzall I'm on about.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
eastOFwest:

Please do you, or anyone here,know anybody in PH who can make trendy traditional menswear? Thanks.
Sorry, I don't.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by SisiKill1: 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
StateOfMind:

Here we go again.

What has this got to do with warning to ladies? Why would you just conclude all big\large weddings are ladies' wish? What if the husband's side has more crowd or do you think its just the ladies' friends\ladies' families that are guests?

Disappointment has nothing to do with the number of guests. If you deal with the wrong set of people, no matter the monitoring, you'll get disappointed. Even a birthday party with less than 30guests can turn out to be a flop if its handled by non-professionals n people who love to disappoint.

You were lucky you had trustworthy people to work with.

God Bless you!!!

Condescending disrespectful pricks! They just open their mouths and say crap about women.

When there is an incident about a guy misbehaving, it is never generalized but when it's a woman. . .it becomes all ladies. What's even more annoying is how they always find a way to indict women no matter what the topic is about

Someone is discussing her bad experience with event planners, it becomes women wanting big weddings. Let another person start a topic about bird poop on their car, somehow....someway these ejits will find away to make it about all ladies leaving you wondering what goes on in their tiny brains. undecided

@ OP
I can't count how many stories like yours I've heard. Imagine an event planner booking 4 gigs in one day....and these events are not at different times in the day oh and it's not like she has a huge staff she can dispatch to these places. . .it's her, her younger sister whose friends sometimes do hosting duties for her and half the time, she is not sure they will show up. (Her one full time staffer left when she refused to train that one because she didn't want her taking her business). With all of that in the equation,she books 4 events and take money from these people...knowing full when it is not within her capability.

I've finally concluded that these people aren't about quality, it is quantity with them. . .they like to be able to say they did so so amount of weddings in one day. Meanwhile the four people whose day you have ruined are raining curses on your head then when people to patronizing them, they say it is some wicked step mother from the village.

It's just appalling! Do one and put in 100% instead of 4 where you can barely put 5%.

Anyhoo, as much I understand your frustration at those that didn't deliver, I think it would have been better to discuss those who did FIRST. . .reward them by giving them top billing, they deserve it no?

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by megareal: 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2013
Op, I can relate. My wedding was in Dec and I got so frustrated by my decorator, half the things we agreed on wasn't provided. My friends and cousins had to help out in decoration cos she wasnt doing it well and was late. She nearly fought my sister and was busy cursing everyone left and centre. I went late for my wedding cos I had to stay back at the venue when I realised she wasn't going to give me the arrangements I wanted. I had to show my team what I wanted and God bless my wonderful girl's protocol team cos they saved the day.Thankfully, food was okay cos my mum personally contracted the caterer. Mc was shyte. Committe of friends were clueless. My maid of honour was completely useless. DJ spoiled my march in song and our theme song. Yet it was still beautiful cos of my wonderful sister who took charge of everything and guided it successfully. I also found a sister in my younger colleague who ran with my dreams and made it work.I still thank God cos it would have been worse.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by devour129: 5:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
Thank God ,in my own case we could afford a wedding planner and I used enysits or something.cant remember the name but the owner is ndi obioha and I went to sleep,she did everything from iv -hall-food,cake ,bridal train etc.and she wAs fab! I see her nowadays on blogs so I guess she is very big now. It shows that if you are good you will go places
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
StateOfMind:

Olodo..the last time I checked, credit in english language is still a prerequisite to gaining university admission..those friends\relatives of yours who failed english language and found their way in the university got fake admission, go ask them.

Back to my post, you already concluded big wedding is a lady's thing by sending your warning to the ladies alone. Why not simply put "this is a warning to you intending couples, If you want a big wedding bla d bla d bla".

Dazzall I'm on about.

Daz all .... cheesy
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by greatdave(m): 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
No wonder 2face went to Dubai!
...nd 4 al y'all that av to quote d entire post b4 commenting,...Nsu rapa unu!
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 06, 2013
My wedding was a small one . . didn't want a lot of crowd so we only invited a few people. Everything went well. The caterers, decorators and rental company were awesome. Everybody did a great job.

The terrible experience I had was at my daughter’s 1 year birthday! sad sad sad

Where do I start? All I can say is that whoever originated the saying “do not put all your eggs in one basket” was a genius! The most annoying part was that I had already made my plans, contacted a caterer for the cake and another one for the meals. Contacted a DJ and a decorator.

When my friend told me about the children’s party planner in town, I decided to meet him and let him handle the children’s games, mascots and party favours. But when I met him, he appeared soo responsible. Claimed he had a daughter too and loves children. Children’s party was his specialty. He bakes, caterers, has a DJ and all that stuff . . he generally impressed him and I decided to give him a chance.

We discussed and negotiated a price for EVERYTHING. He insisted I have to pay 100% before the party. My husband didn’t care, was just glad the stress was off me so he paid!

The trouble started the day before the party, it was a Saturday and I was supposed to show him where I live so he can plan how to set up. He called me very early to say he had and emergency and was travelling out of town but will send his ‘brother’ to my place. He swore he’ll be back for the party the following day. No wahala!
The brother came and we discussed and settled everything!

Party morning . . . . No brother, no party planner. We planned to started the music by 9 but as at 11 am, I hadn't seen anybody. No music, no food, no cake, no mascots, nothing! angry angry

12 noon, guest started to arrive, no food. I had lost it by then. Finally the brother arrived with the cake and the DJ. I saw the cake and I actually cried. cry cry The cakes were sooo terrible and ugly. Looked very local and completely un-presentable. What annoys me the most till date, was that I gave him pictures of the cakes to replicate and he messed the whole thing up! Worst part was that he was NO WHERE to be found! It was too late for me to do anything so we decided to use it like that.

Then the DJ came to request for fuel for their generator. WTF! shocked shocked It’s not enough that you came late, you have to request for fuel? I was soo irritated that I gave him a piece of my mind. Come see forming oh, he actually refused to play! I had to call the foolish planner to talk to his DJ. At that point I didn't even care to ask him about his whereabouts anymore! The DJ took another hour getting fuel! angry angry

Luckily my husband arranged for the cooling van himself so there were drinks to serve people. Food finally arrived around 1.30pm and OMG it hurts to remember. He actually sub-contracted to this local caterer. The food quality was very poor. The serving dishes were all old and dirty looking. But I no longer cared, they just served them that way. Thank God for my sisters. They managed to keep me sane!

Eventually the party picked up. The DJ got his acts together and did a wonderful job. The MC was excellent, the party favours were ok and the games were interesting.

But when I look at the pictures now all I see are the horrible cakes. cry cry cry

The planner guy NEVER showed up! angry

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
xykms101: abeg go siddon for hot stone, stingy moro.n. Uk based my foot besides welcome to naija where people do unscrupulous to stingy people.

Infact you need to be sued for trying to tarnish someone's image. Give us the pictures of that hall and let's how horrible as you claimed.
I don't know which is more disturbing: that someone who supposedly has a functional brain typed this piece of crap or that 4 people actually liked it.

Pathetic, really pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by tracyxx: 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
@op,weddings are more than d physical,all preparations shld always b put in prayers.Mine was my DJ,dat guy was sometin else.he actually did my trad which was a day to d weddin.On d mornin of d weddin i got a text frm him sayin i shld look 4 someone else 4 he wont b comin because my sis annoyed him.I was paranoid n was callin him but he refused to pick.i tried lookin 4 anoda DJ dat mornin bt dey were all booked. i decided to leave to church n believed dat my sis will b able to fix dat,
surprisinly,i saw him @ d reception,but afta tellin him its strickly xtain song i wanted n even picked the songs i wanted, he jus played his own songs nt even any song i picked. Well tank God nw because it a thing of d past n i cant remember watchin d video afta once.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by achi4u(m): 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2013
@op I love the way you calmed and handled the situation,most of todays girls cant see it the way you see it...by not cursing some confusion upon confusion.
HMLgrin

As for me,I'll handle most of the things myself like what pDude guy said...!
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by obuxwenex: 4:50am On Apr 07, 2013
@ Poster, you directly told me how my wedding went in Nigeria. It's sad that folks who claim to be professionals in their field and who derive a living by what they do will become animalistic and unreasonable because they want to make money. My MC behaved like yours cos he had another wedding to cover in Bonny and tot he could rush mine and catch the other but when we started dancing and it was unending, he kidnapped himself. This MC is called Romeo Without Juliet and I advice anyone to look out for another. He is so unprofessional, uncouth, money conscious, and a big disaster. I came into Nigeria 3 days to my wedding and didn't have time to meet all the people involved cos it was in December and traffic/network was horrible. Every business participant was about how much money they can squeeze and not how much they can wow me.. Really sad! My decoration guy who is very close to me collected money for fruit tree and chocolate fountain but didn't do nothing..
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by ladygogo: 7:27am On Apr 07, 2013
Wedding in Nigeria? A'int nobody got time for that.

its so funny i used to be an advocate of having a wedding in Nigeria.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by pek(m): 7:28am On Apr 07, 2013
@xykms101. You are a big fool! Sorry, a very big fool. One, for quoting the whole write up and two, for that nonsense you wrote.

4 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Francuiz: 8:18am On Apr 07, 2013
ajos:
SO GOODLUCK WANT TO GIVE BOKO HARAM AMNESTY..............?
guy u d f up o. Why u go quote d whole tin
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 07, 2013
I actually read this with so much fun n amusement thinking my own wedding was worst. Now I have cause 2 thank God. My white wedding was something else, first d guy 2 come n pack my hair n d girls came late. My make up artist, my gf came late so I was rushing so wouldn't b late cos I was warned by the officiating minister that if I come late no wedding 4 me. During reception, the DJ sent a novice that didn't know how 2 change tracks so the guy played only 4 songs in the entire reception. He would actually play one 2 finish b4 it ll automatically selects another. It was wen d reception was over n d guess had gone that I saw d DJ walked passed n I told my hubby see ur DJ n he was like is he d one. I replied so u don't even know him, I said we won't pay his balance. My hubby replied that he has been paid in full. Cos I trusted d woman my hubby gave the cake so I didn't get 2 c d cake. Guys come n see d colour of my cake. It was like asking someone to buy u purple lipstick n she comes with a Lilac. But I thank God I insisted on handling d food, I contracted it 2 an aunty who is a professional caterer n she gave me guest d best meal suited 4 d purpose. Decoration was good just that d decorator didn't return d car early so I almost drove in keke b4 d driver surface. Someone suggested family, I will advise that u trust ur family first b4 u allow them 2 handle it 4 u. For my trad I heard drinks weren't enough cos family members were hoarding it. Just bkful, hope 4 d best n prepare 4 d worst. There r few good people with conscience out there. Don't trust too much even if they are siblings. My one cent.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 07, 2013
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by xykms101: 11:12am On Apr 07, 2013
emm2k3: Thanks so much guys for reading and responding to this post. First of all, thanks so much thanks for the wishes. I really appreciate them! Secondly, I'd like us to keep in mind the reason I wrote this which I stated clearly at the start. REVIEWS!!! I for one consider reviews before I make up my mind to buy a product or use a service. Someone asked for pictures or specifications. I decided not to respond personally to you. The decoration was worse than I have made it sound! We agreed on all the items I mentioned, that's what forms the decoration isn't it? If those things are missing It would GLARE IN MY FACE!!!!! Again Like I said earlier, APPROPRIATE DAMAGE CONTROL!!!!!
xykms101[/b]if you're a relative to one of these persons I mentioned or you have a business I hope you learn from this. When you screw people over, do all in your power to unscrew your mess!!!And do it [b]POLITELY!!!!. Someones wedding day is not a JOKE!!!!!!
If we can start by correcting these LITTLE THINGS[/b]that some people see as the order of the day in Nigeria, then our problems are half way [b]SOLVED!!!!. Again thank you all for the wishes and contributions!
whatever jagz, but we know your type *british brainwashed* you never liked any services rendered by blacks. If you really want us to bliv the poo yu put up here, upload the d damn pics.

I know for sure that you were forced to come down home for yur wedding and these are silly excuses to justify your point of having your weddding in the uk, anywayz go and tell that to your family members not us. I don't buy this and I would never.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by LadyGeorge(f): 11:25am On Apr 07, 2013
Monzuur: My future wify u mad nee!!! Must I date everybody before u come?
u funy no be small, dnt mind her she is on her way
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by xykms101: 11:47am On Apr 07, 2013
ItsModella:
I don't know which is more disturbing: that someone who supposedly has a functional brain typed this piece of crap or that 4 people actually liked it.

Pathetic, really pathetic.
Smh!

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by enlady(f): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
xykms101: I don't know why many of you are so dum.b and local, things Op complained of happen everywhere, when you couldn't spend and you want to have a lavish party. If the Op want us to believe her story,she should upload the hall pictures for people to assess since u want us to beware of slow ice and ma'am j.

shattap! Close that trap you call a mouth.

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by emm2k3: 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2013
I will not respond to your jumbles. You have shown the kind of person you are by your choice of words! I have shared my experience. If you are one of these persons, or you are a relative and can't deal with the truth, TOUGH! If you are guilty of the sort of thing myself and other people have shared here and you can't deal with the truth, TOUGH!!!Either way I've shared my experience and there's nothing you can do but rant because the TRUTH HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xykms101: whatever jagz, but we know your type *british brainwashed* you never liked any services rendered by blacks. If you really want us to bliv the poo yu put up here, upload the d damn pics.

I know for sure that you were forced to come down home for yur wedding and these are silly excuses to justify your point of having your weddding in the uk, anywayz go and tell that to your family members not us. I don't buy this and I would never.

Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Airpure(f): 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2013
Whoa so sorry to hear about your experience .i learned early that it wise to make only a 70% initial deposit. that keeps them focused.

the woman i paid to do my child's birthday cake delivered a cake that had already gone bad,yes the cake design was perfect but it was all film trick. i was so embarrassed when his school called me. anyway by the time i sent her a well constructed text message telling her how i was so disappointed that she should take up another hobby (her husband is rich) she dropped a full refund with my gate man the next day. i sent cupcaked to my child's school d next day.only luck was the cake looked grt in pic.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by ladygogo: 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2013
That xysmk whatever really does have a problem. Maybe the mumu is one of the numerous unprofessional wedding vendors in Nigeria.

Thanks for this post op.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by okwele1(f): 10:20pm On Apr 07, 2013
congratulations & thank God it all went well
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by Partteen: 1:38am On Apr 08, 2013
@Op....this is why you need an event person to plan your day. Don't underestimate their competence. It is very important especially for folks abroad coming home for their weddings. They understand the terrain and can put you through. Dat way only one person is responsible for whatever flaws you experience on the day.
Re: My Wedding Experience In Port Harcourt, Nigeria. by obuxwenex: 4:49am On Apr 08, 2013
[quote author=tracyxx]@op,weddings are more than d physical,all preparations shld always b put in prayers.Mine was my DJ,dat guy was sometin else.he actually did my trad which was a day to d weddin.On d mornin of d weddin i got a text frm him sayin i shld look 4 someone else 4 he wont b comin because my sis annoyed him.I was paranoid n was callin him but he refused to pick.i tried lookin 4 anoda DJ dat mornin bt dey were all booked. i decided to leave to church n believed dat my sis will b able to fix dat,
surprisinly,i saw him @ d reception,but afta tellin him its strickly xtain song i wanted n even picked the songs i wanted, he jus played his own songs nt even any song i picked. Well tank God nw because it a thing of d past n i cant remember watchin d video afta once.[/quote

ROMEO WITHOUT JULIET is a scam MC. Flee away from him if you want a professional MC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nick B Thrills Abuja Residents With Pool Party 'The Blade' (Photos) / Most Beautiful Girl In LASU Embarks On A Community Project: #saynotorape / Bride Delivers Baby Hours To Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.