Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos (2856 Views)

Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved / Amazing!!! How You Can Easily Make Over N200K Every Single Month With No Capital / ADVICE : Listed My Item On Ebay, Got A Bidder, Items No More Available. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by Jino(f): 1:26am On Apr 04, 2008
Hi everyone, just got back from Lagos and had to share this with you all.  Amazing!!! My cousin took me to a shop in Lagos where everything was N500.  I could not believe my eyes really, we got stuff from Mothercare (the labels and price still on), shoes, clothes and toiletries.

Nigerians are really amazing!!!  How can they sell stuff so cheap? From the UK oh! not even China.  I really enjoyed the experience of shopping there but it got me really worried about my plans to open a shop in Calabar.  It will be impossible to compete with that sort of pricing.

Any business tips would be appreciated.  Are there lots of shops in Nigeria now selling at these cut-throat prices??

1 Like

Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by damola1: 1:29am On Apr 04, 2008
where is this place?
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by Jino(f): 1:43am On Apr 04, 2008
It is in an arcade in Ogba but I cannot remember the name. It is opposite the Blue X hospital.
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by damola1: 1:45am On Apr 04, 2008
ok thanks, I know that arcade, however will need to ask around for the N500 store, tks for the piece of info.
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by Arnold1(m): 1:56am On Apr 04, 2008
hi Jino

sorry for going off topic, I was just curious to know how the roads were in the ogba area and lagos in
general. Any improvements ?  I haven't been home in a while and the roads around that area were
pretty bad then.

Many thanks.  wink
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by Jino(f): 2:21am On Apr 04, 2008
Actually the roads were fine, not too much traffic. I stayed with my cousin in Adeniyi Jones and she took me to this shop. We
drove for maybe 15mins? She did say they were done recently but the rains came down and,

Nigerian contractors for you there.
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by Jino(f): 2:24am On Apr 04, 2008
damola1:
if you know the arcade then you should find it no prob.  The shop is inside the Arcade on the ground floor - do you live in Ogba?

Because my cousin said everyone in Ikeja goes there but they do not tell the Island people. Lol.
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:59am On Apr 04, 2008
Could someone please give directions i'd love to have my own share o grin
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:00am On Apr 04, 2008
Could someone please give directions i'd love to have my own share o grin
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by Jino(f): 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2008
Hello

okay everyone, here is the address of the shop - Shop 19 Ogba Shopping Arcade, Ijaiye Rd Ogba Ikeja.

opposite Blue cross hospital or some eatery (Tastee maybe, not sure). The shop is on the ground floor and there is parking. It is open everyday except Sunday until about 6pm.

I was there on Tuesday so it is defn. still operating and everything in the shop was being sold for N500
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by N4s1(m): 10:24pm On Apr 04, 2008
grin This sounds serious, do they sell cars there?
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by Jino(f): 10:16am On Apr 05, 2008
and why would you ask that or , are you Trying to be funny undecided
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by vividgate: 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2008
Can someone please define EVEYTHING on this post?What kind of goods do they have in the store because at my bus stop u can buy almost anything with N500 e.g shoes,shirts,slippers,watches,wall clocks etc
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by Jino(f): 4:29am On Aug 07, 2008
Unbelievable, the shop is still there. Could not resist checking it out on my recent trip.
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by babyx(f): 11:54am On Aug 07, 2008
@JINO
The shop is still there?, u didnt mention if the PRICE of items have changed, or has it not?
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by Jino(f): 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2008
The price of the items are still N500 each and the selection/variety was very impressive. Kudos to the owners as it just goes to show that there are still Nigas with hearts. I think people just go there all the time cos it was still as packed with customers as the first time I went there.

As for this shop, you have to visit it to believe it,
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by ajayi1(m): 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2008
I C, Will they be there this Saturday? and let me know what they sell at that price?
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by jaydude(f): 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2008
ii dnt undastand wot kind of thread this is.how can every tin b 500? do they sell human beings there?? u guys please specify!!!
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by stkris(m): 3:59am On Aug 26, 2008
jaydude:

ii dnt undastand wot kind of thread this is.how can every tin b 500? do they sell human beings there?? u guys please specify!!!
abi smiley
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by kay8080: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2008
wht is the address of this shop so that me too can benefit from it now, thats sud be the most important part of the info, Location or has the the stuff ended
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by beecrofty(m): 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2008
is there anybody who can confirm this?
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by justramon: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2008
h
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by goodguy(m): 5:22pm On Nov 06, 2008
It's November already, and I'm curious - do items there still sell for N500? Is this shop still operating at all?

By the way, I noticed the poster (Jino) has clearly avoided the question boggling the minds of many here (inadvertently, perhaps) - Pray tell, what exactly are the "every single item" being sold in this 'mystery shop'? An explicit response to this pertinent question will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by aladesuyi(m): 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2008
yes ooooooooooooooo,its still there
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by Afribiz(f): 1:22pm On Nov 12, 2008
What manner of shop is that where[b] EVERYTHING [/b] goes for N500?shocked You mean a blazer suit of say N8,000, or a standing fan of about N4,000 could be obtained for N500 . We need more explanation please.

All those of you asking for address, i pray you'll be able to come out of the so called shop safe and sound. Let's be wise abeg, awoof dey run belle.
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by MrCrackles(m): 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2008
Afribiz:

What manner of shop is that where[b] EVERYTHING [/b] goes for N500? shocked You mean a blazer suit of say N8,000, or a standing fan of about N4,000 could be obtained for N500 We need some more explanation please.

All those of you asking for address, i pray you'll be able to come out of the so called shop save and sound. Let's be wise abeg, awoof dey run belle.

exactly what i was thinking here! grin
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by nyta(f): 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2008
i came across the shop when i was doing an official assignment at ogba shopping arcade.people the things they sell are mainly toys,children stuffs,party decorations and all those pety things.
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by aparo(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2008
Great! At least I know where I would be going this Saturday to buy my Dell Inspiron. I was almost going to Computer Richo for it. Thank you for this post! shocked
wink grin
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by NaijaEcash(m): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2008
@aparo

shocked Are you sure of you want to buy a laptop that is offered at 500naira?
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by ztyle(m): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2008
NaijaEcash- which level na where u want dey get lappy 4 N500? lol ! grin
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by Holyrule(m): 5:17am On Dec 02, 2008
For crying out loud,this post was made since April.
Re: Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos by NaijaEcash(m): 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2008
@ztyle
Na aparo wan buy lappy for #500 grin Me already get laptop wey i dey manage

I asked if he really want a laptop that is offered for such amount. (for sure it will be an obsolete junk-box)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rice Business: Share Your Experience / Printing On Pure Water Sachet Nylon / Feeling Sad Because Of Glo Poor Recharge Cards(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.