Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 (6486 Views)

PILLING:CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TRIPLET WITH BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / Construction Process Of A Wing Duplex+flat At Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 9:52am On Apr 06, 2013
Hello people.

I have observed how educational it is when information is shared freely, both for the sharer, through constructive criticisms, and for the viewer. Kudos to the veterans of property section who pioneered the documentation of construction processes on Nairaland. I have viewed all your threads.

The project that will be displayed here has been completed, but I will try to recreate the construction process in pictures, and explain as much as I can from memory.

Please forgive any lapses. New projects will be updated live henceforth.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 10:01am On Apr 06, 2013
The project was for the remodelling of a rundown 5 bedroom duplex with BQ. My team came up with the design, and after several design modifications and iterations, we got the go ahead to proceed.

This is the proposed design that was approved, alongside the before and after images.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 10:11am On Apr 06, 2013
Unfortunately, I don't have full pictures of the building before work started, but here are some before work got fully underway.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 10:22am On Apr 06, 2013
Another view

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 10:33am On Apr 06, 2013
The job description required:
1. the windows to be replaced,
2. new window protectors fitted,
3. the living room area re-tiled with marble,
4. the internal and external walls screeded to achieve a smooth finish,
5. the internal ceilings replaced with POP,
6. the wardrobes and Kitchen cabinets replaced,
7. Plumbing system replaced, with a new water tank scaffold installed,
8. The compound resurfaced with stained concrete design,
9. The gate redesigned and replaced,
10. Protective grates placed over the surface of existing open gutters,
11. Generator house demolished and relocated to the back of the building,
12. Electrical wiring replaced,
13. Dstv and pabx cabling conduited,
14. BQ modified from 2 rooms with shared toilet/bath and kitchen, into 3 rooms self contained,
15. The BQ and main building roofs replaced,
16. Internal reconfiguration in the livingroom, Kitchen and dining areas
17. Granite surface for the staircase middle Handrail and dulling of staircase marble edges,
18. Replacement of all sanitary fittings

etc

Time frame, 3 months. The project started in May 2012
Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 11:00am On Apr 06, 2013
Demolition of walls, removal of windows and doors, removal of existing wall and floor tiles.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 11:06am On Apr 06, 2013
Removal of ceiling rosette that was installed directly on the decking, removal of existing ceiling and casting of cornices for the POP ceiling,

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 11:28am On Apr 06, 2013
Installation of POP ceiling. The POP installation had to be redone because of a mistake in level. I don't believe in managing errors, even though it had to be at the company's cost.

If you notice, the POP design was made as simple as possible. This is because anything complex will be messed up by the artisans, making the design look tacky and razz. Focus is placed on achieving straight lines and plumb to ensure harmony in the finishing output.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 11:50am On Apr 06, 2013
The roof of the BQ was Initially mono-pitched, shed style. New design called for replacement of roof members after anti-termite treatment. This image shows the process of covering the roof carcass with stone-coated roofing sheets, which were procured from and installed by wichtech.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
Removal of floor and wall tiles in the kitchen

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 12:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
Procuremet of PVC windows with double glazing for sound-proofing. Had to return the Golden Ever windows however because their profile wasn't strong enough.Their customers service was also bad. But they returned my money sha.

Finally used Golden Silk. High quality materials, with a solid and professional installation team.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 12:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
Paint remover, sealer and screed putty (better than using POP) for the walls.

The Paint remover is used to remove the existing texcote paint on the walls, while the sealer is used to seal pores and stabilise the wall surface in readiness to receive the screed putty.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 1:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
Screeding of internal walls

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2013
Internal adjustment in progress. Plastering of window openings.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 1:18pm On Apr 06, 2013
Screeding of external wall surface using cement and topgum mixture to save cost. Ideally, a high quality external screed like suvinil should be used.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
Screeding of external wall surface using cement and topgum mixture to save cost. Ideally, a high quality external screed like suvinil should be used.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2013
Roof parapet formwork.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2013
Roof concrete Parapet casting in progress.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2013
Roof carcass

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 1:56pm On Apr 06, 2013
And finally, roof covering. Stone coated alu-zinc roofing sheets supplied and installed by Wichtech.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
Stone facing applied to wall surface

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 2:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
Scaffolding removed on.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
Tile installation

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2013
Bathroom wall tile installation. Spacers and appropriate cutting tools are always used to ensure neat cuts and aligned edges.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
You are really good at what you do. Good Job!
Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by Javid4me: 12:18am On Apr 07, 2013
verticaimages: Procuremet of PVC windows with double glazing for sound-proofing. Had to return the Golden Ever windows however because their profile wasn't strong enough.Their customers service was also bad. But they returned my money sha.

Finally used Golden Silk. High quality materials, with a solid and professional installation team.

@verticalimages
Beautiful job!!!
Can you help with address of Golden Silk and possibly the cost of the casement windows? It looks a beautiful job.
Also do u ve a contact at or for Wichtech?
Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 8:01am On Apr 07, 2013
payless: You are really good at what you do. Good Job!

Thank you payless. Good quality work is not always about how expensive the materials are, but more about the installation, the design, and the management of the artisans. I never accept shoddy work, no matter what. Good and focused artisans are hard to come by, which is a lesson that always ends up costing money!
Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 8:30am On Apr 07, 2013
Javid4me:

@verticalimages
Beautiful job!!!
Can you help with address of Golden Silk and possibly the cost of the casement windows? It looks a beautiful job.
Also do u ve a contact at or for Wichtech?

Cost wise: For about 27 windows, it cost me about 1.3 million, although I did use double glazing in the bedrooms, which costs much more.
Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 8:54am On Apr 07, 2013
Marble Tile installation in the Living room

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 8:59am On Apr 07, 2013
Granite Steps into room entrance. This is so that there's a barrier to flow of water in case of water flooding from a bathroom. These things happen you know. smiley

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 9:03am On Apr 07, 2013
Window Protector. Design approved by owner.

Re: Re-Development Process Of A 5 Bedroom Detached House In Lekki Phase 1 by verticaimages: 9:06am On Apr 07, 2013
Painting. Dulux Trade was used exclusively.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Concrete Blocks In Benin City / Contemporary 4bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / Royal Haven Gardens Close To La Campagne, Ibeju Lekki. N800k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.