Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby (849 Views)

Can You Marry A Hiv-infected Partner? / Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV / Should The Church Have The Right To Demand A HIV Certificate Before Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by ademotors166: 11:49am On Apr 06, 2013
Re: Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
Its very possible, I have helped a lot of people achieve dat! Buh its gotta be under ther strict tutelage and guardians of a paediatrician! It is very much possible, al+ u have 2 be compliant with the medications dey give u under PMTCT(prevention of mother to child transmission) its a national program being sponsored by some NGO's and govt. Inclusive

My Proposal
Immediately u discover u re HIV +ve and u pregnant, go to any teaching hospital close to u! I believe most of them should have that program running there.
Fnks
Re: Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by ademotors166: 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
[quote author=Raymondenyi]Its very possible, I have helped a lot of people achieve dat! Buh its gotta be under ther strict tutelage and guardians of a paediatrician! It is very much possible, al+ u have 2 be compliant with the medications dey give u under PMTCT(prevention of mother to child transmission) its a national program being sponsored by some NGO's and govt. Inclusive

My Proposal
Immediately u discover u re HIV +ve and u pregnant, go to any teaching hospital close to u! I believe most of them should have that program running there.
Fnks [/quote
Thank You Raymond. But she needs assurance that I will not be infected and still be able to get her pregnant. That is her major concern...
Are there any drugs I can be taken to help build me immune against being infected by the Virus.
Re: Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
ademotors166: I am actually forced to create this account because my girl is still worried.
This was her initial thread:
www.nairaland.com/1207157/hiv-infected-woman-healthy-baby

After I went through the replies on her thread am still convinced that she is the woman for me, HIV or not. Sickle Cell or not.

I have been asking questions from people in the medical field, and also ordained Men of God. Though some have pointed out there reservations, one thing stands clear, they all said it could be done. That is we could get married and have kids without me or the kids getting infected.

But the purpose of me coming here, is that my girl is still afraid. She doesn't want me to get infected by HIV. I really need matured men and women here to give us a words of encouragement. Because I am doing this by Faith and Trusting both our Lives and the lives of our un-born kids in the hands of God.

Please we need your comments, and words of advice and encouragement. Thank you all.

Sorry I didn't read ur full post; I think its all dependent on U. I'll give u my medical experience n counsel, @ d end U'll be d one 2 choose
1st they re some discordant couples I have met, they were able 2 have children without d man or children infected! This is possible buh chances re very slim! And having sex with her wouldn't be @ will, it will have 2 be wen some criteria re met! And moreso both of u will always be frequenting hospitals for consistent check up n counselling ( even when those criteria re met b4 sex, there is no assurance dat u will not get infected, it only reduces d chances)
2ndly I have also seen couples dat ended up infecting demselves, nd leaving a good life with there babies not being infected, (this will be a highere possibility)
Buh I must tell that either way, it will b very demanding on ur financial base! Unless u re a very affluent person dat can effectively handle d coat dat comes wt this. If u re not pls I wnt advice u 2 venture in2 dat.
I believe dis will help.... I rest my case.
Re: Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by ademotors166: 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2013
Please I need more re-assurance. I believe that there are people out there who have seen it all. I need to here from them. My Faith is Solidly rested on Christ my Rock.
Re: Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by Winneygirl(f): 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2013
@Raymondenyi,
I feel that d womans fear is also fueled by d fact dat his genotype is SS.
Putting dis into consideration, wat wud U advise?
Re: Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
ademotors166: Please I need more re-assurance. I believe that there are people out there who have seen it all. I need to here from them. My Faith is Solidly rested on Christ my Rock.

There is nothing medically at this point that can reassure you 100% that you won't get HIV from her so no need looking for what you will not find. There will always be a risk of you being infected, more so if you plan to have unprotected sex with her. The chances of it happening will be reduced if her viral load is kept low with the right medication regimen. Ideally, you should always use a condom with her. To get her pregnant, she can take the sperm out of the condom and inseminate it. Avoid blood to blood contacts.

If you cannot live with using a condom for the rest of your lives, then you need to be prepared for the risk of contracting HIV. I believe what your woman needs to hear from you is what you plan to do if you get it. Right now, all she's hearing from you is 'I won't get it in Jesus name'. So, she's probably wondering, so what if you do get it? Will you dump me in bitterness and anger, will you hate me forever? Please research and be prepared with your next steps if you do get it. Communicate it to her and let her know you are ready for this possibility and still willing to stand by her even if it does happen. This is the reassurance she needs from you. The risk of you getting it from her can be kept low, but will still exist. If I remember correctly, you were given good advice in the other thread for minimizing transmission. Be prepared to take every precaution to minimize it , be prepared to act if your precautions fail.

1 Like

Re: Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
ademotors166: Please I need more re-assurance. I believe that there are people out there who have seen it all. I need to here from them. My Faith is Solidly rested on Christ my Rock.

You need reassurances or you need the truth They are two different things. The truth is that it is possible but very tasking (physically and emotionally) and expemsive. The choice is yours!
Re: Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by ademotors166: 11:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
I have been on the internet searching for even a glimmer of hope. In the course of my search I read somewhere that it is not possible for a someone with sickle cell to contract HIV. though it was countered by a Dr. online.

I equally came across this story;
Girl , 12 , given HIV-positive blood transfusion in hospital | Mail Online

And I said to myself that it could happen to anyone. If such a mistake can happen in country like Saudi Arabia, then it could happen in Nigeria.
Life is all about risk, and there is not really any guaranty to life and its many risks.
Re: Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by ademotors166: 12:16am On Apr 07, 2013
Saudi Gazette
Reham Al-Hakami, the 13-year-old Saudi girl who was given HIV- tainted blood at Jazan General Hospital in February, has not contracted the killer virus, Al-Watan newspaper reportedWednesday quoting medical sources.

I continued searching and that is the recent news on the 12 year old that was mistakenly tranfused with a HIV infected blood.

Someone commented that: "She might have the CCR5 chemokine receptor gene mutation. This mutation was found to protect against HIV and the Black plague caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis."

I hope someone in the medical line can help me out here. Even if it is a little hope, I am ready to grab it. (I have realised that at least one of us need to be there if we are eventually scale through and have kids).
Re: Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by ademotors166: 12:48am On Apr 07, 2013
Re: Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by baby124: 12:59am On Apr 07, 2013
Look, its your life. But think about those innocent kids you will bring into this. Work on making enough money, cause you are going to need it. Fly to a developed country with a good healthcare system to do comprehensive tests and bloodwork to make sure she is not one of these "AC" bloodtypes. Then to do a good IVF on the lady. Don't complicate your life if you are already dealing with a condition that makes life complicated. What use are you dead to her and your children if you have unprotected sex with her? If you want kids so bad, you might both as well make an arrangement. If you want to be with her for the rest of your natural life, use a condom and safe method for getting her pregnant. If she truly loves you and is not marrying you cause she thinks all is lost in finding a partner. She will insist on you using a condom. kiss. If you are going to bring kids in, you both have to be as healthy as possible to be there for them for as long as reasonably or responsibly possible.

1 Like

Re: Re- Can A HIV Infected Woman Have A Healthy Baby by ademotors166: 1:29am On Apr 07, 2013
baby_123: Look, its your life.
Thank you. I'm actually thinking along that line, at least we should be able to stay alive for the kids.

(1) (Reply)

15 Signs You Are The Partner From Hell / Digital Infidelity - Social Media And Your Marriage / Talking About Sex With A Thirteen Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.