Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus (2696 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think / Oyo Bulldozers Demolish Celestial Church, Arrests Evangelist & Church Members. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by wesley80(m): 10:05am On Apr 07, 2013
It was a day of agony, pain and frustration for residents of Odo-Iragunshin, a suburb of Epe area of Lagos state, when the officials of Lagos State Government paid an unannounced visit to the place and demolished not less than 200 houses. The demolition exercise which rendered over 150 people including men, pregnant women and school children homeless was carried out by the officials of the Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, precisely on March 5, 2013. Saturday Vanguard gathered that an aged woman met her untimely death while Mrs. Adeniyi Ishola, lost her six-month-old pregnancy as a result of the exercise. Worst still, many families are yet to recover from the shock. Till date, the family of Ishola is yet to come to terms with the fact that their wife’s six months pregnancy is terminated in the process. Adeniyi, was said to have lost her pregnancy on the spot while watching helplessly as their house was being crushed to rubble by the State Government’s bulldozers. Further investigations by Saturday Vanguard also revealed that the yet to be identified old woman died three days after her house was demolished. In the same vein, more than 50 school children have been thrown out of school as a result of the demolition exercise that took place in the area. The demolition exercise at Epe, Odo-Iragunshin was carried out despite the ‘Stay Action’ pronouncement by the State House of Assembly pending investigation into the matter before it. Saturday Vanguard spoke to many of the residents and their responses were revealing. Adebowale Omoseike who was living in the village since 2008 lamented that the incident had since left those affected helpless, adding that he only escaped insanity through the intervention of God. According to him, “I was told that one of the affected landlords gave up the ghost three days after the incident while a woman lost her six-month pregnancy on the spot. All of us have been thrown into some kind of confusion and psychological trauma, not to mention the -several children and students who are also contending with the situation. “It was a devastating situation to hear that the same houses our children ate in before they left for schools had been pulled down by the State government bulldozers. They couldn’t give us affordable accommodation, yet they are demolishing the houses we built through pains and sweat.
vanguardngr.com/2013/04/how-bulldozers-killed-woman-six-month-old-unborn-baby/
Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by wesley80(m): 10:10am On Apr 07, 2013
More;
“In fact, the incident had caused loss of affection and many families have been thrown into state of disarray. I couldn’t see my family until two days after the incident. Since this ugly scenario, I have been sleeping inside the car without bathing or brushing my teeth”. Explaining the controversy surrounding the land, he said, “I bought my land from an indigenous land owner (omo onile) with back-up documents and lawyer’s agreement at that time. And while I was about building my house, I did all the necessary processes including land survey which was taken to Epe Local Planning Authority for charting. The officer- in-charge charted it and I was told that the land was free from government acquisition. “Then, I continued the processes of getting building approval and on that basis, I paid N52,000. And I was given approval by Lagos State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development. “I submitted my building approval which was recommended and it was approved. An officer from Lagos State Government, Alausa (Enforcement Unit) came twice to ascertain my compliance on the approved building plan. The unit was led by one Mr. Lawal who I learnt had been transferred to Agege division now. And the same process was taken by others who had their documents too. “But, the tune of the music changed last year when officials of Ministry of Physical Planning came to the village, threatening that the land had been acquired by government. But, instead of listening to us, they told us to go to Alausa to register our complaints and also make necessary inquiries which we did. “I went to the office of the Survey-Auditor General whom I believed had the final authority on land issue in Lagos State. He advised all of us to apply for land information which would make us know the status of the land and we did. “On August 8, 2012, I paid the statutory amount required. My survey was recorded at the Surveyor-General’s office. The information I gathered revealed that the land was free from government’s acquisition and it is meant for residential purposes. “We wrote to the Ministry of Justice, State House of Assembly, and Governor of Lagos State who minuted on it and forwarded same to the Attorney-General of the State. Then, I wrote the approved plan number on my building. On January 31,2013, one, Bode Agoro, Director of Land regularisation visited the village again but this time around, he claimed the Odo-Iragunshin land belongs to government and that we should report to Alausa with all the necessary documents. Some representatives from the community including Alhaja Bature, Tunde Awonaike and I were there. Then, Mr. Bode Agoro advised us to obtain some other title documents including Certificate of Occupancy, C of O, Governor’s consent, adding that, we will be alerted whenever State government want to come to the place.
Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by TRILLIONIAR: 10:15am On Apr 07, 2013
watin person go talk now WELL AZONTO MOOD
Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by wesley80(m): 10:23am On Apr 07, 2013
There's a growing feeling among Lagosians that Fashola is waging a war against the poor in Lagos and that growing feeling cuts across all ethnicities. It is becoming cliched that Fashola pulls down poor peoples homes to replace them with 10m naira P/A mansions. The resentment with Fashola and the ACN is growing.
The only people happy with Fasola and his godfather are the aesthetic-loving-V.I-living minority Lagosians that are glad to see Makoko gone without giving a hoot about the whereabout of its inhabitants. Most of the other 95% Lagosians who sweat to eke out a living have been affected by these insane demolitions either directly through friends and family members or indirectly as their situation potentially mirrors their predicament - no poor man is safe!
Fashola is destroying, Nigerians are watching!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by keishik: 10:56am On Apr 07, 2013
We are waiting for them in 2015,the only reason there hasnt been a revolt is because we are comforted there can be a change in a few years, we are patiently waiting for them.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by keishik: 10:58am On Apr 07, 2013
At least the PDP steals and leaves the people in peace but these ones steal rob and trample on the poor.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by wesley80(m): 11:37am On Apr 07, 2013
^ Dont bet on that vote, Tinubu and the ACN are the Masters of the Game when it comes to subverting the will of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by mekaboy(m): 11:48am On Apr 07, 2013
What will it take to provide a temporary structure for these pple or financial compensation before the demolition exercise?

Even if they are wrong, these are the type of people that deserve pardon in nigeria not criminals.the greatest investment the govt will make is in human being
Not roads and buildings.

Why do you think developed countries have welfare packages? Is to enable the poor to be occupied while. Development is on going.

If you invest massively in infrastructure while neglecting the poor, your city will be developed but so will crime rate.
The development of both people and infrastructure should be going in parallel.

Some will shout its not by force to live in the city, if you can't afford it go back to ur village. The same people will wonder what this country is turning into when they r robbed or read stories of armed robbery attacks and kidnapping.

Of what use are the good roads when u can't drive of them because of armed robbers? What good are the building when u can't sleep with two eyes clothed in them?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by seanet01: 1:12pm On Apr 07, 2013
Misleading and Dubious title.
It was not the Bulldozer that killed the two.
Wesley why are you such an unyielding liar?

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by wesley80(m): 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2013
^ What killed them?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by seanet01: 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2013
wesley80: ^ What killed them?
Only you can answer that.
No where in that post did i see the killing of anybody by a bulldozer.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by wesley80(m): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
^ If Fashola's bulldozer had'nt showed up would either of those lives have been lost?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by seanet01: 3:23pm On Apr 07, 2013
wesley80: ^ If Fashola's bulldozer had'nt showed up would either of those lives have been lost?
Are you saying GEJ was responsible for the death of the people killed during the subsidy protest by security forces?
If GEJ did not increase the pump price of petroleum products would those people have been killed?

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by seanet01: 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2013
mekaboy: What will it take to provide a temporary structure for these pple or financial compensation before the demolition exercise?

Even if they are wrong, these are the type of people that deserve pardon in nigeria not criminals.the greatest investment the govt will make is in human being
Not roads and buildings.

Why do you think developed countries have welfare packages? Is to enable the poor to be occupied while. Development is on going.

If you invest massively in infrastructure while neglecting the poor, your city will be developed but so will crime rate.
The development of both people and infrastructure should be going in parallel.

Some will shout its not by force to live in the city, if you can't afford it go back to ur village. The same people will wonder what this country is turning into when they r robbed or read stories of armed robbery attacks and kidnapping.

Of what use are the good roads when u can't drive of them because of armed robbers? What good are the building when u can't sleep with two eyes clothed in them?

it was not Fashola that granted olerms-a-yah amnesty.
Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by vanunu: 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
In Rwanda, the provide accommodation to people before demolishing shanties. It seems Nigerians are heartless people.
thank God am not a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by remarkD(m): 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2013
^^^ Thank god I have dual citizenship. lol but this shzz is not funny at all. O toghi kwam ochi at all. Or ka anyi n'ekwu - ochiabuto... (somebody's name actually...) ok imma stop babbling. @topic its very unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by wesley80(m): 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2013
seanet01: Are you saying GEJ was responsible for the death of the people killed during the subsidy protest by security forces?
If GEJ did not increase the pump price of petroleum products would those people have been killed?
With due respect, those people didnt die in their homes, they died on the streets CONFRONTING security agents. Do you know what it means to watch your HOME being demolished? Have you ever been without a home? Do you even have any idea what we r talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by OurYansh: 4:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
Another PDP lizard trying hard to rubbish Nigeria's best governor....

Tell ur senseless story to the maggots... They'll believe you!!!

cheesy. cheesy. cheesy.
Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by seanet01: 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2013
wesley80:
With due respect, those people didnt die in their homes, they died on the streets CONFRONTING security agents. Do you know what it means to watch your HOME being demolished? Have you ever been without a home? Do you even have any idea what we r talking about?
With due respect, this people did not die fighting for a property they legally owned. They died because they built house on a land illegally acquired.
You are not the owner of your house if you built it on a land that does not belong to you.
Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by wesley80(m): 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2013
seanet01: With due respect, this people did not die fighting for a property they legally owned. They died because they built house on an illegal land.
You are not the owner of your house if you built it on a land that does not belong to you.

Did you read the victims accoun in my opening post? Did you read where the writer made it clear the Lagos state house of Assembly had ordered a "stay of proceedings" concerning the matter? Did you read how much a victim paid to get his entire paper work done by the State's minisrtry of urban planning, heck he even identified the person he paid to and where he's currently working in the States ministry so what da hell are you talking of Mr man?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by wesley80(m): 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2013
Our Yansh: Another PDP lizard trying hard to rubbish Nigeria's best governor....

Tell ur senseless story to the maggots... They'll believe you!!!

cheesy. cheesy. cheesy.

I find it embarassing that you posted on a thread I opened, you mind getting lost?

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by OurYansh: 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2013
Only an irredeemable fool will believe a ONE-SIDED account such as this.

Why didn't they get the account of the LASG??

All they wanted was to. Whip up sentiments and play on the emotions of Nigerians, many of whom are incapable of rational thought..

Meanwhile the woman may have lost her pregnancy due to a variety of reasons, don't wanna go into details...

Nuff said!!

cool. cool.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by OurYansh: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2013
wesley80:

I find it embarassing that you posted on a thread I opened, you mind getting lost?

And who are you Mr.??

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2013
Even Seun dare not warn people not to post in "his thread"
Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by coogar: 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
wesley80: ^ If Fashola's bulldozer had'nt showed up would either of those lives have been lost?

this is a needless sensationalism....
were this people not served quit notice long before the bulldozers? were they deaf when the bulldozers came? how can you say fashola's bulldozers killed a woman and her child? jonathan's government killed dana passengers too, i guess. if his minister of aviation did not grant dana airlines the rights to operate, maybe the passengers would still be alive - according to your neanthertal logic!

how some of you graduated from school is a mystery......
Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by wesley80(m): 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2013
ilugunboy: Even Seun dare not warn people not to post in "his thread"
I see you have a problem with the English language.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by wesley80(m): 5:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
coogar:

this is a needless sensationalism....
were this people not served quit notice long before the bulldozers? were they deaf when the bulldozers came? how can you say fashola's bulldozers killed a woman and her child? jonathan's government killed dana passengers too, i guess. if his minister of aviation did not grant dana airlines to operate, maybe the passengers would have survived - according to your neanthertal logic!

how some of you graduated from school is a mystery......

If you were not home-schooled you'd know to read and comprehend before replying. Now mumu, read the opening pieces again and try to understand those bulldozers showed up out of the blue flouting an order from the State House of Assembly and a Court of Law! Children had gone to school and parents were at wor when the bulldozers rolled in.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by coogar: 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2013
wesley80:
If you were not home-schooled you'd know to read and comprehend before replying. Now mumu, read the opening pieces again and try to understand those bulldozers showed up out of the blue flouting an order from the State House of Assembly and a Court of Law! Children had gone to school and parents were at wor when the bulldozers rolled in.

from what i read, these people had been told they were occupying illegal properties as at the ending of january. to feign ignorance of that makes them stüpid. to post the same tale on nairaland to misinform the public makes you a lunatic. if there's an academic laurel given out to rëtards, you would have been a professor before the age of 10!

4 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2013
OMO OBA HAS DONE WELL. IF WE TALK NAU DEM GO BAN US. LOOSE CANNON!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by OurYansh: 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: OMO OBA HAS DONE WELL. IF WE TALK NAU DEM GO BAN US. LOOSE CANNON!

Yea... Bettter swallow the thrash you're thinking of saying with a glass of lukewarm water...

cool
Re: Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
Our Yansh:

Yea... Bettter swallow the thrash you're thinking of saying with a glass of lukewarm water...

cool
THUNDER FIRE UR YANSH! cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OKADA Nightmare Or Transport? (pics) / The Real APC Executive posts / Revealed : Atiku Behind Nyako’s Impeachment Nightmare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.