Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:51 AM

M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. (11222 Views)

Get Free Business Advice, Insights And Supports Here! / OIL PRICE CRASH: Nigeria In Top 5 At-Risk Countries - Global Risk Insights / Someone Pls Clear My Head On This Forex Trading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by nenergy(m): 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2013
Many people know M.I’s My Head My Belle song, but not many know that there is a hidden lesson to help you in your quest to start a business in Nigeria. This lesson was revealed by Mr Chika Nwobi while speaking at the Platform 10.2 held on October 1 last year. He said according to MI’s song, there are 3 kinds of people you’ll encounter while trying to start-up a business; The “Hungry” guy, The “Excuse” giver and The Corrupt road-blocker. All these are in relation to the Nigerian condition.
M.I’s Lyrics explains it better.
nenergy:
Verse 1
Mommy don’t cry
Imma make sure you say we no die
Imma go hussle and we go try
Hunger hook man for neck, shey na bowtie
Whatever it takes, me I no shy
If na heaven food dey, make we go sky
E better now make I sit down, make I no try
I go even buy ticket make we both fly
Mama, if it means say, make I turn slave, kuta kente
Anything just to make clean pay
you never see food chop since Wednesday
Make I wash car, sell gala, shine shoe
Shey na work, anything I no mind do
I go do better work, even times two
Cos it’s not easy, it’s not easy, it’s not easy

The first kind is The “Hungry” guy. He is Hungry and also has hunger for success. He knows success is not easy and is ready to work to achieve it. He is honest, motivated and driven. This are the kind of people you need to employ, partner /associate with in your quest to start a business.

nenergy:
Verse 2
Chale, no vex
Anything for your boys, make we go flex
No work make we do, so no cheques
Aaah We sef wan rock Rolex
Do something for your boys, we are loyal
You be king, you be chief, you be royal
Alaiye you go scatter them total
International star, no be local
eh ha
If we get work, wey go bring better food make we take chop
No be road we for stand, we for dey shop
If for say things connect like we network
If for say school fees dey, we for dey class
You sef no say warri no dey carry last
But as things dey na, we no fit chop grass
At all at all, nah him bad pass

The second kind is The “Excuse” giver. All he does is “tax” and hail you, even if you’re heading for disaster. Give him work to do and he will come up with excuses-If for say. He has no money but want to rock Rolex. Run from this kind, don’t employ or partner/associate with them.

nenergy:
Verse 3
Oga stop there
Abi u never see road block here
Na we be the police search and stop here
If you wan pass son gotta drop here
U no dey see gun abi u no well
If you form actor, u go go cell
See behind counter, no be hotel
You go do 3 nights before u go bail
But if you want move
You sef know wetin you suppose do
Do am quick quick make I no expose you
Nyem something make I hold or I’ll hold you
Hey Sergeant Collins, make you come check
Search am quick, search him bag and him pocket
Any exhibit wey we come get
Then alarm go blow on una trumpet

The third kind is The Corrupt road-blocker. He blocks the road to people’s plans, dreams and goals. He is the “red tape” and “bottle neck” to entrepreneurial start-up. He is the loan officer at the bank, the clerk at the corporate affairs commission and the P.A to your potential investor. He blackmails you into paying a bribe. That’s why it’s important to follow due process in all your business dealing, so he won’t have anything to “pin” you down with. Avoid the Corrupt road-blocker, call his bluff and report/expose him if you can.

There you have it, Entrepreneurship 101 from the short black guy from Jos.

Lyrics Copied from FreeNaijaLyrics.com: http://www.freenaijalyrics.com/m-i-my-head-my-belle/#ixzz2PVwBbC7b

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by aminho(m): 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2013
I just sent. Him the link and he retweeted it his so incredible see the tweets below

2 Likes

Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by Ialwaysask: 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2013
M.I make you chop knuckle!!!

Surest guy cool

1 Like

Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by oluomad(m): 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2013
Nice one
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by Manweysabi(m): 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2013
Love this dude... he's tight and his lyrics' deep.

1 Like

Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by azeez4islam(m): 12:52am On Jun 04, 2013
right from time, i've bowed to M.I's lyrics, buh honestly coudnt av decipher ds 3rd verse, thnks @d writer and @Abaga. U are d best (as far as am concern)

3 Likes

Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by Fussbot: 12:58am On Jun 04, 2013
Salute the chairman!..this is a brainer

But y are u just telling us now wen d song don reach 3 years?

1 Like

Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by psky: 3:34am On Jun 04, 2013
Frontpage please. This is way better than the average ''shake-shake'' song that somehow makes frontpage, very insightful.smiley

1 Like

Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by wellmax(m): 5:44am On Jun 04, 2013
Whao, never thought of it like this, this is so nice and cool.

1 Like

Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 04, 2013
wow I had never view the song from this perspective! Really cool.
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 04, 2013
Wow, I love the song but never saw it from this angle. I thought MI was only talking about the Nigerian situation. Pretty interesting.
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by Fussbot: 9:45am On Jun 04, 2013
Front page abegi..
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by ichidodo: 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
Nyem something or i hold you. lolz.

2 Likes

Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by enigmagu1(m): 12:21pm On Jun 04, 2013
i call him.most incredible....d.boy is too.good
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by Lilimax(f): 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
Verse 3 - cheesy cheesy cheesy
A typical encounter with Naija police heheheheheh
Good work M.I
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by lightheart(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2013
Fussbot: Salute the chairman!..this is a brainer

But y are u just telling us now wen d song don reach 3 years?

At all at all, na him bad pass

4 Likes

Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by meracool(m): 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2013
Ok...

MI Abaga
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by Shakara123(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
First time I heard that track, my respect for the Short Black Boy went two steps higher. Deep lyrics. That's Mr. Incredible.
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by Kjking(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2013
God go bless u jawe!! Na only u dae sing betta tin... No mind dos 1ns wea dae sing, ALINGO, UR WAIST, and the REST!!! ur d best M.I
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by ezstino: 12:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
insightful. MI is good
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by dridowu: 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
One short black boy kudos to YOU. MI ur head dy dre

Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by CUIzundu(m): 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
M.I I respect ur intelligence n all but, I need u 2 do a single wif damian marley... Withdraw 4rm commercials broo, U're better than this...d flesh has eaten enuf, now let's cee something 4 spirit...drop some singles 4 mai new RANGE... A song 4 d soul wif some of that drum beats (jesse)... Nice one, hope u'll be in d east soon (Anambra)
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by Zinosalexander(m): 12:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
Oga stop there
Abi u never see road block here
Na we be the police search and stop here
If you wan pass son gotta drop here
U no dey see gun abi u no well
If you form actor, u go go cell
See behind counter, no be hotel
You go do 3 nights before u go bail
But if you want move
You sef know wetin you suppose do
Do am quick quick make I no expose you
Nyem something make I hold or I’ll hold you
Hey Sergeant Collins, make you come check
Search am quick, search him bag and him pocket
Any exhibit wey we come get
Then alarm go blow on una trumpet

This chapter day talk about police na. Ahhhhh wetin?
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by Silva79(f): 12:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
Wow i neva knew d msg in d song is important
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by ozoemeka(m): 12:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
aminho: I just sent. Him the link and he retweeted it his so incredible

Are you the hailing type?
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by kross01(m): 12:57pm On Jun 04, 2013
this track and the duet with 2face to me are amongst MI's all time best cos they are very deep in meaning even though i've never really viewed it from this angle. Mista Incredible Jude Abaga kudos to u
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by yuzedo: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
Mode9 is still better! angry undecided

... But MI is a close second. wink
grin

1 Like

Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by LagosBoi2(m): 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2013
Mr. Incredible. that's what we call himsmiley
Re: M.i’s My Head My Belle: Insights To Entrepreneurship. by spawnx: 1:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
well M I is making the headlines;mode 9 ain't.
He has paid his dues coolwell M I is making the headlines;mode 9 ain't.
He has paid his dues

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa / CBN Reviews Weekly Dollar Sale To Bdcs To $50,000 / N264BN Finished Goods Exported From Lekki Free Zone In Three Years - LASG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.