Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Hearing God's Voice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hearing God's Voice (1196 Views)

How To Hear God Voice / How Do You Hear God's Voice? / My Parents Wants To Hear God's Voice Before I Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hearing God's Voice by sammmiey1: 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2013
I want to know how God's voice can be heard.Some people say by reading his word(bible),I mean does readin d word of God religiously guarantees one to hearing his voice?I know he's alwyz near talkin but how can his voice be vividly heard or only anointed prophets av d grace bestowed to hear him?
Re: Hearing God's Voice by coninse: 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
@OP

I'm sorry but there is no such thing as God's voice. Anyone who claims to be hearing a strange voice really need a medical help. There is no such thing my brother!
Re: Hearing God's Voice by mazaje(m): 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2013
No such thing as god's voice. . .Inner voice that people make is what various people have been conditioned to believe is their god's voice. . .No body can tell u exactly what god's voice is yet people keep making crazy assertions like they speak to god. . .Some go as far as saying that god tells them things. . .Tell them to describe specifically how their god's voice is or sounds so that you can have an idea that's when they will start crying and blabbing. . .
Re: Hearing God's Voice by sammmiey1: 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2013
mazaje: No such thing as god's voice. . .Inner voice that people make is what various people have been conditioned to believe is their god's voice. . .No body can tell u exactly what god's voice is yet people keep making crazy assertions like they speak to god. . .Some go as far as saying that god tells them things. . .Tell them to describe specifically how their god's voice is or sound so that you can have an idea to you and then they will start crying and blabbing. . .
mY u got me cracked up wit dis post dude but I gues u av a point dia,but wot do u av 2say 2a seer dt forsees future occurrences tru d help of d holy spirit and it happens?I mean it cud also be tru a vision or a voice being heard,wots ur tke?
Re: Hearing God's Voice by mazaje(m): 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2013
samm_miey: mY u got me cracked up wit dis post dude but I gues u av a point dia,but wot do u av 2say 2a seer dt forsees future occurrences tru d help of d holy spirit and it happens?I mean it cud also be tru a vision or a voice being heard,wots ur tke?

Those that predict future occurrences are just guessing that later coincides with future events. . .Tell them to make specific predictions about the future and most will begin to blab and cry. . .
Re: Hearing God's Voice by sammmiey1: 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
mazaje:

Those that predict future occurrences are just guessing that later coincides with future events. . .Tell them to make specific predictions about the future and most will begin to blab and cry. . .
do u believe some folks r mre closer 2God?reason y we av tons of prophets and pastors al arnd,I mean genuine&God sent men of God dat we can seek in times of dilemma or trouble,and are ready 2pray along wit us,helps us decipher d root of problems and tells us how 2overcome it via prayers.Do u tink dey fabricate wot dey say or wot we r being told d holy spirit tells dem?
Re: Hearing God's Voice by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 07, 2013
Call it intuition or whatever but i used to have a sense of peace if am doing the right thing
Re: Hearing God's Voice by akinemma1: 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
my brother,hearing the audible voice of God is real and you too can hear His voice.Don't let anyone deceive you that it is not real.The devil have programmed many sons of perdition on these forum and if you let them deceive you,you are in trouble.If you study the word of God very well, you would have know how to hear from God.God speaks to people in different ways which includes through audible voice ,inner voice and so on.For you to hear the voice of God,you must be genuiely born again which you are not and you know it yourself. You are still indulging in some sins that you know but you have not let go of those sins.Don't be quick to claim that you are born again,examine your life and make your way right with God.After that,you pray for the baptism of the holy spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.Remember the disciples on the day of pentecost when the Holy spirit came upon them.When the holy spirit come upon you,he will not only stay dormant in you,he will begin to relate with you and also help you in all areas of your life. Also you must fellowship with God the more by increasing your prayer time and your bible study time.Hearing the voice of God does not come easy,you must make some sacrifices and show a holy desperation for it.You must also pray fervently to God,to open your spiritual ears so as to hear clearly from him.From the look of things,you have a very weak faith and you are do not even believe totally in the word of God.This will be a great hindrance to you hearing from God.If you believe God spoke to samuel in an audible voice,call upon God and ask him to speak with you also in an audible voice.If you are truly sincere with God,he will surely speak with you.Remember,God can also speak to you through the inner voice,dreams,visions,bible and so on.Pursue other ways of hearing from God and you will be doing yourself a lot of good.Also remeber that spiritual growth and experiences is in stages, so endeavour to grow spiritually.God bless you

1 Like

Re: Hearing God's Voice by sammmiey1: 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2013
akin emma: my brother,hearing the audible voice of God is real and you too can hear His voice.Don't let anyone deceive you that it is not real.The devil have programmed many sons of perdition on these forum and if you let them deceive you,you are in trouble.If you study the word of God very well, you would have know how to hear from God.God speaks to people in different ways which includes through audible voice ,inner voice and so on.For you to hear the voice of God,you must be genuiely born again which you are not and you know it yourself. You are still indulging in some sins that you know but you have not let go of those sins.Don't be quick to claim that you are born again,examine your life and make your way right with God.After that,you pray for the baptism of the holy spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.Remember the disciples on the day of pentecost when the Holy spirit came upon them.When the holy spirit come upon you,he will not only stay dormant in you,he will begin to relate with you and also help you in all areas of your life. Also you must fellowship with God the more by increasing your prayer time and your bible study time.Hearing the voice of God does not come easy,you must make some sacrifices and show a holy desperation for it.You must also pray fervently to God,to open your spiritual ears so as to hear clearly from him.From the look of things,you have a very weak faith and you are do not even believe totally in the word of God.This will be a great hindrance to you hearing from God.If you believe God spoke to samuel in an audible voice,call upon God and ask him to speak with you also in an audible voice.If you are truly sincere with God,he will surely speak with you.Remember,God can also speak to you through the inner voice,dreams,visions,bible and so on.Pursue other ways of hearing from God and you will be doing yourself a lot of good.Also remeber that spiritual growth and experiences is in stages, so endeavour to grow spiritually.God bless you
Thanks a bunch wil intensify in my dealings,I really need God.
Re: Hearing God's Voice by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
First off, when someone standing close to you speaks, you know that they spoke unless you're distracted or for some reason are incapable of hearing.

If you're a child of God carrying within you His Spirit then you have what it takes to hear Him. But, just like all of our faculties must be continually used in order to develop their abilities as we grow up, we must also exercise our spiritual faculties after we have received them at the time we were born anew into the House of God.

The most important thing to know about God's Voice is that it never speaks things that contradict the Scriptures. When the Lord speaks to a believer, perhaps in a dream or a trance or a vision or an "impression" within or an audible voice or whatever, what is said can never contradict the Scriptures or else it is not the Lord. Therefore, we must know the Scriptures to recognize the one Voice out of the multitude that completely agrees with them.

However, there are times when we may be confused about what the Bible says concerning a matter in which it would seem that we heard from the Lord. At such times, we must consult fellow believers and seek clear guidance on our knees before the Lord and at the point that the road has been pointed out without waver to us, we must commit ourselves to the Lord and obey trusting that He will correct any mis-steps.

Hearing the Lord's voice is no sign that one is a special Christian. Seek to know the Lord by the Scriptures, through prayer, through other children of His. The Lord speaks "specially" only for special reasons, He would have us learn to hear Him in the ordinary things of life - the cry of a baby, the romps of energetic children, the troubles of life etc. His desire is to bring us into such intimate communion with Him that regardless how He speaks, we can always hear Him without mistake, that nothing can distort His Voice for us.

Desire to know Him and His Voice will come with the package. smiley

Grace be with all God's children.

2 Likes

Re: Hearing God's Voice by ogeelove(f): 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
Ihedinobi: First off, when someone standing close to you speaks, you know that they spoke unless you're distracted or for some reason are incapable of hearing.

If you're a child of God carrying within you His Spirit then you have what it takes to hear Him. But, just like all of our faculties must be continually used in order to develop their abilities as we grow up, we must also exercise our spiritual faculties after we have received them at the time we were born anew into the House of God.

The most important thing to know about God's Voice is that it never speaks things that contradict the Scriptures. When the Lord speaks to a believer, perhaps in a dream or a trance or a vision or an "impression" within or an audible voice or whatever, what is said can never contradict the Scriptures or else it is not the Lord. Therefore, we must know the Scriptures to recognize the one Voice out of the multitude that completely agrees with them.

However, there are times when we may be confused about what the Bible says concerning a matter in which it would seem that we heard from the Lord. At such times, we must consult fellow believers and seek clear guidance on our knees before the Lord and at the point that the road has been pointed out without waver to us, we must commit ourselves to the Lord and obey trusting that He will correct any mis-steps.

Hearing the Lord's voice is no sign that one is a special Christian. Seek to know the Lord by the Scriptures, through prayer, through other children of His. The Lord speaks "specially" only for special reasons, He would have us learn to hear Him in the ordinary things of life - the cry of a baby, the romps of energetic children, the troubles of life etc. His desire is to bring us into such intimate communion with Him that regardless how He speaks, we can always hear Him without mistake, that nothing can distort His Voice for us.

Desire to know Him and His Voice will come with the package. smiley

Grace be with all God's children.

Tanx for taking out the time. Shalom
Re: Hearing God's Voice by JeSoul(f): 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
samm_miey: I want to know how God's voice can be heard.Some people say by reading his word(bible),I mean does readin d word of God religiously guarantees one to hearing his voice?I know he's alwyz near talkin but how can his voice be vividly heard or only anointed prophets av d grace bestowed to hear him?

Hi Samm_miey,
let me assure you, anyone can hear the voice (written word, or audible voice or in the spirit or by a divine feeling etc) of God. In the scriptures we see God speaking to all kinds of people from children to priests, to prostitutes to kings, from sinners to roman centurions. All you need is a heart that is listening & faith to obey. The scriptures tell us that if we call on Him, He will answer. By faith, rest in that assurance. Godbless!

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Correct My Pastor / Primate Ayodele Drops 2015 Prophecies / Will God Forgive Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.