Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? (5167 Views)

Nland! Join Me And Celebrate. / I Beg You's To Join Me in Praising and thanking God / How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
Hello lovely,lovely people! I love hymns soo much.we hv so many of them composed by wonderful people. My best is. joyful,joyful we adore thee. Lord of love;hearts unfold like flow'rs before thee,op'ning to the sun above.melt the clouds of sin and sadness;drive the dark of doubt away;giver of immortal gladness,fill us with the light of day! ........ If u love hymn like I do,pls feel free to add ur best(s) thanks

2 Likes

Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by jaymichael(m): 7:13pm On Apr 07, 2013
i love hymns. i have one hymnal app i downloaded from Google play store. contains lots of hymns.
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2013
Kkio
jaymichael: i love hymns. i have one hymnal app i downloaded from Google play store. contains lots of hymns.
. Hv loads of them.my lv for hymns was a kind of accidental.so since then,I ve been acquirin and playin them.they fit my every mood like this one."we will glorify the king of kings"its so sweet
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Odunnu: 7:50pm On Apr 07, 2013
I love hymns too. I have the Methodist hymn book which I sing from everyday.
I know most by heart.
The one that touch me most is
'Dear Lord and father of mankind, forgive our foolish ways. . .' this hymn sobers me
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2013
Immortal invisible God only wise. Wao!if u wanna praise God,define Him,and worship Him,go to the hymnals.as u sing (cos some of them were written using d victorian and elizabethean english)try and check for the meanins of each verse,they r loaded and d transquility and serenity wen u r listening,nothing to compare that."I could not do without thee" is another great one

2 Likes

Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
My hope is built on nothingless than Jesus' blood and righteousness;I dare not trust the sweetest frame,but wholly lean on jesus' name. On christ,the solid rock, I stand,all other ground is sinking sand...... People can we sing together?

7 Likes

Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by oluplus(m): 10:16pm On Apr 07, 2013
I love dis particular one, right from secondary school days. Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take him by his word, just to rest upon his promise, just to know, thus says the Lord. Jesus, Jesus, how I love him, how I've proved him over and over, Jesus Jesus, blessed Jesus, Oh for grace to trust thee more.

1 Like

Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Hollyb(f): 11:47pm On Apr 07, 2013
I so so luv music. Here is one: song of praise the angels sang heaven with halleluyah rang, when Jehovah's work began when he spake and it was done.
Anoda
christ is our corner stone on him alone we build, with his true saints alone the courts of heaven are filled e t c
anoda
low in d grave he lay, Jesus my saviour waiting d coming day Jesus my lord. Up from d grave he arose, with a mighty triumph over his does, he arose a victor from d dark's domain and he lives forever with his saints to reign he arose, he arose, halleluyah Christ arose.
Anoda
o happy day dt fixed my choice on thee my saviour and my lord. Now let dis glowing heart rejoice and tel it's rapture all abroad. Chorus happy day, happy day, when Jesus washed my sins away, he thought me ow to watch and pray and live rejoicing everyday . Happy day happy day when Jesus washed my sins away.
Still coming with more. I'm proud to be an Anglican member

3 Likes

Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 4:34am On Apr 08, 2013
I love so many hymns but as a little choir boy in the anglican communion then b4 joining redeemed church, i still sing hymns cos its my best form of christian music.
My best hymns are.....the church is one foundation,is Jesus Christ her Lord.
then, A mighty fotress is our God.
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 08, 2013
Holly b,u sabi am true true! Hv those ones in my collection. Kopite,I hail u guys dat hv d foundation! Discovered the wonders in school.that reminds of one night I had to travel to lagos by night.I sat next to one yoruba elderly man. In my mind I was like its not gonna be fun so let me play my music and sleep.I was humming and somebody was singing the song.I turned and asked him if he like hymns,he said even at his age he is still in d choir.it runs in d family.come and c a wonderful trip.he even sang some in yoruba!
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 08, 2013
Oh happy day....! Heard it first in that whoopie goldberg movie,hv forgotten d name.very good early in d morning
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by uyogabie(f): 11:21am On Apr 08, 2013
One of the things i loved being a catholic.I used to be a chorister.My faith has found a resting place not in a man made creed.I trust the ever living one that he for me will plead.I need no other evidence,i need no other plee.It is enough that jesus died and rose again for me.I love,when I survey the wondrous cross,Abide with me,'tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.I love Ibo songs too.
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by kponkedenge(m): 9:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
What is Hymnal sad sad
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Hollyb(f): 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
Loved these as a kid and stil do.
There is a happy land far far away, where saints in glory stand bright bright as day oh ow they sweetly ring worthy is our saviour king loud let his praises ring. Praise, praise for aye.
Come to the saviour make no delay, here in his word he hath shown us d way, here in our midst he's standing today, tenderly saying come. Joyful joyful will d meeting be, when from sin our hearts are pure and free, and we shall gather saviour wif thee, in our eternal home.
When he cometh when he cometh to make up his jewels, all his jewels precious jewels, his loved and his own. Like the stars of the morning his bright crown adorning, they shall shine in their beauty, bright gems for his crown.
Who is on the lord's side? Who will serve d king? Who will be his helper other lives to bring, who will leave d world's side? Who will face the foe? Who is on the lord's side who for him will go, by thy call of mercy, by thy grace divine. We are on the lord's side saviour we are thine.
Rock of ages cleft for me let me hide myself in thee e.t.c.
Nearer my God to thee nearer to thee.e.t.c
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2013
kponke denge: What is Hymnal sad sad
. Just hymns (forget d grammer) care to join?
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by tessybaby(f): 10:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
You guys are just kiling me with these hymns. Please post links where I can download. I lost all my cds of good hymns
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 2:53am On Apr 09, 2013
I just love hymns! Everyone at work respects the fact that at some point of the day when the work gets so hectic, Miss Molly brings on the hymns.

I love 'Jesus, lover of my soul, let me to thy bosom fly'. The 2nd stanza was such a comfort in my days of loneliness and shame as a teenage unwed mother, and it helped me know that grace truly abounds. Here-

'Other refuge have I none, hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
Leave, ah! leave me not alone, still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed, all my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head with the shadow of Thy wing.'

I also love 'Faith of our fathers', and 'Abide with me'.

'When I survey the wondrous cross', 'Just as I am without one plea' strenghtens my faith, just as 'My faith looks up to thee' makes me realize that indeed, He can bid sorrowful nights turn to day and wipe my tears!

Countless hymns through the years have helped me pull through hard times. Like the period my dad passed on, I constantly was reminded about how God is 'A shelter in the time of storm'.

'When he cometh, when he cometh to 'pick'? All his jewels' was my son's bedtime song for years, and 'Now the day is over' is a favorite too.

I also love-
*In Christ alone (adapted recently into the hymnal)
*If I had up to a thousand tongues
*Jerusalem on high
*Shall we gather at the river?
*Jesus, I my cross have taken

I could go on and on!

Lovely thread@ op!!
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 09, 2013
tessybaby: You guys are just kiling me with these hymns. Please post links where I can download. I lost all my cds of good hymns
. I wish I even know d link to post sweerie,can anybody help pls? What I normally do is this,any one I don't get d lyrics well,I google it otherwise I use hymn book.it also depends on where u.u can walk into musik shops and buy as many as u can.
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 09, 2013
Miss Molly,just these few words from u made my eyes wet.hymns r so powerful.it resurrected me after I had died and givin up on myself during my varsity days.on such ocassions my nebor,is always playin or singin.she was in d choir.it was annoyin then and mostly at d middle of d night u will hear her sonorous voice penetrating into ur shelled heart,sweeping away all d debris and comforting u.b4 I know it I always long to hear her sing,d rest is now history my dear.to me hymns connect me to my maker faster than any other way.

1 Like

Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2013
Check out these one. I could not do without thee,o savior of d lost,whose precious blood redeem me,at such tremedous cost:thy righteousness,thy pardon,thy precious blood must be, my only hope and comfort,my glory and my plea....................... Take my life and let it be,consecrated lord to thee;take my moment and my days,let them flow in ceaseless praise......... I love u lord,and I lift my voice to worship u oh my soul rejoice... Duty calls,will be back later for more.thank u as u join us to sing!

1 Like

Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 09, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Miss Molly,just these few words from u made my eyes wet.hymns r so powerful.it resurrected me after I had died and givin up on myself during my varsity days.on such ocassions my nebor,is always playin or singin.she was in d choir.it was annoyin then and mostly at d middle of d night u will hear her sonorous voice penetrating into ur shelled heart,sweeping away all d debris and comforting u.b4 I know it I always long to hear her sing,d rest is now history my dear.to me hymns connect me to my maker faster than any other way.

And that connection no where else can I find! It beats away worry, and brings such peace to my heart.
Again, the practicality gives me joy. The words of hymnals are ever living, ever true..
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by sunnshyn(f): 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Oh happy day....! Heard it first in that whoopie goldberg movie,hv forgotten d name.very good early in d morning
Sister Act?

I also love hymns so much...esp advents, carols and lenten songs....no more a catholic so i don't get to sing much of hymns any more
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
sunnshyn:
Sister Act?

I also love hymns so much...esp advents, carols and lenten songs....no more a catholic so i don't get to sing much of hymns any more
. u can buy and play in ur house,u can still hv catholic collection.they r everywhere.hymns surpasses denomination!
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
sunnshyn:
Sister Act?

. U gat it! Sister act.funny movie though. U can buy hymns and play in ur house even catholic hymns.
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by uyogabie(f): 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
sunnshyn:
Sister Act?

same here.
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by baby124: 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
Double Double grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by kemesty(f): 11:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
Hymns always bring back memories to me. I can always link a hymn to a particular incidence in my life. When I survey the wondrous cross, Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, holy (3x). Omg
Op, God bless u for this. Hymns bring tears and brokenness to me.
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 10, 2013
When in secondry school,we used to sing this... New every morning is thy lv our wakening and uprising proof....and also ,loving shepherd of thy sheep,keep thy lamb in safety keep...(Our then musik teacher wanted us to know and sing all the songs in ancient and modern. Only God will forgive us of all we did to that daddy! He will teach us one song for days! Even when we don sabi am,we will still be singing rubbish! Come and c my voice! So Shrill,u hv to beg me to stop.there was a time we were preparing for a singing competition,they made d greatest mistake of adding my name to d list.so durin one of our rehearsals,our cordinator,a reverend father(we used to hv crush for d guy o!including me!)Came in unannounced,c punishment!my own was double! He gave me name that became my identity till I left shool!c me lvin hymns now! Life!)
Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Fejok01(f): 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
The Great physician now is here,the sympatizing Jesus,He speaks the drooping heart to cheer,oh hear the voice of Jesus.Sweetest note in seraph song,sweetest name on mortal tongue,sweetest lovesong ever sung,Jesus blessed Jesus. Hymns are soothing and uplifts the soul.

3 Likes

Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Joyland(m): 7:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.
Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised
Thou wilt all our burdens bear;
May we ever, Lord, be bringing
All to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright, unclouded,
There will be no need for prayer—
Rapture, praise, and endless worship
Will be our sweet portion there.

3 Likes

Re: Lovers Of Hymnal,can U Join Me? by Nobody: 3:37am On Apr 11, 2013
@ joyland,one of d best ever!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please, My Good People I Need Sewing Machine / Please What Do These Calabar Names Mean? / Photo: Frustrated Man Sends A Note To Neighbours Who Get Really Loud During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.