Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? (939 Views)

Is NCC Sending Free Credit - NCC-CARD ? / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by seunlayi(m): 9:57pm On Apr 07, 2013
Few weeks ago, we all received with jubilation of the new tariff regime from 1st April, 2013.
"The Termination Rates for voice services provided by New Entrants and Small Operators in Nigeria, irrespective of the originating network shall be:

"N6.40 (six naira forty kobo) from April 1st, 2013;

N5.20 (five naira twenty kobo) from April 1st 2014; and N3. 90 (three naira ninety kobo) from 1st April, 2013."
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/ncc-announces-new-rates-for-gsm-operators-2

It is now few days after, there is still no sign that our operators are willing to make any adjustment in their tariff and the NCC are not even saying anything.

And now, www.thisdaylive.com/articles/again-ncc-fixes-new-date-for-mobile-number-portability-launch/144719/ The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has again fixed another date for the launch of Mobile Number Portability (MNP). This time, the commission chose April 22 as the new launch date across all networks of Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM).

The Director of Corporate Affairs at NCC, Mr. Tony Ojobo, who dropped the hint Thursday, told THISDAY in a telephone interview that NCC eventually settled for the April 22 MNP launch date, having been convinced by the network operators that their networks were ready for the roll out of Mobile Number Portability in Nigeria.

“We are going to celebrate it in a colourful launch that will hold in Lagos on April 22,” Ojobo said.

NCC had earlier warned that it was not going to shift grounds on the planned roll out of MNP, and insisted that the roll out must be in April this year, without mentioning any particular date in April. The reason for not fixing a particular launch date earlier, according to Ojobo, was to allow the operators to choose a convenient date, based on the state of readiness of their networks. He had however insisted that the roll out of MNP would not exceed April this year.

NCC had fixed April 1, for the launch of MNP, but shifted it to an unknown date in the same month of April, after telecoms operators came begging for three weeks extension to enable them complete test-run of their networks, in preparation for the eventual roll out.

NCC Is the reduction not designed to have any impact on we subscribers? Are we to keep waiting for this people to milk us dry?
Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by Emmyk(m): 10:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
If you ask me, na who I go ask? #singing

1 Like

Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by seunlayi(m): 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2013
I feel like dancing but I remember we should not allow this people to exploit us
Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by johndwayy(m): 6:58am On Apr 08, 2013
Typical 9ja for you. NCC gave a directive without even checking wots going on. undecided the network providers are behaving as if they were nt told or its none of their bizness. Na wa 4 dis country sha. :'
Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by seunlayi(m): 8:45am On Apr 08, 2013
I have started thinking maybe the NCC decision was fake.
Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by eunisam: 11:07am On Apr 08, 2013
untill this happen.

Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by newpaparazzi(m): 11:33am On Apr 08, 2013
seunlayi: Few weeks ago, we all received with jubilation of the new tariff regime from 1st April, 2013.
"The Termination Rates for voice services provided by New Entrants and Small Operators in Nigeria, irrespective of the originating network shall be:

"N6.40 (six naira forty kobo) from April 1st, 2013;

N5.20 (five naira twenty kobo) from April 1st 2014; and N3. 90 (three naira ninety kobo) from 1st April, 2013."
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/ncc-announces-new-rates-for-gsm-operators-2

It is now few days after, there is still no sign that our operators are willing to make any adjustment in their tariff and the NCC are not even saying anything. Is the reduction not designed to have any impact on we subscribers? Are we to keep waiting for this people to milk us dry?

You just beat me to that topic. In fact im just about to post same topic

I have the same feeling yesterday as i used my mtn line(pulse0. The charge to other network was 30k/s. Then i remember the new interconnect rate to take effect as from April 1. I guess the new rates are not for Nigerian operators but for another country. lol. grin
Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by seunlayi(m): 7:23pm On Apr 08, 2013
new paparazzi:

You just beat me to that topic. In fact im just about to post same topic

I have the same feeling yesterday as i used my mtn line(pulse0. The charge to other network was 30k/s. Then i remember the new interconnect rate to take effect as from April 1. I guess the new rates are not for Nigerian operators but for another country. lol. grin
Hmmmmm, not for Nigerian? Then which country's network is toothless NCC monitoring? Dis is indeed a bad development.
Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by seunlayi(m): 9:39am On Apr 09, 2013
eunisam: untill this happen.
Na you be dis? eya sorry, hope dem don help you pack those things well? What has this your post especially someone else pictures suppose to do with this thread?
Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by Francheezy(m): 9:47am On Apr 09, 2013
Lol NCC No b DOG, dem b RAT
Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by walcolm(m): 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
Folks,

interconnect rate is how much operator A pays to Operator B for calls that emanate from Network A and terminates on Network B. i think where you all missed the point is that you all assumed the savings from the interconnect rate will automatically transfer to the consumers.

the rate only arms the NCC to query the operators in future if the NCC feels that call rates are too high

1 Like

Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by seunlayi(m): 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2013
walcolm: Folks,

interconnect rate is how much operator A pays to Operator B for calls that emanate from Network A and terminates on Network B. i think where you all missed the point is that you all assumed the savings from the interconnect rate will automatically transfer to the consumers.

the rate only arms the NCC to query the operators in future if the NCC feels that call rates are too high

Alright, I got your point. But do you think this is not suppose to affect the call rate afterall, in time past, they do complained about the inter connectivity rate as one of the cost of high cost of call?
Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by seunlayi(m): 6:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
All the network are now rolling out promo in the form of double your recharge and we are yet to hear from NCC if the ban has been lifted.
Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by seunlayi(m): 8:43am On Apr 12, 2013
Having discovered that the April 1 date was not going to be feasible, NCC Thursday, announced April 22 as the new date for the launch of MNP.

In technical parlance, Mobile Number Portability is a process that allows subscribers to migrate from one network to another, in search of better quality of service, while still retaining the original phone number, irrespective of the network the subscriber chooses to migrate to.
Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by seunlayi(m): 11:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
2 months gone, now i belived NCC is a wash away. grin grin grin
Re: Interconnectivity Rate & New Date for No Portability, Is NCC a Tothless Dog? by solar007: 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
is this the reason why mtn is now giving us another useless tariff? To hell with the commission

(1) (Reply)

Why Blackberry Decided To Bring BBM To Android & iOS Mobile Platforms / Tecno Phantom Pad Far Better Than Galaxy Tap 2 / Enjoy Free Mtn 700mb Daily!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.