Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (178858 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2008
@naijafan
I specifically mentioned the ngage platform. It's far easier and more lucrative for developers to bring their apps to apple's appstore. Don't forget that all the sdk apps will run on the iPod touch also, so there's a huge installed base waiting to be tapped.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 10:19am On Apr 09, 2008
texazzpete:

@naijafan
I specifically mentioned the ngage platform. It's far easier and more lucrative for developers to bring their apps to apple's appstore. Don't forget that all the sdk apps will run on the iPod touch also, so there's a huge installed base waiting to be tapped.

The NGage platform is a gaming platform. Dont see why you should be comparing it with Apple's Appstore.

Plus there's a larger base wen it comes to NGage capable devices. In European markets where the iPhone was officially sold, the N95 beat the iPhone in sales. And its not the only NGage capable device.

You can check this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:N-Gage_2.0_games for games already developed for the N-Gage platform by ISVs. wink
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2008
word? u mean the N95 actually sold more than the iPhone is europe? duh!

the iPhone is an exclusive club thing, u wouldn't even be able 2 use it on another network other than the official ones (AT&T, O2, Orange, etc) if not for the hacks, so why won't the N95 sell more? You cannot use sales as a discriminant when talking about the better device, sorry.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2008
logica:

word? u mean the N95 actually sold more than the iPhone is europe? duh!

the iPhone is an exclusive club thing, u wouldn't even be able 2 use it on another network other than the official ones (AT&T, O2, Orange, etc) if not for the hacks, so why won't the N95 sell more? You cannot use sales as a discriminant when talking about the better device, sorry.

Dude, keep your duh to yourself. Shove it up your arse preferably. Next time, dont just read a post and reply. Read wat led to the creation of the post.

Here's a quote from texazzpete
texazzpete:

It's far easier and more lucrative for developers to bring their apps to apple's appstore. Don't forget that all the sdk apps will run on the iPod touch also, so there's a huge installed base waiting to be tapped.
I simply replied that if it comes to what platform is more lucrative for developers based on userbase, then Nseries devices have an edge. . .rather than the iPhone/iPod Touch he suggested. wink

Nowhere did i mention that the N95 is superior to the iPhone cos its got more users.

And please, Bleep all the bruhaha about it not available on networks other than the official one. We know that already. I specifically mentioned in my last post that "In European markets where the iPhone was officially sold. . .". Damn, i just hate illogical posts. . . angry
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by eKWutoZiaM(m): 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2008
naijafan:

The NGage platform is a gaming platform. Dont see why you should be comparing it with Apple's Appstore.

Plus there's a larger base when it comes to NGage capable devices. In European markets where the iPhone was officially sold, the N95 beat the iPhone in sales. And its not the only NGage capable device.

You can check this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:N-Gage_2.0_games for games already developed for the N-Gage platform by ISVs. wink

As logica said above, the N95 is available with every single carrier. In the UK, only O2 has the right to sell the iPhone. Anyone not on the o2 network wishing to have an iphone have to go through the expensive step of canceling an existing contract. not easy.

The ipod touch has sold a very impressive rates in europe. At the end of the day, install base is everything.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2008
eKWutoZiaM:

At the end of the day, install base is everything.

That exactly is what application developers want to know. wink
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by eKWutoZiaM(m): 7:06pm On Apr 09, 2008
@naijafan
Well, that may be correct, but nothing beats iTunes for content distribution. It's the default media player for many people and you can be sure there'll be anough ads pointing towards the games. Even people just out to the appstore to buy a few apps will probably plunk for one or two games.

Moat important, however, is the business model. and 70% of the sales volume goes to the developers. You won't get that kinda deal anywhere else.
Add to that the recent upsurge in iphone sales (after the unlock process got ridiculously easy) and you've got more sales coming up. The inevitable release of a 3G model around June will sway hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of undecided consumers.

I'll bet anything that by november 2008 the combined sales of iPhones and ipod touches will exceed all the Nseries combined.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 7:23pm On Apr 09, 2008
ok, so which is better, N95 or iPhone, because that's what is of concern to most ppl on this thread, we r not here to discuss user-base blah blah blah, leave that to the business model forum or whatever it's called, keep it techy,

ps: i don't have time 2 trade jabs, i'm way 2 old for that cheesy
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 7:34pm On Apr 09, 2008
logica:

ok, so which is better, N95 or iPhone, because that's what is of concern to most people on this thread, we r not here to discuss user-base blah blah blah, leave that to the business model forum or whatever it's called, keep it techy,

ps: i don't have time 2 trade jabs, i'm way 2 old for that cheesy
Sorry to dissapoint you but i think the text in boldface is of interest to just you. You can dig out the threads that made comparisons if u need some good reading.

Oh, yea, we're not here to discuss user-base bla bla bla. . . but does the topic look like 'Which is better, N95 or iPhone'?! You dont have to shy away with a silly reason. Plus no one is asking you to trade yabs. Its bad enough when a post is made out of ignorance. wink

eKWutoZiaM:

@naijafan
Well, that may be correct, but nothing beats iTunes for content distribution. It's the default media player for many people and you can be sure there'll be anough ads pointing towards the games. Even people just out to the appstore to buy a few apps will probably plunk for one or two games.

Moat important, however, is the business model. and 70% of the sales volume goes to the developers. You won't get that kind of deal anywhere else.
Add to that the recent upsurge in iphone sales (after the unlock process got ridiculously easy) and you've got more sales coming up. The inevitable release of a 3G model around June will sway hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of undecided consumers.

I'll bet anything that by november 2008 the combined sales of iPhones and ipod touches will exceed all the Nseries combined.
You got some good points. . . You last statement may be wrong tho. Its a wait and see thingy. You know price is a major factor when people want to chose a phone wink
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2008
indeed you're DISSappointing,

u just throw the word "ignorance" around, like it's a new word u just learnt, this is a thread about the iPhone, if u decide to come in here to yarn about the N95 you are probably the ignorant one, now drop any good apps u know for the iPhone or get the Bleep on,

@Neo,

i just dled the iSpazio suite, will take a look later, seems Zibri has a hand in it as well, i hope the menus are not in italian!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2008
update, the iSpazio Suite is wonderful, a little tweaks are still required, but it's gr8, i'm glad i have an alternative to itunes.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 12:36am On Apr 10, 2008
logica:

update, the iSpazio Suite is wonderful, a little tweaks are still required, but it's great, i'm glad i have an alternative to itunes.

I dont really think Zibri had any hand in it. God knows the pompous SOB would have been bleating to high heavens about it ever since.
Yeah, the suite is wonderful, been using it for a while now, a couple of bugfixes and it'll be perfect.

I still have uses for itunes, though. The option to manually manage music in the iphone allows you to 'roam' grin with your phone. ie, jack up to anyone's system and drag-and-drop.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 12:58am On Apr 10, 2008
logica:

indeed you're DISSappointing,

u just throw the word "ignorance" around, like it's a new word u just learnt, this is a thread about the iPhone, if u decide to come in here to yarn about the N95 you are probably the ignorant one, now drop any good apps u know for the iPhone or get the Bleep on,

Cant remember mentioning that word more than once. Neither did i remember using @logica in ma posts before you brought yourself on. Was having a meaningful conversation with texazzpete before you interupted. so who's supposed to get the Bleep on? Me? I doubt grin

I suggest you handle your biz while i take care of mine. Plus cant remember you being nominated as a board moderator tongue
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 1:24am On Apr 10, 2008
@naijafan
Honestly, you get time to dey argue with these people.

I got my n95 from O2 about the same time my best friend got her iphone from the same phone coy. All she has been doing ever since is complaining about the iphone and wishing she had settled for 95.

Agreed, iphone is pretty. Nice hardware/software, blah blah but for people like my friend and i that are not technology savy as per phones, enjoying iphone to the fullest is a nightmare. You worry about everything-getting compatible softwares which are not easily stumbled upon like in sites like dotsis, etc, ringtones and even down to your computer's operating system.

It has just too many hassles and that rather ruins the whole hype in owning an iphone. Personally,the only thing that turns me on about iphone is the touch screen.

Maybe in the next forthcoming months, iphone might come up with some major changes regarding the iphone to make it more user and 'JJC' friendly(i am pretty sure nokia will also come up with another 'ground breaking' mobile innovation as well). However till then, its the N- Series all the way.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 7:37am On Apr 10, 2008
abeg does anybody have a Serial Key for ShowTime (the vid recorder app)?

& 2 those that insist on using this thread 2 voice their grouse,

i have said it many times already, the iPhone is not really a "phone" when u think about it; and coming from apple, u should know what 2 expect. it's like the mac, i never used the mac tho but just like the mac (i probably would have if my dreams to become a music producer came 2 pass, or if i was into designing killer graphics), the "phone" is targeted at a limited market. there r a whole bunch of ppl who have no biz using the phone, but simply want 2 use it because of the "coolness" factor.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by DualCore1: 8:31am On Apr 10, 2008
@logica
no offense dude, but still waiting for ur first break wid a post tht ain't crap.

P.S: dnt even reply wid more babbling dude, any babbling meant for me, foward it to naijafan, he really has a passion for those who talk plenty, i don't. truth is, not like i'm hating. . . but wen a post gets past 5 lines, i'll rather not read than read and regret time wasted reading crap. got a very low threshold for bullcrap.

@all
wht anyone should expect here is cool iphone apps and discussions on it. not lengthy newspaper-like columns of crap.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by dragnet: 8:48am On Apr 10, 2008
I ignored this thread after the first few posts since I had no iP appz to load. . .bt coming bk . I enjoyd d discussions there-in cheesy up to the point where logica came in & the whole thing went d other way undecided
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by DualCore1: 8:59am On Apr 10, 2008
Ebook reader

Read more and download HERE
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by hayprof(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2008
dudes, its a forum -abeg bone shit.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 9:52am On Apr 10, 2008
logica:

abeg does anybody have a Serial Key for ShowTime (the vid recorder app)?

& 2 those that insist on using this thread 2 voice their grouse,

i have said it many times already, the iPhone is not really a "phone" when u think about it; and coming from apple, u should know what 2 expect. it's like the mac, i never used the mac tho but just like the mac (i probably would have if my dreams to become a music producer came 2 pass, or if i was into designing killer graphics), the "phone" is targeted at a limited market. there r a whole bunch of people who have no biz using the phone, but simply want 2 use it because of the "coolness" factor.
Based on your statement in boldface, i seriously doubt your knowlegde about the very device you so much love tongue Yea yea, the phone is targeted at a limited market. . . just like every other phone out there man.

Dual Core:

@logica
no offense dude, but still waiting for your first break wid a post that ain't crap.

foward it to naijafan, he really has a passion for those who talk plenty,
lol, never noticed grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2008
@Dual Core,

no offense, but kindly ignore my posts. i haven't noticed any of urs till now, please do likewise. (kept as short as possible with consideration for dyslexia)

@naijafan,

u should know what i mean by saying the iPhone isn't really a phone, but a device, take off the Comm Board, and you probably have an iPod-iTouch.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by naijafan(m): 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2008
logica:

@naijafan,

u should know what i mean by saying the iPhone isn't really a phone, but a device, take off the Comm Board, and you probably have an iPod-iTouch.

Yea, logica. I get your point but there are so many devices that are do a lot beyond basic phone communications.
For instance, take the comm board off the N82 and you still hav a high-end digital camera + GPS reciever. . . still with the multi-format music capabilities (theoretical max. microSDHC size of 32GB) and WiFi. . . etc. Plus the N82 runs on two ARM11 CPUs each clocked at 332MHz. Hope you see things from ma perspective brov.

Thats not to say the iPhone isnt a good device. . .yea, it is.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2008
true, bunch of palm-top computers masquerading as cellphones,

but pray do tell, why would u honestly expect somebody who doesn't know how 2 use itunes to use an iphone? yet there r a bunch of ppl out there who own iphones but do not know how 2 use itunes (installation and customization).
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2008
@logica, naijafan
Let's end this argument! The N95 is a great phone, and i like what Nokia has been able to cram into it, but so is the iPhone. Both have their strengths. . .
As for me, i wouldn't swap my iPhone for an N95. But that's my personal preference. Let's end this argument once and for all, k?

@funkybaby
No offense meant, but how can you declare that the iphone isn't 'user-friendly' on the strength of not being able to get apps from dotsis et al?
Even more surprising is your statement about the iPhone 'selecting computer OS'. AFAIK the phone works easily on a Mac and on Windows OS. You claim not to be tech savvy, so that rules out Linux. So what OS? Windows mobile?

The problem is some of you've always had things too easy. Now you have dotsis and other helpful sites. Way back in 2004, i had to get my Symbian apps through IRC. I still have fond memories of installing MIRc and grabbing 0day apps from mediaplace. After that i moved on to ftp. Now i've moved on from Nokia (for now)
Two people now have mentioned lack of iPhone apps on dotsis as reasons for sticking with Nokia. . .if only you knew how easy it is to grab stuff off installer.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2008
serial key for ShowTime please, anybody?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by jidex89200(m): 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ texazzpete
How much does an Iphone cost now if i was trying to buy one?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2008
WinPwn,

this is the windows version of Pwnage, which we all know about (hopefully).

http://www.winpwn.com/index.php/Main_Page
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2008
@texazzpete
Please, i need you to confirm or deny what my friend told me about the iphone.

Is it true you cannot install applications on iphone unless the phone is connected to the internet through wi-fi or gprs?

Please clarify this.

Thank you.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 6:05pm On Apr 26, 2008
@texazzpete
Please, i need you to confirm or deny what my friend told me about the iphone.

Is it true you cannot install applications on iphone unless the phone is connected to the internet through wi-fi or gprs?

Please clarify this.

Thank you.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2008
@funkybaby
That's untrue. many apps can be downloaded manually and copied over to the iphone through the USB connection. The WiFi method is definitely easier and more n00b friendly, especiall;y as permissions don't need to be set usually.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2008
Ok then. Phew! I'm glad to hear that.

The funny thing is my friend who told me this is very phone/computer savvy and he is always grumbling about the various restrictions on the phone.

Thanks for clarifying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (103)

Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now / Tecno M5 discussion thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.