Stats: 3,140,605 members, 7,770,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:56 AM

Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels (2096 Views)

TVC And Channels Stations Rate Them at scale 1-10 / What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) (2) (3) (4)

Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:50am On Apr 09, 2013
When it comes to churning not high quality tv series like Breaking bad, which cable channels or network does it for you?

Personally, I go for anything that is AMC or HBO production. And so far, I haven't being disappointed by my choices yet....except maybe on HBO's Rome.

There are other channels and networks that from time to time dish out mouth watering, nerve racking series of course. And my favorites out side of my top 2 is FOX(FX), SHOWTIME and Cinemax.

Below is the list of my top shows on tv right now and their production Channels and networks.

1. Mad Men (AMC)

2. Breaking Bad (AMC)

3. Game of Thrones (HBO)

4. Sons of Anarchy (FX)

5. Spartacus. War Of The Damned (Starz)

6. Homeland (Showtime)

7. Dexter (Showtime)

8. Hell on Wheels (AMC)

9. The Walking Dead (AMC)

10. Banshee (CInemax)

From the above list, it's pretty obvious that AMC holds sway judging from the number of their series that made my top 10. I simply can't get enough of that premuim channel.

Now, back to you: List your own top 5 or 10 series you have seen and loved and their production Channels/network.

PS: Listing of past series is valid.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:11am On Apr 09, 2013
C'mon guys, don't keep me waiting.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by mrdrizzy(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2013
Hmm.my favourite tv station station still remains cw network..with series like
smallville
nikita
vampire diaries
beauty and the beast
carrie diaries
one three hill.
Hart of dixie
arrow and so on
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
mr.drizzy:
Hmm.my favourite tv station station still remains cw network..with series like
smallville
nikita
vampire diaries
beauty and the beast
carrie diaries
one three hill.
Hart of dixie
arrow and so on

Yeah, CW has some pretty sick series on tv right now, But my beef with them is that their shows are never for mature audience. I get bored easily watching most of them thus. But Smallville and The Vampire diaries and their new show, Arrow are the few acceptions I wouldn't mind watching now and again.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by tayoccu(m): 9:38am On Apr 10, 2013
Doctor Who (the new series) on BBC,
Sci-fi plus good humor.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
tayoccu: Doctor Who (the new series) on BBC,
Sci-fi plus good humor.

I used to watch that series, but lost interest when Tennent stop portraying the Doctor.

Good series then, don't know about now though.

If you like Sci-fi stuffs, you should start patronizing Scy-fy channel more often. They got great shows like Haven and the Sanctuary going on right now. Great stuffs.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by tayoccu(m): 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

I used to watch that series, but lost interest when Tennent stop portraying the Doctor.

Good series then, don't know about now though.

If you like Sci-fi stuffs, you should start patronizing Scy-fy channel more often. They got great shows like Haven and the Sanctuary going on right now. Great stuffs.

Maybe you should pick it up again, Matt Smith is doing a good job (fine he's not Tennant, but he's almost as good), the recurring characters in the post Tennant era are also brilliant,Prof Riversong (she actually made a Dalek beg), Amy, Rory, and a host of others.
The effects are much better.

Is Sanctuary back on? Tot it stopped when all the abnornals went underground?
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
tayoccu:
Maybe you should pick it up again, Matt Smith is doing a good job (fine he's not Tennant, but he's almost as good), the recurring characters in the post Tennant era are also brilliant,Prof Riversong (she actually made a Dalek beg), Amy, Rory, and a host of others.
The effects are much better.

Is Sanctuary back on? Tot it stopped when all the abnornals went underground?

More's the pity because it was a great show. But they are airing the reruns presently.

On Doctor Who, I may decide to download the new season just to see if you right. I hope you are.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by tayoccu(m): 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

More's the pity because it was a great show. But they are airing the reruns presently.

On Doctor Who, I may decide to download the new season just to see if you right. I hope you are.
The new season? Not yet watch seasons 5&6 b4 u jump to 7
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
Just finished downloading Sherlock. The guy playing the protagonist was brilliant. A very likable character. The gist is that he's the one playing the current Doctor Who.

Okay, now I'm hooked. Downloading the 5 and 6 episode is now my top priority.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by tayoccu(m): 9:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: Just finished downloading Sherlock. The guy playing the protagonist was brilliant. A very likable character. The gist is that he's the one playing the current Doctor Who.

Okay, now I'm hooked. Downloading the 5 and 6 episode is now my top priority.

Matt Smith played a villan?
Ok sherlock is on my list.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
tayoccu:

Matt Smith played a villan?
Ok sherlock is on my list.

Nope, he played Sherlock who is the central character(protagonist).
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by tayoccu(m): 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Nope, he played Sherlock who is the central character(protagonist).

Sorry, was a tad sleepy when I typed dat embarassed
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 10:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
tayoccu:
Sorry, was a tad sleepy when I typed dat embarassed

No worries.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by pomporiking: 2:38am On Apr 13, 2013
1,2,4 and 6 are phucking cool op have seen enough of zombie movies so walking dead is of no use.you should also watch boardwalk empire and sopranos..I don't know why everyone is talking bout game of thrones when tudors is far better
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 5:22am On Apr 13, 2013
pompori king: 1,2,4 and 6 are phucking cool op have seen enough of zombie movies so walking dead is of no use.you should also watch boardwalk empire and sopranos..

Watched both already. Loved the Sopranos, hated Broadwalk Empire - Too boring for my taste.

Try giving The Walking Dead a whirl. Believe me, you will not regret it. The series gave post-apocalypse earth era a whole new meaning. And it's very addictive. Once you start watching it, you wouldn't like to stop till you watch the whole thing.

pompori king: I don't know why everyone is talking bout game of thrones when tudors is far better

Say what??! Did I just hear you say Tudors is better than that epic work of art known as Game Of Thrones?

Fella, not even Merlin could measure up to Game Of Thrones, neither could Spartacus, Rome, Camelot...I could go on and on and on.

IMHO, Game Of Thrones is one of the best fantasy series of all times, and can be rightfully classified in the same category of Lord Of The Rings Trilogy.

Your Tudor on the other hand is so boring and unoriginal that most people stopped watching it long ago, your's truly included.

Tudors is not even in my top 30 of good series to watch. But if you think otherwise, na you sabi.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by pomporiking: 8:46am On Apr 13, 2013
Hell nohow can boardwalk empire be boring op,when ma niccur chukky white is dere.everybody cannot keep hyping these game of thrones in ma opinion its not interesting.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by pomporiking: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2013
Hell nohow can boardwalk empire be boring op,when ma niccur chukky white is dere.everybody cannot keep hyping these game of thrones in ma opinion its not interesting.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by pomporiking: 8:48am On Apr 13, 2013
Hell nohow can boardwalk empire be boring op,when ma niccur chukky white is dere.everybody cannot keep hyping these game of thrones in ma opinion its not interesting.(Na only the straffing I dey watch)
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by iamteekaygal(f): 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2013
My favorite for now are;

The vampire diaries
Suits
Revenge
Arror
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 2:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
iamteekaygal: My favorite for now are;

The vampire diaries
Suits
Revenge
Arror

The Vampire diaries is interesting and addictive, Suits is very funny, Revenge is a kind of soap opera that is masquerading as a drama, Arrow is a typical thriller.

Not bad. Your taste in Series is not bad at all but you still need to upgrade.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by khanivorous(f): 3:14pm On Apr 14, 2013
Everything AMC and everything SHOWTIMES

GOT is over-rated. Boardwalk empire was cool coming from HBO

Everything CW is immature except smallville and arrow

Syfy is a total waste of time except stargate atlantis which was way above par

Am onto BORGIA season 3 now
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
khanivorous: Everything AMC and everything SHOWTIMES

GOT is over-rated. Boardwalk empire was cool coming from HBO

Everything CW is immature except smallville and arrow

Syfy is a total waste of time except stargate atlantis which was way above par

Am onto BORGIA season 3 now

Don't know why some people think that Game Of Thrones is over-rated. That series is full of creativity and intrigue.

Syfy is not a total waste of time at all. Apart from their Stargate franchise, they were the authors of notable shows like Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, The Haven and Sanctuary.

I agree with you on CW been a cable channel for young adults though.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by iamteekaygal(f): 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

The Vampire diaries is interesting and addictive, Suits is very funny, Revenge is a kind of soap opera that is masquerading as a drama, Arrow is a typical thriller.

Not bad. Your taste in Series is not bad at all but you still need to upgrade.

Ok, thanks. But which other ones do you think I should upgrade to
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2013
iamteekaygal:

Ok, thanks. But which other ones do you think I should upgrade to

Look for Shameless from Showtimes, you will love it. Sons of Anarchy from FX is also epic.

Below is the list of Tv series I'm personally recommending for you to see.

1. The Sopranos (HBO)

2. Breaking Bad (AMC)

3. Strike Back (Cinemax)

4. House of Lies (Showtime)

5. Weeds (Showtime)

6. Hell on Wheels (AMC)

7. Shameless (Showtime)

8. American Horror Story (FX)

9. Sons of Anarchy (FX)

10. The Killing (AMC)

When you are done watching some of those, then you are officially a Top series veteran, Lol.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by kunlefox(m): 10:43am On Apr 17, 2013
For me...in no particular order, it's HBO,showtime and AMC, they have the best shows around now!
Fox and ABC are after those three...if I want my comedy,CBS is the network for it (as a Big bang theory fan and ex-two and a half men fan).
CW and NBC are the worst...only Nikita and Arrow are worth watching on CW...NBC used to be good though!

Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 17, 2013
game of thrones and homeland,i think homeland would end up being a 24 kind of show.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
kunle fox: For me...in no particular order, it's HBO,showtime and AMC, they have the best shows around now!
Fox and ABC are after those three...if I want my comedy,CBS is the network for it (as a Big bang theory fan and ex-two and a half men fan).
CW and NBC are the worst...only Nikita and Arrow are worth watching on CW...NBC used to be good though!

Dude, it was as if you ripped those words out of my mind. Correct guy.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
uche16: i think homeland would end up being a 24 kind of show.

Not really. I would have agreed if it's only the first season, but the 2nd season had deviated slightly from the original story line, and is more of a love story than the intended terrorism storyline.

The show that is more like 24 right now is Cinemax's STRIKE BACK.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by Kaycee7(m): 1:42pm On Apr 17, 2013
Would have posted my top 5 but they are out of date. Havn't been able 2 focus any new series; lack of hardware. Still can't wait 2 watch Doctor Who and Game of Thrones.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
Kaycee7: Would have posted my top 5 but they are out of date. Havn't been able 2 focus any new series; lack of hardware. Still can't wait 2 watch Doctor Who and Game of Thrones.

Don't worry bro, just go right ahead and post the top 5 shows that you does it for you. Past and present is valid.
Re: Tell Us Your Favorite Series and Channels by Kaycee7(m): 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
1.24 (Fox Network)
2. Prisonbreak ( Fox Network)
3. Friends ( NBC )
4. How I Met Your Mother ( CBS )
5. Naruto ( Studio Periot)

Where Can I Download Foreign And Local Film / State Revoke AIT / Daar Communications C Of O (pix Of Revocation) / Bbtitans 2023: Top 10 Richest Big Brother Titans Season 1 Housemates 2023

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50