Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,905 members, 7,799,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ (23589 Views)

Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters / How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda / Boko Haram Planned To Attack Whole Country – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by 9jauk: 12:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
Who will save Nigeria?
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by ajogbemi: 12:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
God will render you BH powerless n helpless in Jesus name. God is our refuge n strength; in HIM we live n have our being. HE is our shield n buckler,when the enemy want to eat our flesh ,they will always stumble n fall, never to rise up again in Jesus name.And if they refuse to change as their father the devil then;God will deal with them Amen
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by badesco(m): 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
Our Almighty O.P.C. will stop them.so Lagosians please relax as no cause for alarm and everything is under control but be security conscious .
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by TonyMonti(m): 1:29pm On Apr 09, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]Yoruba Muslems are the true peaceful moslems, while the northern moslems are terrorists and jihadists. Please beware.
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by IYANGBALI: 1:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
wawa_boy: Thank God for saving us
shebi i tell you say my papa no dey sleep like our oga at the top
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by ninja4life(m): 1:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
dederocs: i pray it happens soon,so everyone will know the real situation of things.as it things now,the president and everyone are in dream land.i cant wait to see the president's face when that happens. cheesy
amnesty go turn to amnesia...lol
i pray when it happens all ur family members will be victim of d bomb blast in Jesus name in allah's name and in everyting u blive in u person

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by nerodenero: 1:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
OkparaIgbo: Look at how easy it was to nick these miscreants in the bud by simple intelligence provided by Lagosians and someone here will keep ranting about how the North and infact their leaders are not in support of this "man's evil to man" called boko haram. You know these people and infact they live amongst you and in your community and also attend your mosque..so if you want Boko menace to stop in the North then do what the Lagosians have done and expose these killers to the Law and watch it's full force descend on them.. angry Stop with the blaming and propaganda on GEJ, He lives miles away from you Islamic "leaders and elders"
I have stayed in the north and I wonder why it is so difficult to get useful security reports from them.Anyway,some of the leaders in the north had said they will make the country ungovernable for Uncle Jona,the reason for the incessant attack on innocent citizens.They should know that God is watching.
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by IYANGBALI: 1:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
9jauk: Who will save Nigeria?
you dey ask me?
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by IYANGBALI: 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
ninja4life:
i pray when it happens all ur family members will be victim of d bomb blast in Jesus name in allah's name and in everyting u blive in u person
ameeeeeeeeeen and i pray when it happens,he would bé alive to feel the pains and other side effects. Craze dey worry the hediot

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by jjmk(m): 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2013
Nobody has given the security agencies and GEJ any kudos, yet if these terrorists' plans had worked out Nigerians will call for GEJ's head.
TINUBU, LAI MOH'D and BUHARI pls stop the negative propaganda and disinformation against GEJ.
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by Yujin(m): 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
yuzedo: 4th Mainland Bridge needs to be built ASAP!

3rd Mainland is a friggin' sitting target for terrorists! (no pun) Take it down and Lagos will shut down.

BUILD AN ALTERNATIVE!
The key to reducing the concentration on Lagos is developing other coastal towns and cities just as is done in other progress oriented countries. Onitsha, PH and Calabar should come to mind. Today, if Lagos is attacked, Nigeria is finished. Its only a matter of time before BH hits a target in Lagos and nothing will happen. All I pray for is that the innocent will not be af3ected.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by stevebond007(m): 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2013
Dos criminals already ve der eyes in d southwest. Pls be vigilant folks. Report suspicious movements to the police

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by Balkan(m): 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
Scarpon: fashola I hail u
which Fashola? It was the chief of army staff that saved Lagos Gen. Ihiejirika. Get your facts right before you talk
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by dbride: 2:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
OkparaIgbo: Look at how easy it was to nick these miscreants in the bud by simple intelligence provided by Lagosians and someone here will keep ranting about how the North and infact their leaders are not in support of this "man's evil to man" called boko haram. You know these people and infact they live amongst you and in your community and also attend your mosque..so if you want Boko menace to stop in the North then do what the Lagosians have done and expose these killers to the Law and watch it's full force descend on them.. angry Stop with the blaming and propaganda on GEJ, He lives miles away from you Islamic "leaders and elders"

The northern elders and boko haram are one and same people. We are not deceived.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by porka: 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2013
Coco diva: Mr president pls do something significant fast and curb these boko boys.Don't just be a decoration in Aso-rock.
Eko o ni baje o

He's doing something, that's why you are reading this here.

Read the report again, beyond the headline.
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by prettyboi1(m): 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
A majority of Nigerians are so dull & myopic. When boko haram started their insurgency, foolish Nigerians were saying " ki lo kan mi?," " what's my business? As long as it stays in the north of Nigeria, I don't give a shyte. Let them all kill themselves if they like." Lol. A few people like us were saying boko haram is a national problem & not a regional,sectarian or Muslim vs Christian thing but NO! Typical of a lot of Nigerians, they chose to see the whole insurgency with bias based on tribal,religious & local ethnic affiliations forgetting that a lot of the people killed in Northern Nigeria are/were innocent Nigerians of all religions,tribes & ethnicities. Christians,Muslims,Yoruba,Igbo Hausa,Idoma,Tiv,Calabar,Efik,Fulani,Igala, etc Nigerians from all corners (including & mostly people from these Northern states) of the country have been victims but no some people preferred to see it as a fight between "tribes" and/or "religions." A lot of Igbo-Nigerians selfishly claiming that "Igbo people are the most attacked people" as if bombs know how to detect people's tribes before they kill them. A lot of selfish Christians saying "all Muslims are evil because boko haram members are Muslims."

Now,the new defacto government of Nigeria known as the dreaded boko haram is planning to extend their terror campaign from the north to the heart-beat of the country & it's now some people want to start opening their eyes to see rightly? Some blindly still think that boko haram is "trying to islamize Nigeria." Lol. I laugh out really loud. These guys are terrorists & do not necessarily need any reason to back up what they're doing. That's there job & they're doing it & here we have a clueless,daft & weak government that doesn't know what to do,coupled with the fact that the majority of the people of this country are also foolish,daft & biased about every single thing. Nigeria is at war,at war with terrorists, not Muslims or Christians,Igbo,Hausa,Yoruba or Tiv. When we were supposed to work as a nation to fight these terrorists,we were saying "it wasn't our business" & they kept growing & capturing Nigerian territories one after the other.
First it was Borno state, then Yobe,then they expanded to several other states....Niger,Kano,Adamawa,Bauchi, etc & you guys thought they would stop there? If you mumus like, still keep deceiving yourselves that this is about Christians vs Muslims,tribal rivalry or regional rivalry,when we wake up one day & see that we no longer have a country,may be we would realise then,but it would already be too late. I only pray that boko haram is not able to capture Lagos otherwise,we Nigerians would definitely have become refugees.
God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by Kaleni(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
Í don't care, all I want is ur waist! Ur waist!!! I dey laugh
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by porka: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
So what are those funny looking guys doing on that bridge every time?

Is it part of the intelligence too?

I doubt it very much, because there was a decomposing corpse at the Adeniji Adele end of that bridge just yesterday.

That kind of thing calls to question the security preparedness of the country.

It's a shame that in 2013 in Lagos, human remains can be exposed like that.
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by porka: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
pretty_boi: A majority of Nigerians are so dull & myopic. When boko haram started their insurgency, foolish Nigerians were saying " ki lo kan mi?," " what's my business? As long as it stays in the north of Nigeria, I don't give a shyte. Let them all kill themselves if they like." Lol. A few people like us were saying boko haram is a national problem & not a regional,sectarian or Muslim vs Christian thing but NO! Typical of a lot of Nigerians, they chose to see the whole insurgency with bias based on tribal,religious & local ethnic affiliations forgetting that a lot of the people killed in Northern Nigeria are/were innocent Nigerians of all religions,tribes & ethnicities. Christians,Muslims,Yoruba,Igbo Hausa,Idoma,Tiv,Calabar,Efik,Fulani,Igala, etc Nigerians from all corners (including & mostly people from these Northern states) of the country have been victims but no some people preferred to see it as a fight between "tribes" and/or "religions." A lot of Igbo-Nigerians selfishly claiming that "Igbo people are the most attacked people" as if bombs know how to detect people's tribes before they kill them. A lot of selfish Christians saying "all Muslims are evil because boko haram members are Muslims."

Now,the new defacto government of Nigeria known as the dreaded boko haram is planning to extend their terror campaign from the north to the heart-beat of the country & it's now some people want to start opening their eyes to see rightly? Some blindly still think that boko haram is "trying to islamize Nigeria." Lol. I laugh out really loud. These guys are terrorists & do not necessarily need any reason to back up what they're doing. That's there job & they're doing it & here we have a clueless,daft & weak government that doesn't know what to do,coupled with the fact that the majority of the people of this country are also foolish,daft & biased about every single thing. Nigeria is at war,at war with terrorists, not Muslims or Christians,Igbo,Hausa,Yoruba or Tiv. When we were supposed to work as a nation to fight these terrorists,we were saying "it wasn't our business" & they kept growing & capturing Nigerian territories one after the other.
First it was Borno state, then Yobe,then they expanded to several other states....Niger,Kano,Adamawa,Bauchi, etc & you guys thought they would stop there? If you mumus like, still keep deceiving yourselves that this is about Christians vs Muslims,tribal rivalry or regional rivalry,when we wake up one day & see that we no longer have a country,may be we would realise then,but it would already be too late. I only pray that boko haram is not able to capture Lagos otherwise,we Nigerians would definitely have become refugees.

You didn't say what it is about.
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by prettyboi1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2013
vanstanzy: All in a bid to Islamize Nigeria. shocked shocked Then who will remain to convert to Islam after they've killed everyone? Aboki oshi! angry angry
It's this kind of reasoning that is making boko haram defeat Nigeria. You still think this is about "Islamizing Nigeria?" Lol. Nigeria is at war with terrorists,but we keep lying to ourselves & living in denial & keep being biased. We keep on playing the religious,ethnic & regional cards when as a matter of fact & truth a majority of these boko haram foot-soldiers are foreigners & just a few of our own Nigerian brothers from different tribes. Ignorance is more common than "common sense" in Nigeria that's why a lot of people reason like this & that's why we don't seem to have a clue on how to contain common boko haram. It's so sad.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by dbride: 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2013
pretty_boi: A majority of Nigerians are so dull & myopic. When boko haram started their insurgency, foolish Nigerians were saying " ki lo kan mi?," " what's my business? As long as it stays in the north of Nigeria, I don't give a shyte. Let them all kill themselves if they like." Lol. A few people like us were saying boko haram is a national problem & not a regional,sectarian or Muslim vs Christian thing but NO! Typical of a lot of Nigerians, they chose to see the whole insurgency with bias based on tribal,religious & local ethnic affiliations forgetting that a lot of the people killed in Northern Nigeria are/were innocent Nigerians of all religions,tribes & ethnicities. Christians,Muslims,Yoruba,Igbo Hausa,Idoma,Tiv,Calabar,Efik,Fulani,Igala, etc Nigerians from all corners (including & mostly people from these Northern states) of the country have been victims but no some people preferred to see it as a fight between "tribes" and/or "religions." A lot of Igbo-Nigerians selfishly claiming that "Igbo people are the most attacked people" as if bombs know how to detect people's tribes before they kill them. A lot of selfish Christians saying "all Muslims are evil because boko haram members are Muslims."

You are wrong. BOKO HARAM is a Jihadist group loyal to allah and koran. A non-muslim must not lead a bonafide muslim. This would have happened a long time ago but certain dynamics stopped or delayed it. The hausa/fulani muslim is NEVER happy to see a yoruba muslim or christian in power because it is against the teachings of koran. This explains why they take leadership as their birth right. They do not reckon with their yoruba counterpart and they do not hide it. We must understand these dynamics to fully grasp what is happening to Nigeria. SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE is the only way out if God does not intervene in His own strange way.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by mrborntodoit: 3:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
chelseabmw: IF YOU HATE BOKO HARAM BOIZ AS MUCH AS I DO HIT LIKE NOW

How the 'likes' wan change the price of agege bread?
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by PointB: 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
If my memory serves me well, when these boko boys wanted to infiltrate Kano they were discovered, exposed, and resisted by the vigilant people of Kano. Nigerians hailed the people of Kano for their resistance. Alas it was only a phyrric victory. Today the hit Kano almost at will.

I hope I am wrong, but I sense a similar thing happening in Lagos. I don't know what agenda (beyond what is speculated by the media) that boko haram has in Lagos. But if it includes bombing targets, then it would be difficult to completely anticipate every possible scenario let alone preventing them.

If/when Lagos is hit, beyond slaughtering a few hapless and indigent abokis in the SW by affected people (that's if the security agents will stand aside for this to happen) what other measure is Nigeria going to adopt? Amnesty is dead on arrival; anyone who could lay a hand on Ak47 or some automatic weapon will easily give such up for a princely sum whether he is a terrorist or not and perhaps buy many more with the amnesty proceed. Amnesty wont be accepted by the real boko haram. Ask MEND if in doubt.

Vigillance and intelligeny gathering remains key in tackling the menace. The JTF should continue to wear them thin, smoke them out, and put them out of business. Throwing out a white flag only emboldens these terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by Inoknowbook: 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
Very poorly written piece. Nigerian journalism showing its ugly head. cry cry
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by ikweremilitant: 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
Specal announcement for all d yarabas we re granting assylum to all of you incase cos we re our brodas keepers so go to any nija delta embassy near u for ur paper works.we have bult refugee camps for u pepl.pls dis info is for humans not ur ancestors o dey can relocate to cotonu we don't want dem to infst our ancestors with cowardice.d earlier d better boko is coming run run run
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by ikweremilitant: 3:47pm On Apr 09, 2013
Truckpusher: The day one bomb goes kaboom in Lagos,then all bets are off.
na ancestors wey don run go fight.u beter seek asylum nw o
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by ikweremilitant: 3:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
ArQueBusieR: Boko-Haram cannot operate in the South-West where they have few apologists to shield them.
stop consoling urself
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by ikweremilitant: 3:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
jackbauerspower: It can still happen....Rush hour traffic @ 6am or 6pm for maximum impact...

We must prepare for this eventuality...we Yorubas must stockpile arms that will be unleashed on the Marauding Aboki in Reprisal....

Eko o ni baje
atleast u be jackbauer na I trust u,but wait o re u nt waitng for sango agan
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by T9ksy(m): 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
Abeg my people, let's cease kidding ourselves jo!

No one comes in to my house and wreck havoc therein and i will tell you i don't know who the culprit/s is/are.

They eat, sleep, walk, drink and fraternise within the same enclave and yet someone here wants us to believe that the northern leaders/elites do not know who Boko haram are. Were they (northern elites) not the ones who promised us that they will make the country ungovernable, if the extant slowpoke in aso rock wins the last election?

I truly admit that sometimes, i can be quite slow on the uptake but will someone please remind again,what exactly is Boko Haram fighting for? It can't really be proverty...................................
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2013
ikwere militant: stop consoling urself
I'm not an expert on terrorism; but I'm also not clueless about military conventions. Especially as it concerns assymetric warfare and urban combat. Boko-Haram will be massacred by the Army in SW or SE Nigeria, trust me. Btw, hitherto, all my predications concerning Boko-Haram have been spot-on.
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by bigass(f): 4:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
I laugh at Christians who think. Prayer is the key to world's problems . Didn't you read in that your bible that in the end time things like these will and must happen. Nothing can stop it. You heard that wars pestilences earthquakes will all happen. Boko haram alqeeda are all part of the sign of the end. If you are able to avert an attack. Thank your Intelligence units. Look at how US is reacting to North Korea. I bet this Christians would prefer prayer to moving defense system toward the east coast
Re: Boko-Haram Planned To Bomb Third-Mainland Bridge’ by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
If a bomb explodes anywhere in the South West, look no further than GEJ and PDP trying to create religious animosity among the people of that area just to steal support from Buhari. Its their modus operandi, plant a bomb, then blame their opponents.

South Westerners shouldnt be fooled.......

By the way, what happened to the case last week of that house in Lagos that was owned by the Bayelsa State Govt and found stockpiled with weapons, ammo, and all kinds of incendiary devices?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures of Atiku groups, supporters decamping to People's Trust in Bayelsa / Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed / Nigerians Hit Tinubu Over Comments On Borrowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.