Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Me & My Roommate - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Me & My Roommate (1491 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Me & My Roommate by eamon360(m): 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
There is an adage that says “show me your friend and I will tell you who you are”. I can still remember vividly when I was still a growing little boy. My dad once called me and warned me to be careful about girls. As at that time, all what my dad said to me was rubbish in my little ear until I grew older and gain admission into the higher institution. During my days in the higher institution, I comprehend all sorts of attitude/character being put up by different girls to their male counterpart. In the higher institution, you found both the good, the bad and ugly attitude being demonstrates by what we called “campus chick”. But that not withstand, I always hold up to the great advice I received from my papa. As each day passes by, I really have papa to thank for making me to grow up as a sound and matured minded young man when it comes to issues dealing with the opposite sex. Now, I am in my mid twenties (20s) and I am now serving my father land. In other words, I am now a “Youth Coper”. Being a core member has really exposed me to a different environment and the other side of life. I met him inside the long bus that took us from NYSC ORIENTATION CAMP down to our place of primary assignment. Of course we all know perfectly well that no human being born by a woman is perfect. He is a nice guy except for the fact that he likes showing off, always like being noticed and he is so much full of pride. Did I just say pride? Yes I did… I personally always frown at people with pride. Initially I never noticed these odd attitude until we became friends, brother and roommates . it was really cool when we started as friends. Later on, I noticed he is the kind of person always talk with authority. I wasn’t comfortable with that, and I quickly clear am my mind base on logistics, protocols and rude behavior. I also noticed he likes criticizing the kinds of music I play (I no go blame am 4 dat becos , most people don’t like my kind of music, even my girlfriend told me she don’t like my kind of music). but as for me, I always adapt to any kind of music as long as it’s pleasant to my hearing. So, whenever he plays his kind of music, I enjoyed it with him even if it’s his state’s music. Maybe Uzor’s dad never had the chance to sit him (Uzor) down and orient him about “Ladies” like my papa did to me. When it comes to how to treat a lady, myself and Uzor have different ideology in it.
His major power to get hold of any “chick” is “MONEY”. Maybe he don’t have that confident in himself or he never believed that he can be loved by any girl without him spending hell on them. Maybe it would have been better if this is just the case. My guy don’t mind turning himself into an “Akpan” just to please any girl. Yes! It is true it is never my business on how he chooses to go about ladies. But mind you, there is this adage that says “show me your friend and I will tell you who you are”. So, Uzor is my friend and his attitude outside needs a correction. The worse part is, he is never the kind of person that like taking people’s advice. He believes he is always right in whatever he does. But the truth is, it is only a friend that can tell a friend the truth about him in times of disputes or argument. Whenever he sees pretty girls, he must do something or say something, if possible flash out money for the girl to notice his ego. Of course I never dispute the fact that most guys love to hang out with sexy and beautiful “chicks”. But if statistics shows 70% as the urges for all guys put together to be with every pretty girl around them, I presume 10% will be for him.
It is a normal phenomena for a guy to act the way he always act any time he found an opposite sex around him. But it is abnormal to always displease one’s self in the expense of a girl u just met or hear about for the first time. He has been a laughing stock in our neighborhood because people who have noticed his attitude finds it awkward and very funny. And this has really bothered me a lot because he is my friend and my roommate.
At this point, I noticed he never had plans to put away such attitude towards the opposite sex, so I intended advice him in a practical manner. The ideal came when this unknown number keeps on calling my phone, and each time I picked it I hear the voice of a girl. I wasn’t comfortable with this constant call from an unknown girl. So I decided to call her myself and know who the girl was. I call her and this conversations took place…
Girl: hello
Me: who be dis?
Girl: you are the one that called me and u are asking who is this.
Me: somebody use this number call me just now.
Girl: I don’t know oooo
Me: Abeg no call dis line again oooo… I dey beg u.
I angrily hang up the phone
Cynthia (next door neighbor) had my conversation with the unknown girl, and she told me that was how she and her friends do guess number and calls. Sometimes, they do gets “MAGA” that falls in the planed call. She started narrating how a guy fell for her friend’s call. As she was narrating, somebody was on my mind and that person was my roommate. So I told her we should try some one’s number, then I brought out his number and gave it to her with the intention of me and other friends of ours we tease him by the time he must have fall for the trap. I was so adamant that he will fall for the trap.

1 Like

Re: Me & My Roommate by eamon360(m): 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
To be continue...
Re: Me & My Roommate by johnwizey: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
What next
Re: Me & My Roommate by Jerry2i(m): 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2013
mhmm
Re: Me & My Roommate by Dupsie4(f): 1:02am On May 01, 2013
Níce grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Create A Blog / Short Story:. MIDNIGHT CRY 1 & 2 / What Is The Meaning Of Ka In Kabiesi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.