Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,138 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram (16245 Views)

Governor Udom Grants Amnesty To A 64-Year-Old Prisoner (Photos) / Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Be JAILED - Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo / What Is Wrong With Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by aljharem(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2013
By AbdulSalam Muhammad, Kano.
KANO – The President- General Ohanaeze Ndi-Igbo World Wide, Chief Gary Nnachi, has enjoined the Federal Government to hasten the Amnesty program to members of the dreaded Boko Haram, so long that will guarantee peace across the federation.

The President General of the Ohanaeze Ndi-Igbo who was in Kano in company of top notch of Pan Igbo social group to build confidence among the Igbos in the north following the recent bombing Luxurious Bus Park, noted that “peace is the only thing that will guaranteed development and wellbeing of the Nigerian citizenry and federal government should be in the vanguard of ensuring such peace, therefore the government should do whatever it takes including giving amnesty to the Boko Haram members if they will lay down their Arms and leave peacefully with everybody’.

The Ohaneze boss stressed that “Nigeria is a country for everybody, be it Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa or any other Tribe, we don’t have any other place than this our beloved nation and its time we stop deceiving ourselves and leave peacefully with one another, and the freedom of movement, right to leave and ownership should also be guaranteed’.

Chief Gary Nnachi said that “Nigeria is at cross road, and there has never been a time when the country need everybody to fully participate than now in the development and peaceful coexistence of the nation, as such government should use the opportunity to make sure that such chances are not been neglected”.

The President General, accompanied by the Chairman South East Council of Traditional rulers, HRM Eze C. I Ilomuanyi, Senator Hope Uzodima, Chairman Abia Council of Ndi Eze, Eze JA Akilaro, assured that, “as leaders we will do all we could to make sure that Nigeria leave in peace, and we shall continue to protect other ethnic nationalities leaving in the East”.

On his remarks while at government house, Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankawso noted that the last month attacked on the Luxurious Bus Park was nothing but a war without border because it affected almost all Nigerians who are doing business or travelling on that day.

The governor who spoke through the Commissioner of State Affairs, Comrade Aminu Abdusalam, stated that what happened at the Park was most regrettable and condemnable, adding that the attacked simply taught Nigerians to be vigilant in their dealings.

Kwankwaso noted that “the right of living and worship should be ensured and assured to everybody regardless of what he worship or how he wishes to live, so long he has not contravened the laws of the land”, adding that “Kano has been so generous in living with their fellow countrymen, something that has vindicated the fact that the last month attacked was carried out by some miscreants who never wish the state well”.

He said the central message of the government and people of Kano is that “everybody should live in peace and love, with a lot of affections and care, this will inculcate into Nigerians that they are brothers who should help one another in his/her cause.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/ohanaeze-ndi-igbo-backs-amnesty-to-boko-haram/

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by aljharem(m): 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
Very interesting cowardly twist of events grin grin grin jk jk jk

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2013
Dey have started taking drugs dey meant to sell. Oh well such is life, drug dealers are also drug users.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
No be today he don tay wey Ohaneze sopullu Bokoharam.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/829605_kano_-_5_jpg4511c06e1afa7a204b97ff8f2d9b32e3[/img]

Ohaneze and bokoHaram are partners

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by takedat(m): 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
Anything for Government Handout! Its all about the money!
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by vanstanzy(m): 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
Amnesty for the Boko Haram is a very costly mistake. embarassed embarassed embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Iykopee(m): 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
all these people and tinubu aint different.... SNC is d answer, all man go answer him papa name.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by vanstanzy(m): 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
What a TOTAL disgrace! *Weeping!* embarassed embarassed embarassed

10 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by malele(m): 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2013
TOTAL DISGRACE

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by MrGlobe(m): 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
The ohaneze person is speaking for himself and his pockets. His opinion is not in line with the aspirations of ndigbo

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by aljharem(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
Mr. Globe:
The ohaneze person is speaking for himself and his pockets. His opinion is not in line with the aspirations of ndigbo

actually it is, remember Igbo presidency 2015 ? No president needs a terrorist in his/her country destroying his/her administration
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by aljharem(m): 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2013
Mr. Globe:

this onye ofe, when will you ever make a single sense?

But it is what I observed that I am saying

Igbo presidency is dear to Ohaneze (they have the right to do so) and to be president, you need the north as well not just the South. Unless of course my observation is wrong.

You see, Ohaneze does not want to the north to think what's stopping the amnesty are the Igbo leaders. It's call "playing it safe". Good political calculation by Ohaneze.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by DuduNegro: 7:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
i thought igbo people said unlike yoruba leaders, their leaders will never support amnesty for bokoharam?

what changed bunch of sacrificial COWARDS!

16 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by DuduNegro: 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
dayokanu: No be today he don tay wey Ohaneze sopullu Bokoharam.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/829605_kano_-_5_jpg4511c06e1afa7a204b97ff8f2d9b32e3[/img]

grin grin grin

hey Alhaji....thanks for bringing this post. Nice to know that the authoritative voice of igbo people all over the world are in support of amnesty for boko.

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by DuduNegro: 7:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
The President General, accompanied by the Chairman South East Council of Traditional rulers, HRM Eze C. I Ilomuanyi, Senator Hope Uzodima, Chairman Abia Council of Ndi Eze, Eze JA Akilaro, assured that, “as leaders we will do all we could to make sure that Nigeria leave in peace, and we shall continue to protect other ethnic nationalities leaving in the East”.

my brothers,

your political leaders and your traditional leaders made a trip to Kano and gave this commitment to the Kano State Governor. now, who is Hausa slave in Nigeria? this is second time this Eze went to Kano in six months. he went not long ago to settle dispute between a real eze and impostor eze. in Kano.

here is the message : burn your biafran flags and start waving the Green/White/Green. Igbo continues to serve as footmat for Hausa to wipe feet on.

pack of intimidated COWARDS!!

19 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by vanstanzy(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
dayokanu: No be today he don tay wey Ohaneze sopullu Bokoharam.

Dayokanu u fo0l, these people are in no way supporting or in procession for the Boko Haram. What, u think

everyone is blind to read the signs they are carrying? grin U are not that smart, dum @ss. grin grin grin grin
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
vanstanzy:

Dayokanu u fo0l, these people are in no way supporting or in procession for the Boko Haram. What, u think

everyone is blind to read the signs they are carrying? grin U are not that smart, dum @ss. grin grin grin grin

Read the sign and tell us what they mean and how that is different from Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by EkoAtlantic: 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
[size=30pt]Bunch of cowards with fowl mouth[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Tsmooth1(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
I dnt have anything to say on this, let me just occupy the 22nd spot of this thread! * I registered my presence*

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by AlexJ1(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

my brothers,

your political leaders and your traditional leaders made a trip to Kano and gave this commitment to the Kano State Governor. now, who is Hausa slave in Nigeria? this is second time this Eze went to Kano in six months. he went not long ago to settle dispute between a real eze and impostor eze. in Kano.

here is the message : burn your biafran flags and start waving the Green/White/Green. Igbo continues to serve as footmat for Hausa to wipe feet on.

pack of intimidated COWARDS!!
Nonsense

@topic
Those guys there represent their interests and not the interest of Ndi-igbo. We dont recognise that voice.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by 50calibre(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
alj harem:

But it is what I observed that I am saying

Igbo presidency is dear to Ohaneze (they have the right to do so) and to be president, you need the north as well not just the South. Unless of course my observation is wrong.

You see, Ohaneze does not want to the north to think what's stopping the amnesty are the Igbo leaders. It's call "playing it safe". Good political calculation by Ohaneze.

Don't mind these short-sighted people. The Igbos have been mostly on the receiving end of this boko haram menace and since the government is inept at tackling the problem militarily it is only fair to reach a common ground.

The UK settled with the IRA, America are negotiating with the Taliban, OBJ negotiated with MEND.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by hardbody: 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
I cover my head in shame for my people. Must they always do this to us? What has been said does not in any way represent the aspirations of the young Igbo. They are indeed speaking for themselves.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by oyakhi(m): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
How To Order A UK Used Blackberry Phone
For As Low As $15.99 Each
visit http://importationinfo./

for breaking news as they happen
http://breakingnaijanews./
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by valdubem(m): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2013
When my MaSsoB brothers are yet to get their amnesty! What a shame to Ohaneze-Ndiara. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
Are u interested in making money online thru sport betting...mail me@okoya.monsuru@yahoo.com
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by 50calibre(m): 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
Alex J:
Nonsense

@topic
Those guys there represent their interests and not the interest of Ndi-igbo. We dont recognise that voice.

So would you prefer those animals keep killing our Igbo brothers? If there is a solution that leads to peace, shouldn't it be embraced so as to avoid further loss of life?
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
Oh sh.it.

Front page status cheesy

This gonna blow up...
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by confusion247(m): 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ohaneze is a disgrace raised to power two. Very shameful. Igbos ndo nu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saraki’s Arraignment Seen To Boost Investor Confidence / Solar Panels,Grenades,Other Items Recovered From Boko Haram Camps In Borno.PICS / Akinwunmi Adesina: Reports Of Me Endorsing Tinubu Is "Not True"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.