Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,540 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:34 PM

Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims (13682 Views)

Lady Dancing With A Man At Burial Ceremony. See Photos / Burial Of Nkiruka, Student Killed As Pro-Biafrans Protested In Onitsha (Photos) / Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Afriface: 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
The management of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital, UBTH, yesterday said it is planning a mass burial for the victims of Friday’s auto crash on Benin-Ore-Lagos Expressway, which killed scores of travellers.

According to UBTH news bulletin that was signed on behalf of the Chief Medical Director by the Senior Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Kehinde Ibitoye, a mass burial will be carried out for the victims within the next 24 hours if their corpses were not claimed.

The bulletin stated; “The management of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital wishes to inform the general public that the victims of the accident involving a luxury bus, fuel tanker and a trailer belonging to Dangote Group that occurred around Ugbogui in Edo State on Friday, April 5, 2013 would be given mass burial within the next 24 hours.

More at http://www.tundeola.com/2013/04/mass-burial-for-benin-ore-expressway.html

“While sympathising with the relatives of the victims, the management is left with no other options because the bodies are badly burnt and beyond recognition. It is not in the best interest of the hospital and its immediate environs to continue to keep such bodies.”

Scores of people died last Friday in an auto crash that occurred on the Benin-Ore-Lagos Expressway at about 1.30 pm, involving a Dangote Group of Companies’ truck that was carrying cement, a fuel-laden tanker and a fully loaded Young Shall Grow luxury bus believed to have about 60 passengers on board.

While it was learnt that only three passengers were rescued from the luxury bus alive with severe burns, it was gathered that the trailer that was heading towards Benin suffered a burst tyre before ramming into the petrol tanker, which instantly fell on the luxurious bus, with all the vehicles bursting into flames in the process.

The destructive impact of the accident has made the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, to decide that it will henceforth sue corporate bodies whose heavy duty vehicles cause accidents on federal highways.

More at http://www.tundeola.com/2013/04/mass-burial-for-benin-ore-expressway.html

Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by playcharles(m): 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
MAY THE SOUL OF THE FAITHFULS REST IN PEACE

........\...../
......╚⊙ ⊙╝
...╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
...╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝

1 Like

Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by buklan4realyah(f): 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
HAHHAHAH! JESU' shocked shocked... AV MERCY LORD. cry cry cry
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Judolisco(m): 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
Was d driver speeding or wat now God ave mercy on nigeria even our road is enough 2 kil
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Afrocatalyst: 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2013
This is bad.
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Abbey56(f): 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2013
May their soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by fidelix: 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
burnt beyond recognition and propose mass burial yet asking relative to come and claim their corps with what form of identification

1 Like

Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by bobbyruffy(m): 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
Lord hav mercy.... Thnks 4 d gift of life n grantin my father a safe journey dat same day. May ur name b praised nw n 4 eva. Accept dia souls in ur bossom. May d souls of all d departed 2ru ur mercy lord, R.I.P

2 Likes

Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by simplyOJ(m): 2:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
Sad
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by ocee31(m): 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2013
RIP Peace. 1st it was ur dad nw you, your mum & your sister had to go & join him. The whole IUO misses you
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by parismarc: 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
The Vanity of Life,this is indeed very sad,may the souls of the dead Rest In Peace.Amen.
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by sammyyoung2(m): 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Rick9(m): 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
I somehow knew 1 of the girl that died in the Accident her bro is a Catholic priest ,
just last month they lost thier Dad now this has happened

R I P
anytime i think about it i feel like crying cos it could have happened to anyone even me and you.

I thank God am alive.
I come against every spirit of untimely death in my life , any member of my family life, and my friends lives,

and for all my friends and pals on
Nairaland , Facebook, 2go Naijapals etc
may God protect them from untimely death.

In Jesus Name ...

13 Likes

Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by bigpastor(m): 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2013
O ma se oooo
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by MMM2(m): 3:21pm On Apr 10, 2013
Rick9: I somehow knew 1 of the girl that died in the Accident her bro is a Catholic priest ,

R I P
anytime i think about it i feel like crying cos it could have happened to anyone even me and you.

I thank God am alive.
I come against every spirit of untimely death in my life , any member of my family life, and my friends lives,

In Jesus Name ...

AMEN

May dere soul RIP
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by beautyx5: 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2013
I lost my grandmum and 2cousins that day. Still wishing they did not have to die that way. In such pain and agony. God remains faithful. I wont question Him.

May noone have to go through this sort of pain. May their souls rest in peace. I hope they did not suffer for long. Adieu....

1 Like

Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
cry cry cry
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by ogejov(f): 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2013
May their soul rest in peace
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Kuulnomsy(m): 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2013
beautyx5: I lost my grandmum and 2cousins that day. Still wishing they did not have to die that way. In such pain and agony. God remains faithful. I wont question Him.

May noone have to go through this sort of pain. May their souls rest in peace. I hope they did not suffer for long. Adieu....

Take heart buddy cry

2 Likes

Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Inoknowbook: 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2013
Only God knows the number of accidents that have been caused by Dangote's long haulage vehicles. Dangote, at the end of the day, always go scott free.

1 Like

Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Kuulnomsy(m): 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
?
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by bisi16(m): 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
did anybody survive at all? really terrible
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by adesolajtoyin: 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2013
lord i thank u for granting me journey mercy on ds road last week friday,may their souls rest in peace.
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by gistme24(m): 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
An IT project point man , in a Major insurance firm were I am currently on a project, lost his life. He was in the luxury bus going on some days leave. His colleague at work actually called him around noon that day to resolve some technical issues.

What a violent way to go. Rest in peace Ameachi.
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
My former colleague and head of IT dept in my 1st place of work lost his life in the accident cry. He was in the bus and his obituary is all over facebook cry And d most painful thing is that the guy's wife only put to bed in december last year. He's still a young guy...perhaps 35 yrs max. Kaiiiii.....May we never suffer this sort of calamity again! May all the souls of the departed RIP.... embarassed
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by jimtosam: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
This is really painful.. God will seek their blood from all the top officials in Nigeria that fail to make things work..None of them will be spared of God's wrath. I got disturbed when people are dieing of cheap death in Nigeria.

Make train works and let these tankers and Dangote trucks get off our roads.
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by topmostg: 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2013
Inna lilahi waina ileihi rajiun.... May they rip..
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by crackhouse(m): 4:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
Nigeria is a useless country, road safety people are just making noise cos i know they will end up doing nothing about this. sue what? na today we begin hear am?. useless country.
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Nasri100(m): 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

Una noe wan get brain shaa sad
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
I lost my rmmate in camp,RIP corper Jane,u were so full of life
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Soso990240(m): 6:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
buklan4real@yah:
y u de laugh? Mtchwww
Re: Mass Burial For Benin-ore Expressway Auto Crash Victims by Blackgold09(f): 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2013
Rick9: I somehow knew 1 of the girl that died in the Accident her bro is a Catholic priest ,

R I P

I thank God am alive.

In Jesus Name ...
Amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Were You On September 11th 2001? / Happy New Year (2019)! / Strictly Wedding Packages By Event Planners For Wedding Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.