Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (7630 Views)

10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses / 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: / 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 9:41am On Apr 10, 2013
Pygru:
Like those who attend a Catholic /Protestant church or receive a blood transfusion

Can you please name just one person that was disfellowshipped for accepting blood transfusion??.......please just one person...
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 9:43am On Apr 10, 2013
Pygru:
Does that Ivalidate the other points raised

Like I said choose one point and we discuss before another.....I can't attend to all points at once..........besides some claims there are twisted ......
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 9:57am On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

Like I said choose one point and we discuss before another.....I can't attend to all points at once..........besides some claims there are twisted ......
Nothing to discuss there.
I have played my part.
It's now left for you to counter what I have said.

wink
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 10:00am On Apr 10, 2013
Pygru:
Nothing to discuss there.
I have played my part.
It's now left for you to counter what I have said.

wink

Lol...how do you even know that what you pasted is true.??...that's my problem...you've pasted so many lies here and you expect me to start attending to all..I don't even knw where to start from...you don't even know which you want me to attend to...

You're just a waste of time and space.....

All I want to do is debunk the foundation on which you stand..but you are even afraid to come out and play.......

Let's deal with the major doctrines...

##trinity
##..hell fire.

As for tithing my other colleagues have done a nice job........
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by mumumugu(m): 10:08am On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

I've told you were our starting point should be........let's discuss with the scriptures...stop this childs play........

Decide which topic we tackle first.....
you are funny.when debating with catholics, you easily throw seven questions at once, from worshiping status,to praying to Mary , to use of candle to pope is antichrist. Now you ask for step by step analysis.
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 10:10am On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol...how do you even know that what you pasted is true.??...that's my problem...you've pasted so many lies here and you expect me to start attending to all..I don't even knw where to start from...you don't even know which you want me to attend to...

You're just a waste of time and space.....

All I want to do is debunk the foundation on which you stand..but you are even afraid to come out and play.......

Let's deal with the major doctrines...

##trinity
##..hell fire.

As for tithing my other colleagues have done a nice job........

Pls do not derail this thread.
I think you have forgoten the title of this thread.
It's 'Facts you should know about Jehovah's Witnesses'. grin
If you want to discuss about Hell/Godhead you know what to do!!!
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 10:11am On Apr 10, 2013
Pygru:

Pls do not derail this thread.
I think you have forgoten the title of this thread.
It's 'Facts you should know about Jehovah's Witnesses'. grin
If you want to discuss about Hell/Godhead you know what to do!!!

And what should I do??......
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 10:14am On Apr 10, 2013
mumumugu: you are funny.when debating with catholics, you easily throw seven questions at once, from worshiping status,to praying to Mary , to use of candle to pope is antichrist. Now you ask for step by step analysis.

Naaaaa.......we stay on a topic till the end...if its about mary we discuss it right down to the end...if its about the use of the rosary we discuss it right down to the end......if its about purgatory we stay on the topic.......

And I can't remember when I argued about the use of candles with anybody....abi u dey mistake me for someone else??
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 10:15am On Apr 10, 2013
mumumugu: you are funny.when debating with catholics, you easily throw seven questions at once, from worshiping status,to praying to Mary , to use of candle to pope is antichrist. Now you ask for step by step analysis.
grin
he is been served a dose of his own medicine.
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 10:19am On Apr 10, 2013
Pygru:
grin
he is been served a dose of his own medicine.

Just on the other thread u introduced the trinity and hell fire dogma.....we engaged u,but u ran away.....how can I engage a fool like you that doesn't stay focused to discuss points........

Before you opened this thread you had not even discussed 1/10th of the issues you brought up on the other thread.......

And I should take you serious??
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 10:55am On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

And what should I do??......

Open a [/b]new[/b] thread
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2013
Pygru:
Open a [/b]new[/b] thread

Go to this thread...

www.nairaland.com/1252753/christianity-really-monotheistic-religion

Deep sight just created a thread for the trinity doctrine you love so much....

Can you just go there and let's see what you got??.......
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by PastorOluT(m): 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
iamSi: What kind of religion condemn others _ wanting people to come to their? LoL

This is not condemnation, he is just revealing the facts. Besides did you not the place where he says they are good people under false oranimation and that we should show them love?

God bless u for the info @ op
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid: Naaaaa.......we stay on a topic till the end...if its about mary we discuss it right down to the end...if its about the use of the rosary we discuss it right down to the end......if its about purgatory we stay on the topic.......

Why are you lying openly in public?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:
The JW's have in the past anticipated the worlds end and so engaged in scriptural chronology.......and YES some were mistakes on our part......and what have we done.??we've adjusted......who says we shouldn't and can't adjust??

So wo was the inspiration behind the false prophecies you call "mistakes?" God or Satan?

ijawkid: ...we don't remain stiff necked even whÉn it is glaring that §omething is wrong........

But you can see that something is wrong and you remain stiff-necked. Your sect made a prophecy purportedly from God that the world would end in 1975. This is 2013 and the world has not ended. Who lied? God or your sect? And you remain there. Are you not stiffinecked?

ijawkid: but that has not changed a thing about the JW's........we don't joke with the prophecies about an impending destruction of this world.......we are ever observant to worlds affairs and how they are connected to scriptural prophecies........

You mean you don't joke with your false prophecies.

ijawkid: The question you should ask yourself now is::::::

What do JW's believe...........

Why should I ask that? Do you ever ask what Catholics believe?

ijawkid: When I attack the doctrines of my colleagues here I first of all know what they really believe down till this moment...........

That is a lie. Every Catholic tells you that they worship God alone yet you run around saying that we worship Mary, Saints, Pope, statues, rosaries, candles etc.

1 Like

Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by woky: 8:10pm On Apr 10, 2013
megawax8: i tink people should alwayz kno deir roots wen practicin a particular faith,it sure helps dan beleivin wateva sum pple made our fadaz beleive......true talk:90% of us r in churches/worship wher we were born into cos 'our parents' tink its ryt...
Evn a child raised by a stepfather demands to kno his father or wat happened to him wen he's fully grown and can choose ryt from wrong....its not called foolishness,its called wisdom....
KNOW THY FAITH TODAY!!

Proudly catholic*i kno dis wil cause sum flares,bt i am proud to be a catholic*
Glory to Jesus bro!
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by woky: 8:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
he neva see anytin..
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by woky: 8:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

Naaaaa.......we stay on a topic till the end...if its about mary we discuss it right down to the end...if its about the use of the rosary we discuss it right down to the end......if its about purgatory we stay on the topic.......

And I can't remember when I argued about the use of candles with anybody....abi u dey mistake me for someone else??
JWs dy also use candles Anyway me jst dy follow d thread
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by woky: 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2013
ijawkid:

Just on the other thread u introduced the trinity and hell fire dogma.....we engaged u,but u ran away.....how can I engage a fool like you that doesn't stay focused to discuss points........

Before you opened this thread you had not even discussed 1/10th of the issues you brought up on the other thread.......

And I should take you serious??
bros y u dy call person fool na..?? Relax
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
italo:

So wo was the inspiration behind the false prophecies you call "mistakes?" God or Satan?

The drive for truths and also anticipation of Gods kingdom is what was responsible......

italo:

But you can see that something is wrong and you remain stiff-necked. Your sect made a prophecy purportedly from God that the world would end in 1975. This is 2013 and the world has not ended. Who lied? God or your sect? And you remain there. Are you not stiffinecked?

Why should I have left??........do we still hold on to 1975....??...besides the 1975 issue was a speculation and wasn't even a stamped fact back then..........

A stiff necked person is one who would hold on to something for all eternity even when shown the way to make improvements....

italo:

You mean you don't joke with your false prophecies.

I don't joke with end time events and how they fit into scriptural prophecies found in the bible.........if you are not doing that then I guess you are not anticipating an end......abi??...

italo:

Why should I ask that? Do you ever ask what Catholics believe?
Ofcoures I do.......I don ask tire.....and we've argued over it much on this forum.......

italo:

That is a lie. Every Catholic tells you that they worship God alone yet you run around saying that we worship Mary, Saints, Pope, statues, rosaries, candles etc.

Ahhh!!!...........now you see all the wahala u mentioned.??,,,..if the witnesses were in you guys shoes they would have abandoned all of those fettish practices and made adjustments.....now that's the difference between a JW and stiff necked people like you....even when the scriptures itself shows that you are plain wrong,you guys stubbornly choose to stick to what you do because of traditions..........

For example::.

If after studying much I come to a realization that the use of beads in worship isn't christian or has any foundation in christianity but rather on paganism why can't I make adjustments??.......

Ask yourself.......ask......
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 12:00am On Apr 11, 2013
See what His Royal Highness has to say
frosbel: There are five important facts to remember about the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Organization.

1. They have accepted the Organization as the Prophet of God.

2. They have accepted the Organization as God's sole channel for His truth.

3. They believe that to reject the Organization is to reject God.

4. They believe that only the Organization can interpret the Bible; as individuals they are unable to do so.

5. They believe the Watchtower Magazine contains God's truth, directed by Him, through the Organization.

What does the Organization and Watchtower Magazine teach that is in conflict with Orthodox Christianity?

1. That Jesus is a created being/a creature.

2. That Jesus is actually Michael the Archangel

3. That Jesus was not resurrected bodily, but as a spirit being.

4. That Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 (secretly to the Organization)

5. That Jesus was only a man when on earth, not the Word Become flesh.

6. That the Holy Spirit is only an active force, not the person of God.

7. That Hell is simply the grave.

7. That Heaven's doors is open to only 144,000.

8. That the majority of Witnesses must remain on earth.

9. That salvation is found only through the Organization.

10. That it must be maintained by energetic works for the Organization until the end when one may merit eternal life on a paradise earth.

The Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe or teach some of the very basic tenets of Christian doctrine.

They deny:

1. The Omnipresence of God.

2. The Deity of Christ.

3. The bodily resurrection of Christ.

4. The visible return of Christ.

5. The Promise of Heaven to all believers.

6. The necessity of the New Birth for all believers.

https://www.nairaland.com/984261/what-does-jehovah-witness-watchtower
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 12:02am On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid: But I thought u urself recently concluded that HELL is d common grave of mankind...

Or have u been hallucinating lately??

Was it not u that recently argued tooth and nail with ola and many others that Hell is not a place of torment but Hades??
How does that ur new found knowledge differ with that which d witnesses believe in??

Frosbel it seems u'v become so confused as to what u believe and advocate.....

Jehovahs witnesses dnt believe in d immortality of d soul which I know and which u recently just knew....

Put it up there in ur list.......

U will use those hands and mouth to come bak to back up those teachings up there ur fighting against....

Soonest!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its gonna be gradual.....

1st its ur change of understanding as regards Hell...

2ndly is ur change of understanding regarding d immortality of d soul....

Other changes are coming my bro.......

If Jesus wasn't fully a man on earth he wouldn't die my bro...
Acquire some common sense.....

If Jesus was God bodily he would nt die,he would not forget when d world would end,he will not worship some1 else...

He wouldn't be called the son of man,......

What do u tink d word ""SON of MAN"" means??

The Jehovahs witnesses have always been right on this issue.....

I espouse there stand on it.......

https://www.nairaland.com/984261/what-does-jehovah-witness-watchtower
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 6:36am On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:
The drive for truths and also anticipation of Gods kingdom is what was responsible......

So prophecies no longer come from God?

ijawkid: If after studying much I come to a realization that the use of beads in worship isn't christian or has any foundation in christianity but rather on paganism why can't I make adjustments??.......

If your doctrines can change, how do you know the ones you hold today are true and will not change tomorrow?

And who inspired the first one that was later declared wrong? God or satan?

1 Like

Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

So prophecies no longer come from God?

Prophecies from God are already in the scriptures......matured christians only juxtapose them with the happenings around the world.........awareness my bro.....I guess you don't have that.....

italo:

If your doctrines can change, how do you know the ones you hold today are true and will not change tomorrow?
Example??.....you mean trinity,xmas,hell fire,easter,neutrality to politics and wars etc or our observance to world events??......you know our tenets.....the foundation doesn't change.....we remain meticulous followers of Christ.......

italo:

And who inspired the first one that was later declared wrong? God or satan?

I have told you.....the fervor for seeing an end to this wicked world is the driving force..which ofcourse is from God......

And that drive is still intact........that's why we preach tirelessly........

I guess you don't have time for that since you're pre-occupied with idol worship....
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 12:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

I have told you.....the fervor for seeing an end to this wicked world is the driving force..which ofcourse is from God......

And that drive is still intact........that's why we preach tirelessly........

I guess you don't have time for that since you're pre-occupied with idol worship....

So the fervor that made your sect to lie that the world would end in 1975 is from God?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Ahh the 1914 issue.........you were here on nairaland when this issue was discussed extensively by truthislife and barrister.....weren't u??.......and you guys call it russels teachings.............is russell the same as Jehovahs witnesses??.......

My question was: is it true?

Is it true that Charles Taze Russel (the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses) lied that Jesus would come back in 1914...and when we didnt see Jesus, he quickly lied again that Jesus had already come invisibly?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
Before he got his religious career well underway, Charles Taze Russell promoted what he called "miracle wheat," which he sold at sixty dollars per bushel. He claimed it would grow five times as well as regular wheat. In fact, it grew slightly less well than regular wheat, as was established in court when Russell was sued. Later he marketed a fake cancer cure and what he termed a "millennial bean" (which a wag has said probably got that name because it took a thousand years to sprout).

Is this true?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Ask the OP.......I just don't know where he got these info's from....smh!!!........

Besides I wonder if these are doctrines........

Let the OP come out and tell us where he got these info's from...because I know nothing about them......

In his 1920 book titled Millions Now Living Will Never Die. Rutherford taught that the millennium would start in 1925, that the patriarchs; Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were going to return to earth physically. To help God out he built a large palatial Spanish mansion in San Diego, California for Abraham Isaac and Jacob to live in, he called it Beth-Sarim -House of Princes, and tried to deed it to King David.

Some quotes of anticipating this event “There will be no slip -up.... Abraham should enter upon the actual possession of his promised inheritance in the year 1925” (WatchTower 10/15/1917, p. 6157)

“Beth Sarim was built in 1929 as proof that the resurrection would soon take place.” (Salvation p.311)

“The press has scoffed at Beth Sarim, but those faithful men of old will be back on earth before Armageddon ends.” (WatchTower 3/15/1937 p.86)

“Beth Sarim, built in 1930 is now held in trust for the occupancy of those princes on their return. “ (New World p.104)

“After 1925 expect shortly Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Issac, Jacob…”(Way to Paradise p.224)”The undertakers will decorate these new rooms for the resurrected ones.” (ibid. p.228)

1925 came and went as do all their dates. When and Abraham, Isaac and Jacob never showed up, Rutherford did not want to waste a perfectly good mansion so he moved into it himself and lived there until he died in 1942.

50 years later the Watchtower wrote “Beth Sarim was built for brother Rutherford’s use.” (1975 yearbook)

1975 YEARBOOK, p. 146: “The year 1925 came and went. Jesus' anointed followers were still on earth as a class. The faithful men of old times—Abraham, David and others—had not been resurrected to become princes in the earth. (Ps. 45:16) So, as Anna MacDonald recalls: '1925 was a sad year for many brothers. Some of them were stumbled; their hopes were dashed.... Instead of its being considered a “probability,” they read into it that it was a “certainty,” and some prepared for their own loved ones with expectancy of their resurrection.”

5 years later they commented “Considerable expectation was aroused regarding the year 1975.... Statements published that implied that such realiza­tion of hopes by that year was more of a probability than a mere possibility. It is to be regretted ... the publication of the information that contributed to the buildup of hopes centered on that date.” (Watchtower 3/15/1980, p. 17)

What the Jehovah’s Witness organization actually said, “Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old. . . (Millions now living will never Die , pp. 89-90)

These lies are from Jehovah's Witnesses authorized publications, arent they, Mr Ijawkid?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 1:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

The members lacked the credentials for bible translation but they were able to restore the name of God which persons in the past removed......right??.....can pygru and you tell us the credentials that one should have that would qualify him or her to translate the bible??

We've argued extensively on john 1:1 on this religion forum.............

You know the witnesses bÓldy woÙld tell yoÙ ::::::.........we don't believe in the trinity...and we are ever ready to discuss it.........

Which Bible did Russell and Rutherford use?

Didnt Knorr adulterate the Bible to suit your sect's heresies?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 1:08pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

What credible source??.........can you tell me??.......

I have already given quotes from Jehovah's Witnesses authorized publications like Watchtower, Salvation etc
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
mumumugu: Italo take it easy

I'm taking it easy, that's why I'm not making allegations. I'm only asking him questions.

If I want to attack him like he attacks us...
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

FALSE..........JW's own schools and hospitals......now this is a lie from pygru.......

but the fact still remains that JW's are not steeped into the worlds pursuit because this life isn't all there is......we put in 90 percent of our energies in preaching....the same exact way Jesus did...

But talking about witness not operationg schools and hospitals even you italo knows its a lie.....

I dont know, maybe you can show us Schools Jehovah's Witnesses own.

Jesus did not put in 90 percent of his time into preaching. His active ministry was 3 out of his 33 years on earth.

Jesus was the son of a carpenter and I'm sure he helped his father with his work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria / Can Any Other Christian Relate With This Blasphemous Prayer By The Vatican / Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.