Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (7624 Views)

10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses / 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: / 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

And who is this man??.....why should I believe all the hogwash he wrote??

You will at least believe the hogwash written by your sect which I quoted above.
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

We disfellowship basically unrepentant wrongdeors.........hope you see the clause there..??.....UNREPENTANT.........

And the many who are disfellowshiped are those who have chosen to lead immoral lives incessantly.........

1 corinthians 5:9-13.......

My question was: is it true? (especially the bolded).

italo: Jehovah's Witnesses may be "disfellowshipped" for a variety of reasons, such as attending a Catholic or Protestant church or receiving a blood transfusion. Disfellowshipping is the sect’s equivalent of excommunication, though somewhat more harsh. A disfellowshipped Witness may attend Kingdom Hall, but he is not allowed to speak to anyone, and no one may speak to him. The others are to act as though he no longer exists. This applies even to his family, who may only communicate with him as much as absolutely necessary.

TRUE OR FALSE?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

italo: Jehovah's Witnesses may be "disfellowshipped" for a variety of reasons, such as attending a Catholic or Protestant church or receiving a blood transfusion. Disfellowshipping is the sect’s equivalent of excommunication, though somewhat more harsh. A disfellowshipped Witness may attend Kingdom Hall, but he is not allowed to speak to anyone, and no one may speak to him. The others are to act as though he no longer exists. This applies even to his family, who may only communicate with him as much as absolutely necessary.

TRUE OR FALSE?
Pls, Tamper Fire with small cold water grin
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 1:50pm On Apr 11, 2013
MORE LIES, DECEIT AND HERESIES FROM JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

“…Jehovah’s organization alone, in all the earth, is directed by Gods Holy Spirit or active force.” [b](Watch Tower p.402 Sept.1 1973)

“Avoid Independent Thinking .. How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization.” (Watchtower Jan. 15 1983 22)

Yet, Ijawkid would always crucify Catholics for submitting to Church teaching and for believing that God's Church is visible and organizational.

“It is easy for the established churches of Christendom and other people to criticize Jehovah's Witnesses because their publications have, at times, stated that certain things could take place on certain dates. But is not such line of action in harmony with Christ's injunction to 'keep on the watch'? ... But is it not far preferable to make some mistakes because of overeagerness to see God's purposes accomplished… ?” (Watchtower Dec 1 1984 17-cool

But here is what they said earlier: “Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, since October 1874, A. D. according to the testimony of the prophets, to those who have ears to hear it...” (Studies in The Scriptures vol.4 p.621 1897 (Watchtower Reprints, July 15, 1905, p. 3576)

“The scriptures show that his second coming presence was due in 1874….This proof shows the Lord has been present since 1874…” (Watchtower.p.67, Mar.1, 1923)

“...we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished by the end of A.D. 1914” (Watchtower founder, Charles Taze Russell, The Time is at Hand, p. 99).

“...the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced” (Ibid., p. 101).

If you are saying the Scripture are saying this and giving a date, is this not prophecy? If this prophecy had come to pass would it not mean it was true a prophecy?

“Reexamine ... Vol. 2, pages 246 and 247; change the 37 to 40, 70 to 73 and 1914 to 1918, and we believe it is correct and will be fulfilled 'with great power and glory.”' (Studies in the Scripture, Vol. 7, p. 62)

“This chronology is not of man but of God ... of divine origin ... absolutely and unqualifiedly correct.” (Watchtower 7/15/1922, p. 217)

“CAN IT BE DELAYED UNTIL 1914?...our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date. They say that they do not see how present conditions can last so long under the strain. We see no reason for changing the figures - nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God's dates not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble” (Watch Tower, 15 July 1894, p. 226. p. 1677 reprints).

Gods dates means what?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 2:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
MORE LIES, DECEIT AND HERESIES FROM JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

“No doubt Satan believed the Millennial Kingdom was due to be set up in 1915.... Be that as it may, there is evidence that the establishment of the Kingdom in Palestine will probably be in 1925, ten years later than we once calculated.” (Studies in the Scripture Vol. 7, p. 128)

1914, 1915 came and went without the world coming to an end, then they continued to 1925…

“The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures because it is fixed by the law God gave to Israel. Viewing the present situation in Europe, one wonders how it will be possible to hold back the explosion much longer; and that even before 1925 the great crisis will be reached and probably passed” (Watch Tower, p. 262 Sept.1, 1922,).

“The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scripture even more clearly than that of 1914; but it would be presumptuous on the part of any faithful follower of the Lord to assume just what the Lord is going to do during that year” (Watchtower, p. 211 July 15, 1924).

“It is to be expected that Satan will try to inject into the minds of the consecrated the thought that 1925 should see an end of the work, and that therefore it would be needless for them to do more.” (Watchtower 9/1/1925, p. 262)

Was it not the Watchtower organization itself that promoted these dates? Instead they blame Satan for the date 1925 being the end, and they are right that date of the end was from Satan.

50 years later… What they say now...

"Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.' Never did they say, 'These are the words of Jehovah.'" (Awake!, p. 4, March 1993 ).

REALLY? They said it was God’s dates and from the Scripture, that is in the name of the lord.

The Watchtower has also said that some have Jehovah's spirit “does not mean those now serving as Jehovah's witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine The Watchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes.” (May 15, 1947, page 157)

“The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic.” (August 15, 1950, page 263)

“The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)” (February 15, 1981, p.19. Awake! 1993 March 22 pp.3-4 Why So Many False Alarms?)

These were only mistakes, but there own words convict them.

Speaking of Russell who recently died ... Truly there lived among us in these last days a prophet of the Lord... his works remain an enduring witness to his wisdom and faithfulness! (Watchtower 1917 June 1 p.6091)

“True, there have been those in times past who predicted an “end to the world” even announcing a specific date…The end did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying.” (Awake Oct.8, 1968).

This means everyone but themselves. God does not make mistakes, man does. All one has to do is miss once to be a false prophet. Says who? God Deut 13, Deut 18) Jesus said he is the truth , the truth will make you free. His word is the truth, and if you believe the Bible you cannot believe the Watchtower

... Brother Rutherford ... May 1-3, 1926 . . . 'It was stated in the “Millions” book that we might reasonably expect them to return shortly after 1925, but this was merely an expressed opinion.' A mistake had been made but, as Brother Rutherford stated, this was no reason to stop serving the Lord.” (1980 YEARBOOK, p. 62)

How can this be a mistake When he said “ we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old ... to the condition of human perfection” (“Millions Now Living Will Never Die,” and Watchtower, 7/15/24, p. 89).

Really is that what happened. These men of the watchtower are like religious politicians, they never are responsible for what they say or do for the the Lord.

”The new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old and the beginning of reconstruction, it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die.” (Millions Now Living Will Never Die. 1920 p. 97)
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

So the fervor that made your sect to lie that the world would end in 1975 is from God?

We didn't lie,we only speculated.........being expectant...........I hope you know the difference.......what would we stand to gain if we lied??...were we going to make money from it??........we were only expectant....I don't see anything with being expectant of Gods kingdom........

Is there anything wrong mr italo??
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

My question was: is it true?

Is it true that Charles Taze Russel (the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses) lied that Jesus would come back in 1914...and when we didnt see Jesus, he quickly lied again that Jesus had already come invisibly?

Can you define what a lie is??......these guys only had on thing on there mind.......and that was keeping awake and being on the watch..........the truth is you are not doubting the chronology itself but the speculations and expectancy.............now that we understand better why don't you ask what we believe rather than paste from a site??............

When I take on you guys I go to the scriptures.........being expectant is not a sin.......if it is tell me......

Jesus as we know has been enthroned as king....bible prophecies has made the JW's know that,which in turn has made us ever alert.........

Russel wasn't lying...he was only doing more study.........I doubt if you noticed that.....
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

We didn't lie,we only speculated.........being expectant...........I hope you know the difference.......what would we stand to gain if we lied??...were we going to make money from it??........we were only expectant....I don't see anything with being expectant of Gods kingdom........

grin
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo: Before he got his religious career well underway, Charles Taze Russell promoted what he called "miracle wheat," which he sold at sixty dollars per bushel. He claimed it would grow five times as well as regular wheat. In fact, it grew slightly less well than regular wheat, as was established in court when Russell was sued. Later he marketed a fake cancer cure and what he termed a "millennial bean" (which a wag has said probably got that name because it took a thousand years to sprout).

Is this true?

And I'll ask you to ask the OP if this hogwash is true......

Fake cancer cure??.....this got me laughing......ask pygru who told him this.......
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

But your sect claimed they were God's dates.

Can God's dates be wrong?

Why did you blame satan for your lies?

Was it truly satan that inspired the false prophesies?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 2:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

In his 1920 book titled Millions Now Living Will Never Die. Rutherford taught that the millennium would start in 1925, that the patriarchs; Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were going to return to earth physically. To help God out he built a large palatial Spanish mansion in San Diego, California for Abraham Isaac and Jacob to live in, he called it Beth-Sarim -House of Princes, and tried to deed it to King David.

Some quotes of anticipating this event “There will be no slip -up.... Abraham should enter upon the actual possession of his promised inheritance in the year 1925” (WatchTower 10/15/1917, p. 6157)

“Beth Sarim was built in 1929 as proof that the resurrection would soon take place.” (Salvation p.311)

“The press has scoffed at Beth Sarim, but those faithful men of old will be back on earth before Armageddon ends.” (WatchTower 3/15/1937 p.86)

“Beth Sarim, built in 1930 is now held in trust for the occupancy of those princes on their return. “ (New World p.104)

“After 1925 expect shortly Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Issac, Jacob…”(Way to Paradise p.224)”The undertakers will decorate these new rooms for the resurrected ones.” (ibid. p.228)

1925 came and went as do all their dates. When and Abraham, Isaac and Jacob never showed up, Rutherford did not want to waste a perfectly good mansion so he moved into it himself and lived there until he died in 1942.

50 years later the Watchtower wrote “Beth Sarim was built for brother Rutherford’s use.” (1975 yearbook)

1975 YEARBOOK, p. 146: “The year 1925 came and went. Jesus' anointed followers were still on earth as a class. The faithful men of old times—Abraham, David and others—had not been resurrected to become princes in the earth. (Ps. 45:16) So, as Anna MacDonald recalls: '1925 was a sad year for many brothers. Some of them were stumbled; their hopes were dashed.... Instead of its being considered a “probability,” they read into it that it was a “certainty,” and some prepared for their own loved ones with expectancy of their resurrection.”

5 years later they commented “Considerable expectation was aroused regarding the year 1975.... Statements published that implied that such realiza­tion of hopes by that year was more of a probability than a mere possibility. It is to be regretted ... the publication of the information that contributed to the buildup of hopes centered on that date.” (Watchtower 3/15/1980, p. 17)

What the Jehovah’s Witness organization actually said, “Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old. . . (Millions now living will never Die , pp. 89-90)

These lies are from Jehovah's Witnesses authorized publications, arent they, Mr Ijawkid?

Once again they were expectant..............I see no reason why you have to kill yourself over this....I don't see how sincere hearted persons who are anticipating to see the patriarchs of old has now turned out to be a lie...........

I don't see how you tend to define misunderstandings as a LIE.....abi you no know the difference.....??........
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

Which Bible did Russell and Rutherford use?

Didnt Knorr adulterate the Bible to suit your sect's heresies?

Adulterate??....can you give me examples??......

Russel and rutherford used all bible renditions available.......

Are you saying fixing back Gods name to its original place amounted to adulteration??...please tell that to the frauds who removed it in the first place...
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

I dont know, maybe you can show us Schools Jehovah's Witnesses own.

Jesus did not put in 90 percent of his time into preaching. His active ministry was 3 out of his 33 years on earth.

Jesus was the son of a carpenter and I'm sure he helped his father with his work.

So you don't know and you just felt like writing....we own schools and businesses bro..many JW's do...check for them.....but we put the preaching work first........

And please don't tell me Jesus had so much time for carpentry after his baptism........did he??.....
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Can you define what a lie is??......these guys only had on thing on there mind.......and that was keeping awake and being on the watch..........the truth is you are not doubting the chronology itself but the speculations and expectancy.............now that we understand better why don't you ask what we believe rather than paste from a site??............

When I take on you guys I go to the scriptures.........being expectant is not a sin.......if it is tell me......

Jesus as we know has been enthroned as king....bible prophecies has made the JW's know that,which in turn has made us ever alert.........

Russel wasn't lying...he was only doing more study.........I doubt if you noticed that.....

Are you denying that Charles Taze Russell didnt say that Jesus would come back in 1914?

Are you also denying that he didnt say that Jesus had already come invisibly?

Did Jesus come in 1914 or not, Ijawkid?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

TRUE OR FALSE?

I would say TRUE.......but your points are being exaggerated......we don't just disfellowship people....we only disfellowship unrepentant wrong doers........those who say no I want to go.....we let them go....if one decides he doesn't want to be a JW anymore then we let the individual go.......

And I have asked you to show me just one person who was disfellowshipped for taking blood transfusion.........
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo: MORE LIES, DECEIT AND HERESIES FROM JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

“…Jehovah’s organization alone, in all the earth, is directed by Gods Holy Spirit or active force.” [b](Watch Tower p.402 Sept.1 1973)

“Avoid Independent Thinking .. How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization.” (Watchtower Jan. 15 1983 22)

Yet, Ijawkid would always crucify Catholics for submitting to Church teaching and for believing that God's Church is visible and organizational.

“It is easy for the established churches of Christendom and other people to criticize Jehovah's Witnesses because their publications have, at times, stated that certain things could take place on certain dates. But is not such line of action in harmony with Christ's injunction to 'keep on the watch'? ... But is it not far preferable to make some mistakes because of overeagerness to see God's purposes accomplished… ?” (Watchtower Dec 1 1984 17-cool

But here is what they said earlier: “Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, since October 1874, A. D. according to the testimony of the prophets, to those who have ears to hear it...” (Studies in The Scriptures vol.4 p.621 1897 (Watchtower Reprints, July 15, 1905, p. 3576)

“The scriptures show that his second coming presence was due in 1874….This proof shows the Lord has been present since 1874…” (Watchtower.p.67, Mar.1, 1923)

“...we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished by the end of A.D. 1914” (Watchtower founder, Charles Taze Russell, The Time is at Hand, p. 99).

“...the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced” (Ibid., p. 101).

If you are saying the Scripture are saying this and giving a date, is this not prophecy? If this prophecy had come to pass would it not mean it was true a prophecy?

“Reexamine ... Vol. 2, pages 246 and 247; change the 37 to 40, 70 to 73 and 1914 to 1918, and we believe it is correct and will be fulfilled 'with great power and glory.”' (Studies in the Scripture, Vol. 7, p. 62)

“This chronology is not of man but of God ... of divine origin ... absolutely and unqualifiedly correct.” (Watchtower 7/15/1922, p. 217)

“CAN IT BE DELAYED UNTIL 1914?...our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date. They say that they do not see how present conditions can last so long under the strain. We see no reason for changing the figures - nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God's dates not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble” (Watch Tower, 15 July 1894, p. 226. p. 1677 reprints).

Gods dates means what?

Once again understanding is what we didn't have back then which ofcourse we kept on searching for...........the chronology from the scriptural prophecies aren't the problem,but how it fits into our times is what we kept anticipating......and again I don't see what is wrong.......we didn't commit any crime.....the only crime we would have committed is if we were lax and never cared about scriptural prophecies......

The JW are ever more convinced that an end is imminent because of our relentless efforts in studying hard and seeing how scriptural prophecies fulfill and will fulfill......
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by beejaay: 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Once again they were expectant..............I see no reason why you have to kill yourself over this....I don't see how sincere hearted persons who are anticipating to see the patriarchs of old has now turned out to be a lie...........

I don't see how you tend to define misunderstandings as a LIE.....abi you no know the difference.....??........

WOW so PROPHESIES IS NOW EQUAL TO EXPECTANT FANTASIES (PROFESHY=FANTASY).

I don learn new thing today smiley (always on NL)
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Did you mention "sincere?"

You people make prophecies purportedly from God and they turn out to be false...

and you say you are "sincere"

Do you not know what "sincere" means?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

Are you denying that Charles Taze Russell didnt say that Jesus would come back in 1914?

Are you also denying that he didnt say that Jesus had already come invisibly?

Did Jesus come in 1914 or not, Ijawkid?

Jesus was enthroned as king of Gods kingdom in 1914....Jesus didn't come...that was a misunderstanding........
JW have fully come to know that that day and hour no man knows....our anticipation and eagerness as you know created that zeal in us.......the JW today know so much than the russels and rutherfords.....those guys were eager bible students who have done there part.........
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
beejaay:

WOW so PROPHESIES IS NOW EQUAL TO EXPECTANT FANTASIES (PROFESHY=FANTASY).

I don learn new thing today smiley (always on NL)

Who said prophecies was equal to expectant fantasies??.........

The koko here is be observant and see how world events unfold as the scriptures predicted....aren't we in the last days anymore??abi ona don forget??........
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

Did you mention "sincere?"

You people make prophecies purportedly from God and they turn out to be false...

and you say you are "sincere"

Do you not know what "sincere" means?

I would sincere again because all there hard work was just for them to see the arrival of Gods kingdom...Is that not what a sincere christian would hope for and look forward to??.......should they have doubted that an end was coming and engage in the worlds affairs,,??........
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by amanda2013(f): 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
hahahahahaha thats ryt. Everyday Catholic ths catholic that spearheaded by this same ijawkid ok na 2day d hunter has become the hunted!

1 Like

Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by beejaay: 4:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Who said prophecies was equal to expectant fantasies??.........

The koko here is be observant and see how world events unfold as the scriptures predicted....aren't we in the last days anymore??abi ona don forget??........

ijawkid:
ijawkid:

Once again they were expectant..........I don't see how sincere hearted persons who are anticipating to see the patriarchs of old has now turned out to be a lie...........
Prophecy = the supposed ability to predict the future when inspired by a deity(Now how can something Divinly Inspired become espectation that could be true or false)
(predict with divine authority) (definition from Encarta Dico)

point to note is this; if its prophecies then it should be rock solid else it becomes a fallacy a step brother of fantasy QED

just trolling though grin
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by dokie: 4:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
frosbel: Funny enough , many of the people who call JWs cults are even worse cults with worse doctrines of demons such as :

1. Pagan Trinity - removes God's individuality
2. Eternal torment - Slanders God's character and makes him worst than Hitler
3. Tithing - another doctrine of demons meant to make merchandise of the people of GOD
4. Word of Faith heresies
5. Strange and weird spiritual manifestations.
6. Worshiping MOG as gods

The list is too long.

I disagree with the JW on quite a number of doctrines, but stop this kettle calling a pot black nonsense.

frosbel, you are a taze russels in the making. go and check how he started and see the similarities. he rejected all orthodox christian stands and was interpreting the bible as he liked. of course the devil took over him at some point in time and he began to make false prophesies claiming it is from the bible. You know what happened to him, HE DIED.

i just dey look you dey go. your path is the same as he's. if you wont see the devil fave to face at the end of your life, humble yourself and know that you dont have any authority to interprete scripture. that function was given to the appostles and thier successors. so any of your interpretation of scripture that does not align with that of the Holy Catholic and Appostolic church is error. take it or leave it for the Lors gave them that authority.
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
amanda2013: hahahahahaha thats ryt. Everyday Catholic ths catholic that spearheaded by this same ijawkid ok na 2day d hunter has become the hunted!

Ahh........you guys are attacking speculations we've left behind us decades ago........abi ona want make we go back to them??cheesy......I have never read in the scriptures were it says reading more scriptures to make needed adjustments is a crime...........but you do know what is a crime.......persistently and incessantly engaging in idol worship even when it is solely against Gods commands is what the definition of crime is.....

I want you to attack what I know now from the many more scriptures I've read.........

Can you and your ilks do that??
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
beejaay:

Prophecy = the supposed ability to predict the future when inspired by a deity(Now how can something Divinly Inspired become espectation that could be true or false)
(predict with divine authority) (definition from Encarta Dico)

point to note is this; if its prophecies then it should be rock solid else it becomes a fallacy a step brother of fantasy QED

just trolling though grin

They were speculations and not prophecies.....prophecies are only found in the scriptures and no where else..........

Our speculations and expectances were all from the scriptures........

JW's aren't prophets we are bible students.......
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by beejaay: 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Ahh........you guys are attacking speculations we've left behind us decades ago........abi ona want make we go back to

so in essence SPECULATIONS = PROPHECIES WOWWWWW

Please how do i get here??
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by beejaay: 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Ahh........you guys are attacking speculations we've left behind us decades ago........abi ona want make we go back to

so in essence SPECULATIONS = PROPHECIES WOWWWWW

Please how do i get here??
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by dokie: 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Just on the other thread u introduced the trinity and hell fire dogma.....we engaged u,but u ran away.....how can I engage a fool like you that doesn't stay focused to discuss points........

Before you opened this thread you had not even discussed 1/10th of the issues you brought up on the other thread.......

And I should take you serious??

doesnt your nwt bible have the portion where it says that he who calls his brother a fool shall answer for it in hell.

or you have a consolation while sinning because hell simply means blanking out or common mans grave and heaven is full already so you have nothing to worry about? even if one should accept that you made mistakes with other prophecies and teaching, for as long as those two remain, you guys are dancing the dance of death, and when the dance is complete, i hope you dont see the devil face to face.

this is totally absurd. how can anyone believe such falsehood? and still continues in such a group. what then is the motivation for holiness in a sin full world? i wont suffer for my sins and i wont experience glory for living rightously.

These are the real teachings of demons for all the devil wants to achieve is to provide motivation for sin and with JW, and sects like them and individuals like frosbel, he is spreading such demonic and satanic teachings in the world. Repent before it is too late. for if you continue spreading such demonic teachings you might not escape answering for it.
even if it is what you believe,believe it for yourself and keep the knowledge to yourself. dont go spreading it in the world, you are doing great harm to the gospel and you dont want to experience the consequencies of that.

1 Like

Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
dokie:

doesnt your nwt bible have the portion where it says that he who calls his brother a fool shall answer for it in hell.

or you have a consolation while sinning because hell simply means blanking out or common mans grave and heaven is full already so you have nothing to worry about? even if one should accept that you made mistakes with other prophecies and teaching, for as long as those two remain, you guys are dancing the dance of death, and when the dance is complete, i hope you dont see the devil face to face.

this is totally absurd. how can anyone believe such falsehood? and still continues in such a group. what then is the motivation for holiness in a sin full world? i wont suffer for my sins and i wont experience glory for living rightously.

These are the real teachings of demons for all the devil wants to achieve is to provide motivation for sin and with JW, and sects like them and individuals like frosbel, he is spreading such demonic and satanic teachings in the world. Repent before it is too late. for if you continue spreading such demonic teachings you might not escape answering for it.
even if it is what you believe,believe it for yourself and keep the knowledge to yourself. dont go spreading it in the world, you are doing great harm to the gospel and you dont want to experience the consequencies of that.

Are you ready to discuss the hell fire dogma and about heaven or you just want to rant??...your mates are engaging in serious scriptural discussions on other threads as regards these topics ....can you go there and test your strenght of bible reasoning??.......

I choose to remain with a group that would learn from there mistakes and improve...........I choose to remain with a group that would everly anticipate an end to this satan ruled world.........

If you ask me about persons who teach the teachings of demons I guess you know who they are........we know persons who dig up teachings from pagans(demons) and tie them up to scriptures...and even when shown from the scriptures that it is utter wrong they choose to cling to it............

Being expectant of Gods kingdom does is no way alludes to one teaching the teachings of demons..except you don't know who or what a demon is........

I'll ask you this question::::

Would you be ready to make adjustments when a belief you once had does not allign with the scriptures??....would you??......
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by honeychild(f): 10:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
dokie:

this is totally absurd. how can anyone believe such falsehood? and still continues in such a group. what then is the motivation for holiness in a sin full world?

Believe me my brother, the fear of hell has never kept anyone from sinning. The only thing that keeps you holy in this sinful world is love. When you truly love God with all your heart, the thought of hurting his feelings is what keeps you from sinning.

1 Like

Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by SalC: 10:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
I think this issue of millenia beans is too funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prayer On Behalf Of The Church And Christians In Nigeria / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? / Independence Celebration: Church To Honour Fallen Heroes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.