Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (7628 Views)

10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses / 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: / 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2013
ijawkid:
And when these erroneous teachings are dropped behind because of ones improved understanding how does that now link to satan??............

You're saying you taught falsehood from satan. How then are you sure that you do not still teach "improved" falsehood from satan? Afterall, your sect would have sworn that the falsehood was true then. Same way, tomorrow, you sect can come to the conclusion that what you teach today is false, that they have found "new truth." If you can teach falsehood once, you can teach it twice...or thrice or forever.

ijawkid: But umpteen times we've showed you guys where your doctrines or practices stem from........and the good thing is that you guys know there origin as well....is it xmas,the reverencing of dead mummified human body parts,the use of beads in worship...etc....

You have always attempted to show it, but you have always been wrong. So should I just accept your teachings, which are from Watchtower's teachings, which have been proved to come from satan?

ijawkid: Can you make bold changes just as reyginus is doing??..........

What bold change is Reyginus doing? Is he changing Catholic doctrine. Reyginus is confused. He doesnt know what he believe. He says "I believe in the Holy Catholic Church" then he says 'the Catholic Church is abominable.' How can you advise me to follow such a confused man?

Oh! I forgot that you are a member of a sect that spreads lies and CONFUSION.

ijawkid: When I say Jesus used 90percent of his time to preach the gospel I meant after his baptism........cheesy....

So you see why you should have reasoned my way??......

Forget about this issue. Afterall, it is even unlikely that Jesus used 90percent of the 3 yrs in preaching. Did Jesus not sleep? Did he not eat. Did he not pray?

You Jehovah's Witnesses just come up with silly conclusions, dont you?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
italo:

You're saying you taught falsehood from satan. How then are you sure that you do not still teach "improved" falsehood from satan? Afterall, your sect would have sworn that the falsehood was true then. Same way, tomorrow, you sect can come to the conclusion that what you teach today is false, that they have found "new truth." If you can teach falsehood once, you can teach it twice...or thrice or forever.
why wont we be sure that what we know now is the truth.....when we keep making sure that what we hold on to alligns with the scriptures.....and who said we taught falsehood from Satan?...the last time I checked it was the Catholics that were and still steeped into pagan satanic practices.....

anticipating an end to this system of things is not satanic,rather the venerating of dead bodies is....

italo:
You have always attempted to show it, but you have always been wrong. So should I just accept your teachings, which are from Watchtower's teachings, which have been proved to come from satan?

lol...how have you proved idolatry to be scriptural?....how have you proved the use of beads in worship as Christian?...
e be like you dey dream land....cheesy

italo:
What bold change is Reyginus doing? Is he changing Catholic doctrine. Reyginus is confused. He doesnt know what he believe. He says "I believe in the Holy Catholic Church" then he says 'the Catholic Church is abominable.' How can you advise me to follow such a confused man?
hehee...grin...reyginus isnt confused...he is simply tired and fed up with the worship of a woman and the use of graven images in worship of God....

italo:
Forget about this issue. Afterall, it is even unlikely that Jesus used 90percent of the 3 yrs in preaching. Did Jesus not sleep? Did he not eat. Did he not pray?

You Jehovah's Witnesses just come up with silly conclusions, dont you?

you still do not understand me and the scriptures do you...

remember when Jesus once told his disciples that his Food was for him to do the work of his Father sent him to do....

like I said preaching isnt part of your agenda so you wont understand....keep up with your Mary worship...cheesy
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by edogho(m): 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2013
ijawkid: And now where did you get these info's from??.......from a watchtower or hear say??........

What's your source pygru??......what's your source..??

Because your claims on this thread are unfounded and baseless.........

When did the witnesses ever sell books to make profit??............

And you've been yapping about russel......russell does not even knw half the truths I know now..........

On the other thread I had told you to bring out doctrines you feel that the witnesses believe in that are wrong and let's discuss them after the other,you refused.....

Now you go online copy and paste thrash here and expect who to attend to it??......

I ask again what is your source??......show me.........angry
a shockin write-up. Still waitin 4 his source. Mi bet is he got all from wikipedia buh i tell u he twisted all wikipedia had on this matter. He claimed dat d NWT isn't as correct as d KJV buh a highly respected professor who's not a jw rated d NWT and another version higher than any other translation even the KJV. I read it misef 4rm wikipedia. This guy is a fraud. His write-up is from wiki and i repeat,he has twisted many things wiki said on d matter. I can't tink of rating him 5%. He should first tell himsef d truth b4 coming here to show his level of ignorance. I've worshipped with different christian denominations buh d jws are better.
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Boomark(m): 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
I can see the problems here are things like

why didn't jws build schools and hospitals? When did Russell die? Why is he not accurate in his predictions? Why did watch say you should not think independently but you read your bible and also think? Etc.

While those attacking jws are busy bowing to dead meat. They are happy to consciously use dead bodies as the foundation of their altar. They are busy bowing to stone images made by man. Things the Father detest.

SMH!!!
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by italo: 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2013
I see Ijawkid and Boomark are desperately trying to derail the thread. The topic of this thread is still "Facts you should know about Jehovah's witnesses. It has nothing to do with the Catholic Church.

Or was it the Catholic Church that made you give false prophecies from the father of lies, that made you adulterate the BibLe to suit your heresy etc?
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ijawkid(m): 10:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
italo: I see Ijawkid and Boomark are desperately trying to derail the thread. The topic of this thread is still "Facts you should know about Jehovah's witnesses. It has nothing to do with the Catholic Church.

Or was it the Catholic Church that made you give false prophecies from the father of lies, that made you adulterate the BibLe to suit your heresy etc?

Lol.........you said you guys need not make any adjustments or stern improvements In meeting up with scriptural standards even when falsehood at its peak is staring right at you in the face and there in your house............
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by edogho(m): 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2013
italo: I see Ijawkid and Boomark are desperately trying to derail the thread. The topic of this thread is still "Facts you should know about Jehovah's witnesses. It has nothing to do with the Catholic Church.

not a lie dat d thread is named facts abt jws. Buh i still do not see any fact here. All his accusations are from wiki buh he twisted all the information. The op should tell himsef truth first. Talkin abt tinkin independently,i do nt c catholics doin dat. I'm really sorry.
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 10:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
Pygru: [b]Salvation.

The Bible teaches that the atoning work of Christ alone provides the solution for man's sin problem. Jesus Christ took the personal sins of all men-past, present and future-in his own body on the tree (I Pet. 2:24), and as perfect God and perfect man he fully met the demands of Divine justice for us (Rom. 3:22-26).
Therefore, any and all who receive him by simple faith (John 1:12; Acts 16:31), can be forgiven, declared righteous and restored to fellowship with God (2 Cor. 5:21; Heb. 7:24-26).

By contrast, the WTB&TS teaches that only an elite group of Witnesses, known as "the 144,000," or the "anointed ones" are presently credited with Christ's righteousness. Only the 144,000 are born again and expect to reign with Christ in heaven.
For the vast majority of remaining JWs, known as the "other sheep" or the"great crowd," the atoning sacrifice of Christ only provides a chance at eternal life on earth.

The Bible also teaches that we are saved by grace alone apart from any self-righteous works (Eph.2:8-9).
There is nothing we can do to contribute to our salvation because apart from Jesus Christ we are "dead in our sins" (Eph. 2:1,5).

By contrast, the WTB&TS teaches that salvation "will depend on one's works ."
A person must first "come to Jehovah ' s organization for salvation and then comply with everything they teach. In this way, a relationship with the Jehovah's Witnesses organization, rather than a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, is presented as the basis of salvation.

The Soul & Eternal Punishment.

The Bible teaches that the human soul continues to exist consciously after death (Is.14:9-11; Luke 16:19-31;Rev 6:9-11). Those who have rejected God's gift of eternal life will suffer conscious eternal punishment (Matt. 25:41,46; Rev. 14:10,11; 20:10,15).

By contrast, the WTB&TS denies eternal punishment and teaches that the soul cannotexist apart from the body. JWs believe that death ends all conscious existence. Hell refers to the grave and those who are ultimately judged by God will be annihilated and simply cease to exist.

The Bible. The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit's anointing enables individual Christians to understand God's Word and properly apply it to their lives ( I John 2:27).

By contrast the WTB&TS teaches that the Bible can only be interpreted by the Watchtower Society and no individual can learn the truth apart from them.[/b]
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
italo:

But you love frosbel's copy and paste hogwash against Catholicism.

Hypocrite.
grin grin grin
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
ijawkid:

If you guys say frosbels posts are copy and paste then I won't sweat arguing out issues with you...remember I always ask you guys if frosbles posts are true before I start any hammering..........
grin grin grin
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Yooguyz: 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by iamSi(m): 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
You wanna know about Jehovah's witnesses please visit www.jw.org
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Yooguyz: 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
iamSi: You wanna know about Jehovah's witnesses please visit www.jw.org
Also visit
www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/united-nations-association.php
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 13, 2013
What Do Jehovah’s Witnesses
Believe?
The beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses are
no secret, for their literature is readily
available in hundreds of languages.
Below is a synopsis of some of their
main tenets.
1. The Bible
The Witnesses believe that “all
Scripture is inspired of God.” (2
Timothy 3:16 ) Jason D. BeDuhn, an
associate professor of religious
studies, wrote: “[Jehovah’s Witnesses
built] their system of belief and
practice from the raw material of the
Bible without predetermining what
was to be found there.” They align
their beliefs with the Bible; they do
not interpret it to suit themselves. At
the same time, they recognize that not
everything in the Bible is to be taken
literally. The seven days of creation,
for example, are symbolic, referring to
extended periods of time.​— Genesis
1:31; 2:4 .
2. The Creator
The true God has given himself a
personal name​—Jehovah (or Yahweh,
as used in the Roman Catholic
Jerusalem Bible and preferred by
some modern-day scholars)—​that
distinguishes him from false gods. *
(Psalm 83:18 ) The Hebrew form of the
divine name appears some 7,000
times in the original text of the
Scriptures. Stressing the importance
of that name, Jesus said in his model
prayer: “Hallowed be thy
name.” ( Matthew 6:9 , King James
Version) God rightly demands
exclusive devotion. Hence, the
Witnesses use no icons or images in
their worship.​— 1 John 5:21 .
“The Father is greater than I am.”​—
John 14:28
3. Jesus Christ
He is the Savior, “the Son of God,”
and “the firstborn of all
creation.” ( John 1:34; Colossians 1:15;
Acts 5:31 ) As a created being, he is not
part of a Trinity. “The Father is greater
than I am,” said Jesus. ( John 14:28 )
Jesus lived in heaven before coming
to earth, and after his sacrificial death
and resurrection, he returned to
heaven. “No one comes to the Father
except through [him].”​— John 14:6 .
4. God’s Kingdom
This is an actual heavenly government
with a King​—Jesus Christ—​and
144,000 corulers, who are “bought
from the earth.” (Revelation 5:9, 10;
14:1, 3, 4; Daniel 2:44; 7:13, 14) They
will rule over the earth, which will be
cleansed of all wickedness and will be
inhabited by many millions of God-
fearing humans.​— Proverbs 2:21, 22.
5. The earth
Ecclesiastes 1:4 states: “The earth
endures for ever.” (The New English
Bible ) After the destruction of the
wicked, the earth will be made into a
paradise and populated forever by
righteous humans. ( Psalm 37:10, 11,
29) Jesus’ words in prayer “thy will be
done in earth” will thus be fulfilled.​—
Matthew 6:10 , King James Version.
6. Bible prophecy
“God . . . cannot lie.” ( Titus 1:2 ) Hence,
what he foretells always comes true,
including the Bible prophecies
concerning the end of the present
world. (Isaiah 55:11; Matthew 24:3-14 )
Who will survive the coming
destruction? “He that does the will of
God remains forever,” says 1 John
2:17 .
7. Secular authorities
“Pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar,
but God’s things to God,” said Jesus.
(Mark 12:17 ) Accordingly, Jehovah’s
Witnesses obey the laws of the land
when these do not conflict with God’s
laws.​— Acts 5:29; Romans 13:1-3 .
“This good news of the kingdom will
be preached in all the inhabited
earth for a witness to all the
nations; and then the end will
come.”​—Matthew 24:14
8. Preaching
Jesus foretold: “This good news of the
kingdom” will be proclaimed earth
wide before the end of the present
world. (Matthew 24:14 ) Jehovah’s
Witnesses consider it an honor to
share in that lifesaving work. Of
course, whether people listen or not
is their own choice. The Bible says:
“Let anyone that wishes take life’s
water free.”​— Revelation 22:17 .
9. Baptism
Jehovah’s Witnesses baptize only
those who, on the basis of a thorough
study of the Bible, want to serve God
as one of his Witnesses. (Hebrews
12:1 ) These symbolize their personal
dedication to God by water
immersion.​— Matthew 3:13, 16; 28:19 .
10. The clergy-laity distinction
“All you are brothers,” said Jesus to
his followers. ( Matthew 23:8 ) The early
Christians, including the Bible writers,
had no clergy class. This Biblical
pattern is the one that Jehovah’s
Witnesses follow.

www.jw.org

these are basic beliefs of jw.

2 Likes

Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 13, 2013
Yooguyz:
Also visit
www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/united-nations-association.php

see correct information about jw and association
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses_and_the_United_Nations
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Pygru: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
Do you want to trust your eternal soul to the teachings of several men headquartered in Brooklyn, New York who claim to be the directors of God's organization on earth? Do you Eternity is a long time to be wrong.
Shine your eyes!
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by broswilli: 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
The teachings of Jehovah's witnesses is more sound than all other churches. Some persons claim that the founding fathers of Jehovah's witnesses were not seasoned theologians which may be true just like Jesus and his disciples were not certified jewish scholars. Many of Jesus apostles also had questionable characters which were later corrected by their new faith which is described in the bible as renewal. The apostles also had contrasting beliefs in their views which caused disputes,(The requirements of gentiles to become christians). These disputes never stopped them from being christians.

There are several things i have learned which every person that studies the bible really need to know

1) Many things happened before you were born everyone need to study carefully every story heard and do vigorous research without sentiments to get the actual facts about Christianity
2) Many things were distorted after the passage of time. For example do you know that the doctrine of the trinity was not as popular as it is today? Do you know that no one knows the shape of the object used to crucify Jesus many falsely believe that it is a cross.
3)Understand the original Jewish teaching. The original Jewish teaching is one God, there is no life after death, the only remedy to death is the resurrection which the Jews belief was the awakening of dead people from non existence

2 Likes

Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by CANTICLES: 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
Pygru:
Frosbel!!!
You have absolutely no moral justification to say that
..... C'mon Go And Sit Down, He Is On Point ! Jesus Said His Father Is D " Only True God" John 17:3 ...didnt he? , But u slander his personalty with ur triune gods doctrine of ancient egypt and babylon .... ! Devil Told Eve " Ye Shall Not Die" Gen 3:4 , He Is Nw Usin Ur Pastors And False Preachers To Repeat Dat Lie Dat " Souls Of Men Live Foreve ... Dey Dont Die" ! Hw Ridiculous? " The soul dat sinneth - shall die" eze 18:4 ! God Also Said ...." in d day u eat from d tree, u will sure die" gen 2:17! U Av All Join Hands Wit D Devil .... " You Shall Not Die" ! Sons Of John 8:44 ! D Devil

2 Likes

Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by CANTICLES: 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=broswilli]The teachings of Jehovah's witnesses is more sound than all other churches. Some persons claim that the founding fathers of Jehovah's witnesses were not seasoned theologians which may be true just like Jesus and his disciples were not certified jewish scholars. Many of Jesus apostles also had questionable characters which were later corrected by their new faith which is described in the bible as renewal. The apostles also had contrasting beliefs in their views which caused disputes,(The requirements of gentiles to become christians). These disputes never stopped them from being christians.

There are several things i have learned which every person that studies the bible really need to know

1) Many things happened before you were born everyone need to study carefully every story heard and do vigorous research without sentiments to get the actual facts about Christianity
2) Many things were distorted after the passage of time. For example do you know that the d Correct!
Re: Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by CANTICLES: 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
CANTICLES: ..... C'mon Go And Sit Down, He Is On Point ! Jesus Said His Father Is D " Only True God" John 17:3 ...didnt he? , But u slander his personalty with ur triune gods doctrine of ancient egypt and babylon .... ! Devil Told Eve " Ye Shall Not Die" Gen 3:4 , He Is Nw Usin Ur Pastors And False Preachers To Repeat Dat Lie Dat " Souls Of Men Live Foreve ... Dey Dont Die" ! Hw Ridiculous? " The soul dat sinneth - shall die" eze 18:4 ! God Also Said ...." in d day u eat from d tree, u will sure die" gen 2:17! U Av All Join Hands Wit D Devil .... " You Shall Not Die" ! Sons Of John 8:44 ! D Devil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? / Why Science Is More Powerful Than God With An Experiment. / Adeboye Warns Corrupt Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.