Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

What You Need To Know About Landmank University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Need To Know About Landmank University (5784 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know About Landmank University by wilsonmichelle: 11:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LANDMARK UNIVERSITY

I feel so sad anytime my mum says “it’s time for you to go to school”…when I remember I am going to resume at that Landmark university (Glorifiedd secondary school), not because I don’t want to go to school but because I don't like the school, the environment, the management, the hostels (one of the worst in the country) and the student council and the disciplinary committee.

If you don’t know landmark university, Landmark university is a newly established school owned by the famous multi-millionaire Pastor and founder of winners worldwide BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO... It was established in the year 2010 and it’s located in omu-aran, Kwara State.

THE SCHOOL

Hmmmm ….Landmark University, Many students will not say the truth about the school because they are winners’ member but I will continue to say the truth to bring changes to the school though I am also a winner ….

The school was approved by the NUC because of the facilities they saw at distance but we students know what we go through every day. The college building is the worst college building I have ever seen in my entire life...Several fault here and there like roof leakage, no light, and so on………

Most of us talk about this everyday but there is limitation to what we can say or do…….

THE HOSTELS

I shake my head anytime I remember I am going to resume school and sleep in that rickety hostel...a hostel that we cannot even take the pictures out to our family to see the hostel we reside.. The school authority will call the hostel a “world class hostel” but to us it’s probably “world's worst hostel”...this is a hostel that has roof leakage almost everywhere, a hostel that all toilet, laundry facilities are not functioning, a hostel that (when you take your bath at the first flour ,water drips at the ground floors bathroom),a hostel that has no power supply that the school authority shares light within the 6 hostels built even during exams periods ,there was a certain period where a roster of how light will be scheduled was brought up, bad building structure that you have to thank God you woke up after sleeping in d night, bad generator, no water supply to the extent that we go round the school premises to search for water before and during exams periods despite the fact that we paid 60,000 for accommodation out of the 450,000+ school fees…….you can imagine the kind of hostel we live, in a so called private school..When we complain they would say “we will do something about it”….when would the something be done? “WHAT A SCHOOL”

SDC (Students Disciplinary Committee)

May God Bless Pst VICTOR OLUDAMILARE any where he is.

Students will always be students, no matter how hard you try to change them...

“Dean Student affairs--- Uncle Chris Sub-dean –-Funke Oyinloye Portal-Toba Adekanye”

These are people that make life unbearable for us in the school… their work is to make our stay in the school most comfortable but they rather

make our stay most unbearable…..all they are looking for is to expel a student, slap a student…and so on…sometimes I ask myself why did I come to this school, not because of the rules and regulations but because of the disciplinary committee actions sometimes.. take for example…there was a day a student was going for lectures and Mr. TOBA ADEKANYE called him and asked “him to take of his trouser, saying it’s against the dress code of the school” but due to the embarrassment he would cause the student the student said “sir u can't expect me to take off my trouser outside the residency area” and the so called Mr TOBA said he was going to fill an offence form (GROSS INSURBODINATION-in our landmark society that's the most used word when an offence is committed and it's been used out of its context) for talking to me like that. Eventually the student was suspended for the offence he did not commit…….there are also several issues like
 Slapping of students by the so called Dean (uncle Chris)

 Slapping of student by sub dean (Mrs. Funke Oyinloye) When she doesn’t't even have a child of her own

 Slapping of student by the chaplain (Pst Mathew) a man of God for that matter

 Embarrassing of student in public

 Shaving of student hair to the lowest skin by chaplain(Pst Mathew)

 Forcing them to speak in tongues(thought speaking in tongues is been lead by the spirit)

 Threatening of student(I will make sure you leave this school) TOBA ADEKANYE and OYINLOYE FUNKE

 Threatening of student to the extent that the student jumped from 4th flour causing dislocation(TOBA ADEKANNYE)

 Taking a security officer with a gun to arrest student that has not committed any offence in the middle of the night(even if they have committed an offence , they have no rights to do that)

 Locking up student for 3 days(violating the Nigerian law)

 And so on that would be mentioned in my second write up

It is very wrong for a lecturer to slap any student (a university student) even if it’s a private school, but this has been happening all along and even still happening and nothing has been done about it…

I wonder if they can slap their children at home like that more so they don’t even have children as old as we are, so why do they treat us like slaves …?

To cut this short my school is sort of a jail like one had been sentenced for 4/5years depending on the course where you don't have freedom of speech.

I can't really advice anyone going to this school except there's a change because we go into school to improve our lives but seriously frustration in landmark can't let that happen.

Though we are students (university student’s not secondary students) but we also have our rights but like our Sub Dean (OYINLOYE FUNKE) will say “You don't have the right to express your rights…” and as far as I am concerned everybody has their own right in this country

THE QUESTION IS WHEN WOULD ALL THIS STOP IN THE SCHOOL…………NUC HELP US, “Not that we want to spoil the name of the school but we want changes to speedily occur”

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Landmank University by sheedy407(m): 11:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
Guy,u neva see anytin,in Madonna University,all what u mentioned do exist times 2 bt just dat d hostels and eletricity is good.na even students wen get mouth get orda student go dey tretin u wit xpulsion,talkless of what d sch authority wuld do.there was one day,a final year guy was sagging his boxers,a 200level student asked him to pull his boxes and strip it off himself,he refused,he went tohim,slaped d final year guy nd tour his boxers,still ordered him to sit on d floor for 30mins inside d male hostel dat have females workin in d canteen just because d 200level boy get mouth.So my dear,all pivate sch no follow jaree
Re: What You Need To Know About Landmank University by Tolexander: 4:57am On Apr 10, 2013
All of una just dey complain.
JAMB form is still being sold now!
Re: What You Need To Know About Landmank University by Cruzcheckerz(m): 8:21am On Apr 10, 2013
Bros. All this essays u wrote na a big lie.. Shooo... Stop those lies,because god dey
Re: What You Need To Know About Landmank University by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 10, 2013
The op is a motherfucking liar landmark is a very good and beautiful school the hostels are not what you described and you all condemning men of God should be thanking them that they even opened universities how can 90000 apply to a university and 5000 are taken op if you are tired of landmark go and take jamb, its a free world.
Re: What You Need To Know About Landmank University by wilsonmichelle: 11:34am On Apr 10, 2013
I think you all really need to come and see things for ur selves.....am currently a student
Re: What You Need To Know About Landmank University by Femicrux: 8:43am On May 21, 2013
Pls what's the current school fees for engineering students in landmark university? Tuition and boarding fees inclusive.
Re: What You Need To Know About Landmank University by Kemsygold: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2013
U guys dat r sayin de r lyin, av u eva bin to d skul? U rily fnk smwan cud sit in write dis national report.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pkease What's The Diffrence Between Session And Semester / Cure For Coronavirus Is Found At Last / Past Question Paper For ANAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.