Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. (21079 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Lenny5000(m): 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2013
MajorJ: In america you know what this is called, they are called the projects, lowest/cheapest apartments, they are usually built with fake knockoff materials and usually end up being rundown in about 5 years from construction date, so i will say enjoy it while it lasts

You can never compare this with America... as they build houses with woods and cardboard.. Looks beautiful on the outside but not strong, a lil wind and the house comes crashing down... In Nigeria it might look as beautiful, but the Bricks are strong and the house last much longer than the American ones.. Bless
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Iykeponti(m): 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2013
mens dept: Very good Fashola and Lagos. Theo Orji is there sleeping for the past 6 years
He's sleeping while their citizen is dead...
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ogtavia(m): 12:24pm On Apr 10, 2013
truth.com:

Well Understood, but still Project is Project! Wheather small or big...

KUDOS TO FASHOLA AND MY STATE GOVERNOR - AJIMOBI
U are a typical example of the blackman's (in this case Nigerian) chronic inferiority complex,so u mean most of the mass housing projects in Nigeria are far below par compared to the American ''projects''....stop acting dis way,it is very bad,av u even seen what the ''projects'' look like.....imagine,saying projects in America are luxurious in Nigeria,for ur info it is not,except maybe for the lower class people...
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by anonimi: 12:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
truth.com:

You should compare what the government revenue in US or UK is with Nigeria Government revenue too.

While we are at YOUR comparison mode, can we also compare the DISPARITY and the gaping ratio between the minimum wage in the US or UK with what their politicians EARN on one hand against the Nigerian minimum wage of N18,000 (that is not even paid completely & promptly) with what OUR politicians RECEIVE from our common wealth every month

Just hail this man. He is the best performing governor in the whole of Africa.

Did one of the ACN propaganda people tell you this or you made it up yourself
How many of the 50 or so countries in Africa have you visited?
How many states (or state equivalents) of those countries have you visited?
Even within Nigeria how many states have you visited?
Based on your very extensive visits to all these states in these countries including Nigeria, what yardsticks, parameters and statistics did you use to conclude that Fash-Ole is the "best performing governor in Africa"

Or maybe you were just simply blabbing.

I live in UK and I know what huge revenue ordinary Council (like local government) are realising in UK here compare to Nigeria local governments. When last if at all did you paid tax to your local government council in 9ja My monthly Council tax here is around 125 pound (about N31,000). What about the TV Licence for watching TV

Mehn, we can't compare how things are run in those countries with ours. Economic situations in those countries are better and stable.

Given your blabbing statements and conclusions above it is doubtful that you live in the UK where the citizens hold their politicians to serious accountability and every action is analysed to the finest detail.
Maybe like we used to say on campus, you are in the university (UK) but the university (UK) is not in you.
[size=13pt]Ask those who knew Surulere where Fash-Ole grew up to tell you how the LOW COST housing there looked like when they were built in the 60s and 70s i.e. 50 and 40 years ago.[/size].
When you have their response, please come back here and compare with what Fash-Ole is doing in the year 2013, Misitah I-like-to-compare well, well

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Rossikk(m): 12:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

My point is that what the U.S calls 'The Projects" would be luxury apartments in Nigeria..
No they wouldn't, you dumb, ignorant wingbat.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ezeama1010(m): 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
c dis foolish man o...hw many yoruba men get a plot for East, talkless of building dis kind of edifice?somday una go c hw una go tak lose all dese properties.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Afam4eva(m): 12:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
ezeama1010: c dis foolish man o...hw many yoruba men get a plot for East, talkless of building dis kind of edifice?somday una go c hw una go tak lose all dese properties.
Emeka Anyaoku does not own the estate. It was just named after him the same way the airport in Lagos was named after Murtala mohammed.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Afam4eva(m): 12:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

If you havent seen or cant identify crap construction then you shut up!!

They abound all over Nigeria, especially in Government housing projects.. In Port-Harcourt, I can list some;

1. Trans-Amadi Gardens Estate.. The building were so badly built that many people who bought those houses had to redo almost the whole danm building. Electricity issues, plumbing issues, hollow walls, e.t.c.

2. Odilis low cost housing project (Azikiwe Road)

and many more..

You're right...It's very true especially with newer houses that are built to be rented or sold out. Most times these houses are built with cheap materials and most people who move into these houses change almost everything in the house.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by phantom(m): 1:15pm On Apr 10, 2013
At this stage in our national life,government has no business doing this sort of thing.its still the rich folks who ll afford to live here as they can if it was to be a private initiative.from what i see, the middle class still wont be able to afford those apartments.waste of funds IMHO and another one of those 'see,i am working' type of projects.the funds would have been better channeled to health or education.the funds used here can at least buy defibrillators for our hospitals.apart from luth and some big private health centres in lagos, where else do we have mri or ct machines.they each dont cost above 300million.pity!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by dozieo(m): 1:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
I hope those governors in the south-east stealing money like it is going out of fashion will learn how to use monies meat for the people to erect this kind of structures not very funny useless projects.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by subnormal: 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2013
How much is the cost of a single unit, is it on mortgage and what is the length of the mortgage and interest rate. Those are the questions that will help judge this project

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Freddieyankee(m): 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
MajorJ: In america you know what this is called, they are called the projects, lowest/cheapest apartments, they are usually built with fake knockoff materials and usually end up being rundown in about 5 years from construction date, so i will say enjoy it while it lasts

Why can't just praise our country when it going on the bright direction..... Please which projects housing in America is built with knock off materials and runs down in about 5 years ? And mind you there is a big difference btw brown stone building and a project building so oga learn to appreciate good things from our beloved country..... I bet you would av still criticized him if the article had said Nigerians building in Dubai
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by phantom(m): 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
subnormal: How much is the cost of a single unit, is it on mortgage and what is the length of the mortgage and interest rate. Those are the questions that will help judge this project
story story...its all going to be shrouded.its been listed as an achievement meanwhile the people benefiting can afford to pay 100 percent for those apartments.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Wuse2(m): 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2013
Do u have houses for sales in ABUJA, pls send me details and price to JESSYWIL@YAHOO.COM 08138159406 Am into Real Estate biz we sale,market and manage
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Evestar200(f): 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
I am seeing things if u r nt seeing anything,,,,,the finest nd longest golf corse nd d longest runaway airport is being build in akwa ibom state while d biggest leisure resort in west africa is being build in udu delta state,,nd u r saying trash
SLIDE waxie: which crap constructions do u see in Nigeria? Where d hell are u staying?
Some people can talk trash!
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ekoilee: 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
phantom: At this stage in our national life,government has no business doing this sort of thing.its still the rich folks who ll afford to live here as they can if it was to be a private initiative.from what i see, the middle class still wont be able to afford those apartments.waste of funds IMHO and another one of those 'see,i am working' type of projects.the funds would have been better channeled to health or education.the funds used here can at least buy defibrillators for our hospitals.apart from luth and some big private health centres in lagos, where else do we have mri or ct machines.they each dont cost above 300million.pity!

If the private sectors and investors are not investing in public real estate, then how are you going to house the millions looking for housing and thousands more entering Lagos daily if the government don't? Sombody got to lift a finger.

I've read times uncountable on NL how many of you complain all day about lack of housing and how the government is not investing in housing, when you prove them wrong, the same people quickly and conviniently delve into other irrelevant stories.

Funny enough, many of them are from states where their governors haven't commissioned common boreole in years talk less any kind of meaningful project...
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by technokid(m): 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
abeg,how can one acquire a unit of this house and how much is it going for?
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by merengue: 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]lol!!

Okay. I do pay my taxes, infact, it is deducted at source before it gets to me sef. I have been paying for over 2 years now.

Secondly, I am not aware of any such thing as Local Government taxes here in Nigeria. And please dont be decieved, the Local Governments make a shiitload of money in Nigeria. Question is what have they done with all those monies. Do you know that every small business owner in each state has to pay Local government levies (some even have to pay them daily) for things ranging from sanitation to sticker levies?! Even Hawkers and roadside sellers are not excluded from these taxes and levies. I lived in Obio Apkor LGA of Rivers State for years, this was at some point the richest LGA in Nigeria. Question is what did they do with the billions of Naira they were realizing?

Thirdly, T.V License?! I havent watched terrestial T.V in over 20 years. Till tomorrow, people cant even recieve NTA in Port-Harcourt. Ask for Rivers State T.V, that one na dead matter.

Finally! I am simply pointing out that 'The Projects' a.k.a Low Income housing in the U.S is gonna look like VGC in Nigeria. grin[/b]

Have you actually been to VGC to see these "projects" or are you just mouthing off to feel cool?
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by mrjingles(m): 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2013
The problem with housing in Nigeria is three major areas:
1. The land tenure system makes land acquisition and transfer cumbersome, in addition the land registry in most states is still manual so land administration is clumsy

2. Lack of a viable mortgage sector hobbles financing especially the absence of a secondary market.

3. Flowing partly from 2 above, our housing projects are too small, a project of 1,000 houses is puny but in Nigeria a 200 unit project is considered "big". Because of the small size there's no economies of scale and this makes unit costs high.

A 76 unit "project" is way too small and will only be for the high end. What the country needs is middle to low income houses that's where the real need is.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Litmus: 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

This is what Housing in the Projects look like hommie..

COMPARE...

Jeeze, this looks hard! Looks like prison. The Nigerian one is just as bad - we have to soften these urban development with trees, flowers, fountains,ponds etc
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2013

They build housing projects to break down in 5yrs? The types of who do you think we employ out here to Govern us, Orji or Peter Obi?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
Litmus:

Jeeze, this looks hard! Looks like prison. The Nigerian one is just as bad - we have to soften these urban development with trees, flowers, fountains,ponds etc

The building in that pic is abandoned and being torn down.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by EkoIle1: 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
kingoflag:

They build housing projects to break down in 5yrs? The types of who do you think we employ out here to Govern us, Orji or Peter Obi?

lmao...
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
Freddieyankee:

Why can't just praise our country when it going on the bright direction..... Please which projects housing in America is built with knock off materials and runs down in about 5 years ? And mind you there is a big difference btw brown stone building and a project building so oga learn to appreciate good things from our beloved country..... I bet you would av still criticized him if the article had said Nigerians building in Dubai

That foool is just a clown.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2013
Lenny5000:

You can never compare this with America... as they build houses with woods and cardboard.. Looks beautiful on the outside but not strong, a lil wind and the house comes crashing down... In Nigeria it might look as beautiful, but the Bricks are strong and the house last much longer than the American ones.. Bless

Riiiiggggghhhhhtttt.......

The same houses that are built to be fire resistant and built to withstand Hurricanes, Tsunamis, Flood, Winter, and all kinds of storms and every natural disaster you can think of is now what is built with "Wood and Cardboards"? Sometimes, I wonder if you guys are ok upstairs.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Gbawe2: 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
anonimi:

While we are at YOUR comparison mode, can we also compare the DISPARITY and the gaping ratio between the minimum wage in the US or UK with what their politicians EARN on one hand against the Nigerian minimum wage of N18,000 (that is not even paid completely & promptly) with what OUR politicians RECEIVE from our common wealth every month

Did one of the ACN propaganda people tell you this or you made it up yourself
How many of the 50 or so countries in Africa have you visited?
How many states (or state equivalents) of those countries have you visited?
Even within Nigeria how many states have you visited?
Based on your very extensive visits to all these states in these countries including Nigeria, what yardsticks, parameters and statistics did you use to conclude that Fash-Ole is the "best performing governor in Africa"

Or maybe you were just simply blabbing.

Given your blabbing statements and conclusions above it is doubtful that you live in the UK where the citizens hold their politicians to serious accountability and every action is analysed to the finest detail.
Maybe like we used to say on campus, you are in the university (UK) but the university (UK) is not in you.
[size=13pt]Ask those who knew Surulere where Fash-Ole grew up to tell you how the LOW COST housing there looked like when they were built in the 60s and 70s i.e. 50 and 40 years ago.[/size].
When you have their response, please come back here and compare with what Fash-Ole is doing in the year 2013, Misitah I-like-to-compare well, well

Is there no level you will not sink to just to discredit anything to do with Fashola and ACN? You are nothing but an asinine liar. I have proven it before and will do so again as an original Surulere son haven lived in the area for , since for at least 30 years, since I was a little child, till today. Many know me around the Eric-Moore, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Bode Thomas, Iponri axis.

I bet you thought you could throw the Surulere challenge around foolishly secure in the knowledge no one would challenge you. What "Low Cost" estates where better than this? tell us you lying reprobate. Do you know Games Village you lying scum? How is it better than what Fashola has provided here? Is it all those Shitta and Ebute Metta Estates that are better than this you wretched and hateful liar? Iponri Low cost Housing that Jakande built, with all due respect to a leader I respect, is crap !!!! It is perhaps Eric Moore tower that tops this but that was not low cost at all.

Keep lying just to besmirch the character of others to suit your rabid and unobjective hatred that makes you one of the few, on every single thread, who is negative about any ACN delivered infrastructure. You don't stop at been negative either. You lie and fabricate things wildly !!! Tell us the Estates from 40 years ago better than this and show pictures. Lying twerp. You are only incurring the wrath of God/karma on yourself always lying against the good endeavor of others. Hate the ACN if you want but give credit where due or say nothing at all, if you cannot do that, rather than coming here to lie.

The forum can judge for themselves. That is Games Village below that was relatively a 'star' of Low cost Housing back then. Can we all not see how, according to the hateful liar Anonimi, it is much "better" than what Eko Ile shows here?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Gbawe: 6:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
anonimi:

Ask those who knew Surulere where Fash-Ole grew up to tell you how the LOW COST housing there looked like when they were built in the 60s and 70s i.e. 50 and 40 years ago.

Is there no level you will not sink to just to discredit anything to do with Fashola and ACN? You are nothing but an asinine liar. I have proven it before and will do so again as an original Surulere son haven lived in the area for , since for at least 30 years, since I was a little child, till today. Many know me around the Eric-Moore, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Bode Thomas, Iponri axis.

I bet you thought you could throw the Surulere challenge around foolishly secure in the knowledge no one would challenge you. What "Low Cost" estates where better than this? tell us you lying reprobate. Do you know Games Village you lying scum? How is it better than what Fashola has provided here? Is it all those Shitta and Ebute Metta Estates that are better than this you wretched and hateful liar? Iponri Low cost Housing that Jakande built, with all due respect to a leader I respect, is crap !!!! Awful quality and poor aesthetics. It is perhaps Eric Moore tower that tops this Emeka Anyaoku Estate but that was not low cost at all.

Keep lying just to besmirch the character of others to suit your rabid and unobjective hatred that makes you one of the few, on every single thread, who is negative about any ACN delivered infrastructure. You don't stop at been negative either. You lie and fabricate things wildly !!! Tell us the Estates from 40 years ago better than this and show pictures. Lying twerp. You are only incurring the wrath of God/karma on yourself always lying against the good endeavor of others. Hate the ACN if you want but give credit where due or say nothing at all, if you cannot do that, rather than coming here to lie.

The forum can judge for themselves. That is Games Village below that was relatively a 'star' of Low cost Housing back then. Can we all not see how, according to the hateful liar Anonimi, it is much "better" than what Eko Ile shows here? You call Fashola "Ole" but you are worse. A creature of no honor, a liar and disgrace to his lineage? What level of hate motivates you to lie like this? What kind of hatred is in you Nitori oluon?

http://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-sale/flats-apartments/lagos/7733-2-beds-flat-at-games-village-building

Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

This is what Housing in the Projects look like hommie..

COMPARE...

Damn, why do buildings in the project look better than Nigerian buildings?

Damn mehn!!

Nigeria reminds me of the lowest step on the project ladder.
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 10, 2013
Czarskit:

Where's this creature from?
FROM AN EROSION RIDDEN ENCLAVE
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: which crap constructions do u see in Nigeria? Where d hell are u staying?
Some people can talk trash!

In Oshodi.

I hope Lagosians maintain the beauty of this housing estate. I don't want to see y'all hanging clothes on the balcony. No apku and amala sellers in the front porch. I dont wanna smell boli/friend plantain from the 10th floor.

You feel me?
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by Edmanpumpin(m): 7:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
Good job fashola
Re: Fashola Commissions Emeka Anyaoku Housing Estate At Ikeja . Pics.. by ba7man(m): 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2013
Let me differentiate between an American low cost project and this one for you all. You see that Okija juju's pixs?? An American low cost project block can house more than 50 apartments per block with its inhabitants living in close proximity to each other thus leading to over-crowding and resulting in a crime infested environment but this LASG's housing contains 6-8 apartments per block so conjestion and over-crowding is avoided. I know this b'cos i'm an Architect. They teach this in Architectural Psychology courses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Checkout The Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Allison-Madueke's Son Ugonna In The US(Pics / ‘Nigerians Want Electricity, Yet They Destroy Power Infrastructure’ – Fashola / Anambra Hits Self-sufficiency In Rice Production- Premiumtimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.