Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,201 members, 7,807,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham (2524 Views)

Emenike Rocks New WestHam Jersey (pic) / Manchester City 1 - 2 Westham / Arsenal Vs Westham United 3 -0 (DOWNLOAD FULL HIGHLIGHT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by salehm(m): 2:52pm On May 10, 2006
Tottenham have asked the Premier League to order their game against West Ham to be replayed. The crucial match went ahead on Sunday despite a number of the Spurs team being struck down with food poisoning hours before kick-off. Martin Jol's side subsequently lost 2-1 and missed out on a Champions League place
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team?id=367&cc=3888
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Akolawole(m): 3:21pm On May 10, 2006
I dont think they will replay it.

I am not sure if that woman still works as Minister of Sports.

If yes, never will they replay it.
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by 4Play(m): 3:29pm On May 10, 2006
If Totenham knew that they had a strong case,they should have boycotted the match.They would then present this case to the tribunal.
Instead by going ahead with the match,they forfeited their chance.
It's a pity but it will be unfair to replay the match
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by twinstaiye(m): 4:05pm On May 10, 2006
Those Spurs should go and rest and take their defeat in good fate. Henry had told them to deal with their defeat. Going to Europe next year is not do or die affair. I personally do not like the rate at which they are so eager to go to europe next year, they dont even care how they achieve that objectives, it is too pushy. Let them settle for the Euefa cup. By the way, suppose it was agreed to be replayed, would they still be praying for their fellow english club to lose to Barcelona come May 17th? Haba, let them deal with it as Henry told them. The table dont lie, Arsenal deserves to be the fourth on the table. If they insist the match should be replay, would they rather like the match between them and Arsenal be replay too, the one Arsenal accuse them of biased by allowing the ball to continue when two Arsenal players are down injured on the field of play. Afterall Arsenal had once done the same too, by offering a replay. Could they do that too?
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by bolaoni(m): 4:37pm On May 10, 2006
But isn't it curious to have a team poisoned before an important match?

It is so pathetic. We never could have tell what would have happened if the team had been fit.

I'm still wondering what happened on that very day.
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by bagoma(f): 10:50pm On May 10, 2006
its really strange for that happen o, i must admit. na waa ooo. no one can really tell(for now) what really happened.
looking at it objectively (not as an arsenal fan o) cheesy, i dont think its fair to have a replay. no, not right at all.
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Akolawole(m): 12:20am On May 11, 2006
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by bagoma(f): 5:55am On May 11, 2006
the best decision as far as am concerned.
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by twinstaiye(m): 9:06am On May 11, 2006
Me too. Good riddance for bad rubbish.
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Skintite(f): 10:08am On May 11, 2006
I think its silly to ask for a replay in the first place undecided

what gives them the guarantee they wud the replay?
If they do n arsenal lifts the trophy wat wud they do?

the circumstances involved are not straight, so replay doesnt even make sense undecided
Some of their own fans on 365 said its a ploy to sue the hotel
Since they lost the 10m for 4th place, they'll recover part from the hotel
the only way to get is to start up a case with the FAPL knowing they will be refused
then sue the hotel for damages

makes sense to me undecided
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Skintite(f): 10:12am On May 11, 2006
I mean wat gives them the guarantee they will WIN the replay?
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Priscila(f): 11:02am On May 11, 2006
These men were just scared that they had butterflies in their tummies!
For the past eleven years they had never finished ahead of Arsenal and anyone else could have a rumbling stomach for such a challenge.
We placed them where they belong and no hassle about it.

Toddlers, They chop and eat anything without sensing escherichia coli bacteria in food!
Their own funeral now with that third class kiosk they ate in!

I just hope there will be no replay as I also noticed they were down that day ,and a replay might just change things worse on my side.

Play Arsenal play those 4-2 win courtesy of Henry was well deserved.
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by ono(m): 4:04pm On May 11, 2006
bagoma:

the best decision as far as am concerned.

It's been a long while since I read anything from bagoma. Madam, how you dey now? I hope all is well.
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Akolawole(m): 4:47pm On May 11, 2006
ono:

It's been a long while since I read anything from bagoma. Madam, how you dey now? I hope all is well.

Dont mind her, she was very active those days but she only read and shake his head without contributing. Imagine

But she knows quite a lot about football, more than few men here. grin
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Grizzly(m): 11:34pm On May 11, 2006
Who POISONED Spurs??!!! Hmmmmn. angry angry angry
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by bagoma(f): 11:37pm On May 11, 2006
a certain bear did!
cheesy cheesy
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by mochafella(m): 11:38pm On May 11, 2006
Nah so them dey grant replay. I'm surprised they thought they could get a replay. I suspect the appeal was made to make a point. Painful but they have to live with it.

If they had taken the chances they had when they played Arsenal the food-poisoning would be a moot point. Better luck next year.
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by bagoma(f): 11:42pm On May 11, 2006
@ ono,
hello to u sir, nice of you to have remembered me. these days i like spending my time on this board, have long left the politics room for heavyweights like you. cheesy, too volatile for my delicate brain. cheesy cheesy

@kola,
thanks for the huge praise, but see the problem you've caused me now, my head has doubled in size. grin grin grin
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Grizzly(m): 12:07am On May 12, 2006
Gonners shun sentiments. Spurs *deserve* a replay. thats all. even tho i know a replay is not forthcoming. its not fair. cool
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Skintite(f): 9:00am On May 12, 2006
@Grizz
Even the spurs fans dont think there shud be a replay (read 365.com) undecided
So get over it pal

Wat makes u think the replay wud be won by spurs?
the whole issue of seekin a replay is political
Even if they replay n win, we will win the CL
So back to square one for spurs n you tongue tongue
grin grin
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Priscila(f): 9:03am On May 12, 2006
It was the e coli in their food hence no one poisoned them. the hotel food handlers are to blame!

Skintite!
Dont mind Grizzly, he has so much hatred for Arsenal reasons he knows better.
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by twinstaiye(m): 9:49am On May 12, 2006
The initial report from the Health Protection Agency and Tower Hamlets Environmental Health showed one player was suffering from a virus that could be responsible for the outbreak of illness among other players.

But the report also reveals that the virus was not present in another player who was suffering from the same symptoms.

Spurs are now awaiting the results of further tests before they hope to be able to pinpoint the cause of the illness which affected so many of their players. read the rest at http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=setSelectedId&nextPage=enNewsLatest&id=1293915&type=com.fapl.website.news.NewsItem&categoryCode=NewsLatestFAPremierLeagueNews&breadcrumb=latestfa_breadcrumb
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Grizzly(m): 11:29am On May 12, 2006
Priscila, this is not an issue of hating Arsenal. Spurs went down, e-coli or not, and Jol pleaded that their match be shifted to monday, which was rejected. cool
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Skintite(f): 12:07pm On May 12, 2006
Cos there was no enuf reason to pospone the game undecided
The FA has its rules man
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Grizzly(m): 1:46pm On May 12, 2006
Wutever man. its past. n thats that. cool
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Skintite(f): 2:20pm On May 12, 2006
Its been over since
u said it wasnt fair thats y undecided

its not man, its maam tongue
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by spikelord(m): 3:53pm On May 12, 2006
Thatz an absurd proposal. Replaying a match!!!
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Priscila(f): 11:05am On May 14, 2006
The plain truth is Spurs lost to their superior Arsenal!
whatever the excuse of food poisoning, thatsĀ  the truth that their final hurdle was tough
and Martin jol was beaten hands down.
I wonder the fuss-with the game West ham played if they replay they will score five goals.
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by lordimpaq(m): 8:49pm On May 14, 2006
they even went as far as doin this,

Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Grizzly(m): 10:42pm On May 14, 2006
OK, now that pic is very, very funny grin grin cool *Whispers* Veggy was the gaddem coook!! lipsrsealed I should've known! lipsrsealed cheesy tongue tongue
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by Skintite(f): 9:06am On May 15, 2006
Hmmmmmmmmm undecided
Wenger poisoned them?

That pic is absolute insanity shocked
But wateva, we won the 4th place tongue
Re: Spurs Seeking A Replay Against Westham by nightrider: 9:31am On May 15, 2006
please is it thierry henry that cooked the food or is it arsene wenger that booked the hotel.
Please is it cech fabregas that boiled their water or is freddie lunjberg that fried their dodo.
please is it alexander hleb that spoonfed them or is it matthieu flamini that drove them to the hotel.

what concerns arsenal football club of highbury with the food that tottenham hotspurs football club eats abeg. Are those the only players in the team. Don't they have areserve team or a bench. Na by force to play the people they played. Nonsense and ingredients.

They should get out. I'm very vexed. They even went as far as buying barca jerseys and tickets to boo arsenal to a defeat. The bible says " he who digs a hole shall fall into it".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eaglets Stars Set To Seal Chelsea Deals. Mvp Sani Emmanuel And Onazi Ogenyi Impr / I Need A Good Football Agent / The Records Of Messi Vs Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.