Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Investment Question? Chat With The Young Finance Experts - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investment Question? Chat With The Young Finance Experts (730 Views)

New Way The Young Ones Are Making Money ... / Request For A Motor Park From Peace Mass Transit/ The Young Motors / HAVE A CHAT WITH OTUNBA AKIN ALABI (punters vs bookies lounge) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment Question? Chat With The Young Finance Experts by babaife(m): 6:37pm On Apr 05, 2008
Yes. Do you have question bodering on investment and finance? post them here and be rest assured that someone will attend to them.
cheers.
Re: Investment Question? Chat With The Young Finance Experts by DLaw1: 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2008
I would like to go into investments but i know next to nothing about it
Can you put me through
thanks
Re: Investment Question? Chat With The Young Finance Experts by babaife(m): 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2008
@ Dlaw 1

in response to your post, you may read this and contact us for more info you amy require:

Yes. Investment in shares is a sure way of making your unwanted funds work for you and earn you additional income thru dividends and capital appreciation. But first you need to know what shares is all about and develop a passion for it. if you do not have passion for money, you may not have passion for shares.

One, when you buy shares you are buying into the ownership of the company. this entitiles you to share in its profit, vote during its AGM and other General meeting and most importantly make profit on its market value appreciation .

two, you can buy shares either from the primary markets- public offers or private placement or from the Secondary market thru a stock broker.

three to buy from the primary market, you may do so without a stock broker but to buy from the secondary market, you need a stockbroker. you therefore need to appoint a stockbroker. your stockbroker will assist you creat a CSCS account to show the movement in your shares portfolio. you can also shake online the position of your fortfolio any time of the day. Either way, you cannot sale your shares without a stockbroker. I therefore recommend that you register with a stockbroker. your broker will give you advice and assist you in keeping all important docs and information safe and confidential.

four, to determine the shares to buy rests on your attitude, ethics, objectives and belief. it is my opinion that you intend to invest to make profit. so you need to invest in shares that are lowly priced and have the potential to grow over time. your attitude is important because it determines whether you can invest in shares that are considered penny and unmarketable now or shares that are fairly overpriced. your investment objective is wether you are investing for short time or long time. whether you want perpetual dividends or capital appreciation. capital appreciation is upward movements in share price resulting to profit for all investors.

five, your ethics are also important though subjective. this include your religious belief. for instance, i dont invest in beer, tobacco producing companies and hotels. not because they are not rewarding, just a matter of belief and persoonal ethics.

six, you may need some knowledge of accountancy and financial analysis to determine whether or not your share acquisition is a good buy or not. I always recommend starters to make use of fund managers till they understand the reasons for investment and how to study the market on their own, i will not hesitate to give same advice to you.
Re: Investment Question? Chat With The Young Finance Experts by babaife(m): 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hi Dlaw,

I hope you are making ur cool cash now from the stock market. dont hesitate to contact me 4 more info.

(1) (Reply)

There Are 175,000 Bankers In Nigeria? / Portfolio Management / Travels And Tours Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.