Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,461 members, 7,770,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:46 AM

Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit (20372 Views)

Obi, Obiano And Umeh At Offala Festival - Photos / Northern Leaders Conspired To Sabotage Jonathan – Umeh / Anambra Poll Results: Ekwunife Sacks Ngige From Senate, Humbles Victor Umeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 10, 2013
•Why I am standing behind Umeh – Ojukwu (Jnr.)

Few hours after the Court of Appeal Enugu reinstated Chief Victor Umeh as national chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Umeh and his team yesterday invoked the spirit of the late leader of the party Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Ikemba Nnewi to lead them in the remaining battle ahead.

Umeh with his team and supporters including Chief Emeka Ojukwu (Jnr.) drove straight to Nnewi to Ojukwu’s mausoleum.

He assured the spirit of the late Ikemba that the party (APGA) he left in his care would not die and that the Appeal Court has returned him as the party national chairman.

He said: “The great leader of APGA, we are here to invoke your spirit and to reassure you that the party you left in our hands will not die. You have confidence in us and our great APGA has become a household name in Nigeria. We have our members in the Senate, House of Representatives and States Houses of Assemblies.

“But soon after you left, selfish individuals as locusts decided to destroy our great party. We strongly believe that with your spirit our enemies will be defeated. No one can claim to know you better than us. We know that you are a consuming fire, we call upon you to rise and destroy all our enemies as you have already started your work on them.

Speaking to newsmen later he said, “12 days ago he came to me in a dream, he was calling me the way he used to call me any time I came to see him and I knew that when he was calling me he was asking me to be strong. So today the Court of Appeal answered my prayer, I’ve informed him and believe you me everything I told him he heard them.

That was our relationship. I was very close to him and he knew what we represented. He knew that I knew the journey where he wanted us to be so I’ve told him that we are back and of course I’ve assured him we are working with his son Emeka Ojukwu who is now on the Board of Trustees replacing him. Also speaking, Chief Emeka Ojukwu (Jnr.) said he is strongly behind Umeh because his late father was behind him till he passed on and because his cause was a right one.

Meanwhile, Sylvester Nwobu Alor, an uncle to Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State and his Special Adviser on Parks and Markets, said the party is unperturbed by the judgment of the Court of Appeal, Enugu granting the embattled National Chairman of All Progressives Grand Alliance(APGA), Victor Umeh a stay of execution. According to him, the court cannot stop an action that has already taken place and since the national convention was held before the court judgment, it cannot take effect.

His words: Umeh had gone to the Appeal Court to grant him a stay of execution which meant that the judgment given by the High Court should not be carried out until the determination of a substantive suit which we filed. Yesterday, he was given a judgment in his favour in terms of the execution of the high court judgment.

Unfortunately for him, I do not think that the judgment means much because we have already conducted the convention according to the High Court judgment and the members of the national executive had been elected before the Court of Appeal gave its own judgment.

If the court grants a restraining order for an action, that order can take place before and not after such an action. What he was asking the court to stop has already taken place and you cannot ask the court to stop what has already taken place.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/umeh-visits-ojukwus-tomb-invokes-spirit/

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Bigcake: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2013
Am dissapointed in our leaders, dat is gross nonsense after u call urself a christian. Twafi

1 Like

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by TableLeg(m): 9:33am On Apr 10, 2013
Waste of time!
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by debetmx(m): 9:36am On Apr 10, 2013
In the 21st century? SMH
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by splashbaby(m): 9:40am On Apr 10, 2013
A retrogressive step indeed

1 Like

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by OurYansh: 9:42am On Apr 10, 2013
1. Yorubas(Bluetooth, Dayokanu, Eko Ile etc) on Nairaland won't allow Ojukwu rest in peace..

2. APGA chieftains will always call him to come and settle their quarrels, so how can he rest??

3. His wife and children wake him up every week to come and share the properties he left...

4. MASSOB wakes him up every now and then to save them from the bullets of our gallant soldiers.

5. Rochas sent thugs to demolish his library abi na grave...

Please when will this man be allowed to start resting??

28 Likes

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by MeloJayEnt: 9:56am On Apr 10, 2013
Desperate politicians!
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 10, 2013
Maybe they went to the tomb to act African Merlin

1 Like

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Tolexander: 10:42am On Apr 10, 2013
Few hours after the Court of
Appeal Enugu reinstated Chief
Victor Umeh as national
chairman of the All Progressives
Grand Alliance (APGA), Umeh and
his team yesterday invoked the
spirit of the late leader of the
party Chief Chukwuemeka
Odumegwu Ojukwu, Ikemba
Nnewi to lead them in the
remaining battle ahead.

where are those guys yabbing us on the topic below?
https://www.nairaland.com/1237855/afenifere-boko-haram-ancestors-finish

them go talk say them be xtian and no dey worship idol!
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 10, 2013
Our Yansh: 1. Yorubas(Bluetooth, Dayokanu, Eko Ile etc) on Nairaland won't allow Ojukwu rest in peace..

2. APGA chieftains will always call him to come and settle their quarrels, so how can he rest??

3. His wife and children wake him up every week to come and share the properties he left...

4. MASSOB wakes him up every now and then to save them from the bullets of our gallant soldiers.

....but Ojukwu is resting in peace na! He is dead and gone forever. his manhood still lives on anyway.

5 Likes

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by debetmx(m): 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2013
Our Yansh: 1. Yorubas(Bluetooth, Dayokanu, Eko Ile etc) on Nairaland won't allow Ojukwu rest in peace..

The evil that men do live after them and their is no resting place for the wicked. You forgot to add;

6. Agbam, Alale, Banjo and Ifeajuna (not really) will never allow him rest in peace afterall he too cowardly abandoned enugu.

7. The children who he killed while running away to Cote D'voire will never allow him rest in peace.

8. The people who died of starvation because he was asking for landing rights from humanitarian orgs. who brought food for his pple.

9. The expariate staff of eni agip who he killed in biafra would not allow him rest (peace is asking for too much.

10. All the civillians and officers who he locked in prison for not supporting his delusional thoughts when leading his people on their suicidal expedition (while he ran away with own children)

11 Likes

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by debetmx(m): 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2013

The evil that men do live after them and their is no resting place for the wicked. You forgot to add;

6. Agbam, Alale, Banjo and Ifeajuna (not really) will never allow him rest in peace afterall he too cowardly abandoned enugu.

7. The children who he killed while running away to Cote D'voire will never allow him rest in peace.

8. The people who died of starvation because he was asking for landing rights from humanitarian orgs. who brought food for his pple.

9. The expariate staff of eni agip who he killed in biafra would not allow him rest (peace is asking for too much.

10. All the civillians and officers who he locked in prison for not supporting his delusional thoughts when leading his people on their suicidal expedition (while he ran away with own children)

5 Likes

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Kx: 1:02pm On Apr 10, 2013
How is this act of desperation differenet from idol worship?
If only the living knew where the dead and gone are!

1 Like

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by OurYansh: 1:06pm On Apr 10, 2013
berem: ....but Ojukwu is resting in peace na! He is dead and gone forever. his manhood still lives on anyway.

OMG!!!!

No wonder Bianca looks so "You-Know"...

cheesy. cheesy.
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by 50calibre(m): 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
Bigcake: Am dissapointed in our leaders, dat is gross nonsense after u call urself a christian. Twafi

I'm telling you! Big disappointment
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by GraceBestowed(f): 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
What this guy has done is not meaningless; people put their hands into things they don't completely understand!

If spirits start to torment him now, he'll blame the people in his village. God forbid bad thing!!
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by kingingkinging: 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
debetmx:

You mean he did all that? Too bad

1 Like

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by deebrain(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
ignorance at its peak sad grin
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by moodswing(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
I can mass produce the wonder-working ojukwu's grave in China if I can get as many that would be willing to buy.

Please order if you're interested.

His spirit can help you win poilitical wars and at the same time grant all your request.

3 Likes

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Okijajuju1(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
Why would they go to Ojukwu when I am around?! angry

Who told him he could disturb Ojukwus rest?!
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by sammyyoung2(m): 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
.......and how does dis affect the price of garri @ Oshodi market sad sad sad
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by supaeagles(m): 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
I used to laugh at this spirit thing before but now use it to my advantage. Last night I pollute the air by mistake in my bedroom, when my lady friend now complained , I said honey sorry na spirit tear that gas oh , no be me smiley

1 Like

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by gerald2(m): 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2013

No b small tin my brother.

1 Like

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by johnwizey: 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
RAWbish
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by ylaa(f): 3:02pm On Apr 10, 2013
well this is not new as far as naija politics is concern. ritual and all sort of despicale act makes up our politics. God help our politicians.
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by causewahala: 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2013
Mere seeing the title I knew there'd be trouble on this thread just didn't anticipate this much comic relief and the main warriors never show oooh!

Una nor dey tire? undecided
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Zonacom(m): 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2013
Very funny.... And disgraceful too
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by ichommy(m): 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2013
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2013
Some of dz APGA men ll call themselve Christian. Smh

bwah ah ah. Laffing things.
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Rossikk(m): 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2013
debetmx: In the 21st century? SMH
In the 21st century YOU still believe that a white man with a beard who was born by a virgin is going to fly down from the sky and take you up to heaven. I think the APGA chieftain is far more modern and sensible than you.

5 Likes

Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Christmasdon(m): 3:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
This is barbaric to say.
Re: Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit by Rossikk(m): 3:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
Christmasdon: This is barbaric to say.
How is it barbaric to invoke the spirit of the dead? You're a total ignoramus brainwashed by Christian rubbish. What is barbaric is praying to a bloodied figure that's hanging dead on a cross strapped around your neck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos State Generates N101Billion In 4Months / FG To SERAP: We Have No Records Of How Recovered Abacha Loots Were Spent / Oyan Dam Release: Lagos Alerts Residents Over Flood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.