Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,528 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:15 PM

Accredited Automotive Training Centers: Where are they? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Accredited Automotive Training Centers: Where are they? (1273 Views)

Modern Auto Training Centers In Lagos / Fg’s New Automotive Policy To Open Up More Opportunities In Import Business / Becoming A Seasoned Auto Mechanic And Automotive Engineer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Accredited Automotive Training Centers: Where are they? by crispgg: 9:14am On Apr 10, 2013
On this forum, we have all repeatedly bashed roadside mechanics as being destructive. I thought that the best way to ensure that my car would last a little bit longer would be to take like a one or two month part time course at an automotive training center, so that I can do simple maintenance on my ride. My research SO FAR shows that there are NO accredited training school for such in Abuja or indeed anywhere in this country.

This is a huge problem, what I found out is that the technical training schools are supposed to churn out technicians in all these vocational trades (i.e. electricians, carpenters and mechanics) etc are almost dead. And we see the results in the quality of our buildings, quality of furniture being produced, poor electrical wiring and of course our auto-mobiles.

Till something is done about this, and there are both public and private accredited institutions where proper trainings can be conducted, I don't think we are justified in crucifying our roadside mechanics...there is simply no place for them to get trained and have their skills updated. In fact, maybe we should commend them for being able to do the little they can.
Re: Accredited Automotive Training Centers: Where are they? by yungboss(m): 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2013
well, i do not think they are crucified 'just' because they are not trained.. It's really a subjective issue though, you may say "they do their best" applying their little inputs e.t.c. Sometimes, their approach is wrong, the mentality not right plus the attitude lacking, even if someone lacks knowledge about certain aspects (which is no crime), why would they begin to change parts for inferior ones,or begin manipulative activities on your car (i'm not saying all, but many of the lot), sometime last year, i gave a mechanic some money to change my shocks...he went ahead to replace them with manipulated ones, which cost cheaper...two front shock absorbers that would have cost less...but i paid N17,000 more and the job was not done...yet he argued like he was in a law court when i expressed my dissaproval of the ride quality...not a single improvement after hours gone plus >N27,000.
Sometimes it's down to greed, sometimes they want to cut corners etc...the attitude is wrong many atimes and not the lack of knowledge

(1) (Reply)

Reg. Nissan Altima 1999/2000 Model - Leather Seat / My Experience With My Car A Few Days Ago / My Clk 230 Kompressor Wont REV...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.