Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 (11589 Views)

Lekki Gardens Finishings. / Floor/wall Tiling / Call For Your POP Ceiling Design, Housepainting, Floor/wall Tiling, Artwork Etc, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by QueenAw(f): 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
Hello all, I was going through the threads on nairaland, specifically looking for information on tiles and the different types of floor/wall finishings. Wood laminate floors etc. The different types, prices, pros and cons of different types etc. I was surprise to find no thread specifically addresses this topic. Please feel free to let us know the floor finishings you used, prices of materials, cost of installation, why you chose it, how durable it has been, etc. pictures are welcome too.

I particularly like marble. But the cost of having marble floor is something else! What's the next best thing? How do you ensure that you are being sold the right quality of tiles when you go shopping etc.. How can I tell a china tile isn't being sold as Italian? How can you tell whether a tile is vetrified?

Thanks!
Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by Femonjay(m): 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
ops, you beat me to it.
seriously,I have being strugling with this lately, I also checked Nigerite site yesterday for their luxe floor tiles but I need more than available information on their web.
Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by QueenAw(f): 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
@Femonjay
Looks like the property section on here needs cleaning up. I basically had to read through several building projects to see if I can find posts on tiles and their costs. I think what is proper is to have threads for the different stages of construction and building materials. It's all somewhat clustered up at the moment.

That said, I'm hoping those that are in the know will help us out on this thread. I can't even find a cost estimate on marble tiles in Nigeria on the web. sad
I also wonder why many advertisers do not like to state the prices of their products on here but prefer to send prospective buyers emails of their price lists. Afraid of competition?- I wonder!

Well, welcome on board!

P.S- I am about to start a complete renovation of a property and I want the best products that our money can buy. And very honest reviews too.
Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by Sprumbaba: 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2013
I know a lot about floors, solid hardwood floors, Engineered hardwood floors,Porcelain tiles, Ceramic tiles, Granite tiles, Marble and travetine. We had talked about all these on Nairaland in the past with some other forum members.
Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by Femonjay(m): 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
We have pro. here in property section but I guess they are too busy.

Oga spyder and co please come out before we start calling names ooo any way OLUWA IS THE CHAMPION.LOL.
Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by QueenAw(f): 2:27am On Apr 13, 2013
Fingers still crossed oh!
Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by dimeji37: 11:50am On May 13, 2013
Laminate flooring are
suitable for many of your rooms:
hallways, family spaces,
bathrooms, kitchens. Also they are
perfect for an active home.
At first look, laminate flooring
seems to be a natural wood floor
but in fact is a layer of paper under
a tough protective film that is
glued and pressed to a high-density
backing board. There are also types
of laminate planks that are
installed over a moisture barrier
which levels any uneven areas of
the floor. You don't need any glue
or nails for them because the
planks snap together.
Laminates are also highly resistant
to stains, fading and moisture and
many laminate flooring
manufacturers offer warranty
protection against them for a long
period of time (usually from 10 to
25 years).
Laminate flooring can be installed
over floors like wood, tile, vinyl or
linoleum because most of them are
floating which means they do not
fasten directly to the subfloor. Also,
at this moment, many
manufacturers offer snap-together
laminate flooring systems.
Laminate Flooring
A typical laminate flooring is an
extremely economical solution, if
you take in consideration the costs
of alternate flooring solutions
for enquiries nd purchase, pls contact dimeji, 08098979635, 07056774091
Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by jerryben12: 1:29am On Sep 03, 2013
Where are the tile merchants. Talk about your products.
Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by mjay(m): 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
dimeji37: Laminate flooring are
suitable for many of your rooms:
hallways, family spaces,
bathrooms, kitchens. Also they are
perfect for an active home.
At first look, laminate flooring
seems to be a natural wood floor
but in fact is a layer of paper under
a tough protective film that is
glued and pressed to a high-density
backing board. There are also types
of laminate planks that are
installed over a moisture barrier
which levels any uneven areas of
the floor. You don't need any glue
or nails for them because the
planks snap together.
Laminates are also highly resistant
to stains, fading and moisture and
many laminate flooring
manufacturers offer warranty
protection against them for a long
period of time (usually from 10 to
25 years).
Laminate flooring can be installed
over floors like wood, tile, vinyl or
linoleum because most of them are
floating which means they do not
fasten directly to the subfloor. Also,
at this moment, many
manufacturers offer snap-together
laminate flooring systems.
Laminate Flooring
A typical laminate flooring is an
extremely economical solution, if
you take in consideration the costs
of alternate flooring solutions
for enquiries nd purchase, pls contact dimeji, 08098979635, 07056774091
you should have included a pix

1 Like

Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by rotecch77(m): 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
@op,thanks
There are varieties of tiles both in floor and wall namely;ceramic floor tiles,porcelain floor tiles,vetrified floor tiles,glazed tiles, Mable,granite,further more in Nigeria mkt you will find tiles comes from china,Spain,Italy,Brazil,Vietnam,uae,(best manuf of tile) more so it is very easy to identify,china from others bcs most Italian and Spanish tiles engraved there name and logo on each pieces of the tiles and main looking at it you will know how quality the tiles are, about usage design are diff and likeness are also differ, mostly Mable tile,porcelain nad glazed tile are very ok in sittingroom/dinning bcs its giltter while rough surface porcelain tiles,Mable or vetrified tile are also good both in the kitchen floor,stair case and toilet floor bcs its not slepry(greep) while its advisable also to used Spanish or Italian glossy face tile on kitchen wall for easy cleaning and its also durable than china in this part of the house you can also use Italian or Spanish wall on your toilet or good grade china wall tiles (money matters) further more price are not the same both china,Spain,Italy,Brazil also have diff grade(depends on ur pocket). Don't forget fingers are not equal builder A can decised to use 15m to build 4bedroom duplex and builder B might not have up to and go for cheaper material lastly I deal on all these 08066619493 call mail rotex77@yahoo.com

Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by rotecch77(m): 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
@op,thanks
There are varieties of tiles both in floor and wall namely;ceramic floor tiles,porcelain floor tiles,vetrified floor tiles,glazed tiles, Mable,granite,further more in Nigeria mkt you will find tiles comes from china,Spain,Italy,Brazil,Vietnam,uae,(best manuf of tile) more so it is very easy to identify,china from others bcs most Italian and Spanish tiles engraved there name and logo on each pieces of the tiles and main looking at it you will know how quality the tiles are, about usage design are diff and likeness are also differ, mostly Mable tile,porcelain nad glazed tile are very ok in sittingroom/dinning bcs its giltter while rough surface porcelain tiles,Mable or vetrified tile are also good both in the kitchen floor,stair case and toilet floor bcs its not slepry(greep) while its advisable also to used Spanish or Italian glossy face tile on kitchen wall for easy cleaning and its also durable than china in this part of the house you can also use Italian or Spanish wall on your toilet or good grade china wall tiles (money matters) further more price are not the same both china,Spain,Italy,Brazil also have diff grade(depends on ur pocket). Don't forget fingers are not equal builder A can decised to use 15m to build 4bedroom duplex and builder B might not have up to and go for cheaper/lesser quality material. lastly I deal on all these 08066619493 call mail rotex77@yahoo.com

Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by rotecch77(m): 10:02pm On Nov 19, 2013

Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by FaithDuru: 4:30pm On Jul 08, 2015
@QweenAw,

If you are looking for a quality Porcelain Tile, i can help.

i work with an Italian tile manufacturing company, we produce fine quality porcelain tile, and a white body ceramic for wall.

As regards Marble, we have a porcelain, marble effect tile which is far more affordable than the real marble.

if you are doing a project and you want a reliable company to deal with you can contact me for a direct supply, i'm the Business developer for the Nigerian and Ghana market.

look us up at www.marcacorona.it
e-mail- f.duruaku@marcacorona.it

hope this helps.

regards

1 Like

Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by FaithDuru: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Samples of Marca Corona tile (Italian porcelain).

For Architects, contractors, builders with ongoing projects can buy directly from our factory and we ship to you in Nigeria.

you can contact me

www.marcacorona.it
f.duruaku@marcacorona.com

Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by oludarebagbile: 3:40am On Dec 25, 2015
Dear Nlander, I want to do the flooring of a rented apartment but I don't want to go for ceramic tiles and carpets so I thought of rubber tiles but I dont know how durable and cost effective it is. Please can someone help? Thanks.
Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by fergydorigin: 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
QueenAw:
I am about to start a complete renovation of a property and I want the best products that our money can buy. And very honest reviews too.

I'm kind of an expert myself, I could mention you tons of names but I would need the specs, just one piece of advice go for Italian tiles there's nothing like it as far as price/quality ratio is concerned, I commissioned www.sourcingitaly.com to find me the materials I needed for several projects I have been doing for some clients as I couldn't go to Italy muself (next time I will!) and now all the acrhitects in my area are looking for Italian tiles and finishes wink
Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
Do you want to floor your home with tile,marble,granite,wooden laminate etc then contact me on o81 57 ooo 9o8 . we deal strictly on assorted flooring materials .

Here are some of our samples

Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
We are good at what we do

Re: A Thread Strictly For Floor/wall Finishings- Tiles, Marble Etc 2013 by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:28pm On Apr 24, 2018
Wooden laminate

(1) (Reply)

This Place Beats My Imagination A Trip To Lekki Phase 2 / Own A Developed Plot Of Land In An Estate With C Of O (Pics Attached) / BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.