Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries (14703 Views)

Jumia 2015 Black Fridays Sales In Nigeria Is A Scam / Positive Ideas Youths Can Use In Developing Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by skymaxnig: 7:11am On Apr 11, 2013
Rossikk: What amazes me is the way people simply accept whatever these fly-by-night, mom and pop foreign organizations announce in their 'newsletters'.

What was their methodology for the research?

Nobody asks.

Who are they?

Nobody asks.

How much research expertise and experience do they have to conduct such a far-reaching, complex global survey?

Nobody asks.

What was their research budget for surveying hundreds of countries' level of scientific development?

Nobody asks.

Who is funding them and why?

Nobody asks.

Oyibo has declared. So God himself has spoken. No need to question.

[size=20pt]PATHETIC.[/size]
You dont even need any research to be convinced about the reality in naija
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by yusuf01(m): 7:16am On Apr 11, 2013
I believe this is already what we know, the research just confirms it...
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by theripper2: 7:24am On Apr 11, 2013
This Rossike guy was the same dude that was so grandiloquent about hw safe Nigeria is cuz one random Southie in Lekki said so, but is very fast to ask for credibility for an organisation dat truly states Nigeria is deficient in science. Had the organisation placed Nigeria side by side with Germany and japan, he probably would av filled this thread with his chimerical view of Nigeria.

Truth be told, Nigeria is at the nadir in science, anybody believing otherwise is probably delusional or living in self-denial.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 11, 2013
Rossikk:

You need to use your brain and be less agreeable to just anybody's claims on the internet.

Let me give you an example:

Nigeria manufactures cars, buses, trucks, suvs (Innoson). Manufactures complete motorcycles, including principal component parts and engines (Qinggi). Manufactures computers, tablets and accessories (Zinox). Today the world's first and only black built satellite, NigerSat 2 sits in outer space, an achievement of Nigerian scientists. The Nigerian Navy now builds seaworthy vessels from scratch, with 100% local input, like NNS Andoni, a 31m Seaward Defence Boat. The Nigerian Defence Industries builds mortars and RPG launchers, armoured personnel carriers, and manufactures their own bullet proof vests. Nigeria has three functional nuclear reactors. Nigeria manufactures and fabricates aluminium. Manufactures chemicals, including agro-chemicals. Manufactures paint. Manufactures drugs for the pharmaceutical industry. Nigeria processes solid minerals like Calcium Carbonate, Dolomite, and Limestone. I could go on and on and on..

Now, there are many countries that are NOT on that list of ''those lagging behind'', who cannot boast of 1/5 of the achievements I've just outlined.

WHY THEN SHOULD WE ACCEPT THE LIST?

When even YOU don't know what is produced in Nigeria, how will some foreign group not wake up and include Nigeria on any stupid list? They know you don't read or research. That's what gives them the audacity.

I mean, just because CNN and co choose to IGNORE all scientific strides made in Nigeria (afterall is Boko Haram not the only worthy news item?) does not mean WE in Nigeria will pretend we are standing still.

this man you are been unnecessarily, foolishly stubborn, i think you deserved to be banned for life, as far as i am concerned the statistics is 100% correct. those things you mentioned has to do mostly with engineering, we are talking science here. do you know that in naija today pure sciences graduates are been discriminated against when it comes to employment/vacancies into the civil service and most private institutions? how many times have you seen job postings for pure science grads such as physics, chemistry, biology from any organisation? except teaching. sciences is not been encouraged at all in Nigeria. many pure scientists and their inventions have been frustrated for many years. this is what is causing brain drain syndrome. even the medical sector which is a child of biology is not allowed to prosper anymore. more doctors now graduate and cannot practice. the most painful aspect is that most nigerians dont have confidence on their scientist. there are not much forumites viewing this thread at the moment because these pure sciences courses has already been known to be kwa-kwa chopping course in naija, so posters amd guests are not interested.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Dibiachukwu: 7:37am On Apr 11, 2013
Africa's worst problem is lack of faith and belief in self. Remove that and we would discover another planet this year! This is why I hate Nigerians in diaspora who come here to spit shit. You are too damn negative and a direct product of western indoctrination.. Grow some balls and fight back your agressors. Don't come here are spill it all over Nigeria. Nigerians that schooled in diaspora are the same people that ruined Naija. Frolicking with the enemies of the soil. CHUKWU would destroy all haters of truth.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by muredo(m): 7:39am On Apr 11, 2013
[quote author=Rossikk]

You need to use your brain and be less agreeable to just anybody's claims on the internet.

Nigeria manufactures cars, buses, trucks, suvs (Innoson). Manufactures complete motorcycles, including principal component parts and engines (Qinggi). Manufactures computers, tablets and accessories (Zinox). Today the world's first and only black built satellite, NigerSat 2 sits in outer space, an achievement of Nigerian scientists. The Nigerian Navy now bu Achievement indeed! TRUTH ALWAYS BITTER LIKE ALOMO
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by tawa89(f): 7:43am On Apr 11, 2013
Tony Spike: I have read some good contributions here. But, I would like to give a statistics on a recent report I saw at an IEEE conference. It was shown that over 90% of published African papers on the IEEE internet domain (known as IEEExplore) are jointly contributed by Egypt and South Africa. I was shocked to see that Nigeria contributed just about 2% to such a popular Engineering domain. This shows how backward we are in research output in Africa.

As much as people like Rossikk wants to deny the fact, Nigeria is at the bottom of the research ladder in Africa in science and technology. The leaders in Africa are Egypt and South Africa. South Africa, in particular, spends some crazy amount on research annually. They have the facilities and infrastructures to make it happen. No doubt, I agree that Nigerians are exceptionally gifted intellectually but we lack the environment, materials, funds and motivation. Hence, what we lack in infrastructure, we have in brain-power.

Today, there are millions of Nigerians who have made astounding discoveries and inventions in other countries. Infact, they are so many in number, you can start by googling the academic profile of Universities around the world. Unfortunately, many of our outstanding scientists and Engineers who trained outside the country, are unable to replicate such scientific culture here. The corrupt and superstitious Nigerian system is so messed up for them to replicate such feats here. I happen to be researching in an aspect of wireless communication. Sometimes, you are required to run parallel and complex computer programs for five days non-stop. How is that possible in a country with frequent power cuts? This is just one of the many reasons why Nigeria will continue to produce graduates for other developed countries.

On a brighter note, if the Nigerian system is overhauled by a serious government (not the current one), we can match any developed country in five years. All we need is increased budgetary allocations and proper developmental framework, this is enough to bring back millions of Nigerians in diaspora to jump-start the system. I was made to know that Nigeria was a strong research-base in Africa in the 70's, and up to mid-80's. We were the one of the foremost countries in African scholarship until that man called Babangida started ejecting foreign lecturers from our universities. Since then, our university rankings have plumetted to a ridiculous and unfathomable level. Hence, we have disconnected ourselves from the usual multicultural global university standards. I rest my case...
IBB finished this country.Nigerians are too timid. You need to see the way Brits treated Thatcher. IBB deserves worse than Thatcher's treatment IMO
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by emmygod: 7:45am On Apr 11, 2013
I dont know what people are saying here. Most of lectures studied abroad and what have they done,produced or invented. Stop been decieved by ill amatures.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Godogwu: 7:46am On Apr 11, 2013
BlackEmperorX:

The beauty of science and technology is that it nurtures creativity. This is the driver of the new future. A more vibrant business sector for more employment which in turns as you explain strengthens your already business focused society.

The moon is a symbolic undertaking. It tells everyone that we have no fear of the unknown. Above all it gives a sense of pride.

Thank you for seeing my point though.

Yea, like i said before; i totally get your point and where you're driving at nevertheless my point is some of the countries which aren't listed here have not had that scientific breakthrough; same as Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by xtophy(m): 7:48am On Apr 11, 2013
Rossikk: What amazes me is the way people simply accept whatever these fly-by-night, mom and pop foreign organizations announce in their 'newsletters'.

What was their methodology for the research?

Nobody asks.

Who are they?

Nobody asks.

How much research expertise and experience do they have to conduct such a far-reaching, complex global survey?

Nobody asks.

What was their research budget for surveying hundreds of countries' level of scientific development?

Nobody asks.

Who is funding them and why?

Nobody asks.

Oyibo has declared. So God himself has spoken. No need to question.

[size=20pt]PATHETIC.[/size]
broda, may God bless u abundantly, u wil neva hav any cause 2 weep in Jesus name...u hav just made my day worthwhile
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by xtophy(m): 7:52am On Apr 11, 2013
Rossikk:

Nigeria manufactures cars, buses, trucks, suvs (Innoson). Manufactures complete motorcycles, including principal component parts and engines (Qinggi). Manufactures computers, tablets and accessories (Zinox). Today the world's first and only black built satellite, NigerSat 2 sits in outer space, an achievement of Nigerian scientists. The Nigerian Navy now builds seaworthy vessels from scratch, with 100% local input, like NNS Andoni, a 31m Seaward Defence Boat. The Nigerian Defence Industries builds mortars and RPG launchers, armoured personnel carriers, and manufactures their own bullet proof vests. Nigeria has three functional nuclear reactors. Nigeria manufactures and fabricates aluminium. Manufactures chemicals, including agro-chemicals. Manufactures paint. Manufactures drugs for the pharmaceutical industry. Nigeria processes solid minerals like Calcium Carbonate, Dolomite, and Limestone. I could go on and on and on..

Now, there are many countries that are NOT on that list of ''those lagging behind'', who cannot boast of 1/5 of the achievements I've just outlined.

When even YOU don't know what is produced in Nigeria, how will some foreign group not wake up and include Nigeria on any stupid list? They know you don't read or research. That's what gives them the audacity.

I mean, just because CNN and co choose to IGNORE all scientific strides made in Nigeria (afterall is Boko Haram not the only worthy news item?) does not mean WE in Nigeria will pretend we are standing still.

may d lord bless u
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by ABAKA72(m): 7:56am On Apr 11, 2013
so how many countries come remain, because from the list, countries don almost finnish.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by saintdeby(m): 8:29am On Apr 11, 2013
[quote author=Rossikk]

[/quote
u are lieing
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 11, 2013
Kslib:
Bla bla bla!!!! Ask yourself "where did those so-called innoson,zinox and co acquired their expertise and exposure from,if not abroad".. I am not saying its actually bad to learn from somewhere else but how many home-grown science graduates,non-graduates have contributed to this country scientifically
I wont be surprised if innoson,zinox and the likes prefer to employ those who schooled abroad rather than home..
We all know,and you know also that we are waaay waaay behind scientifically and need enough upgrade and work to be able to catch up with this scientific age..
Lastly,all those stuffs you mentioned about our satellite,navy ship and others just made me laugh cos you and i know that all what those Nigerian scientists did was just to assemble the parts under the supervision of someone who studied abroad... I wont be surprised if all those involved in the project were those who studied abroad... Our home grown lads are intelligent but the enviroment and mentality of the society just adds to the problem...
We have a very very lloooong way to go before our technological and scientific back-bone will be gangam....
you and Rossik are extremists in you views. One of u blivs we havent gone an inch, d other actually thinks we have gone beyond expectations.
The truth is that there is a difference between science and technology even though they go hand in hand. In science alone,we havent advanced, the only time i heard about a Nigerian discover a microbe, it was one UNN female professor Mrs Mba who named d organism, Nsukkadrillus mbae after Nsukka.dat was in early 2000s.
We have gone better in indigenous technology than science. Aba made conduit wires are stronger and more durable but imported wires are a lot cheaper.
Nnewi alone has a lot of manufacturing firms in automobile parts using local workers too. There are also other indigenous manufacturing and assembly hubs in Nigeria.
However, compared with what Nigeria has in physical and human resources, it shouldnt have been in that list. The govt devoted to corruption and tribalism will not see that happen. Its a pity these indigenous enterprises are driven by private individuals while the govt is concerned abt party politics alone, as if advanced countried dont have parties.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Ugosample(m): 8:50am On Apr 11, 2013
@ Rossikk, why do you celebrate mediocrity? So, the Asian countries doing well today were not on the same level with Nigeria 50 years ago? Mediocrity has ruined this country!
Rossikk:

For a developing nation that's just 50 years old, I think we've EXCEEDED expectations.

Our problem is because we don't value anything that we do, we don't highlight our achievements in order to draw the necessary attention to build on them. Instead, when we achieve anything, some spiteful failures who've not accomplished anything in their own lives, come out to spit on it and try to tell us it's 'nothing'.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Jalal(m): 8:58am On Apr 11, 2013
i was at least glad to see a lot of countries in front of Nigeria, till i realized the list was alphabetical lol tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by iLUMeN8(m): 9:03am On Apr 11, 2013
As much as I hate to admit it, I do not think those guys are far from the truth. During my service year I taught chemistry and biology to SS3 students and the fact is that a lot of kids in our high schools don't know jack. Imagine, students in SS3 being unable to identify simple laboratory glassware and apparatus like conical flask and tripod stands. Its sad cos at the end of the day those same students will sit for SSCE and pass with distinctions, gain admission into our tertiary institutions bribe/sleep their way through school and probably become lecturers some of which will teach our own kids. I feel pity for the next generation. I only pray that something is done and fast.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by stankezzy: 9:04am On Apr 11, 2013
north korea nd indonesia is there ,it shows that this list is fake.is it not this same korea that is troubeling the world with long range missiles nd nuclear bumbs.bros to manufacture nuclear bomb no be moi moi,to build missile wey go fit go from their place reach america no be akamu case.if these countrys are in the list,we do not have to complain ,the list is dead on arrival.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by seyi42k(m): 9:10am On Apr 11, 2013
Rossikk:

What have you manufactured or designed in your entire miserable life to be dismissing the above listed achievements? Are human beings not driving Innoson vehicles, MANUFACTURED IN NIGERIA (not ''assembled'', you ignorant layabout)? Why do I have to be the one driving it in order to acknowledge it? Your mind can only think of ''pure water factories'' because you are a sick, demented, dark soul who revels in negativity. Why are you insulting Zinox computers? They are a very serious outfit:

http://www.zinoxtechnologies.com/

Innoson Motors won the prestigious African Business of the Year Award in 2012, organized by African Business Magazine and the Commonwealth Business Council in London:

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/39638-innoson-group-wins-2012-african-business-of-the-year-award

The NigerSat Satellite was built by Nigerians. Have you praised them for that effort before asking if it was built in Nigeria? If they build the next one in Nigeria, will you not dismiss it by claiming it was merely ''assembled'' here? What have you personally built of note whether in or outside Nigeria? Damn negativist. Instead of you to see how you can add to the accomplishments of the above, all you know is to tear down and insult your betters.

I wonder the kind of training you had growing up. It bugles my mind the way you present issues and ideas. I read most of your post dispassionately and I have never found an iota of common sense.

It is either you are contrarian and brutish to engender discussion on behalf of nairaland which will in turn increase page ranks like some have adduced to or you are really a government sponsored operative. However, it will really be unfortunate for you if you are neither any of the above but truly believe all the tripe you write.

You stated that I insulted a company. I have gone through this thread and incidentally, you are the one insulting our collective sensibilities. You mentioned Nigersat....the very same one built in China? or was it built and sent to space in Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by texazzpete(m): 9:15am On Apr 11, 2013
I'm now fully convinced that not only is Rossikk a Government stooge, he's also on the take from some foreign governments who are desperate to see Nigeria remain undeveloped.

Seriously, quoting Zinox and Innoson as examples of hi-tech in Nigeria? #Where we ASSEMBLE parts made elsewhere?
He's putting forward foreign trained Nigerians who worked on a team in Surrey (which also had a foreign contingent) to build a satellite as an example of our science development.

PATHETIC

How many universities in Nigeria have working wind tunnels? Or Aerospace labs? Or chip fabrication facilities? Which one offers courses on rocketry?

Nonsense.

PS: Let this Government dog tell us why, if we're so developed, every big Government functionary or politician that so much as catches a cold is shipped overseas for treatment. As we speak, Patience Jonathan's mother is in a German hospital. Meanwhile, Nelson mandela is treated STRICTLY in South African Universities.

Rossikk is little more than a sycophantic lapdog.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 11, 2013
...nigeria is such a religious country,yet does not fear God.nigeria always believe in miracle,hence she is not science oriented....
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Wazobia9ja: 9:50am On Apr 11, 2013
Rossikk:

Innoson & co do not manufacture anytin, they assemble parts just lik PAN&ANAMCO.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by AK481(m): 10:55am On Apr 11, 2013
seyi42k:

What are you talking about. Do you drive Innoson vehicles? How many chips did Zinox design or make and do you have a zinox computer at home? Was the satellite built in Nigeria?

Even if you are a paid government agent (like a lot of nairalanders think and I am wont to agreeing with), you should concede defeat in certain areas. Even the US secretary of state will diplomatically acknowledge some shortcomings.

Zinox Ko, Innoson ni. You should have mentioned that Nigeria has the largest number of pure water factories in the world. Now that we are assembling parts from all over the world, we are suddenly now a scientifically advanced country.

Come on, even if you are a staunch believer in this hapless government. Once in a while, don't post mediocre points as the above. However, I cannot blame you, afterall this is the Nigeria of your dreams.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Gudiza(m): 10:57am On Apr 11, 2013
Godogwu:

Yea, like i said before; i totally get your point and where you're driving at nevertheless my point is some of the countries which aren't listed here have not had that scientific breakthrough; same as Nigeria.

Your country is a bottom feeder, take it or leave it.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by AK481(m): 10:59am On Apr 11, 2013
Rossikk:

What have you manufactured or designed in your entire miserable life to be dismissing the above listed achievements? Are human beings not driving Innoson vehicles, MANUFACTURED IN NIGERIA (not ''assembled'', you ignorant layabout)? Why do I have to be the one driving it in order to acknowledge it? Your mind can only think of ''pure water factories'' because you are a sick, demented, dark soul who revels in negativity. Why are you insulting Zinox computers? They are a very serious outfit:

http://www.zinoxtechnologies.com/

Innoson Motors won the prestigious African Business of the Year Award in 2012, organized by African Business Magazine and the Commonwealth Business Council in London:

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/39638-innoson-group-wins-2012-african-business-of-the-year-award

The NigerSat Satellite was built by Nigerians. Have you praised them for that effort before asking if it was built in Nigeria? If they build the next one in Nigeria, will you not dismiss it by claiming it was merely ''assembled'' here? What have you personally built of note whether in or outside Nigeria? Damn negativist. Instead of you to see how you can add to the accomplishments of the above, all you know is to tear down and insult your betters.

You forgot to add;the young beautiful secondary school girls that developed a urine powered generator.
Mind u it was confirmed,tested in aljazeera news.
This is what oyibo taught was a miracle,hence it was doubted,bt aljazeera looked into it and proved europeans and the usa wrong.

Note:even our so called ait and nta reported the confirmed news after aljazeera crew flew from doha.

Imagine how nigeria will be with constant electricity,subsidy totally removed and the (140-65 naira=75 per litter money) being used as grants for all unemployed(post nysc) or all nysc graduates.

I rest my case for the stupidity of some nigeria n their greedy leaders
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 11, 2013
MacLovington: .

Correct my brother. Philosophy is the basis of science and all learning. If you can't think or formulate hypotheses (plural) to prove or disprove, you cannot event. That's why you still have PhD. Dr of Philosphy in Maths, Biology, English, Igbo etc.

That is Concrete. More grease to your elbow cool
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 11, 2013
bros thank you...how many people even watch the scientific research prog ...voyage of discovery on NTA? the only thing in everybody mind is to chop Fed Govt money. believe me, if one is found to be scientifically brilliant, everyone suddenly make it a point of duty to fustrate that individual. is that bad.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Excellent7(m): 11:32am On Apr 11, 2013
It made interesting reading going through the posts.
It's unfortunate that a good number of commentators seem not to have a good grasp of what it means to advance in science and technology, do not have a scientific background, irredeemably to patriotic to accept reality, and/or mad with the source or Nigerians in diaspora.
I wish to thank Tony spike and other who have shed enlightened views.
As much as I crave to hear encouraging news in this aspect about 9ja, I can not agree less with the list (with respect to Nigeria). Scientifically, we have been on the downward trend since the 80's and mid 90's when the most enterprising brains were forced to leave the tertiary institutions. You can not give what you do not have. In my own opinion with the state of things anyone serious in science and engineering should aspire for some international input after at most a 1st degree!!! To put it clearly, I do not think that our tertiary institutions are equipped with the appropriate manpower and tools for resourceful science and engineering education in the 21st century.
If you disagree with me go to sciencedirect or ISI web of knowledge and goggle the names of faculty members in any naija school you know, if you get any hits, check the dates of these highly ranked publications, most were done over 20 years ago, most probably around the time the finished their doctorates. I am not blaming anybody but this is the situation. For those in the know, there are metrics for measuring scientific output and quality and we are so far behind at the moment.
For the guy that mentioned that we have 3 nuclear reactors; this is news to me and I am desirous of more info on that. To the best of my knowledge we do not have any, as the funds released by Obasanjo's government in the late seventies developed "complications". If you have ever had access to a small nuclear facility you will be in a position to appreciate the discipline and containments needed in the design.
Lastly about the mentioned "pessimism" of diaspora Nigerians, I understand them. You can not compare one thing or one experience. I believe having experienced it both ways and seeing the wasted time and lack of planned and deliberate action to reverse the trend there are little grounds for much optimism.
Lastly, there is no doubt that Nigerians are very smart people individually, but we need re-education and re-orientation, a critical mass of manpower and tools backed by a clear cut national policy, and within a decade a change can be possible in this regard.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by hairyman(m): 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
What exactly are all the argument about. Is Nigeria scientifically advanced? The answer to that is plainly no, Innoson or no. Naming Zinox and innoson and motorcycle assemblers or manufacturers maybe, Nigersat (did you say Nigerians made that?), assembled nuclear reactors, mines(I never knew that to pass for scientific prowess), manufacturing of motar and armoured vehicles (non of which can compete in the international market) or ship (which ancient egyptians were making out of papyrus) and all mentioned are quite off the point. How much innovation have we pioneered, how much of the copying you seem so proud of have we transformed into something of worth, how much has any of it improved the average Nigerian's life. We are unbelievably backward considering our resources, and if all the things mentioned above were proudly spoken then we are unspeakably mediocre. We are in an age where cyborgs are becoming achieveable plans and we are here squabbling over mining as a mark of scientific prowess. Note that Nigeria is still a developing country because it chooses to remain so. No more No less. In 1960 there were countries with equal GDP that are no longer grouped as third world. We have exceeded no expectation.
Gentlemen be wise. Shalom
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by cronsberg: 12:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
It seems some people are hell bent on bringing down nigeria/demoralizing its citizens. Its quite clear these people are sponsort foreign agents, the kind that russia kicked out for doing exactly what they're doing here now that is spreading fake reports,articles findings that are carefully packed to make certain nations look inferior.
If not, are these people with there "report" telling us that tunisia, cuba, libya shocked e.t.c are more scientifically developed than Nigeria? What is wrong with you people. Did the report consider our functioning nuclear research centers in Zaria,with majority nigerian nuclear scientists working there? What about our cell research labs in vom and jos whose findings May & Baker drug company in ogun is using to manufacture drugs. many examples that i don't have time to list. Now tell me, how many countries can boast of those? certainly some countries that are considered "Scientifically inclined" don't have the scientific/facilities we poses. Yet some ignorant half baked diaspora Nigeiran who doesn't even know whats REALLY happening in his country will be taken for a ride by these foriegn organizations. What a shame. I for one will NEVER believe such crap.
Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Rossikk(m): 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
Godogwu:

LAWLL!!!....."One single individual American can do all of those things you just listed in their backyard and not inform his neighbours about it...it's not a big deal"

A single American can build a car like Innoson does in their backyard?
A single American can build a satellite and launch it into space in their backyard?
A single American can build computers like Zinox does in his/her backyard?

and wait thats not all, nobody cares...."it's not a big deal!" but are you even alright this guy, the people who did any of those things are the richest Americans today; Bill gates, Michael Dell and the rest.

The way some of you worship Americans though.....sigh, its pitiful.
To her an American is a god. Absolutely shameful and pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Among Science-Lagging Developing Countries by Rossikk(m): 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
cronsberg: It seems some people are hell bent on bringing down nigeria/demoralizing its citizens. Its quite clear these people are sponsort foreign agents, the kind that russia kicked out for doing exactly what they're doing here now that is spreading fake reports,articles findings that are carefully packed to make certain nations look inferior.
If not, are these people with there "report" telling us that tunisia, cuba, libya shocked e.t.c are more scientifically developed than Nigeria? What is wrong with you people. Did the report consider our functioning nuclear research centers in Zaria,with majority nigerian nuclear scientists working there? What about our cell research labs in vom and jos whose findings May & Baker drug company in ogun is using to manufacture drugs. many examples that i don't have time to list. Now tell me, how many countries can boast of those? certainly some countries that are considered "Scientifically inclined" don't have the scientific/facilities we poses. Yet some ignorant half baked diaspora Nigeiran who doesn't even know whats REALLY happening in his country will be taken for a ride by these foriegn organizations. What a shame. I for one will NEVER believe such crap.
This was what I said originally. The list is just another exercise in racial discrimination. Someone mentioned a few Africans being on the board of the 'TWAS group. As if that makes any bloody difference. The so called Africans on the board themselves probably are just as clueless as to the scope of scientific development in African nations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

To The Adminstrators! / 18 Reasons Your Facebook Account Got Blocked / Good Bye To N97/litre As You Can Now Run Your Generator With Gas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.