Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty (7907 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. / Christian Youths Kill Muslims In Reprisal Attacks At Gonin Gora, Kaduna / Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by babaskool(m): 10:26am On Apr 11, 2013
ABEG SEUN OR ANY MODERATOR SHOULD PLEASE TAKE MY BREAKING NEWS ON BOKO HARAM TO THE FRONT PAGE ABEG https://www.nairaland.com/1253824/breaking-news-boko-haram-rejects
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by ylaa(f): 10:26am On Apr 11, 2013
kkkp: Afterall most ppl killed by boko haram n security agents r muslims bt d media kip painting it as if dey r xtians..d Northern xtians knw dis..*** gov must give dem amnesty lyk it or nt

YOU R ONE OF THEM AND THE AMNESTY WILL NEVER HAPPEN. NOT WHEN I AM IN GOVT.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by herbiofem(m): 10:29am On Apr 11, 2013
nairaman66: To Mr Ebele Goodluck Jonathan, I suggest you create a platform/committee,

* To SCRAP the Amnesty given to the NigerDelta Militants with immediate effect.
* SCRAP the SURE-P project because it is a SHAM.
* Never to think about granting BH boys Amnesty at all.
* Pay Social Security to all Nigerian Youths, expect ally those in the NigerDelta, even those in diaspora should benefit.
* Increase Minimum Wage Structure for Civil Servants.
* Decrease the wanton embezzlement in form of salaries to both the House of Reps and The Senate.
* Increase the monthly allowance of the NYSC without delay.
* Pass a Bill for CAPITAL PUNISHMENT for corruption at all levels/arms of Government.

Only then we'll know what you truly mean by -Fresh Air grin.

A Stitch In Time, Saves Nine!!
lack of love for others, turn nations backward.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by dederocs(m): 10:30am On Apr 11, 2013
This amnesty will bring more blood shed,vengeance is a must.
Nigeria is on the verge of collapse-i weep for Nigeria,the families of the victims will seek vengeance-Christians everywhere must reject this.
the blood of the slain people will haunt Nigeria,till justice is carried out.
peace without justice is an illusion.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by dederocs(m): 10:32am On Apr 11, 2013
kkkp: Afterall most ppl killed by boko haram n security agents r muslims bt d media kip painting it as if dey r xtians..d Northern xtians knw dis..*** gov must give dem amnesty lyk it or nt
thunder fire your mouth-idiot.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by herbiofem(m): 10:34am On Apr 11, 2013
Nigeria is a great nation but corrupt and GOD fearless being want it turn down. it will not work IJN.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by herbiofem(m): 10:36am On Apr 11, 2013
herbiofem: Nigeria is a great nation but corrupt and GOD fearless being want it turn down. it will not work IJN.
[b][/b]WHAT IS THE PRIDE OF BEING A LESBIAN.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by 50calibre(m): 10:37am On Apr 11, 2013
EyesWideOpen:
And you'll come here later screaming 'NIGERIA IS A SECULAR STATE' ..... When I see peeps lyk u on d loose I think 'why can't they just scrap religion in Nigeria?'

You think I'm on the loose? When you push a man to the wall, there is but only one way he can go and that is come at you. I agree that religion like Islam should be scrapped because all they seek it to impose their doctrine on every one by hook or by crook. Christianity doesn't seek such.

Islam is the single biggest threat to global peace ( even bigger than global warming) they even have conflicts among themselves Shia vs Sunni.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by herbiofem(m): 10:42am On Apr 11, 2013
herbiofem: Nigeria is a great nation but corrupt and GOD fearless being want it turn down. it will not work IJN.
[color=#770077][/color]MACHINE WORKS BUT NEVER BEING PAID.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by stineb1: 10:43am On Apr 11, 2013
seunfly: I have said it b4 that Nigerian gov is giving encouragement to bad things such as corruption, insecurity, lawlessness and favouritism. Each sucesive gov have compromised too much since military era just to consolidate their own power rather that give good governance. But Jonathan has over do his own partialy due to 2015 ambition and his minority status.
Now a non violent peaple who is managing the situation we find our self will result to gov body language and the parson waiting 4 justice for the voilence papetrated against him or his peaple will be broken hearted because the voilent peaple has been compeciated instead of justice.
Are you writing English or Yoruba? Its not by force to comment please.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by mekaboy(m): 10:46am On Apr 11, 2013
Okija_juju:

What exactly is christian about this group?! Jesus preached Love, even in the face of adversity, even to those who deligently persecute you, yet his followers threaten to act like infidels and gentiles in the name of Jesus..

One thing I am certain of is that if I go to hell, then everybody is definitely going to hell with me.. angry

The kingdom of GOD suffereth violence and the voilent taketh it by force. Even though we r gentle like a dove yet we are bold like a lion. So muslims should kill christians to get govt to release funds to them?

Those who have graduated years back have no jobs or income, and people who wake up in the morning and kill innocent pple automatically get into govt payroll.

What if another govt comes in and scraps the boko haram amnesty program?
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by mekaboy(m): 11:00am On Apr 11, 2013
segun-obe:
One of the major tenets of christianity is forgiveness so I see no reason why we as christians should not be willing to forgive.
Should we sacrifice peace and transquility on the alter of vandetta? Remember there still so many churches,christians and southerners in the core north.

Yes we have forgiven them, but they have to face the law. If an armed robber is caught and asks GOD for forgiveness, God forgives him but he will still be sent to prison. Even in the prison GOD has forgiven him, if he dies in prison GOD will welcome him in paradise.

If that is the case all rapists, kidnappers and armed robbers should be forgiven and allowed to go about freely.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by kkkp: 11:12am On Apr 11, 2013
Lolzzz dey no dey tell blind man sey rain dey fall smiley grin grin grin grin
ylaa:

YOU R ONE OF THEM AND THE AMNESTY WILL NEVER HAPPEN. NOT WHEN I AM IN GOVT.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by segunobe(m): 11:14am On Apr 11, 2013
mekaboy:

Yes we have forgiven them, but they have to face the law. If an armed robber is caught and asks GOD for forgiveness, God forgives him but he will still be sent to prison. Even in the prison GOD has forgiven him, if he dies in prison GOD will welcome him in paradise.

If that is the case all rapists, kidnappers and armed robbers should be forgiven and allowed to go about freely.

What price would be too much to pay for peace to reign? Bro,our weapons are not canal.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by ojofu(m): 11:14am On Apr 11, 2013
Everyone is crying out for peace, None is crying out for justice.
I say, Everyone is crying out for peace,
None is crying out for justice.
But there will be no peace,
Till man gat Equal rights,
Equal rights and justice,
Equal rights and justice.
-- peter tosh.

There can never be peace, when there is no equal rights and justice. If you like, grant boko haram,niger delta militants, massob, opc, even north korea self, peace will still pack his bag and live, if there is no justice. He may to stay for sometime but the moment he smells that there is no Equal rights and justice, he will surely leave.
Me think that granting armnesty to terrorist or any group is like handing over your balls to your enemy and if they don't like what you are doing, they can squeeze as much as they like e.g Niger delta militants, Check their behaviour after the armnesty, protest after protest, some even threatened to go back to the creeks, and now they are killing policemen. Uncle Jona please watch it, Don't handover yours BALLS to boko haram please!!!
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by dederocs(m): 11:50am On Apr 11, 2013
50calibre: As a Christian myself, I quite share some of their concerns and reservations. An obvious alternative is to arm every Christian with a gun and sufficient rounds and giving them the liberty to shoot any Muslim who exhibits the slightest sign of aggression.

Even Elijah in the bible, commanded fire to consume the prophets of bahl.
PASTORS SHOULD BE PRACTICAL AND STOP EATING CHURCH MONEY LIKE FOOLS,BUY AK'S AND MACHINE GUNS FOR CHRISTIAN YOUTHS,AN EYE FOR AN EYE.
ALL THESE USELESS CHRISTIAN LEADERS,CORRUPTION HAS MADE THEM WEAK.BUY ARMS AND AMMUNITION,WE HAVE MORE MONEY THAN THESE ABOKIS.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by donted(m): 11:52am On Apr 11, 2013

U r wrong. Christian r much more affected. Can u compare d number of mosque affected to that of churches?
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by dederocs(m): 11:55am On Apr 11, 2013
Okija_juju:

What exactly is christian about this group?! Jesus preached Love, even in the face of adversity, even to those who deligently persecute you, yet his followers threaten to act like infidels and gentiles in the name of Jesus..

One thing I am certain of is that if I go to hell, then everybody is definitely going to hell with me.. angry
mR MAN PARK WELL,IS IT UNTIL THEY KILL ALL CHRISTIANS...this is a war situation against islam and christianity-being enforced by thier standing army,you are there talking peace.
"The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence and the violence takes it by force"
There is time for peace and time for war.this one is fighting for survival.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by badesco(m): 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
Not only youth Christians but the entire citizens of Nigeria opposes Amnesty for Boko Haram Devilish Group.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by hrykanu231(m): 12:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
How many Mosques did they blow up with IEDs? let's use that as a lil yardstick
My dear it is so glaring that more churches were/are still been bombed by this fools. So xtains have suffered more. If FG like they shld grant Amnesty, one thing I can assure them is that more Dangerous groups will likely emerge.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by henrysam(m): 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
Boko Haram is about internal insurgency and the fg can not do anything about it, just wondering if there should be external one. We will have to negotiate our oil with them. God should please be merciful on to this country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by hikmoj(m): 12:46pm On Apr 11, 2013
50calibre: As a Christian myself, I quite share some of their concerns and reservations. An obvious alternative is to arm every Christian with a gun and sufficient rounds and giving them the liberty to shoot any Muslim who exhibits the slightest sign of aggression.

Even Elijah in the bible, commanded fire to consume the prophets of bahl.
mumu plenty plenty 4 nairaland o!
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by kkkp: 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
D church tin is jst a propaganda by d media..unbalanced reports...THIS DAY BOMBING...do u knw hw many innocent citizens r bn killed by JTF in d name of suspects If anytin hapuns d jtf wil go n start killin ppl wit anger...jst my observation thou
hrykanu231:
How many Mosques did they blow up with IEDs? let's use that as a lil yardstick
My dear it is so glaring that more churches were/are still been bombed by this fools. So xtains have suffered more. If FG like they shld grant Amnesty, one thing I can assure them is that more Dangerous groups will likely emerge.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by idriis: 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
Okija_juju:

Hell Boy, how far na? Abeg greet devil for me if don reach. Tell am say hin cup go soon full oh!
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by cronsberg: 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
donroxy: CHRISTIAN YOUTHS REJECT AMNESTY FOR BOKO HARAM, THREATENS VIOLENCE

Written by Paschal Okeke -Abuja Thursday, 11 April 2013 02:48

AS the Federal Government buckles under the pressure to consider granting amnesty to the Boko Haram sect, the Youth Wing of the Christian Association of Nigeria (YOWICAN) has threatened violence if the plan is carried out.

YOWICAN, whose membership cut across the six geopolitical zones in the country, said thatrather than considering amnesty to the group, the Federal Government should immediately arrest Senators Ahmed Zanna and Buka Ibrahim for their alleged involvement in the activities of the violent sect.
Addressing journalists in Abuja on Wedenesday, the president of the religious group, Dr Simon Dolly, warned that the “planned amnesty for murderers is potentially dangerous to Nigeria and Nigerians because it is a clarion call to more terrorism in Nigeria.”

Dolly said President Jonathan must be reminded that the fact that the Boko Haram sect insurgency had come to send jitters into the spine of the people would not confirm absolute power to unleash violence, stressingthat “nobody has the monopoly of violence.”

He said: “In case the Federal Government is contemplating granting amnesty to willful murderers masquerading as political and religious insurgents who do not respect the basic tenets of humanity and the Constitutionof the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the FederalGovernment should be prepared to face perhaps more deadly and sophisticated response.

“We ask Mr President to go all out for these Boko Haram members by consolidating on the gains made by the various security agencies and to arrest those whose utterances and actions have implicated them.”

Dolly admonished President Goodluck Jonathan to be wary of some politicians in the North who felt they could use the issue ofthe Boko Haram insurgency to correct the anomalies they created while in power.

“We appeal to the president not to be cowed by politicians and few misfits and naturally rebellious persons in the North who are attempting to use the Boko Haram insurgency as a bait to correct what they have failed to do while they were in power,” he stated.

Rather than engaging in a wide goose chase,the group insisted that what could bring lasting peace to the restive Northern region, the Federal Government should immediately return all missionary schools to their rightful owners, build “Christian Vocational Centres” in the 36 states of the Federation, including Abuja

The group further demanded the employment of Christian Religious Knowledgeteachers in the North.

On the Federal Government SURE-P, YOWICAN, noted that having used the Nigerian youths to endorse the programme, it had turned outto be a sham and a deceit.

The group said,”On the current SURE-P programme, we observed with dismay that having used the Nigerian youths to endorse the subsidy re-investment with good promises, the programme has turned out to be a sham and complete deceit.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/9346-christian-youths-reject-amnesty-for-boko-haram-threatens-violence

Just look at the bolded and tell me those "christian youths" are not crazy. What then is there difference with BH, they both are persuine there "religious interests", and both promise voilence.
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by mu2sa2: 2:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
Here we are - christians threatening violence because somebody is proposing peace. When boko haram stops these war-mongers would takeover and for JTF it is not all over until it is over!
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by mekaboy(m): 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
segun-obe:

What price would be too much to pay for peace to reign? Bro,our weapons are not canal.

Bro, we need to pay the highest price for peace. And that price is justice. Granting amnesty is dealing with the fruit while the root of the tree is still flourishing.

Dealing with the root is identifying all those senators associated with them, send them to court, if found guilty, interrogate them and sentence them to death.

That is the highest price which jonathan finds it hard to pay.

John rollins former president in ghana paid the price to get things to work in ghana.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by mekaboy(m): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
henrysam: Boko Haram is about internal insurgency and the fg can not do anything about it, just wondering if there should be external one. We will have to negotiate our oil with them. God should please be merciful on to this country Nigeria.

Na step by step, negotiate with the local branch, then their affiliates will arrive nigeria and make bigger demands.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Okijajuju1(m): 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
dederocs:
mR MAN PARK WELL,IS IT UNTIL THEY KILL ALL CHRISTIANS...this is a war situation against islam and christianity-being enforced by thier standing army,you are there talking peace.
"The kingdom of heaven suffereth violence and the violence takes it by force"
There is time for peace and time for war.this one is fighting for survival.

Congratulations!!!!

You and your lot just succeeded in proving that Christians and Pastors manipulate the scriptures to suit them..

You read that passage and that was what you understood abi?! Well!! Newsflash! That scripture does not in any way advice Christians to be violent!! Go and re-read it again!
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by CUIzundu(m): 3:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
I think this all these is mere political power pursuit if not... I once spoke to an aggrieved army man
Who spelt d language "if d presidents wants d boko haram iSsue to come 2 an end, he knows what to do",he further stated, is nigeria d richest nation in d world?if no is d answer, seek solutions from developed countries n do what u must, granting amnesty 2 BH is not an option at all, Mr President, stop running away 4rm fights and face it Like d number 1 citizen u are, ur house iz on fire and u want 2 make peace/pay d cowards that hide their faces behind masks, they too have fears...a particular group can't beat a whole nation, MBA NU!!! Its unheard of.
NOTE.... My master if u negociate with these cowards, more will come....I mean much More...What's d work of these military dat u allocate billions...nobody said it wud b easy bt 4 once hold your GROUND, Zero tolerance 2 corruption, no more foreigners, all these niger pple deport them back to their countries , enuf is enuf...amnesty iz not an option
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
50calibre:
Islam is the single biggest threat to global peace ( even bigger than global warming) they even have conflicts among themselves Shia vs Sunni.
50 calibs,

Islam aint a threat to Global peace but some unscrupulous peeps are using Islam to distabilise global peace......

I tagged it ''Global Conspiracy'' !!!
Re: Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
mekaboy:

The kingdom of GOD suffereth violence and the voilent taketh it by force. Even though we r gentle like a dove yet we are bold like a lion. So muslims should kill christians to get govt to release funds to them?

Those who have graduated years back have no jobs or income, and people who wake up in the morning and kill innocent pple automatically get into govt payroll.

What if another govt comes in and scraps the boko haram amnesty program?
Govt is fighting a failed cause......

The only way to tackled insurgency/unrest in Nigeria is for the GOVT to be Accountable,Transparent and Rule of Law should always prevail.....

Nigerian Govt shd invest in NIGERIANS NOT BOKO HARAM !!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Live Report Kwara Bye Election / FG Seeks Fresh $247.3m External Loan / Easter: FG Declares Friday, March 29 & Monday, April 1 As Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.