Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

The Vanity In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Vanity In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand (762 Views)

Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? / Giving And Receiving: Why Is The Righthand Deemed More Respectful? / Giving And Recieving With The Left Hand. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Vanity In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by victorNRceo: 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
The first time I had ^ up on nairaland,got derailed comments,perhaps because I had it up in a non-aligning section.
Overtime I have experienced discrimination at giving/collecting things with the left hand,especially from the elderly ones. I did ask for reason towards this perception,but all I get back is 'u can't understand(especially from d old people)' or 'disrespect'.
All I wanna know is:
I)What spiritual complications are attached to the ^^,if there were none then...
2)If it were owing to respect,then what cultural value(s) is this perception based on or what's the origin of this perception.

I'd appreciate un-derailed contributions. Thanks wink
Re: The Vanity In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by bokohalal(m): 1:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:
The first time I had ^ up on nairaland,got derailed comments,perhaps because I had it up in a non-aligning section.
Overtime I have experienced discrimination at giving/collecting things with the left hand,especially from the elderly ones. I did ask for reason towards this perception,but all I get back is 'u can't understand(especially from d old people)' or 'disrespect'.
All I wanna know is:
I)What spiritual complications are attached to the ^^,if there were none then...
2)If it were owing to respect,then what cultural value(s) is this perception based on or what's the origin of this perception.

I'd appreciate un-derailed contributions. Thanks wink

(1)Many people believe the left hand is unlucky.
(2)Saying to an elder he/she is unlucky?
Re: The Vanity In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by victorNRceo: 1:18pm On Apr 12, 2013
bokohalal:

(1)Many people believe the left hand is unlucky.
(2)Saying to an elder he/she is unlucky?

Forreal?
Re: The Vanity In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by tpia5: 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
una nor dey tire, zombies.
Re: The Vanity In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by victorNRceo: 10:01am On Apr 13, 2013
tpia@:
una nor dey tire, zombies.

I don't tink u are tired either,rite?
Re: The Vanity In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 19, 2019
It's excellent not just excellent!

(1) (Reply)

Adebayo Faleti Is Dead? / 10 Biggest Wedding Money Wasters / Oba Of Benin Is Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.