Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! - Nairaland / General (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! (70937 Views)

Have You Ever Been Duped By People With 'juju' Before? Share Your Experience... / 7 Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men / Gender Inequality: Was Feminism Just a Fad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by 99cent: 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
Seun Osewa should watch out because very soon, Nairaland might show up on the SPLC as a hate-website. That will be very bad news. Seun should do something about Black Kenichi (who is not even a Nigerian to begin with. He is an African American who is looking for platform to spread his misogyny and hate).

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2012/spring/misogyny-the-sites

I am amazed at how he pretty much sits on this thread 24/7.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2013
@99cent:
Truly, you are pathetic! Any more BS to post?
Slim pickings for white men to jizz on your face huh!?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
Tariq Nasheed spitting that hot fire. He's talking about how feminists (mainly black ones) are spreading lies about him (I can relate) and how his biggest audiences and haters are black women!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGd2k8V7VIc

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 10:50am On Sep 10, 2013
biolabee: Excellent response....hope more feminists share your view

They don't have to.

They are all entitled to their opinions.

I try to view all my opinions through the eyes of the Bible
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
valid point...
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by 99cent: 5:14am On Sep 12, 2013
bukatyne:

They don't have to.

They are all entitled to their opinions.

GBAM. it's so funny how people know so little about feminism that they assume all feminist share the exact same ideas.
all feminist have the same GOAL of gender equality but there are many views to take on it. but as long as the goal/vision is the same of gender equality then it falls under the umbrella of feminism.

bukatyne:

I have said that putting women in certain positions because they are women is actually an insult as you are indirectly saying 'women do not have the ability to excel, hence let us dash them a, b, c'

Let everyone get an equal chance to succeed and the best person win. If it is always men winning, goodluck! If it is always women, goodluck!

I will disagree with you on this one. Ever heard of such thing as "old boys network" or "old boys club"?
at the end of the day (aka in reality), networks and connections often triumphs meritocracy. So, women should be given the opportunity in areas where they are underrepresented due to the fact that they are often shut out of these networks and connections.
ie. women will NEVER be equal to men in certain professions if they are not given the leg up. same applies to men in female dominated profession
ex. if the CEO of the company and all the upper level directors are all men then the likelihood that they will pick a female to become a director is very low. this is not about merit but more about the way things work in reality.

the "equal chance" you talk about DOES NOT EXIST in reality. a poor child usually doesn't have a equal chance as a rich child. that's why things like financial aid scholarships exist for poor students in some places. or affirmative action for minority groups etc. these are all well intentioned programs that try to offset the fact that not everyone has equal chance and opportunity.

I don't understand your last sentence. Men are not more intelligent than women and neither are women more intelligent than men. So if men are always winning, then in my opinion, something needs to be searched and analyzed to figure out why and how to make things better.
I mean why do we need feminism in the first place if it's ok for women to be losers? the whole point of feminism is to uplift women from our subordinate position in society. we are not losers. there shouldn't be a winner vs loser.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2013
99cent:

GBAM. it's so funny how people know so little about feminism that they assume all feminist share the exact same ideas.
all feminist have the same GOAL of gender equality but there are many views to take on it. but as long as the goal/vision is the same of gender equality then it falls under the umbrella of feminism.

[b]I will disagree with you on this one. Ever heard of such thing as "old boys network" or "old boys club"?
at the end of the day (aka in reality), networks and connections often triumphs meritocracy. So, women should be given the opportunity in areas where they are underrepresented due to the fact that they are often shut out of these networks and connections.
ie. women will NEVER be equal to men in certain professions if they are not given the leg up. same applies to men in female dominated profession
ex. if the CEO of the company and all the upper level directors are all men then the likelihood that they will pick a female to become a director is very low. this is not about merit but more about the way things work in reality.

the "equal chance" you talk about DOES NOT EXIST in reality. a poor child usually doesn't have a equal chance as a rich child. that's why things like financial aid scholarships exist for poor students in some places. or affirmative action for minority groups etc. these are all well intentioned programs that try to offset the fact that not everyone has equal chance and opportunity.

I don't understand your last sentence. Men are not more intelligent than women and neither are women more intelligent than men. So if men are always winning, then in my opinion, something needs to be searched and analyzed to figure out why and how to make things better.
I mean why do we need feminism in the first place if it's ok for women to be losers? the whole point of feminism is to uplift women from our subordinate position in society. we are not losers. there shouldn't be a winner vs loser[/b].

My point is that even if there is 'old boys network', merit should be the standard when giving aid/assistance. I will place a man who has connections and a brilliant woman on equal pedestal. It now depends on the system in place at that point in time. Do you know there was a year in LASU when Jambites got admission before their own pre - degree students who passed? The Pre-degree students actually lost hope at a point. Some of my friends then even re-wrote Jamb and got admitted as Jambites. The university I graduated from gives a higher quota to jambites than Pre-degree students e.g. if the intake is about 5,000 students, they can do 3,500 Jambites and 1,500 Pre - degree or even a higher margin. In some other schools, they might not even look at the Jambites who applied to them until they have exhausted the pre-degree students.

We all owe ourselves the duty to know our strong points and gravitate to the system that suits us best. However, when we get into the system and the game changes we can start looking for necessary assistance. Imagine someone enters Covenant University and starts looking for assistance/scholarship to pay the fees when there are numerous Federal and State universities around.

As for the last sentence, I still believe in merit. If I do a test 100 times under standard conditions for a class taught under the same tutor with equal conditions where everyone has an equal chance, what is my business if a male scores highest the 100 times? or if a female scores highest the 100 times?

In my few years on earth, I have come to the realization that no body can be good in everything. Some people are only good in one thing. With the whole stereotype of females singing, I can't sing to save myself. Why do I have to disturb myself to sing when I know I can write well or teach? Wouldn't be foolish of me to go for a singing competition and be crying I always fail?

Every single person should determine their strong points and develop it. No matter how small or lowly it seems, please develop it to the very best.

Do you know why most people don't take feminists serious? We have left what we are good at to be looking for assistance in what we can't do. (I am not talking of gender roles because I do not believe in them either minus some exceptions). In this life, there is no competition with anybody. There is no I want to do A because Mr. B does so or because I want to prove I can or what a man can do a woman can do also/better. Anyone who does that will be extremely miserable whether a feminist or anti-feminist.

If I am not good at heights, why should I attempt to climb because Segun did to prove a point? Why don't I leave the mountain base and fly if I am expert at flying? Why don't I write or cook or swim or dance if that is what I will excel in? Why must it be that climbing that Segun does that I want to do? Why do I want to prove I am better than Segun in Climbing? Why must I be asking for special mountain gear instead of using my brain and time to put my flying gear in top form? The sky is wide enough to accommodate every one of us soaring. Guaranteed that some would soar more than others but why bother?

It is well. cheesy
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 10:40am On Sep 12, 2013
interesting
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 10:46am On Sep 12, 2013
biolabee: interesting

You be ghost? grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue lipsrsealed

I never see you viewing the thread and yet once I comment, your comment appears? wink
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
ghostmode cheesy
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
Feminist stupidity knows no bounds! angry sad shocked
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by 99cent: 4:06am On Sep 13, 2013
bukatyne:
I will place a man who has connections and a brilliant woman on equal pedestal.

I think what you are trying to say is that all fingers are not equal and we should accept reality the way it is. ie not try to change the status quo.
I personally find it unfair although I agree that reality will always be unfair. but that doesn't mean we should all be complacent.

Do you know why most people don't take feminists serious? We have left what we are good at to be looking for assistance in what we can't do. (I am not talking of gender roles because I do not believe in them either minus some exceptions). In this life, there is no competition with anybody. There is no I want to do A because Mr. B does so or because I want to prove I can or what a man can do a woman can do also/better. Anyone who does that will be extremely miserable whether a feminist or anti-feminist.

I agree that many feminists are doing a job that is not easy. The women who fought so women could be able to vote were probably miserable. they were hated and most didn't take them serious. But many yrs later, ALL women have reaped the benefit from that simple step.
Hillary Clinton when she first started out trying to put her feet in the waters of politics she was ridiculed and called all the abusive names in the book. was she miserable? I'm sure. But today, she is one of the leading candidates for presidency.
The same for BOTH female presidents in Africa (yes there are two female presidents in Africa) and they both faced misery for being females. It's extremely difficult and that's why there aren't many women in great places as there should be. the uphill battle is hard because of the many centuries of setback. it will take a lot of hard work to break even but it can be done.

just less than 200 yrs ago, EDUCATION was only for BOYS ONLY. The idea of girls going to school was unheard of and would be ridiculed. Even the english language developed in a way that it was assumed that only males will have access to reading. hence when u read the bible, they use male pronouns as if all humans were a "he" and that's because women weren't expected to be able to read so they were mostly ignored. In fact, people claimed that there was scientific evidence for why women should remain illiterate because because of biology, they are made for child rearing/cooking rather than for intellectual stuff. imagine
things have changed since then. change is always possible. the goal is for equality. I don't expect it to happen in my lifetime but I want as much progress towards the ideal in my lifetime as possible wink

We all owe ourselves the duty to ....gravitate to the system that suits us best.

hmm
yes. most people naturally do this. it's called staying in your COMFORT ZONE.
then there are the mavericks that decide to gravitate outside of the comfort zone.
Yes many feminists fall under this category and i'm sure they do it expecting the abuses and hardships. but if u are doing it for a grander vision, purpose or ideology, u can withstand anything. just like those folks that die for their beliefs.
that's why we need idealists in this world. without the idealists with progressive beliefs, nothing will ever change. we will still be living in the 10th century middle ages.

80% of progress is achieved by 20% of the population.
we don't need everybody to be feminist (although that will be awesome). just enough people to make changes. and definitely most women will be happy to share in the rewards. ex. there aren't many women out there staying at home and refusing to work. LOL but the idea that women could work happily in professional setting is something that had to be fought for and only a few women started out doing it and being ridiculed for it. ex. PHD used to stand for "push your husband down" imagine those bold women who went and achieved higher degrees and the second wave feminist movement that paved the way for the future generation of women who now see no big deal in this accomplishment of advanced educational degrees.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 6:48am On Sep 13, 2013
Feminism hurts women much more than it hurts guys, instead of focusing on the negative effects on the movement lets look at the positives.

1. Sex is more plentiful than ever... women give out pussy willy nilly

2. You don't have to pay for dates anymore

3. You don't have the marry and support a stay at home wife and kids you never see.

4. Men's issues are finally starting to be taken seriously in the public sphere.

The real burden on men was traditionalism... as bad as feminism is, in the scheme of things i think we have a common enemy.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 1:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
Have you guys ever noticed that how black feminists routinely avoid logical questions?
The likes of Mrs Chima, 99cent, De Beauvoir etc are good examples of what I said above.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 11:53am On Sep 19, 2013
99cent:

I think what you are trying to say is that all fingers are not equal and we should accept reality the way it is. ie not try to change the status quo.
I personally find it unfair although I agree that reality will always be unfair. but that doesn't mean we should all be complacent.

We all have the opportunity to excel in certain areas. In some places, it is man know man; in others, it is strictly by merit. Everyone should find the system that enhances their chances best.

99cent: I agree that many feminists are doing a job that is not easy. The women who fought so women could be able to vote were probably miserable. they were hated and most didn't take them serious. But many yrs later, ALL women have reaped the benefit from that simple step.
Hillary Clinton when she first started out trying to put her feet in the waters of politics she was ridiculed and called all the abusive names in the book. was she miserable? I'm sure. But today, she is one of the leading candidates for presidency.
The same for BOTH female presidents in Africa (yes there are two female presidents in Africa) and they both faced misery for being females. It's extremely difficult and that's why there aren't many women in great places as there should be. the uphill battle is hard because of the many centuries of setback. it will take a lot of hard work to break even but it can be done.

just less than 200 yrs ago, EDUCATION was only for BOYS ONLY. The idea of girls going to school was unheard of and would be ridiculed. Even the english language developed in a way that it was assumed that only males will have access to reading. hence when u read the bible, they use male pronouns as if all humans were a "he" and that's because women weren't expected to be able to read so they were mostly ignored. In fact, people claimed that there was scientific evidence for why women should remain illiterate because because of biology, they are made for child rearing/cooking rather than for intellectual stuff. imagine
things have changed since then. change is always possible. the goal is for equality. I don't expect it to happen in my lifetime but I want as much progress towards the ideal in my lifetime as possible wink

There is a difference btw fighting for a cause you believe in and fighting because people are fighting! LOL! Do you know why those women excelled and we hear about them today? It's because they did what they believe in. There are some things money cannot buy. Passion and talent is part of them. We all hear about Yerima because he staunchly believes in child marriage and even married one. It comes from within him. If I decide to support it because Yerima is doing so, I will burn out after a while because there is no passion within to sustain me.

Have you ever wondered how those women sat down and said women should be able to vote, be educated etc. without seeing any example around them? That is the spirit within I am talking about. Everyone have a drive and a purpose within. My point is that they should develop it and excel rather than trying to copy someone else. Imagine Martin Luther Jnr. fighting for women rights or Elizabeth Stanton fighting for equal rights for whites and blacks or Issac Newton trying to discover radiation? They would have failed and we would not hear about them

99cent: hmm
yes. most people naturally do this. it's called staying in your COMFORT ZONE.
then there are the mavericks that decide to gravitate outside of the comfort zone.
Yes many feminists fall under this category and i'm sure they do it expecting the abuses and hardships. but if u are doing it for a grander vision, purpose or ideology, u can withstand anything. just like those folks that die for their beliefs.
that's why we need idealists in this world. without the idealists with progressive beliefs, nothing will ever change. we will still be living in the 10th century middle ages.

80% of progress is achieved by 20% of the population.
we don't need everybody to be feminist (although that will be awesome). just enough people to make changes. and definitely most women will be happy to share in the rewards. ex. there aren't many women out there staying at home and refusing to work. LOL but the idea that women could work happily in professional setting is something that had to be fought for and only a few women started out doing it and being ridiculed for it. ex. PHD used to stand for "push your husband down" imagine those bold women who went and achieved higher degrees and the second wave feminist movement that paved the way for the future generation of women who now see no big deal in this accomplishment of advanced educational degrees.

It seems you did not get the gist of my post. When I was referring to abilities, I was talking of in born abilities also known as talents. The gifts God you because you are you. It is not buyable in the market. No amount of training or education can make me as good as you are if I am not gifted in that area. Like I stated in an earlier post, I don't believe in gender roles save exceptions like child birth etc.

I believe anyone can do/achieve anything if he/she has the innate ability to do so. I am against doing something because someone else does it.

are sometimes it is very necessary to stay in our comfort zone. As a Christian, it would be foolish of me to go to a club and complain about the indecency there. That is not my forte or a Muslim complaining about women opening their hair outside the mosque.

It is well
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 1:40am On Oct 02, 2013
More Anti Feminazi Memes

[img]http://kylamckee.files./2013/06/anti-feminist6.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.qkme.me/3uvv0s.jpg[/img]

I am actually starting to see some improvements in the New World Black community (mainly afram) where it comes to putting black women in their place. I say that the global recession is a blessing in disguise.
Soon these white male worshipping ghettogagging black feminist wh0res will have no place to hide. grin grin grin

They have only 2 choices:
1. Admit that they are wrong and know their place!
2. F*ck off and never return to the black community.

Make your choice Mrs Chima and 99cent. Time isn't on your side!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2013
Black Kenichi: More Anti Feminazi Memes

[img]http://kylamckee.files./2013/06/anti-feminist6.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.qkme.me/3uvv0s.jpg[/img]

b[I am actually starting to see some improvements in the New World Black community (mainly afram) where it comes to putting black women in their place[/b]. I say that the global recession is a blessing in disguise.
Soon these white male worshipping ghettogagging black feminist wh0res will have no place to hide. grin grin grin

They have only 2 choices:
1. Admit that they are wrong and know their place!
2. F*ck off and never return to the black community.

Make your choice Mrs Chima and 99cent. Time isn't on your side!

a Nazi non-feminist is the same as a feminazi
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
bukatyne:

Feminist = Feminazi
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
Tell me 99cent and Mrs Chima where are your beloved white gods to help and save the black feminist from the nasty black patriarchy?

You women are a bunch of deluded losers!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 10, 2013
bukatyne:

How can you be a christian and be an advocate of feminism at the same time? The Bible is clearly for male superiority and there are verses to show this; I am sure you know of them.

You are going against Yahweh's laws by advocating gender equality bukatyne.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 10, 2013
Black Kenichi:
You made the claim, so that means you must back it up you dumb bint!

Wtf!?
Seriously little woman, feminists like you keep proving my point.

You thought I was going to take your little meme infested thread serious? grin

You'd better think again. I only engage in serious discussions with mature adults with impressive intellectual capabilities, not whiny meme-posting-cry babies like black kenechi the serial killer.

And by all means come back and post another tear filled reply to this post that I will not take serious.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 10:30am On Oct 10, 2013
De Beauvoir:

How can you be a christian and be an advocate of feminism at the same time? The Bible is clearly for male superiority and there are verses to show this; I am sure you know of them.

You are going against Yahweh's laws by advocating gender equality bukatyne.

Dear,

I don't think you know God's laws enough to tell me that they are against gender equality.

I don't want to derail this thread by discussing this issue on this thread.

check my profile and check out my thread on that.

You can post your concerns/verses there

Thanks
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 10, 2013
bukatyne:

Dear,

I don't think you know God's laws enough to tell me that they are against gender equality.

I don't want to derail this thread by discussing this issue on this thread.

check my profile and check out my thread on that.

You can post your concerns/verses there

Thanks

I don't want to discuss bible verses because I know quite well that some ridiculous alternate interpretations of woman hating parts of the bible have been invented by embarrased liberals/progressives who can't admit that Yahweh created women to be inferior surbodinates and I am not in the mood to deal with all the chicanery and distorted definitions that such progressives employ in argument.

These parts of the bible are enough to tell any sincere person what the status of women is in Christianity:
Genesis 3:16
King James Bible
......and thy desire shall be
to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Ephesians 5:22
King James Bible
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own
husbands, as unto the Lord.

But I've got mad love for you bukatyne kiss
I've got mad love for all feminists so keep up the good work, Christian or not. kiss
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
De Beauvoir:

You thought I was going to take your little meme infested thread serious? grin

You'd better think again. I only engage in serious discussions with mature adults with impressive intellectual capabilities, not whiny meme-posting-cry babies like black kenechi the serial killer.

And by all means come back and post another tear filled reply to this post that I will not take serious.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
*Looks around to see only a deluded person woman rambling nonsense.*
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
Tell me something De Beauvoir
Who is that ugly bint pic on your profile?

Also do you honestly think I give a toss about what dumb feminist bint that doesn't prove her own assertions thinks of me. Get back to the f*cking kitchen you little tramp.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 2:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
Erin Pizzey reflects on Toronto protest
http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/erin-pizzey-reflects-on-toronto/

And for those who don't know who Erin Pizzey is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Pizzey

She's done more for women than most feminist can ever dream of! grin grin grin
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
Black Kenichi: Tell me something De Beauvoir
Who is that ugly bint pic on your profile?

Also do you honestly think I give a toss about what dumb feminist bint that doesn't prove her own assertions thinks of me. Get back to the f*cking kitchen you little tramp.

You think women's place is in the kitchen

bukatyne:

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
De Beauvoir:

I don't want to discuss bible verses because I know quite well that some ridiculous alternate interpretations of woman hating parts of the bible have been invented by embarrased liberals/progressives who can't admit that Yahweh created women to be inferior surbodinates and I am not in the mood to deal with all the chicanery and distorted definitions that such progressives employ in argument.

These parts of the bible are enough to tell any sincere person what the status of women is in Christianity:
Genesis 3:16
King James Bible
......and thy desire shall be
to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Ephesians 5:22
King James Bible
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own
husbands, as unto the Lord.

But I've got mad love for you bukatyne kiss
I've got mad love for all feminists so keep up the good work, Christian or not. kiss

Read Ephesians 5:21
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
bukatyne:

Read Ephesians 5:21

Ephesians 5:21
King James Version (KJV)
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

What does 'submission' in the context of that verse imply?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by bukatyne(f): 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Ephesians 5:21
King James Version (KJV)
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

What does 'submission' in the context of that verse imply?

Are you sure you want this discussion on this thread? grin

Your question is really the main thing! What does submission mean in Christianity? You will agree with me that Eph 5: 21 has cancelled any notion that submission makes a woman inferior to her husband else they would both be inferior to one another.

In Christianity, submission means 'esteeming others, your neighbor above yourself' i.e. treating others people in this case your husband more than yourself. A husband is called to love his wife and this love is defined in 1 Cor 13: 1 - 13. The submission of the wife is a balance to the husband's love. The husband watches out for the wife and the wife watches out for her husband. They are in sync and part of a whole.

Christians are also called to submit to each other in Romans and told to honor one another in Colossians.

Only mates or colleagues can submit that's why children are never told to submit to their parents but obey them.

Forget all the submission you hear and read about in Nigeria; they are using their own Nigerian Bible.

I do not know what submission means in the cultural context anyways.

Hope I was helpful.

Apologies to Kenichi for derailing

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (45) (Reply)

If You Have Touched This Ball, Then You Are Truly An Old Man! / Akobi Crescent, Surulere After Rain Today (Photo) / If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.