Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 (2214 Views)

"Nigeria's Democracy May Break With The Arrest Of Olisa Metuh" - PDP / Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Mark To Northern Leaders: Boko Haram May Break Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nigeria May Breakup Before 2015 – OPC Leader, Fasheun
11.04.2013, 7:20 Local
Respected Medical Doctor and founder of Oodua Peoples
Congress, OPC, Chief Frederick Fasheun has raised the alarm
that Nigeria may not survive 2014, unless its citizens develop
good political platforms and traditions.
Fashehun, who also doubles as the Chairman,
Committee for the Resuscitation of the Unity
Party of Nigeria, UPN, said this while briefing
newsmen in Lagos on Wednesday.
According to him, "There is real danger for the country and we
cannot continue to fold our arms and watch politicians run the
country aground through profligacy and corruption.
"From all indications, Nigeria will not survive beyond 2014 as a
country, unless Nigerians rise up to evolve good political
platforms and traditions."
Speaking further, the elder statesman said, the UPN had come to
provide such a credible platform, adding that those championing
the resuscitation of the UPN would bring sanity into the nation's
political space, beginning with the South-West geopolitical zone.
He believes that a credible political association such as UPN
would serve as a dependable, focused, people-oriented political
vehicle.
He voiced his conviction thus, "UPN shall meet the true yearnings
of Nigerians for quality education, for free health for all, for a
functional transportation system, for rural-urban integration and
for mass housing.
"Less than 30 per cent of our yearly budget goes into the projects
and purposes for which they are appropriated, while the bulk
goes into the drainpipe of corruption, through vast cash
holdings, Nigerian banks and foreign accounts."
He added that "Worldwide, democracy is seen as the government
of the people, by the people, for the people. But the Nigerian
situation is rather very paradoxical.
"Various groupings have had to form political platforms, most of
which are non-ideological, and this is why although Nigerians
have aspired to democracy, they have today achieved a situation
far from democracy. What we have today at best is self-
government and certainly not democracy," he said.

http://m.naij.com/news/30645.html
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by slimghost(m): 4:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
And that's our prayers IJN! somebody say AMEN! grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Dede1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
@OP

Is there anything wrong with breaking up of Nigeria? Honestly, it will be a welcome idea if Nigeria breaks up this moment. Why should Nigeria wait till 2014 or 15 to breakup? I want it now!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Rossikk(m): 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
Any riffraff seeking relevance and attention in the country does so these days by predicting doom for the nation. That's the latest vogue in town.
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by slimghost(m): 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
Rossikk: Any riffraff seeking relevance and attention in the country does so these days by predicting doom for the nation. That's the latest vogue in town.

Is there anything wrong with the country breaking up sir? undecided undecided undecided In a marriage, people reserve the right to decide if they still want the union or not, so i cant see why the different regions of Nigeria shouldn't be able to decide if they want to stay or leave. NA BY FORCE?
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
slimghost:

Is there anything wrong with the country breaking up sir? undecided undecided undecided In a marriage, people reserve the right to decide if they still want the union or not, so i cant see why the different regions of Nigeria shouldn't be able to decide if they want to stay or leave. NA BY FORCE?
abi? no be by force na!
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
tongue Is it true that Arsenal FC always bow out champions league every season with pride on goal aggregate? AC Milan, Barcelona, Bayern. Ok! Dat's all.
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Rossikk(m): 4:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
slimghost:

Nigerians do not want to break up or else they would have done so many decades ago. Of 170 million Nigerians, the overwhelming majority get on well with one other and have no problems whatsoever. It is only a tiny minority of GOATS who won't let us hear something because of their sick ethnic obsession.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Odunnu: 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
All these sites/blogs you people use as 'source' makes a mockery of NL homepage. 2hrs from now, when twitters have started twitting and its trending in all social network, a rebuttal would spring up.
Point is, give us a credible source link.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by slimghost(m): 5:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
Rossikk:

Nigerians do not want to break up or else they would have done so many decades ago. Of 170 million Nigerians, the overwhelming majority get on well with one other and have no problems whatsoever. It is only a tiny minority of GOATS who won't let us hear something because of their sick ethnic obsession.

I disagree sir. In as much as i don't hold GEJ's administration responsible for the current mess we are in, we can no longer deny the fact that the average Nigerian is overly disappointed with what the Nation has turned into. Do your research well sir, go into the streets and interact with the common man and you would find out that most are tired of this lie called NIGERIA! Now, even if they don't want to break the country up, why not call for a SNC? Let all of us sit down and decide how(that's if we still want to be together) best we should co-exist peacefully.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
I support SNC so we can break peacefully
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
Odunnu: All these sites/blogs you people use as 'source' makes a mockery of NL homepage. 2hrs from now, when twitters have started twitting and its trending in all social network, a rebuttal would spring up.
Point is, give us a credible source link.
yeah @ credible source not some kinda post from a forumite!!!
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by agriboom: 6:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
slimghost: And that's our prayers IJN! somebody say AMEN! grin grin

AMEN!! AMEN!!! AMEN!!!!
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Rossikk(m): 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
slimghost:

I disagree sir. In as much as i don't hold GEJ's administration responsible for the current mess we are in, we can no longer deny the fact that the average Nigerian is overly disappointed with what the Nation has turned into. Do your research well sir, go into the streets and interact with the common man and you would find out that most are tired of this lie called NIGERIA! Now, even if they don't want to break the country up, why not call for a SNC? Let all of us sit down and decide how(that's if we still want to be together) best we should co-exist peacefully.

Go and conduct an empirical poll to prove your claim that the majority of Nigerians want the country split up. In the absence of that, you've no leg to stand on.
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by slimghost(m): 7:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
Rossikk:

Go and conduct an empirical poll to prove your claim that the majority of Nigerians want the country split up. In the absence of that, you've no leg to stand on.

I have done that sir, please do yours. I have a feeling that GEJ is the person still holding the foundation of the nation because if he dare loses in 2005, anarchy will definitely set in.
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by FreeGlobe(f): 7:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
Rossikk:

I can only talk about the south east/biafra. Majority of biafrans want and seek the break up of this hopeless entity called Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by mike404(m): 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
slimghost: And that's our prayers IJN! somebody say AMEN! grin grin
Amen brother
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by nuclearboy(m): 8:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
Just wondering ......seems many of GEJs greatest (most vocal) supporters want Nigeria to break up!

Is there something y'all know or are planning for that makes it so?
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Hadone(m): 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by delvinmaya(m): 11:44pm On Apr 11, 2013
Seeing people shout that Nigeria will break up always makes me laugh. The only place I keep hearing that these days seem to be online. Bigots seem to run their mouths predicting break-ups, while some pray for it. I even see some make reference to a bad marriage or something not. Why don't you pray that your parents home or your own homes or marriages break-up? The only thing most of you know is come here to run your mouth. If we could survive a civil war, so many coups and dictators, so many tribal wars, Abiola's case, Jan 1st 2012, then why would we break-up now?
If you crave a break-up so much, why don't you start with your home? Rather than accept the truth, that almost everyone and everything in Nigeria has become mediocre, you call on God to come and break-up your country. I wish I could find a single word to aptly describe you(se) and your thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by dayokanu(m): 11:45pm On Apr 11, 2013
Fasheun collect money finish he come dey yarn say Naija go break.

Since he knows once Naija breaks, No one would ask him for refund of the pipeline security money

No go use 419 for us here

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Katsumoto: 12:00am On Apr 12, 2013
dayokanu: Fasheun collect money finish he come dey yarn say Naija go break.

Since he knows once Naija breaks, No one would ask him for refund of the pipeline security money

No go use 419 for us here

It would appear Faseun has been recruited to cause mayhem in the SW.
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by birdman(m): 12:05am On Apr 12, 2013
Katsumoto:

It would appear Faseun has been recruited to cause mayhem in the SW.

Anyone remember the burial ceremony in the delta where Azazi died? I think it was a relative of one of GEJ's spokesmen being buried. I remember one of the OPC heavyweights was at this event, being ferried by armed guards over the creek. If not for that tragedy, we would never have seen that pic, and probably wouldnt know that parts of OPC are in bed with the enemy.
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Katsumoto: 12:07am On Apr 12, 2013
birdman:

Anyone remember the burial ceremony in the delta where Azazi died? I think it was a relative of one of GEJ's spokesmen being buried. I remember one of the OPC heavyweights was at this event, being ferried by armed guards over the creek. If not for that tragedy, we would never have seen that pic, and probably wouldnt know that parts of OPC are in bed with the enemy.

Ganiyu Adams
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by birdman(m): 12:08am On Apr 12, 2013
Katsumoto:

Ganiyu Adams

Thanks. I couldnt quite find a link. I know it doesnt mean he is guilty, but it is interesting to note that all these warring parties are actually acquaintances on a first name basis in the background.
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 12, 2013
delvinmaya: Seeing people shout that Nigeria will break up always makes me laugh. The only place I keep hearing that these days seem to be online. Bigots seem to run their mouths predicting break-ups, while some pray for it. I even see some make reference to a bad marriage or something not. Why don't you pray that your parents home or your own homes or marriages break-up? The only thing most of you know is come here to run your mouth. If we could survive a civil war, so many coups and dictators, so many tribal wars, Abiola's case, Jan 1st 2012, then why would we break-up now?
[b]If you crave a break-up so much, why don't you start with your home? [/b]Rather than accept the truth, that almost everyone and everything in Nigeria has become mediocre, you call on God to come and break-up your country. I wish I could find a single word to aptly describe you(se) and your thinking.

Because our homes are products of our choices. Nigeria is a product created to serve selfish western interests. Keep laughing, you have a right to have an opinion after all.
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by birdman(m): 12:16am On Apr 12, 2013
NeoTesla:

Because our homes are products of our choices. Nigeria is a product of a "petty" European mind. Keep laughing, you have a right to have an opinion after all.

This is something Nigerians are unable to grasp, yet. The country itself was designed as a construct to further aid the transfer of resources to the head of the colony. It has nothing to do with the welfare of those being colonised. This is why the Delta cannot have a fair shake, even when its own son is on top. I have no problem with Nigeria, but we need to understand the basics before meaningless patriotism.
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by delvinmaya(m): 12:25am On Apr 12, 2013
NeoTesla:

Because our homes are products of our choices. Nigeria is a product of a "petty" European mind. Keep laughing, you have a right to have an opinion after all.
I love the fact that you say our homes is as a product of your choice. As you lay your bed, so you lie on it. For you, your choice is to break up the house you have now to build a better home of your choice, but you forget you will still build on the same ground. This ground is however littered with the trash of the house you broke down. Wouldn't it have been better for you to have resolved this issues before turning them into trash,a trash that would rear its ugly head once you are through with building your home. I still stand by my words, mediocrity has found its way into our very breath. All Nigerians are guilty of this, and truth be told, even if we break-up, the ghost of Nigeria will haunt us

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by delvinmaya(m): 12:32am On Apr 12, 2013
birdman:

This is something Nigerians are unable to grasp, yet. The country itself was designed as a construct to further aid the transfer of resources to the head of the colony. It has nothing to do with the welfare of those being colonised. This is why the Delta cannot have a fair shake, even when its own son is on top. I have no problem with Nigeria, but we need to understand the basics before meaningless patriotism.
Yes, Yes, Yes, we keep hearing that story, over and over and it has become stale. This is not an issue of meaningless patriotism, but a question of morality and social justice. Bernard Shaw once wrote "It is said that every people has the Government it deserves". I want to add, we deserve the mess we are in cause we all caused it. We fix ourselves, we can then talk about breaking up whatever we want to break-up, and that's if we remember.
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by birdman(m): 1:53am On Apr 12, 2013
delvinmaya:
Yes, Yes, Yes, we keep hearing that story, over and over and it has become stale. This is not an issue of meaningless patriotism, but a question of morality and social justice. Bernard Shaw once wrote "It is said that every people has the Government it deserves". I want to add, we deserve the mess we are in cause we all caused it. We fix ourselves, we can then talk about breaking up whatever we want to break-up, and that's if we remember.

You dont repair a house without foundation. Once it starts to sink, you tear it down and rebuild properly. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by ochukoccna: 7:37am On Apr 12, 2013
Why didn't Fasheun give Ebele Jonathan this his thesis firstly before calling his news conference?
After all,they are now chummy buddies
HYPOCRITE!
Ge knows all this yet he's grovelling like a hungry dog before Ebele for a pipeline contract
Pathetic fellow!
Re: Nigeria May Break Up Before 2015 by Gamji007: 10:21am On Apr 12, 2013
Rossikk:

Majority of the GOATS are on Nairaland!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mr Governor Where Is Your Certificate / Who Was The Ultimate Beneficiary Of Bola Ige's & Funsho William's Deaths? / Osun Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.