Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 (1328 Views)

Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? / Voguepay-online CARD Payment Processor By Afrisoft. / Afrisoft Interactive Buys Www.estoresms.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by Qualms: 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
Afrisoft Interactive is set to empower a thousand people who would like to become players in the I.T industry in Nigeria. The first batch of trainees for the Afrisoft ITP commenced training in February 2013. This batch was the maiden batch after the reformation of the programming training to the Afrisoft ITP. Four trainees were given scholarship for the program while six Interns were given an automatic enrollment on the program.

The objective of the ITP is not just to train intending online entrepreneurs but to ensure that they are taken through the theoretical and practical challenges of creating and sustaining viable online business that will meet global standards and that will remain highly competitive.

According to the CAO, Mr Quam Ojikutu who is the training coordinator, “it is for the purpose of ensuring that the training objectives are adequately met that the training fee was reduced from #150,000 to #50,000. It was observed that the expensive training attracted individuals that only attended so as to be affiliated with Afrisoft Interactive and because they can easily afford the amount.”He furthered that “these trainees apart from being unserious as the program progressed were also not seen putting the training acquired into use to establish strong online businesses.” This formed the basis of redesigning the program to be;

More practical oriented
Involve reverse engineering of one of Afrisoft Interactive successful products so that the complex workings of the product can be laid bare in simple views
Involve the development and completion of a pet project to which will form an assessment basis to determine trainee readiness
Rebranding of the training program as the Afrisoft ITP.

It is to this end that the CEO of Afrisoft Interactive pledged a scholarship of up to the full training amount to deserving trainees. Scholarship assessment is conducted by way of IQ tests. No previous IT knowledge is required. Training is taken from scratch to ensure that each trainee is fully developed. The next batch of trainees will commence classes on May 20, 2013.

Are you still awaiting employment or would you rather join the league of the next online entrepreneurs to emerge from Nigeria?

You can reach the training coordinators through training@afrisoft.net or call Mayowa on 08093556340.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————
Culled from: http://234direct.com/i-t-scholarships-afrisoft-interactive-to-empower-1000-web-and-software-programming-entrepreneurs/
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by JummyBy: 9:15am On Apr 12, 2013
This is nice. Thumbs up Afrisoft.
I've been to www.afrisoft.net/training, I've downloaded the form. Is it possible to submit the form without having to come to your office? Please advise
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by lexty: 9:41am On Apr 12, 2013
@jummyBy, you can submit the form without going to their office, all you need to do is to download the form, fill it, scan it and send it to training@afrisoft.net. i submitted mine lastweek.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by JummyBy: 10:53am On Apr 12, 2013
lexty: @jummyBy, you can submit the form without going to their office, all you need to do is to download the form, fill it, scan it and send it to training@afrisoft.net. i submitted mine lastweek.

Thanks Lexty. I'll try that
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by mamadeb: 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
Nice one from Afrisoft, Other I.T companies wont even do it for that amount.keep up the good work
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by mubo86: 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
Please what are the course outline?
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by funkkylove: 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
i am currently running the prog. courses include, HTML,CSS, Javascript, PHP, Mysql, use of Component Management System, etc. both theory and practicals grin grin grin
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by Kunlayd: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2013
Chei, where I been dey siince. Quite reasonable and not bad at all.
There's something about these guys at Afrisoft I love. Honestly, I wouldnt mind stealing your business if I could tongue tongue grin. I am considering boosting my knowledge but 50K plenty small at this time o. Does Funky know if there's an option for part payments (installments)?
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
3 months to learn html, css, js, php, mysql and cms?
Well, they are using the age long strategy of niit, which they have been using to milk Nigerian youths.
Scholarship?
You pay 1k and after so called thorough screening, 5 persons will be selected.
I know that about 100,000 Nigerian youths will register. Then 1k times 100k. That's big buck for Afrisoft.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by Kunlayd: 3:52pm On Apr 19, 2013
GraphicsPlus:
You pay 1k and after so called thorough screening, 5 persons will be selected.
I know that about 100,000 Nigerian youths will register. Then 1k times 100k. That's big buck for Afrisoft.

@GraphicsPlus, I feel you. I was just considering enrolling. If the training is really "Intensive," then 3 months might not be the problem. I dont want to spend 1 year learning something like that.
5 persons times 50,000 is 250K which is higher than the 100K you have up there. The actual maths is how much Afrisoft will be making from this training if they are talking about 1,000 entrepreneurs. For a company of Afrisoft's size, I assume 100K should be negligible.
You have to work harder to make me see why I shouldnt join the train just yet. Abi na make I begin regret not joining when the program is over?
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by GraphicsPlus(m): 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2013
I actually mean 1,000,000 youths. u can join the training, but u wil realize later what i mean. the training will be intensive? morning till night for 7days a week? I bet u, it wil be 2 to 4 hours, mon to fri.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by JummyBy: 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I actually mean 1,000,000 youths. u can join the training, but u wil realize later what i mean. the training will be intensive? morning till night for 7days a week? I bet u, it wil be 2 to 4 hours, mon to fri.
Where will 1 million youths come from? Why do Nigerians talk like this? I went there to submit my form and did not see 10 youths there talk less 1 million. If Afrisoft says there's no scholarship, I will still apply. Meanwhile, I did not even apply for the scholarship at all.
If you already know the modules they are teaching, no point discouraging those of us who are interested since your points seem baseless and unrealistic. Intensive has never meant that I should expect to be given accomodation, fed and kept in class 24/7. I have had intensive trainings courses in the Uk so I know what I am expecting.
Some people can biff o.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by GraphicsPlus(m): 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2013
I can only tell u that they will not cover those modules indepth. The course is an introduction. They ar using niit style.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by lojik(m): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I can only tell u that they will not cover those modules indepth. The course is an introduction. They ar using niit style.
I understand your pessimism but we are not in it just for the money.

1. Our pioneering students were all trained on 100% scholarship between December and February 2013 but we did not publicize it as ITP hence we called the present students Batch "A". If it were all about money alone, we would not train a whole class FREE OF CHARGE.

2. Some of our pioneering students are now SALARIED programmers at Afrisoft. The latest version of our Fixed Asset Management System (also used on our intranet) was programmed by one of them. Also the next version of our commercial SPC software is being programmed by another. We wont employ them talk less of put them on our major projects if the training we gave them is not intensive.

3. The ongoing batch includes not less than 6 interns (that we pay while we train them for free) this is aside from those on scholarship (Up to 100% scholarship). We train interns for free, pay them during their training and give them brand new official laptops and yet, you think its just because we want to milk them?

We need programmers. We conducted 5 different recruitment processes for programmers last year and couldn't get a single competent one. We are training to employ, we are not just training for money. We have every reason to train them well otherwise, they will not meet our own employment standards.

We are not a training school, we are a software company. Change your view. Something good is already coming out of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
If that is the case, then it's cool.
It seems u are the spoke person of Afrisoft.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by rhizcourt: 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
The last inquiry i made on the programming training was for #100,0000, i am happy i found a cheaper one. I can wait to be part of this successful program.

Thanks to Afrisoft.
shally
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by mamadeb: 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
@ Graphicsplus hanhan appreciate the effort of Afrisoft jor.Dont discourage dose of us that are interested in the program. @jummyby and kunlayd you just av to be on the train ooooooooooooo.As for me this is not passing me by grin grin grin
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by Dsubtle(m): 3:19am On Apr 30, 2013
I am interested in the training,pls is there provision for working class?
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by opad(m): 10:55am On Apr 30, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I can only tell u that they will not cover those modules indepth. The course is an introduction. They ar using niit style.
Seems youre just a newbie on nairaland not to know Leke ojikutu.
Thumbs Up Afrisoft jare!
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by opad(m): 10:56am On Apr 30, 2013
GraphicsPlus: If that is the case, then it's cool.
It seems u are the spoke person of Afrisoft.
Seems youre just a newbie on nairaland not to know Leke ojikutu.
Thumbs Up Afrisoft jare!
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by Tekkyboy(m): 11:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
this is a nice program that i have interest but my problem is that am in ekiti state now,PLS HOW CAN YOU HELP NON RESIDENT OF LAGOS STATE?
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by cmespeak: 11:36am On May 01, 2013
Tek%kyboy:
this is a nice program that i have interest but my problem is that am in ekiti state now,PLS HOW CAN YOU HELP NON RESIDENT OF LAGOS STATE?

Hello,since u in ekiti,i do some training on web development for serious interested corp members, when i am in Ado for projects for the university. u can call me on 08025877792.
Re: Afrisoft Interactive To Empower 1,000 by Tekkyboy(m): 5:38pm On May 03, 2013
cmespeak:

Hello,since u in ekiti,i do some training on web development for serious interested corp members, when i am in Ado for projects for the university. u can call me on 08025877792.
ok no problem but how can i get a professional web developers that is a corp member?when exactly ar u coming down to ado?

(1) (Reply)

Website Partners Needed / Best Social Bookmarking Sites / Earn FREE Mobile Credit on a New and Exciting Social Network called Skits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.